PDA

View Full Version : Earthbound/Mother series

Galvatron
08-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Who here has played these games? If you like Pokemon, and plots, then these games should please you.

I just finished Mother 3, although it was in Japanese(thank you internet for translation guides!).

Araciel
08-04-2007, 03:09 AM
played earthbound on snes...that's all. didn't remind me of pokemon at all.

theundeadhero
08-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Played Mother on NES and Earthbound on SNES.

Zeromus_X
08-04-2007, 04:51 PM
I've played a bit of the first Mother, and I've played alot of Mother 2/Earthbound. When Mother 3's fantranslation is finished, I'll probably play that one too.

ReloadPsi
08-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Played Earthbound on the SNES and found that, after an easy stroll around outside the house killing monsters, I suddenly got totally raped by these weird gangsters in black clothing and died a lot because each of their attacks would take off over a third of my HP. Because I absolutely hate level grinding just to get past a single section in the main game sequence, I coneded defeat at the hands of godawful balance: Why does the game suddenly get so insanely hard so early on?

Although I was able to get slightly further on in the game (defeated Frank and his robot thing courtesy of many many saves and reloads), I never played past Giant's Step.

Galvatron
08-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I've played a bit of the first Mother, and I've played alot of Mother 2/Earthbound. When Mother 3's fantranslation is finished, I'll probably play that one too.

The main script is almost fully translated, after about 2 more drafts the main translator guy should be done with that. I think it will be out in October if we're lucky.

Played Earthbound on the SNES and found that, after an easy stroll around outside the house killing monsters, I suddenly got totally raped by these weird gangsters in black clothing and died a lot because each of their attacks would take off over a third of my HP. Because I absolutely hate level grinding just to get past a single section in the main game sequence, I coneded defeat at the hands of godawful balance: Why does the game suddenly get so insanely hard so early on?

Although I was able to get slightly further on in the game (defeated Frank and his robot thing courtesy of many many saves and reloads), I never played past Giant's Step.

Well, the only place that is helped by grinding is the very beginning of the game, if you get to about level 11 before you fight the skate punks and frank, then the rest of the game goes by pretty grind-free.

Jowy
08-05-2007, 03:46 AM
moon side demon side sni snide