PDA

View Full Version : They actually made a Bratz Movie?!?!

Ishin Ookami
08-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Okay, seriously now. When did underage prostitution become the big thing? By my understanding, the bratz are supposed to be preteens that dress like prostitutes and wear more makeup then your average Star Trek Alien of the Week. And not only is this popular enough to merit video games, and DVD's, they actually made a movie?

What demented psycho would actually allow their children to be a Bratz fan? What poor soul devoid of any self esteem and dignity would actually want to be a fan?

I was ambivalent about the Spice Girls planning a reunion, I don't give a crap that Britney is still getting exposure, and I've stopped caring about Lindsey Lohans weekly crack induced drama episodes, but this is seriouisly making me think that these are truly the end times for humanity. Why can't people be smart enough to keep these freak shows confined to the carnivals and circus's?

Yes I'm ranting. But can you really blame me?

Polaris
08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Bratz?? U mean those dolls? Isn't there a cartoon about them too? :confused: I think they have too huge lips (probably they used cilicone on them) and dress like you said... But I'm talking about the dolls, that's the only Bratz I know!:( I wish Barbie would return to the old days:(

Ishin Ookami
08-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Bratz?? U mean those dolls? Isn't there a cartoon about them too? :confused: I think they have too huge lips (probably they used cilicone on them) and dress like you said... But I'm talking about the dolls, that's the only Bratz I know!:( I wish Barbie would return to the old days:(

Yep, those are the bratz. When I first heard about them I thought it was an April fools joke, as it was in a video game magazine and the blurb was highly sarcastic. Then I actually saw one of their DVD's and bloody near had a heart attack. As banal as barbie can be, at least she had some actual aspirations in life (doctor, balerina, singer) other than to be the Americas most underage prostitute. I'd sooner hand my daughter a malibu barbie then I would a bratz doll.

Polaris
08-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah I saw a couple episodes of their cartoon and basically it's always the same thing. There are the good girls (Bratz) and the bad girls (I remember they were twins), then they wanna ruin Bratz plans and they never suceed! The most stupid thing is that even bad girls and Bratz have two things in common:

- They wanna be famous
- They cared about beauty

I'm glad my little sister just likes teddy bears!:D

Karellen
08-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Watched the trailer then. It doesn't look like anything more then a really, really awful teenager-oriented movie.

Heath
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
It's just another thing that people are into. You could argue that Action Man could teach boys how to undress men. I can't blame you too much, no, but I think it's a bit of a lost cause. For years now, younger girls have been dressing in more sexually provocative clothing which I find a bit disturbing sometimes actually and I don't really think 'Bratz' dolls are the sole cause of this.

As for the film itself, it was one of those moments in my life when I was sat there watching the trailer and thinking to myself 'oh dear God, please be an Orange advert.' Then they started playing Avril Lavigne and I considered asking for a refund because the pain was horrible. At that point, I prayed in my heart that it would just be a bad satirical film actually aimed at adults but apparently it isn't. I'm dubious as to the success it will have here in Britain, to be honest.

starseeker
08-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I saw a trailer for that film and I felt so sorry for American society.

Shlup
08-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Bratz make me want to cannibalize those around me.

At least I have my sisters trained. I ask, "Why don't we like Bratz?" and they say "They teach children to be vapid whores!"

Markus. D
08-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm glad most shops banned Bratz babies from being sold.

Absolute garbage.

It was sickening to see that this is aimed at children.

blackmage_nuke
08-03-2007, 01:42 PM
I saw a preveiw for it when i went to see the simpsons movie, it looked like the most cliche'd high school movie ever.

Bunny
08-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Just a little tip:

DVDs are movies.

Hambone
08-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I heard Paula Abdul designed the outfits for the movie.

daggertrepe
08-03-2007, 04:01 PM
And Paula was crying about it!!! :laugh:

Rengori
08-03-2007, 11:30 PM
You have to remember that it's probably going to suck ass and be a total flop at the box office.

Sweet Beloved
08-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Yeah I saw the trailer.
I was like, "What?! Bratz?! What happened to Barbie?!"
I figured they would make one though, considering little girls love them a whole lot.
I probably will end up watching it, considering my little sister is obsessed with them (Cloe is her faveorite)
But yeah, well if it sucks, it sucks.

SnoopyG
08-04-2007, 05:05 AM
I took my little cousin to go see this today, its a really bad movie. Besides the cute girls, everything was horrible. DVD would be a good gift for anybody you hate though

Fonzie
08-04-2007, 06:32 AM
I took my little cousin to go see this today, its a really bad movie. Besides the cute girls, everything was horrible. DVD would be a good gift for anybody you hate though

Like giving fruit cake to somebody on a holiday.

Roto13
08-04-2007, 08:38 AM
I remember their first commercial. It actually said "Don't theorize! Accessorize!"

I'm not even kidding.

rubah
08-04-2007, 07:32 PM
I found this link today, and while it has nothing to do with bratz, it has everything to do with the forces that created them.

Paradise glossed: magazines driving girl-poisoning culture - Miranda Devine (http://www.smh.com.au/news/miranda-devine/paradise-glossed-magazines-driving-girlpoisoning-culture/2007/08/04/1185648206332.html)

Disco Potato
08-04-2007, 07:42 PM
My cousins used to love Bratz...I hope they've grown out of that phase -_-