PDA

View Full Version : Leveled up too much?

Hazzard
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Alright, here's my team and we're on the mission were you have to go to Timber:

Squall - 3300 HP Lvl 23
Zell - 700 HP Lvl 12
Selphie - 700 HP Lvl 9

Do you think this is bad, because enemies are based on the average which would probably be around level 14-18 now, and I'm worried that this might make all my characters too weak. What should I do? Kill off Squall for a while and grind up these two?

Also, can you name me some good places to get AP at the moment, and the best grinding spot.

Kanshisha
08-03-2007, 01:07 PM
It all depends on the junctions

Hazzard
08-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I balanced it out a bit now, and the party is around 1400 - 2000 HP, everything seems fine, just need to find new magic to get junctioned.

terus01
08-03-2007, 04:04 PM
for right now, focus on junction. after that, at the end at disc three before go to lunatic pandora, level up till 100. level up smart with vit bonus, hp bonus, etc-bonus. I told you even with level 100, Omega is damn easy without holy war/ hero/ invincible moon (you just need a right stats and strategy). make a sense? don't be afraid leveling up. and make sure you have all GF to complete your stats junction.

Xurts
08-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Your levels are fine. Just keep everyone below 30 and it'll be easy. Fastitocalon-Fs offer good AP at the moment, 3 AP per kill. They're found on the beaches around Balamb and Timber.

Carding T-Rexaurs will prevent you from receiving EXP, and modding T-Rexaur cards will yield Dino Bones, which refine into Quake (best for Strength at the moment). It would also be a good idea to get the -aga magic junctioned now. Once you get to Timber go to the Pet Shop and buy some Magic/GF/Draw/Item Scrolls. Refine those into Wizard Stones (Siren's Tool-RF) and then further into -aga magic. 10 Wizard Stones per Scroll, and 5 -aga spells per Wizard Stone. So you get 50 -aga spells for the price of 5,000 Gil. 400 -aga spells will cost 40,000 Gil though, and that's just for one character. It's very expensive, but those spells will last you until the end of disc 1. If you're up for it, then you can just run around while you wait to get your SeeD salary.

You can draw Esuna and Double from the boss on the train (not Diablos), so make sure to get a bunch of those.

Hazzard
08-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks Xurts, I'll try it out now.

Update - Should I kill off Squall cause he's reached level 30?

Goldenboko
08-03-2007, 09:43 PM
No don't worry about this game being hard, it isn't.

Hazzard
08-03-2007, 10:22 PM
I've played the game several times but have never completed it (got to near the end of third disc) I had to kill off Squall, and it's difficult leveling up Zell and Selphie who just reached their 20's, any advise on the nearest place to gain lots of EXP, or is it the forest near timber (Ochus, cockatrice and such...?)

Xurts
08-04-2007, 12:16 AM
I've played the game several times but have never completed it (got to near the end of third disc) I had to kill off Squall, and it's difficult leveling up Zell and Selphie who just reached their 20's, any advise on the nearest place to gain lots of EXP, or is it the forest near timber (Ochus, cockatrice and such...?)
The forest is probably the best option for EXP, but don't worry about your levels much. Just keep them relatively low. Focus more on learning GF abilities and your junctions.

Hambone
08-04-2007, 02:53 PM
The reason why you don't want to level up so much is that you don't really want to have fiends past lvl. 30. There's no use fighting a tough monster if you just junction really well, eh?

Iceglow
08-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Near Timber I'd actually use Vysage enemies for leveling you can in fact go straight to level 50 or so with this area, of course that would make you HEAVILY dependent on the Devour command later for extra stat points.

pspkilla
08-05-2007, 02:55 AM
The island closest to heaven or hell lol nah don't do that you'll get owned, It's possible to beat this game at an extremly low level, all you need is good juctions, and every GF you can get, focus on killing things like Cactuars they give you alot of AP, this way you can level your GF's faster.

Hazzard
08-05-2007, 03:00 AM
UPDATE: I'm already on the 2nd disc and have to visit Trabia Garden.

Party: Squall - 4400(HP) Lvl 39 Zell - 4900(HP) Lvl 33 Selphie - 5500(HP) Lvl 31

Things are going smoothly, but I'm wondering if you can take on the CC club at this point in the game?

Also, a recommendation on what amount of HP my attacks should be taking away at the end of disc two?

pspkilla
08-05-2007, 03:57 AM

Party: Squall - 4400(HP) Lvl 39 Zell - 4900(HP) Lvl 33 Selphie - 5500(HP) Lvl 31

Things are going smoothly, but I'm wondering if you can take on the CC club at this point in the game?

Also, a recommendation on what amount of HP my attacks should be taking away at the end of disc two?

I didn't even have 4000 HP by the end of disc three...

Xurts
08-05-2007, 04:52 AM

You can't do the CC group quest until you return to Balamb Garden. Once you solve the problems there you will be able to do it.