PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars: Eye of the North

escobert
08-04-2007, 02:55 AM
So, being released August 31st. Can't wait! I pre-ordered last night. So anyone going to pick it up and bring the fight back to Tyria?
Also can't wait for a Norn hero and a Asura hero ^_^ wonder if you'll be able to get a Charr one also? since Charr will be a playable race in 2.
And, do you think this is the last bang for Guild Wars or do you think there will be anything else released before Guild Wars 2 is out?

Laddy
08-04-2007, 04:41 AM
It does sound cool, I really doubt there will be something else, really.

Markus. D
08-04-2007, 05:11 AM
I really am awaiting this.

Now since factions they learned how to tell the story right.

And Nightfalls undoubtedly awesome Hero System~~~ (Everything on my team had to sub Ritualist or else!).

I'd definetly say NF is the last one we are blessed with before GW 2.

I also like how it focuses on people who are already level 20... though a new class or dance would be nice...

I want an Asura hero *-*

Zante
08-04-2007, 07:33 AM
GW sucks now, with all the grinding you have to do to get simple equipment, getting neat stuff is almost impossible. Anet released picks of some neat new lava armors, though I bet it will cost millions.

And adding 10 new heroes yet keeping the 3 heroes max limit seems kindna pointless too.

Add all the stupid skill nerfs to that (Intensity was made useless one day after its release), and all the changes to get rid of bots which only end up agitating legit players in the end...

On top of that, it seems like ANet is starting to look into a micro payment system.

I am not too excited about EotN, though I might get it eventually, for the story and the Hall of Monuments if nothing else.

Markus. D
08-04-2007, 10:16 AM
GW sucks now, with all the grinding you have to do to get simple equipment, getting neat stuff is almost impossible. Anet released picks of some neat new lava armors, though I bet it will cost millions.

And adding 10 new heroes yet keeping the 3 heroes max limit seems kindna pointless too.

Add all the stupid skill nerfs to that (Intensity was made useless one day after its release), and all the changes to get rid of bots which only end up agitating legit players in the end...

On top of that, it seems like ANet is starting to look into a micro payment system.

I am not too excited about EotN, though I might get it eventually, for the story and the Hall of Monuments if nothing else.

The level cap is 20, there IS no grinding.
Farming is executed easily aswell.

And I believe they have done a brilliant job on skill balance (Cept Shadow Form and a couple of other skills).

And the hero additions just means more Primary to abuse at once B]

Zante
08-04-2007, 01:28 PM
You have to grind for gold now, they lowered the drop rates so making a few k takes almost 10 times longer than it used to. As a result of this, people have no gold and noone is buying things for what they are worth. Gold Sephis axes used to go for up to 100k, now I have trouble selling one for more than 20k. The lack of a working trade system isn't helping things either.

Simply, if you can't spend several hours a day farming, you will have trouble buying anything. The thing that made GW so great was that it was designed to be casual friendly. Though that’s out of the window now.

And some of the 'balance' changes they do are ridiculous. Soul reaping nerf, armor cap, the nerfing of Searing Flames, Intensity... :cry:

Though yes, 3 ele heroes plus myself could be fun. I haven't thought of that... :)

Shoeberto
08-04-2007, 05:42 PM
The lack of a working trade system isn't helping things either.
They really shot themselves in the foot by waiting so long to implement that seeking feature. It was the first thing to really incorporate an auction house-like feature into the game, but by the time it came out, people were so used to spamming their offers in all chat that no one used it. At least not last time I checked.

It's a real shame, too, because that system is so versatile. The main cities would be a lot less annoying to hang out in had Anet incorporated it closer to launch than they did.

Zante
08-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Its not that people don't want to use party search for trading, but it has a 31 characters limit. Its hard enough to squeeze a description for one item in there, if you wan't to sell several things, you are out of luck. And it can't be extended according to Anet, something to do with how they store data.

Markus. D
08-04-2007, 10:46 PM
That's because the people themselves exploited GWs first system of gold drops.

They still are (Go into the Marketplace, Look at all the freaking macroing Mo/Me, It's so depressing T_T), And still they have thousands to play with :]

I liked that they decided to make it a rule to trade only through the trade chat, We can almost get a half decent conversation in the half empty places :]... I've never been into this money making/farming stuff anyways... so I'm a little dead when it comes to reason here x-x;

I wonder what kind of neat things await the PvE only skills, Hopefully something useful instead of gimicky things that discover stuff :[...

Shoeberto
08-05-2007, 12:07 AM
I liked that they decided to make it a rule to trade only through the trade chat, We can almost get a half decent conversation in the half empty places :]... I've never been into this money making/farming stuff anyways... so I'm a little dead when it comes to reason here x-x;

They actually started enforcing that? That's good. Anytime I played, if you went to Old Ascalon or Lion's Arch, you couldn't get a word in edgewise with all the tradespamming.

Markus. D
08-05-2007, 12:31 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong.

There are still spammage after spammage of "Join Our Guild"s.

But yes, definetly not as awful to have Local on now :]

Zante
08-05-2007, 09:05 AM
That's because the people themselves exploited GWs first system of gold drops.

They still are (Go into the Marketplace, Look at all the freaking macroing Mo/Me, It's so depressing T_T), And still they have thousands to play with :]

But the thing is that by nerfing it for the bot users, they also nerfed it for legit players. The difference is that while someone using bots just leaves the game playing over night and therefore doesn't care how long it takes to make money, legit players do. If anything, the farming nerfs will drive more people to bots and gold selling, as making gold takes far too much time now if you don't cheat.

What they should have done is increase quest and mission rewards instead, as those would be pretty hard to bot, and if you could make more gold by going though the game normaly than by farming, most wouldn't bother to bot farm, or farm at all.

escobert
08-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I really haven't much notice of a gold drop, if anything the last 6 months I've been making more money than the previous year and a half. I'm excited obviously, Guild Wars is the only one of these sort of games I can really get into. It helps alot also being an a good guild so you don't need to have local on :p. When I've got 100+ active guildies on there's no need to hear others.

Markus. D
08-06-2007, 11:15 PM
You could always play Factions Missions/Quests.

You make an absolute pleh~ of money in that.

Avarice-ness
08-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I'll prolly get it later on.

Money's tight for a while ... well... extra spending money's tight and I doubt my dad's gonna be all "LOL HAVE MONEY FOR GAMES" so I prolly won't get it until November when I start to get B-day money in.

I'll just hang around the others once I get stable internet until then!

Shoeberto
08-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Hey, maybe when this comes out, Factions will be affordable for me! :smash:

Zante
08-07-2007, 07:51 AM
I guess you guys weren't farming much before the nerfs then. On a good day, I could make up to 10k in less than 15 minutes. 200 gold for a quest is nothing compared to that. :cry:

Markus. D
08-07-2007, 11:45 AM
True ._.~

My Guild Leader Abree use to be one of those :]

There is always an unlockable hardmode to unlock which apparently has the optimal drops.

Washington is next
08-07-2007, 12:15 PM
PVE is boring, PVP is fun :)

Markus. D
08-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I love both <3

I must say PvP is definetly more awesome.

But I like the adventure aswell :]

Shoeberto
08-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I've never been able to get into Guild War's PvP. Compared to something like WSG in WoW, it's just kinda boring.
(this is just PvP in Prophecies, though. I haven't played any of the Factions or Nightfall content)

scrumpleberry
08-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I don't have any characters a high enough level to play this, really, but I want to finish at least one campaign first (lol, I'm lazy.)

Markus. D
08-07-2007, 11:34 PM
I've never been able to get into Guild War's PvP. Compared to something like WSG in WoW, it's just kinda boring.
(this is just PvP in Prophecies, though. I haven't played any of the Factions or Nightfall content)

Factions definetly caters for PvP.

But Nightfall unlocks the Hero Battles PvP options (Where it's just you and your heroes against the foe(s))... that being Said, Nightfall enhances the PvE experience 2 fold so *shrug*

Shoeberto
08-08-2007, 12:10 AM
I don't have any characters a high enough level to play this, really, but I want to finish at least one campaign first (lol, I'm lazy.)
I've had Prophecies since the month it came out and have played off and on ever since and still haven't beaten it.

scrumpleberry
08-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I've had Prophecies since the month it came out and have played off and on ever since and still haven't beaten it.

I had prophecies as a gift off someone who tried it and preferred WoW so roughly the same time, but I just kept on deleting allll my characters, so that's why I haven't beaten it...