PDA

View Full Version : MMO RPG Question

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Can you play a MMO offline or do you have to play it online?...Anyway the reason why I'm asking this question is because Bioware opened a studio in Texas and they're making an untitled MMO RPG.

Ouch!
08-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Think of what MMO stands for and take a wild guess.

I don't know anything 'bout the new MMO, but I'd go with the an emphatic "no."

McLovin'
08-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Yep you can play it offline, but you won't be playing. :p

Shoeberto
08-04-2007, 06:04 AM

Well Phantasy Star Universe is a MMO and you can play that game offline.
Ostensively, yeah, it's a game where you can play with random people on the Internet.

Some people go as far as to create the distinction between games with truly persistent, open worlds where thousands of players can encounter each other as actual MMORPGs (which never have single player) and games that use a lobby system in order to proceed through cooperative games as cooperative RPGs (generally they're designed to have a single player game you can run to. this is where PSO falls.)

Most likely, their MMO is going to be at traditional MMO.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-04-2007, 06:08 AM

Well Phantasy Star Universe is a MMO and you can play that game offline.

Yep you can play it offline, but you won't be playing. :p

Yes I will be playing because I plan on buying a X-Box 360 Elite...You see my old white X-Box 360 had the "red circle of death" problem hopefully that won't be the case with the 360 Elite.

Shoeberto
08-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Yes I will be playing because I plan on buying a X-Box 360 Elite...You see my old white X-Box 360 had the "red circle of death" problem hopefully that won't be the case with the 360 Elite.
What he means is that you can technically load the game without an internet connection, but nothing'll happen. You'll be stuck at the login screen, maybe able to change some options, but you can't really play them.