PDA

View Full Version : ...Diets...

Monster Hunt
08-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Diets. Not the scientific explanation of what animals (including humans) eat but the one that lots of people are crazy about for losing weight.

What do you think of diets? Do you want to share a good one? Want to warn people about a bad one (APART from fasting)? Any experiences? Do you want to learn about a particular one? Or... do you just want to know about something that will help you lose weight somewhere?

I've never had a need to go on a diet and most known diets these days seem to be crazy to me... but then again hiding in some health books in libraries, there seems to be some good ones (not that I've ever heard of one though) these days...

So... you?

Fonzie
08-04-2007, 07:01 AM
I have such a high metabolism that I haven't kept a steady weight since I was 13. So, dieting is out of the question.

inb4faris

rubah
08-04-2007, 07:05 AM
My current diet is called 'stop eating half the bag of chips at one time you fatty'

It's going pretty well with results already!

Faris
08-04-2007, 07:08 AM
I think that I should go on a diet but I never do because I like to eat what I want and not think about calories. I think it's ridiculous really. Personally, to lose weight, I eat less portions of foods and walk more often than not. It works fine for me. It bothers me that my mother will say that she is on a diet and the only thing that changes in the "meat and potato" dinner is that she will add yams or broccoli to her dish.\

inb4faris

Your post was there when I clicked on the thread smarty-pants.

Shiny
08-04-2007, 07:09 AM
I have the eat everything in sight diet.

Shlup
08-04-2007, 07:09 AM
I like the cabbage soup diet. Cabbage soup is yummy and it takes more calories to digest than it contains. There's a lot of uric acid though.

Resha
08-04-2007, 07:10 AM
I pigged out for a few months but now I feel guilty so I torture myself by eating leaves instead of chips. They're both crunchy though, so it's really just the colour that's different.

Breine
08-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't like diets. They are just plain stupid, well most of them are anyway. I guess it's a good way to lose some weight, but once the weight has been lost and people stop being on the diet they end up gaining all of the weight again.

Just generally eating healthy and varied (and then throw some exorcise into the mix) is the right way to go.

Rye
08-04-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty crappy at diets, but I'm on one every other week. The thing is that I get depressed and fed up with diets and just stop eating for days, which isn't healthy, I suppose.

I was really frustrated because in the winter, I gained a lot of weight and was 135 pounds, which is the heaviest I think I've ever been. So I've been trying to diet and run and stuff since them. And for months, it wouldn't work. Then I got my job and just cut the snacks, and I suddenly just lost 10 pounds. It was crazy. Now I'm 125 pounds and I'm happier, but I still want to lose 15 pounds. I joined a gym~

Anaisa
08-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Diets are a waste of time. Unless you're looking to temporarily lose weight, then put it all back on again when you start eating as you usually do.

Hambone
08-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Other than the fact that I need to go on one, I don't really have much experience with dieting.

Nifleheim7
08-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Eat less,move more.
The only diet that works for me.

Odaisé Gaelach
08-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Since I've never managed to gain over 130lbs (60kg), I've never needed to go on a diet. Currently I'm 123lbs (56kg).

snacks
08-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Diets are a waste of time. Unless you're looking to temporarily lose weight, then put it all back on again when you start eating as you usually do.

In 2000 I managed to lose 70 pounds, and haven't gained but more than 10 pounds (usually winter weight since).

I would only recommend dieting if you think you are in danger of having a serious medical condition. For instance my father has type 2 "diabetus" because he's at least 100 pounds over the typical weight for his height. Seeing that at the time I was only 5'5 (maybe) and 250 pounds myself I needed to do something about it.

Also it's nice to lose weight, but it's just too much work!

Burtsplurt
08-04-2007, 04:11 PM
I just eat a healthy diet. There's no point in starving yourself or eating excessive amounts of cabbage and whatnot. I find I can eat as much as I want to so long as it's balanced and healthy. Oh, and cook your own food! It's really hard to make unhealthy food if you produce it from raw, basic ingredients. None of this frozen pizza rubbish.

rubah
08-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I like the cabbage soup diet. Cabbage soup is yummy and it takes more calories to digest than it contains. There's a lot of uric acid though.

psh, if you're going to get gout, you might as well get it by eating bacon.
. . .

Or drinking pee!!!

Zeldy
08-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I need to diet badly. Ive wanted to diet for awhile, but especially since gaining a bit of holiday fat I really need to. I just keep thinking "..I'll start tomorrow D:". Im not obese, but Im just not how I'd like to be. Im nearing 9 stone, and that scares me. It isnt much for most, but Im so small compared to most.

I eat pretty healthy though, and I have a super fast metabolism which drives me crazy. Im like constantly hungry D: so Im more likely to grab some chocolate or something. I eat loads of veg and fruit, but I just eat too much damn chocolate :{
I gave up on the whole "NO VEG KTHX" childhood mood years ago, there wasn't any point. My parents found other means of getting sprouts into us!

Zeromus_X
08-04-2007, 06:55 PM
I just eat a healthy diet. There's no point in starving yourself or eating excessive amounts of cabbage and whatnot. I find I can eat as much as I want to so long as it's balanced and healthy.

Rengori
08-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Eat less,move more.
The only diet that works for me.

Works for me too.

Miriel
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
I love food too much to restrict the things I eat.

I'm on a "drink lots of water and eat smaller portions" diet. I think it's an easier diet to follow than most. I'm also trying really really hard not to eat late at night, but dang, I do love me my midnight snacks.

Anaisa
08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
In 2000 I managed to lose 70 pounds, and haven't gained but more than 10 pounds (usually winter weight since). So you're eating the same food now, that you did before you lost the weight, an you've not gained all the weight back? Because that doesn't really make sense. Because if the food you were eating before made you that weight, eating the same food now, should continue to make you that weight.

Rengori
08-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Not if he has a good program to keep some of that weight off.

Anaisa
08-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Not if he has a good program to keep some of that weight off.I was talking about dieting alone.

louby_4eva
08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm kind of dieting now. Eating less calories (smaller portions), exercising more. I've gained a stone in weight in the last year :( Granted that only makes me 8 stone (49KG) but still, I like being 7 stone. That was a nice weight for me :D :D :D
I don't agree with crazy diets though. I read one thing in a magazine called the lemonade diet, lol.

Smile and Be happy :love:

EDIT: After doing a conversion thing I've found that 49kg is actually 7 and a half stone. Nifty :D :D :D

Rye
08-05-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm kind of dieting now. Eating less calories (smaller portions), exercising more. I've gained a stone in weight in the last year :( Granted that only makes me 8 stone (49KG) but still, I like being 7 stone. That was a nice weight for me :D :D :D
I don't agree with crazy diets though. I read one thing in a magazine called the lemonade diet, lol.

EDIT: After doing a conversion thing I've found that 49kg is actually 7 and a half stone. Nifty :D :D :D

Dude. I am border line eating disorder half the time, and even I know that 7 stones is WAY too skinny unless you're 4'5" or something. D:

mooglebunni608
08-05-2007, 05:58 AM
Diet isn't a problem with me (although my doctor was pissed at the diet of pop-tarts that I used to have, so I stopped) so much as excercise. I'm going to start swimming at the gym at college soon, so maybe then I can get back from 125 pounds, to 115. Or better yet, 110.

I have no willpower around food! I will never be able to diet!

Jojee
08-05-2007, 06:19 AM
lol I'm ~6.2 stone. Or around 40 kg. Or a little under 90 lbs (87 lb a week or two ago after I lost some weight, not sure what now).

Who makes up this crap anyway, weird measurement systems ;D

And nah, I don't diet. I do go through periods of pretty much fasting, not because I'm trying to lose weight or anything but because if I'm not in a good mood or whatnot, I just don't feel the urge to eat. x_x Lately I've dropped a lot of weight because of that, but I'm starting to eat more again (I think xD) so I should pick some up soon. ^_^ ....Also, whenever I start to work the hell out D:< (I've been meaning to for AGES but am too lazy) I should gain some muscle weight as well.

As far as what I eat, it's pretty unhealthy (<333 junk food), trying to eat healthier. ...Not trying very hard, though xD

daggertrepe
08-05-2007, 02:49 PM
When you go on a diet, you have to go on one forever!

Doomie
08-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Lose weight? Fat burners. Try coupling that with going to the gym 7 days a week (minimum), and a moderately healthy diet and you will lose weight. People who say fat burners don't work are those who don't exercise or eat properly, and expect the pill to do all the work. Fuck diets and go out and do some exercise.

Zeldy
08-05-2007, 03:18 PM

Dude. I am border line eating disorder half the time, and even I know that 7 stones is WAY too skinny unless you're 4'5" or something. D:
Qft. 7 stone is way too thin. I think 8 stone is right for a girl, and its what I want to get to. Im about 8 3/4 stone atm D: Im too chubby.

snacks
08-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Lose weight? Fat burners. Try coupling that with going to the gym 7 days a week (minimum), and a moderately healthy diet and you will lose weight. People who say fat burners don't work are those who don't exercise or eat properly, and expect the pill to do all the work. smurf diets and go out and do some exercise.

No to fat burners!

Whatever he/she said

Actually, I used fat burners/diet pills. And still ate pretty regularly but since I'm mildly anorexic nervosa (not a formal diagnosis just get a hint now and again) i changed my eating habits so drastically now that I eat once a day and it's never anymore than 800 calories. I dont' eat the same, I was merely stating that you shouldn't use diet pills. I think, I can't remember.

Don't do it.

Iceglow
08-05-2007, 11:47 PM
I just try and eat healthily not diet though I've been known to diet before. I ain't overly fussed about them though I'm not like "OMG NOOO DIET 2000 calories only!!!!" I'm more like "ok diet time, salad for lunch, salad for dinner, bran flakes for breakfast, no snacks and cut down the alcohol and fizzy drinks."