PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: NO! That's NOT a ghost!!

MJN SEIFER
08-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I know there's probably a dozen threads I could put this in, but there may soon be more so I'm going to post it seperatly.

Many people think that when Aeris appears in the church for a second or so it's supposed to be a ghost.

That is incorrect. The "Ghost" appears before her death, infact the earliest you can see it is shortly after you first get her in your team.

So basically, I have not idea what "it" is, but it isn't a ghost.

Goldenboko
08-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Its a glitch that they were too lazy to get out. Its been confirmed a few times.

blackmage_nuke
08-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Either the glitch was that she isnt meant to be there or the glitch was that she wasnt meant to appear before her death and she is a ghost. How can you tell which glitch it is?

ReloadPsi
08-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Why would another character's model randomly appear for a few seconds on account of a glitch?

Goldenboko
08-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Why would another character's model randomly appear for a few seconds on account of a glitch?

It could be a lot of reasons, we really don't know because we weren't on the developing team, but it could be as simple as the staff planning to have a scene involving Aeris there and the idea got scraped but they forgot to remove the programming.

ReloadPsi
08-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I realise you say the ghost can appear with Aeris around, but then she has lines of dialogue which she speaks as part of the team after she gulps it down.

I guess I'm willing to believe it was another mistake. There's some interesting information on FF7 Citadel about what may have truly been intended for Aeris, such as... well, I'll wrap it in spoiler tags in case you wanna read it all yourself. Thanks to software used to decompile the game's files, evidence seems to suggest that Aeris' abrupt dismissal from the land of the living was not supposed to occur until the middle of disc 2 after the event in which Cloud gives the Black Materia to Sephiroth for the second time. Obviously, were this even the case, this idea was cancelled pretty early on.

Jimsour
08-04-2007, 09:34 PM
I've never saw it before leaving midgar.

I do know that Aeris was meant to live a bit longer, I remember reading about her having dialogue at the Icicle Inn (the town.. if thats the name), a few lines at most, and only if you manage to use a cheat card to put her in your party.

To save me searching the internet, does anyone know why they actually killed her off before her intended time? I have read of people talking about the death FMV being edited a bit, some scenes Sephiroth has black gloves on, others he doesnt, but I've never looked into it. I suppose I could find it on youtube.

edit: I just watched it, and he only has gloves in a quick scene where you see both Sephiroth and Aeris before the sword stabs through, and from then on he keeps the black gloves in any second that has to do with her death. Obviously, they probably planned to have him jump down with the sword but not kill anyone, since in the gameplay he always has it out anyway.

Zeromus_X
08-04-2007, 09:42 PM
This was confirmed quite some time ago. For whatever unintentional reason (most likely just a bug), Aerith's model appears for about a split-second in the church. You can even see it before her demise, so it isn't a ghost or anything.

MJN SEIFER
08-04-2007, 10:05 PM
I know it's probably been confirmed before, but people still say it!

If I was admin I'd "stick" this thread.

Psychotic
08-05-2007, 01:06 AM
As far as I know, Square have never confirmed anything about the appearance of Aeris in the church. I just did some extensive searching and nothing came up.

Until they do confirm it, you can't just say it's a glitch or a ghost for sure, 'cause it's just hearsay and theorising. My own theory is this: Its occurance on the first disc is indeed a glitch, but the second disc Aeris was intended and is, to all intents and purposes, a ghost.

Bolivar
08-05-2007, 01:37 AM
As far as I know, Square have never confirmed anything about the appearance of Aeris in the church. I just did some extensive searching and nothing came up.

Until they do confirm it, you can't just say it's a glitch or a ghost for sure, 'cause it's just hearsay and theorising. My own theory is this: Its occurance on the first disc is indeed a glitch, but the second disc Aeris was intended and is, to all intents and purposes, a ghost.

that's a good assumption, although i think bad programming would be a better substitute for "glitch" (but glitches kinda are bad programming i don't know...)

out of all the times i've played this game i've never went to check this out.

Captain Maxx Power
08-05-2007, 01:45 AM
I would believe the theory about it being a glitch if there wasn't highly suspicious NPCs hanging around that offer dialogue that somehow seems related. :monocle:

Sefie1999AD
08-05-2007, 01:53 AM
I realise you say the ghost can appear with Aeris around, but then she has lines of dialogue which she speaks as part of the team after she gulps it down.

I guess I'm willing to believe it was another mistake. There's some interesting information on FF7 Citadel about what may have truly been intended for Aeris, such as... well, I'll wrap it in spoiler tags in case you wanna read it all yourself. Thanks to software used to decompile the game's files, evidence seems to suggest that Aeris' abrupt dismissal from the land of the living was not supposed to occur until the middle of disc 2 after the event in which Cloud gives the Black Materia to Sephiroth for the second time. Obviously, were this even the case, this idea was cancelled pretty early on.

Actually, Aeris has dialogue even after Cloud gives the Black Materia to Sephiroth. If you cheat and put Aeris to your party after Disc 1, she has one line after the Huge Materia battle in Fort Condor. When the guy inside the fortress gives you the Huge Materia, the party members react in some way, and if Aeris is in your party, she reacts by saying "What's this?" It's even funnier when you revisit the Forgotten Capital with Aeris hacked to your party. The other party members, even Aeris if she's a party member, walk out of Cloud and look at the water reflection about Aeris dying.

Psychotic
08-05-2007, 04:11 AM
that's a good assumption, although i think bad programming would be a better substitute for "glitch" (but glitches kinda are bad programming i don't know...)Yeah, that's probably a better way to say it, actually. :p I like to imagine that the programmers set it so that Aeris appears the next time you enter the church, but didn't realise/forgot that you could enter the church again on Disc 1.

Jessweeee♪
08-05-2007, 05:00 AM
I had just assumed that is was a shadow of Cloud's memory, but they messed up and you can actually see it before she actually dies.

Carl the Llama
08-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Did you guys know that the whole game is on every disk and so if your saying its a gitch then it would be a glitch on every disk, I know for a fact that the whole game (and yes all the dialogue) is on every disk as one of my copies of FFVII had a scratch on disk 2 and I just swapped the disk with disk3 and the problem was fixed.

Zeromus_X
08-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Yeah, on all of the PS1 Final Fantasies, the entire game is on every disc, the only difference being the FMVs (the entire reason they split up the games into discs in the first place).

Sam The Man
08-06-2007, 11:26 PM
How is that possible? The game itself would have recognised if you put a third disc in place of a second disc.

Aerisfanatic
08-07-2007, 10:15 PM
I know there's probably a dozen threads I could put this in, but there may soon be more so I'm going to post it seperatly.

Many people think that when Aeris appears in the church for a second or so it's supposed to be a ghost.

That is incorrect. The "Ghost" appears before her death, infact the earliest you can see it is shortly after you first get her in your team.

So basically, I have not idea what "it" is, but it isn't a ghost. actually ive been to her church after she was kidnapped and i did not see a ghost

besides that time might have been a ghost but why does she appear in different positions after death?

and for you information i made a thread like that a long time ago

Dynast-Kid
08-07-2007, 10:51 PM
LOLZ CLICK HERE (http://www.ff7citadel.com/secrets/index.shtml)!!!1!!!111!!1!!!@@@!!!1!!1

I dun know why, but I just got tremembdously creeped out after reading those articles. :333

Lawr
08-08-2007, 12:32 AM
How is that possible? The game itself would have recognised if you put a third disc in place of a second disc.

Play some more PSX

LunarWeaver
08-08-2007, 02:37 AM
In the good ol' days, this thread would be full of Revive Aeris techniques by now. But those times have passed. Now I'm just an old bugger clinging to his lost dreams.

Jessweeee♪
08-08-2007, 06:01 AM
LOLZ CLICK HERE (http://www.ff7citadel.com/secrets/index.shtml)!!!1!!!111!!1!!!@@@!!!1!!1

I dun know why, but I just got tremembdously creeped out after reading those articles. :333

Oh my gosh, I'm not even done yet and I am soooooo creeped out. I don't know why either, but I'm totally creeped out right now o_o

AAAAH I'M SCARED ; ;

LunarWeaver
08-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Great Jubbah, that website has everything on everything.

The immense time and energy people have spent analyzing all of this game is what frightens me.

Jessweeee♪
08-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Great Jubbah, that website has everything on everything.

The immense time and energy people have spent analyzing all of this game is what frightens me.

That debug room looks kinda cool! I wanna check out the little creepy test man in the Corel Prison.

MJN SEIFER
08-09-2007, 02:34 PM
What do you need for it? An X-Plode, Gameshark, or something else.

I'd love to visit an FFVII debug room. I have an FFVIII one on my X-Plode and I love it there.

Dr. Acula
08-10-2007, 05:41 AM
Did you guys know that the whole game is on every disk and so if your saying its a gitch then it would be a glitch on every disk, I know for a fact that the whole game (and yes all the dialogue) is on every disk as one of my copies of FFVII had a scratch on disk 2 and I just swapped the disk with disk3 and the problem was fixed.

Does that mean I can start a new game of FF7 despite not having Disk 1????:tongue:

Jessweeee♪
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM

Does that mean I can start a new game of FF7 despite not having Disk 1????:tongue:

I never knew that o_o

How do you get that to work? It always insists that I swap discs whenever I have the wrong one in...does it matter if it's the Greatest Hits title or US version?

Goldenboko
08-12-2007, 09:56 PM

I never knew that o_o

How do you get that to work? It always insists that I swap discs whenever I have the wrong one in...does it matter if it's the Greatest Hits title or US version?

I think you start up and load you're file with the proper disc and then switch the disc while playing.

Jessweeee♪
08-12-2007, 09:59 PM

I never knew that o_o

I think you start up and load you're file with the proper disc and then switch the disc while playing.

Hmmm...so I guess if a disc went missing I'm still out of luck :exdee:

I'll have to be extra careful o.o

Carl the Llama
08-17-2007, 05:10 PM

I never knew that o_o

have the right of it you do

Dr. Acula
08-18-2007, 10:05 AM

I never knew that o_o

Hmmm...so I guess if a disc went missing I'm still out of luck :exdee:

I'll have to be extra careful o.o

Me too.

Slothy
08-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah, that's probably a better way to say it, actually. :p I like to imagine that the programmers set it so that Aeris appears the next time you enter the church, but didn't realise/forgot that you could enter the church again on Disc 1.

I always assumed this myself actually, but I started thinking right now; what if it's her connection to the planet and in particular that church that let's you see her when she's been kidnapped? Almost like she's trying to communicate with you? I realize that's probably the least likely explanation, but one I've never seen put forward so I figured I'd throw it out there.

Carl the Llama
08-19-2007, 12:20 AM
has anyone thought to consider that this is her future manifestation within the lifestream, as in FFVII:AC the life stream apperes in the church healing cloud and that also when Cloud and co are fighting Bahamut Sin she helps him again... funny how she can appere at these time and no one is screaming out OMG SHE WAZ SUPOZED 2 B REZED....

Dr. Acula
08-20-2007, 06:05 AM
They probably meant it to be a ghost, but it glitched up and turned up on Disc one as well.:D