PDA

View Full Version : Hangover cures

Rocket Edge
08-04-2007, 04:27 PM
EoFF, I'm suffering from a savage hangover from a friends birthday last night. Damn you tequila! *cough*

What to you is the greatest of all hangover cures?

DK
08-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Water + Sleep. That's it. I don't care what anyone says, when I wake up with a hangover, I drink a pint or two of water and force myself to go back to sleep for a couple of hours and wake up fine every time. Nothing works for hangovers like sleep!

snacks
08-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Not drinking in the first place :D?

Usually alot of water before you sleep and or advil/tylenol/etc.

Hambone
08-04-2007, 04:52 PM
I've never drink before, but I always here people suggesting those two.

Sergeant Hartman
08-04-2007, 05:01 PM
More tequila!

daggertrepe
08-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Go to McDonalds and get a large high-C orange drink. My hairdresser said it always makes her feel 100% better.

KentaRawr!
08-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Hmm... my SISTER went to a friend's birthday party last night. :mad:

Anyway, just as the others have said. Water and Sleep. Not that I'd know, obviously, but that is the most common recommendation.

Jess
08-04-2007, 05:55 PM
1) A pint of water before bed on the night of drinking & a pint of water upon waking up, and more water as much as possible.
2) Eat a lot before drinking.
3) Eat before bed after drinking, like toast.
4) No caffiene as it dehydrates you more & do have vitamin C if possible.
5) Sleeeeep! :jess:

Resha
08-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Something a friend of mine taught me; I'm not sure how well it works (I think it worked for me) but -- after you drink, you get a fizzy drink and blow into for ageeees, until it's flat, and then you drink it???

It's really bizarre xD but it amuses me greatly, so try it anyways. Although I don't know if it'll work the day after.

Slothy
08-04-2007, 06:04 PM
1) A pint of water before bed on the night of drinking & a pint of water upon waking up, and more water as much as possible.
2) Eat a lot before drinking.
3) Eat before bed after drinking, like toast.
4) No caffiene as it dehydrates you more & do have vitamin C if possible.
5) Sleeeeep! :jess:

Add some advil or something similar to this right before going to sleep and you'll be golden.

snacks
08-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Go to McDonalds and get a large high-C orange drink. My hairdresser said it always makes her feel 100% better.

That actually worked for me in the past, however I end up feeling drunk again afterwords :D

Rocket Edge
08-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Something a friend of mine taught me; I'm not sure how well it works (I think it worked for me) but -- after you drink, you get a fizzy drink and blow into for ageeees, until it's flat, and then you drink it???

It's really bizarre xD but it amuses me greatly, so try it anyways. Although I don't know if it'll work the day after.
Heh, that is by out and far the strangest solution i've ever heard.

As for myself I like a cold shower and some fast food. Booya. Oh and I was just wondering what all of you did to help your sluggish heads the next day, I have my own methods. :monster:

That actually worked for me in the past, however I end up feeling drunk again afterwords :D
Lightweight!

Old Manus
08-04-2007, 06:07 PM
My super-secret failsafe patented hangover cure (tm)

1. Turn on your PS2, minus disc
2. Leave it on the main menu
3. Turn the sound up
4. Lay back and chillax
5. ????
6. Profit!

Trust me it works

Moon Rabbits
08-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm massively hung over also, :(

Not drinking in the first place :D?

Usually alot of water before you sleep and or advil/tylenol/etc.

I've always been told that tylenol is extremely bad to mix with alcohol - liver damage and all that jazz.

Water + Sleep. That's it. I don't care what anyone says, when I wake up with a hangover, I drink a pint or two of water and force myself to go back to sleep for a couple of hours and wake up fine every time. Nothing works for hangovers like sleep!

Yeye, I always wake up at like 4am and drink copious amounts of water.

But the number one cure is orange juice - works wonders with fried egg sandwhiches.

Tequila is disgusting, by the way. :)

rubah
08-04-2007, 06:20 PM
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Mirage
08-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Don't drink stupidly large amounts of alcohol. Also, sleep for 12 hours afterwards.

Levian
08-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Drink water from the far side of a glass (so you're drinking upside-down). Or just stand on your head and drink a glass of water. Either this cures hangovers or hiccups, I forget.

Mirage
08-04-2007, 07:01 PM
It cures neither.

Levian
08-04-2007, 07:06 PM
I bet it cures thirst, though.

Craig
08-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I find that these nice tikka chicken wraps I get from Tesco work wonders.

Renmiri
08-04-2007, 07:21 PM
In Brazil people used to drink coconut water (the juice you find when you open a fresh coconut, not those coconut milk bottles in the supermarket). It is reputed to work wonders!

Now finding a fresh coconut might be more of a headache than the hangover ;)

Zeldy
08-04-2007, 07:26 PM
I've never actually had a hang over. I find just lots of sleep make me feel alot more sober though.

Miriel
08-04-2007, 08:05 PM
The best way to cure a hangover is to prevent a hangover. Next time you drink, make sure you also drink lots of water. LOTS. And also if you're feeling the urge, make sure you throw up before passing out. It helps.

I also heard that it helps hangovers to eat spicy food. I don't know how accurate that is, but hey, any excuse to eat some yummy spicy food is fine by me.

Fonzie
08-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Brother always said drink a bottle of OJ, eat something that'll keep you full for a couple hours, and sleep your ass off.

CloudDragon
08-04-2007, 09:16 PM
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

What she means to say is start the morning off with a nice cold beer. That will take it away, and I'm not kidding.

louby_4eva
08-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Grease is supposed to setlle your stomach. I tend to eat some McDonalds. I feel fine afterwards.:D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Madame Adequate
08-04-2007, 10:33 PM
If you're able to post, your hangover isn't that bad.

Radje
08-04-2007, 11:42 PM
That playstation 2 no-disc sound is a fantastic idea. That has to be the most calming wind ever.

Old Manus
08-04-2007, 11:54 PM
I have loads of fantastic ideas. Everybody just thinks 'It's old manus lol who cares' and then sends me flame PMs :(

brb, suicide

Fonzie
08-05-2007, 12:04 AM
I have loads of fantastic ideas. Everybody just thinks 'It's old manus lol who cares' and then sends me flame PMs :(

brb, suicide

Can I help?

Jowy
08-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Gaaaaaaaaaaatorade~!

Captain Maxx Power
08-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Lots of water. Many of the symptoms of excessive alcohol consumption are caused by dehydration, as the body requires fluids to flush out the poison you insist on feeding it. Apart from that it's a case of taking an anti-inflammatory drugs such as Aspirin or Paracetamol.

Rocket Edge
08-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I also heard that it helps hangovers to eat spicy food. I don't know how accurate that is, but hey, any excuse to eat some yummy spicy food is fine by me.
Yeah very true. My sister makes Fajitas (or however you spell them) every odd sunday and they go down a treat.

If you're able to post, your hangover isn't that bad.
I was hungover, not unconscious.

But the number one cure is orange juice - works wonders with fried egg sandwhiches.

Tequila is disgusting, by the way. :)
You said it. At the same time its warrented on a hard night out though!

My super-secret failsafe patented hangover cure (tm)

1. Turn on your PS2, minus disc
2. Leave it on the main menu
3. Turn the sound up
4. Lay back and chillax
5. ????
6. Profit!

Trust me it works
That actually sounds incredable.

Gaaaaaaaaaaatorade~!
Gatorade <3

Doomie
08-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Dude, alcohol cures hangovers. Have a drink, and your headache will go away.

Breine
08-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Drink lots of water and eat salty food (chips and french fries!).

Btw, Tequila <3

Slade
08-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Fish 'n' Chips, dude. It's the only way. They are soooo good when you have a hangover. So are any fatty foods. I think the fat absorbs part of the alcohol or something. Not too sure, all I know is that they are great. The other thing would be drinking water. But that's second in line :tongue:

Denmark
08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
i've never been truly hung over, but i've felt not so good some days after drinking and i find that carbohydrates and water help. also, rum > tequila. except for the fact that tequila has that song.

also, preparation before drinking helps prevent hangovers afterwards. that and drinking the clear liquors (vodka and/or gin). and no caffeine. which sucks because i love rum&cokes.

Think Before You Drink!
http://bestweekever.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/more_you_know1.jpg

o_O
08-07-2007, 02:19 PM
There is nothing in the world that cures hangovers like green Powerade. :p

I can't eat anything for at least 12 hours with a hangover, which rules out greasy food, so I stick to drinks with lots of antioxidants.

Chimp
08-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Marshmallow Peeps is the answer to anything relating to the after effects of drugs.

/thread

xXsarahXx
08-07-2007, 03:12 PM
as much water as your body is capable of holding before you go bed, some more in the morning washed down with a nice sweet cup of tea, then up to the local greasy spoon to get a massive fry up.
Does the job everytime!!

Hambone
08-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Marshmallow Peeps is the answer to anything relating to the after effects of drugs.

:barf:

Araciel
08-07-2007, 08:56 PM
the greasiest food you can find.

Chemical
08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
heavy, greasy foods
water
whatever you were drinking last night
sleep

Namelessfengir
08-08-2007, 04:55 PM
make a fist, holding it as far from your face as possible, then while holding fist in place, quickly and forcefully run towords your fist.

repeat til no longer hungover.:tongue:

Yamaneko
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Keep the booze flowing.

black orb
08-08-2007, 09:26 PM
>>> Quit drinking alcohol..

Rocket Edge
08-09-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm afraid that would be absolutely impossible blacky.

Shlup
08-09-2007, 03:20 AM
I always just sleep it off.

radyk05
08-09-2007, 05:19 AM
How not to get a hangover:

- Before reaching your home eat some junk, greasy food as it will inhibe the enzimes that your body produce in order to make you feel sick (so you can throw up).

- Once at home (or when getting your greasy food), drink water. Then, drink some more water.

- Eat burned bread. It will stop your body to keep absorbing the alcohol as the carbon makes bonds with ethanol (alcohol) molecules. Then, drink some more water or, if you got the chance, a sports drink.

- Sleep.

- Wake up. Drink water again.

Do NOT drink milk as it will make you feel very sick.

Slade
08-09-2007, 10:14 AM
That's like telling me to stop breathing :jess: