PDA

View Full Version : Limit breaks

Lil_Mich_89
08-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Hiya people im having a bit of trouble, i decided to start over the game an try to get all the secrets and everything but having a problem with leveling up my limit breaks. know it might sound stupid but ive been on website with strategy guides an all they say is u have to kill 80 people with each character but i dont understand how u do it? do u do it in normal battles with all three party members or do u have to go to some specific place? sorry if i sound dumb but im a bit desperate. Thanks 4 ur help :)

ReloadPsi
08-04-2007, 06:15 PM
The actual numbers differ from one character to another, but it's not really important to know them. What's important is to know what to even do!

Each Level has up to two Limit Breaks on it. Each level starts off with only one technique. So, you must keep using that technique until a second one is learned. Your limit level now has two techniques, so that character must keep killing enemies until a new Limit Level is gained. Basically...

Cloud: Has Braver.
Uses Braver several times: Learns Cross Slash.
Kills several enemies: Learns Blade Beam, Limit Level increases, must now be set on 2.
Uses Blade Beam several times: Learns Climhazzard.
Kills several enemies: Learns Meteorain, Limit Level increases, must now be set on 3.
Uses Meteorain several times: Learns Finishing Touch.
Now that all Level 3 Limit Breaks have been learned, an item must be used to teach his final one.

There are some things to keep in mind with this...

Cloud: His Limit Breaks take one hell of a lot longer to level up than everyone else's; his usage and kill requirements are higher. This is probably just a coincidence but whenever Cloud's limit level increases for me, it's right after he has finished an enemy with a Limit Break. They always seem to do double the usual damage on that final shot.

Tifa: On her slot machines, you have to successfully execute Waterkick on Limit Level 2 in order for it to count as being used (no Miss allowed basically). The same goes for Dolphin Blow on Level 3. It doesn't matter if you score "Hit" or "Yeah!" on the slots, and neither one makes a difference for how many times the moves must be executed. If you're specifically out to improve her Limit Breaks, I advise just waiting for the long string of "Hit" and getting those to be on the safe side, especially with Dolphin Blow which is very high risk for getting a "Yeah!"

Cait Sith: Has only two levels, and only one Limit Break per level. He gains his second level by simply killing several enemies.

Vincent: Has four levels, but only one Limit Break per level. Like Cait Sith, he just needs to keep scoring kills.

"Killing several enemies": Irrespective of who does the most damage, whoever deals the finishing blow is considered to have killed the opponent.

Level 4 Limit Breaks: Each of these requires an item found through the course of the game, alls you gotta do is have them learn all their level 3 techniques and use the item in the menu. There is no such item for Cait Sith, and Vincent only needs to know the Hellmasker on level 3 (since he's one per level).

Lil_Mich_89
08-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks alot mate realli appreciate it an uve helped me alot xx

Captain Maxx Power
08-05-2007, 11:06 AM
For really quick kills, I suggest using the Slash-All materia in the forest just east of Junon. There you will find enemies in groups of five which will often go down with one Slash-All. This is also a really good way of powering up Vincent's Death Penalty.

cloud21zidane16
08-05-2007, 02:23 PM
if youre at the start of the game you can just use bolt-all or fire-all, anything that kills the enemy in one hit.
If youve left midgar you should learn matra magic on enemy skill and walk around the mythril mines because you encounter lots of enemys in huge groups there.

BG-57
08-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Late in the game the use of HP <-> MP Materia along with a mastered Cover materia will allow a characters to fill his or her limit break gauge super-fast.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-06-2007, 10:20 PM
entrer mythril mine from the junon side and enter the first screen at the top (it's arranged in 2 floors, with a ramp on the right) here enemies will ALWAYS appear in 4's or 5's and the dragon has a flame thrower move which will fill the limit bar fast (it is also an enemy skill)

To learn the 2nd limit of one of tifa's level it must be set to that lvl.
e.g. if u wanted limit 2-2you would have to set your limit level to 2, even if you had the 3-1 limit.