PDA

View Full Version : I likes me some meat + 2 veg.

Zeldy
08-04-2007, 06:36 PM
VEGETABLES. They're every child's sworn enemy. Often referred to as "green mush", or "mummys stuff", there's no escaping it.

Im often shocked when I eat at friends houses to find them referring to my beloved brocolli as "green mush". I was also shocked that they were not blackmailed with no TV or no desserts if they didnt eat it. I grew up under the rule "Unfinished tea - NO DESSERT". (or "Afters" as it was in my home) Not liking something wasn't an issue, you ate it anyway. I realised there was no point avoiding vegetables as my parents just used to mush them and put them into Mash and Carrots and Turnips, so there really was no point.

Do you like vegetables? whats your favourite?
I adore Cauliflower cheese :} The only vegetable I try and avoid is Spinach D:

Rengori
08-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Vegetables are alright, but usually only with ranch. Lettuce, carrots, cabbage (is that the same as lettuce?), and celery are really the only vegetables I'll ever touch.

Zeldy
08-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Vegetables are alright, but usually only with ranch. Lettuce, carrots, cabbage (is that the same as lettuce?), and celery are really the only vegetables I'll ever touch.

Lettuce isnt a vegetable, but cabbage is very alike to it. They don't taste at all the same, but they look sort of the same!

Odaisé Gaelach
08-04-2007, 06:49 PM
I like all vegetables - except turnip... :mad:

Lettuce isnt a vegetable

Then what the hell is it? :Oo:

Zeldy
08-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Its a salad!

wait, is it a vegetable? xD

Levian
08-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I understand why kids would be suspicious of green food. Lots of nasty tasting green stuff out there in the world, like mold, leaves and miniature golf courses. Vegetables should be pizza coloured imho.

Rengori
08-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Its a salad!

What else would it be?

Miriel
08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Its a salad!

Uh. Salads are made up of vegetables. O_o

Anyway. I like some vegetables, hate others. I love potatoes, onions, red peppers, cucumbers, green beans, and corn. I dislike any vegetable that is steamed or boiled. It makes them taste like crap, and that's usually how people serve green veggies like broccoli and spinach. I know people like eating broccoli with cheese on it, but it's like, DUH. Anything covered in cheese is going to taste good.

Fonzie
08-04-2007, 07:55 PM
I like peas, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, any kind of bean, lettuce, tomato's with salt and pepper.

And, you're right, spinach is disgusting.

Sergeant Hartman
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Big it up to tha sprouts!

DK
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Your title disappoints me Amy, you filthy animal. :(

I don't really LOVE any vegetables, but I eat them when they're put in front of me. I don't like Sprouts, though, they taste like ass. Other than that I'm not fussed, really, preparation methods don't matter either. The only thing that ruins vegetables is overcooking them.

Rocket Edge
08-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I love all vegtables equally. I love 'em all.

Kirobaito
08-04-2007, 08:02 PM
I like salads, spinach leaves (not steamed or boiled spinach, though), carrots, green beans, black-eyed peas, broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, and bell and red peppers (but not other kinds). There are probably other kinds that I'm forgetting. I don't consider the potato a vegetable because it lacks color.

Resha
08-04-2007, 08:02 PM
(I'm sorry rubah)

Potatoes.

Iceglow
08-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I eat plenty of veg and I prefer it steamed but I like my spinach raw.

KentaRawr!
08-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Carrots are quite easily the best vegetable EVER.

I Took the Red Pill
08-04-2007, 09:46 PM
The only vegetable I've ever had that I didn't like was squash. Other than that, they're wonderful.

Burtsplurt
08-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Vegetables are awesome. Broccoli is pretty much my favourite, but sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, and cauliflower are tasty-tasty.

The only vegetable I don't eat is sprouts. They're nice, but I get nasty stomach cramps.

Deborah
08-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I <3 Veggies! Yummy. Broccoli was my favorite food growing up...which got me weird looks in school, because I preferred something over pizza. I really like making veggies in a stir-fry and eating them with rice yums.

Markus. D
08-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Capsicum is a must in salad.

daggertrepe
08-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Its a salad!

Uh. Salads are made up of vegetables. O_o

Anyway. I like some vegetables, hate others. I love potatoes, onions, red peppers, cucumbers, green beans, and corn. I dislike any vegetable that is steamed or boiled. It makes them taste like crap, and that's usually how people serve green veggies like broccoli and spinach. I know people like eating broccoli with cheese on it, but it's like, DUH. Anything covered in cheese is going to taste good.

*agrees*

Captain Maxx Power
08-05-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm dissapointed that this thread had +2 in the title and wasn't about D&D.

Vegetables are horrid, except carrots, sweetcorn and potatoes

Araciel
08-05-2007, 02:28 AM
The only vegetable I've ever had that I didn't like was squash. Other than that, they're wonderful.

hell fuck yeah

Anon
08-05-2007, 02:39 AM
is a tomato a vegetable?

Tempest
08-05-2007, 02:43 AM
I love all vegetables except red cabbage, sauerkraut, and brussels sprouts. Corn and cabbage are my favorites though. :)

Jojee
08-05-2007, 06:23 AM
I like eggplant a lot lately xD But as there's no veggies readily around at college that wouldn't require me to like... cook them, I don't eat many veggies :p

Leeza
08-05-2007, 06:45 AM
I'm a vegetarian so I sure do hope that I like vegetables. :)

Fresh peas are my favourite.

mooglebunni608
08-05-2007, 07:01 AM
I love raw green beans with a burning passion.

<3

Meat Puppet
08-05-2007, 08:43 AM
is a tomato a vegetable?
It is not incorrect to refer to things like tomatoes, pumpkins, and capsicums as vegetables.

Deborah
08-05-2007, 09:42 AM
is a tomato a vegetable?
It is not incorrect to refer to things like tomatoes, pumpkins, and capsicums as vegetables.

Tomatoes are considered to be fruits though...because they have seeds in them.

Heath
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Potatoes, onions, carrots, sweetcorn, green beans, kidney beans, broccoli and beetroot are personal favourites of mine. Not so keen on vegetables done in cheese, such as cauliflower cheese (it just seems rather disgusting to me). However as part of a roast dinner or a sauce or something, they're really very enjoyable.

Hambone
08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
VEGETABLES SUCK.

My favorite though would be broccoli, not because of the taste (it tastes terrible), but because it looks like trees, and when you have corn, you can pretend the corn is people wandering the forest, full of "trees"! :mwahaha:

Jess
08-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Potatoes are a vegetable? :confused:

I like carrotts, peppers, spring onions, asparagus & lettuce. :jess:

Pouring Rain
08-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I love vegetables. They were mandatory to eat in my house. So I've grown up to love them. I'm also vegetarian, so it doesn't really leave me a choice to hate them, does it?