PDA

View Full Version : Rage - id Software's new IP

Shoeberto
08-05-2007, 12:05 AM
id Reveals Rage For PC, Mac, PS3 and 360 (Updated, Reorganized) - Shacknews (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48289)
Article includes video.

id's been big in the FPS market, but it's been a long time since we've seen anything from them not involving demons on Mars, nazis, or the battle on Stroggos.

This definitely is new territory from them, and at least the trailer looks fantastic. It kept reminding me of all these different games, which come together to give it sort of a unique take on things.

It doesn't look anything like a game that id has done before, which is great - people seemed to be getting tired of their usual franchises. I'm really excited about this.

Croyles
08-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Should be good, yeah.

Markus. D
08-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Certainly looks pretty... :]

Slothy
08-05-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm most interested in the engine their using for it right now, but the trailer still looked cool. I'm not a big fan of any racers other than Gran Turismo though so I'll wait to hear about how it plays before going crazy over it or anything.

Shoeberto
08-05-2007, 02:57 AM
I'm most interested in the engine their using for it right now, but the trailer still looked cool. I'm not a big fan of any racers other than Gran Turismo though so I'll wait to hear about how it plays before going crazy over it or anything.
From what I've seen, it's no more a racing game than Grand Theft Auto is. That is, there's a certain emphasis on driving vehicles, but it's not the main emphasis of the game.

Rostum
08-05-2007, 03:10 AM
I remember seeing this not too long ago. I was quite impressed by the engine.

As for it not being much of their usual stuff, I say very well. I think we're all over what they usually produce (at least I am).

Captain Maxx Power
08-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I didn't realise they were producing a game based on Mad Max!

...wait, Rage?