PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here heard of Darkseed?

KentaRawr!
08-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Well, I was just browsing the internet, and I found something that has a bunch of summaries of games long-past, supposedly relieving people of the job of playing Video Games.

Well, one of the games there was Dark Seed, in which you are Fore-Head raped by an alien. The game starts out with that. The game has about a gazillion Game Enders, along the lines of the Cannon Room in Twilight Princess. You play as a man who recently got this house, and the previous owner is mysterious. It turns out the Ancients, are, well, doing something in this other world. And they have warting babies.

So, can anyone here honestly say they've played this game? What did you think of it? Did you beat it? What did you think of the warting babies? Played the sequel? Etc.

blackmage_nuke
08-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Ive played the game but admitedly i used a walkthrough, the story is good and abit scary, but some parts of the game are time triggered, meaning that if you miss something at 6:30 and aernt in a specific place at that specific time, you cant finish the game and have to load or start again.
Also the game i had was rather buggy when it got coded or whatever for from dos and none of the cutscenes work, infact the game crashed everytime a cutscene came up and i had to start it up again to continue

But the graphics were surprisingly good for a game of that time and the game play resembles that of monkey island

I havent played the sequel

Dreddz
08-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Best Macintosh game in my opinion. H.R.Giger's artwork is awesome, its a shame less games used it. As for the babies, well its been a very long time since I played the game, but I remember a demonised baby sent to you in a box, creepy.

As for the sequel, I heard it isnt that great, I attempted to get a copy of it but couldnt find any, this was around 6 years ago mind and everything is on ebay now these days. Dunno if I want to get it though, I hardly remember Darkseed much anyway, the sequel will just screw around with me, its not good not knowing what the hell is going on.

KentaRawr!
08-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Judging by the Game Summary, it sort of suffers from a very slow beginning. You have to talk to everybody in the town in order to get to where the game really begins, and your character takes a really long time to get the easiest riddle in the world. And it still has its share of game-enders.