PDA

View Full Version : Tales from my job!

Deborah
08-05-2007, 09:35 AM
So for the past four years I’ve worked in retail at target. And although I hate it and wish I could leave there are still those great customers that make it all worth it.
<o></o>
--One lady came into my store and I saw her sitting at the gift registry "look up", looking very confused. I walked up to her and asked if she needed any help. She was stuck on the page that said state. I asked her what state the person she was looking for was in and her response was, “I don’t know she’s pregnant.” Ah yes…I had to explain to her not the persons physical state but the state that they lived in. I had to quickly walk away and laugh.
<o></o>
--One night while working in the health care area, I was approached by a customer. Who was looking at me and trying to think of the word to describe what she was looking for, and also make hand movements over her lower half, and finally blurted out, “Excuse me, where are your coochie sprays.” I just pointed to the aisle. Ahh..so great.
<o></o>
I have many stories but those are the best two I can think of for now.
<o></o>
Also the cutest things are when little kids have the biggest eyes in desire to scan an item at the checkout, which I always let them. Aw kids are the best!

Anyone else have funny/cute retail stories?:p

Rye
08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh god, I've only worked in retail for about a month and a half, and I already have too many stories. D:

I think my best one at the moment though was a frantic lady asking me if the shoes clearly labeled "size 6" were "size 6 or size 9?!" I kind of died and cried big fat eagle filled patriotic tears for my nation while I replied "........... size 6." That happened last night too. The couple I rung up while that woman asked me that horrible question were hilarious though, the husband pointed at his wife's size 8 shoes and asked "Are these size 8 or size 8 upside down?!!"

I'll find some others from my LJ later.

loben
08-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I've recently started working for the library. As a government organisation, there is a big fat book of state, county and library rules you have to read over. Its at least 20 years old, and half of it is "updates" made in 1993 that say this this this and this on the previous page really should say this.
Its mainly filled with "you can quit, we can fire you, blah blah blah" until you get to the employee attitudes section.
"A Smile a day keeps the gloomies away!" = direct quote.
the other thing is they will be monitering my day to day performance looking for "reaction to other employees, reaction to patrons, clock watching, FACIAL EXPRESSIONS, ect."
Yes, thats right, I can get fired for making facial expressions. :D

Iceglow
08-05-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm sure I've got better but theres the man who tried to steal a DAMAGED mobile phone...he tried telling 2 managers, 4 assistants and the security guard he was taking it outside to show his friend then bringing it back in to pay for it......it was rather hilarious if you ask me.

you get some customers who you have to id for alcohol sales and they turn out to be over 18 well......I ID one person and find out that she's 36 from her drivers liscence, I laugh at this point and say "oh well take it as a compliment" to which the woman laughed and carried on in a bit of a flirtier attitude. Her husband comes in complains that I had given his wife a better compliment than he had all year.....no lie that was how he reported it to the CSD and active duty manager both of whom were wetting themselves.

Stocking the valentines day gifts up for the last time at like 9am on valentines day a harried man comes rushing up to me and says "excuse me! excuse me sir! where are your valentines day cards" I laughed at him and simply said "you must be blind sir, look to your immediate right" yes you guessed it 2 inches from him were our valentines day cards he had managed to walk in to the store, up to the aisle, looked at the cards and then ASK where they were.

Getting embarrassed guys come in looking for condoms is great too I just have to say "OH YOU'RE LOOKING FOR JOHNNIES? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO?" they wish they had died at this point, personally I go in to the store and buy my condoms and if a staff member makes a comment I merely look at them and say "hey atleast I've got a reason to buy them"

fallen_angel9000
08-06-2007, 06:46 AM
So for the past four years I’ve worked in retail at target. And although I hate it and wish I could leave there are still those great customers that make it all worth it.
<o></o>
--One lady came into my store and I saw her sitting at the gift registry "look up", looking very confused. I walked up to her and asked if she needed any help. She was stuck on the page that said state. I asked her what state the person she was looking for was in and her response was, “I don’t know she’s pregnant.” Ah yes…I had to explain to her not the persons physical state but the state that they lived in. I had to quickly walk away and laugh.
<o></o>
--One night while working in the health care area, I was approached by a customer. Who was looking at me and trying to think of the word to describe what she was looking for, and also make hand movements over her lower half, and finally blurted out, “Excuse me, where are your coochie sprays.” I just pointed to the aisle. Ahh..so great.
<o></o>
I have many stories but those are the best two I can think of for now.
<o></o>
Also the cutest things are when little kids have the biggest eyes in desire to scan an item at the checkout, which I always let them. Aw kids are the best!

Anyone else have funny/cute retail stories?:p

omg thats so funny lol