PDA

View Full Version : If you could make your own FF game.

jammi567
08-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Imagine if you had total control over everything (design gameplay, stories etc), what kind of game would you create?

For me, i would have a world which is split into several continents, and each one would have an individual mini-game for each of my main characters (because each one came from a different continemt) and doing these games would allow them to get their most powerful wepons. Of course, this could only be done one the party had gained an airship.

I would have a maximum of three characters in the party at any one time, and there would be five playable characters overall. The way that they would level up would be experiance gain, which would power up the wepon and armour that they have on, and they would gain EP. At every level up, the player can distibute points to wherever they want. For example, they can dump them all on strength, or share them out on multiple stats.

The story would be that an evil dictator (called Cid ;)) is ruling the central continemt, and wants to expand onto the other continemts. So he builds himself a monster that he can effortly use to destroy places and terrify people elsewhere. The five heros of the story are half-brothers and -sisters, and they are the dictators sons and daughters (They also grew up seperatly, and they met each other on a different continent, although the player doesn't find that out till later). Their dad is so caught up in what he's doing that he hasn't realized that his children have rebelled against him.

They travel the world, looking for people to help overthrow their dad, but everyone is too terrified of what might happen to them. Eventually, they fill strong enough (both mentally and physically) to overthow their dad themselves, so they do so. They manage to destroy the evil machine, as well as their dad. At the end of the game, they establish individual rule over each continent, but working towards a common goodness.

What do you think? Not bad, huh?

Galvatron
08-06-2007, 12:47 AM
I'd make it a flying shooter like Starfox 64. Same graphics and everything, just change the models to be human and put in a few more levels, it would be on PS3. I'd just call it Final Fantasy so people would buy it.

Renmiri
08-06-2007, 03:56 AM
I'd just call it Final Fantasy so people would buy it.
SE already used this trick on XII ;)

Wolf Kanno
08-06-2007, 09:14 AM
SE already used this trick on X ;)

Fixed it for you luv;)

Disco Potato
08-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I have so many ideas if I could make a game...just off the top of my head:
- for my "hero" (more like Vaan in that he'd be a young viewpointy character), I'd have a guy who practices martial arts
- some heavy anti-mage sentiment in the world (magic would play a huge part in the story)
- no random encounters, and a gambit-like system (yay FFXII)
- Tonberries :D. Or maybe just a giant Tonberry boss at some point.
- lots of moogles. Maybe a moogle "town" like in FFVI
- some underwater areas, with sharks and squids :jess:
- different languages and races (even in the main party...)
- a variety of geographical features (mountains, deserts, jungles, caves, etc.)

SE already used this trick on X ;)

Fixed it for you luv;)

Not again! :rolleyes2 :p

Northcrest
08-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Ah man I erased the paragraphs I just typed:mad2:

Oh well I think what you put was great for your game.

Vivisteiner
08-07-2007, 11:43 PM
SE already used this trick on X-2 ;)

I broke it. :(
I fixed it again!
:D

(Ill read this thread and post my views later)

(...maybe)

Markus. D
08-07-2007, 11:57 PM

And STILL I like the name "Vagrant Story II" more :[.

black orb
08-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Imagine if you had total control over everything (design gameplay, stories etc), what kind of game would you create?
>>> The best game ever of course.

BG-57
08-08-2007, 09:40 PM
It's people like us that they made RPG Maker for. :p

Follow the link under my signature to answer your question.

Hazzard
08-09-2007, 12:29 AM

I thought you loved XII, what's with the hating...:(

Northcrest
08-09-2007, 04:17 AM
Okay I feel like re-typing it again. I've been working on this game for a while on my computer so here it goes.Make any remarks that you would like to make I need some new ideas. Mine goes like It starts out as a little story that begins in the year 4311. There are three brothers Joseph, Jake, and Trison (These are just prototype names). They r homeless children and work on the street as street punks. What happens is that they perform a robbery and Cops take all three of them off to jail. The problem begins as this they all get sent to a orphanage but Trison gets sent to one different from Joseph and Jake. So three years later Joseph after many attempts bust out of the orphanage going to look for there brother Trison. During there little scouting Jake learns how to do Black Magic from a guy he meets in a town while Joseph gains agility and Speed meant for being a Thief. During the journey they find friends they're Jonathan(Dragoon), Josephine(White Mage), Hpesoj(Sword Mage), Lauren(Summoner),Jeremy(Heroes Summoner[Something I made up]), Oscar(Summoner Again), Zekla(Ninja), Julie(Still haven't thought of anything for her yet), Julio(Blue Mage), Angelo XIII(Yes a mix of Red XIII and Angelo who is an Alchemist), and Josh(Sword Martial Artist). But when they find Trison it turns out that he got mad at Jake and Joseph for noth looking for him earlier and works for the forces of evil. This is where all of the good stuff is suppose to come in but I can't think of anything. I plan on having Magic, Summons, Airships,Chocobo's, Moogles, Ultimate Weapons, etc...Like what jammi567 stated I might use the giving certain stat points to what ever characters stats you want. But yeah it would be a bad idea to have a white mage boosted with attack strenght. I want the battle system to have 4 characters on the playing field such as ff1,ff2(I think),ff3,ff5,ff6, and ff9. I alson want the battle fighting style to be like X-2. Well thats all I got any questions, ideas, or concerns.