PDA

View Full Version : Villain Grand Tournament

Pages : [1] 2 3

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Here we go, time to start voting for the competitors. The first voting round will last 1 week, 10 character submissions per person and 32 villains total.

The rules:

1. I write all the fights based on my analysis of a given character and their strengths and weaknesses. I stand by my decision on who wins and who does not win, if you're just going to troll the thread, don't bother reading it. Nobody's forcing you to do so.

2. Only bet on the upcoming fight. Again, it's too much of a pain to track a bunch of bets for fights that I won't be writing for awhile.

3. Discussions of the fights and matchups are welcome and encouraged. I have no problem with people thinking I'm wrong, so long as it doesn't turn to trolling (covered in rule 1). People may change their bets based on discussion up to the point of the fight being posted (I will refresh right before the fight itself is finished and take all of the bets I see).

4. Those with money carry all their accounts over. Those without start with 10,000 and may jump in at any time.

And now for the protocol:

1. This is fantastical realism. I let people bend and break rules, but they're still bound by certain laws (if you get stabbed, you'll be hurting. Likewise if you get shot, you'll be hurting). All characters are going to be used at their peak potential, although they may not use all of it in fights if they don't need to. Generally, the more of their abilities they use, the later in the rankings it is.

2. Seeding will be random. I will either draw lots myself or have a friend do it.

3. We are on the second bracket of the tournament, which means 32 villains. The victor of the tournament will get to face Laharl, the victor of the Hero Tourney in the final round. Characters can be taken from any video game or anime series. Please specify the series the character is from in the post so that they are easier for me to find if I do not know who they are. I reserve the right to reject any characters who have ill-defined levels of power (this especially applies to anime villains where the full extent of their power has not been revealed within the series). And, just so I don't get any submissions, any Lord of the Rings character with access to the supernatural (in this case, Sauron, Saruman, etc.) is forever banned from the tournament. Gandalf was a pain in the ass to write and I'm NEVER doing that again.

4. Voting is open now. You may vote on 10 villains to be included in the tournament. Voting will close Monday morning, August 13, at 12:00 AM (so, Sunday night). There may be several rounds of voting until enough characters are available. You may not use more than one vote on a character, each vote must go to a separate character (but you do not need to use all votes).

5. Grahf barred from this because he has already won a tournament. All victors will be barred from future tournaments.

Adjusted Accounts:

Triumphant Hero: 1,410,000
Eiko Guy: 20,100
Rase: 1,120,000
Hazzard: 41,800
Zante: 271,900
Firo Volondé: 127,258
TyphoonThaReapa: 74,750
Mercen-X: 12,000
Rocket Edge: 22,000
Chaos Is the Key: 10,000
Ninja Ryu: 59,988
professor_scissors: 183,000
Studder: 19,000
ZauberSternerin: 24,000
Dynast-Kid: 10,000
RedXIII13: 10,000
LunarWeaver: 10,000
Cookie: 10,000
f f freak: 10,000

Well, there you are. Have at.

General Rules of Thumb for Character Nominations:

1. Protagonists = Heroes. Always. If a protagonist appears opposed to another protagonist in another game, go by quantity of games the character is a protagonist in (this involves any character that is with the party for a reasonable part of the game/by endgame and does not turn traitor) and the dates the games were released. For example, Donkey Kong has been the protagonist or at least on the hero's side (kidnapped or what have you) for several game iterations now. He's a good guy. He goes with the Hero tournament.

2. Event joins are variable. This is more determined by the good/evil spectrum. Beatrix is obviously a force of good, thus she counts for the Hero tournament. Edea and Seifer are villains, so although they do join your team for awhile they are not eligible as heroes, but instead as villains.

3. Under the current rules, only characters from Video Games and anime are allowed. This is for two reasons: the first is that this is a site devoted to a video game series. The second is that as Final Fantasy and many other video games are Japanese, the only other medium that tends to keep up with the upper-end villain power-levels is anime, which is fairly closely related. I am flexible in that I will allow characters from various books/American television shows, but I reserve the right to deny any that I choose. Basically, if it's a book series I know well that has a nice power gradient (say, Dragonlance or Forgotten Realms) it'll likely get allowed, I've read the series before. If I've never heard of the books before, they probably won't make it.

4. I can and will bar any characters that just won't make fights interesting for me to write, even if they are within the guidelines. For example, Michael Jackson made it into the Hero tournament on a few technicalities. That wasn't a fight I wanted to touch. Further examples would be characters from Death Note. Write in a notebook before they kill you and win. Not fun at all for me to write.

5. With regards to books, determining if the character is the villain or not comes back to the protagonist. Traitor-characters can be considered villains, as can somewhat ambiguous ones like Raistlin Majere, who's obviously a big bad in his own right but is a major protagonist in both of the original trilogies (he also fulfills the terms for "traitor").

6. This is a high-powered tourney. More mundane characters really don't have a place here.

Dynast-Kid
08-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Are new people allowed to join in?...

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Yep, new players come in with 10,000. *Edits into the rules*

Zante
08-06-2007, 11:37 AM
1/Sephiroth (FFVII)
2/Kefka (FFVI)
3/Dart Vader (Star Wars)
4/Agent Smith (Matrix)

Can't think of anyone else atm, might post more later or vote on whoever others come up with.

Rocket Edge
08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
#1 - Sephiroth
#2 - Mewtwo (If you deem him acceptable)
#3 - Omega Weapon (VIII's version)
#4 - Voldemort
#5 - Ultimecia

I'll think about more during the course of the day & reply.

Laddy
08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
1-Sephiroth (FFVII)
2-Kefka (FFVI)
3-Darth Traya (KOTORII)

The Triumphant Hero
08-06-2007, 02:24 PM
1. King of Shadows (NWN2)
2. Kefka (FFIII)
3. Alexander Anderson (Hellsing)
4. Errtu (The Crystal Shard)
5. Jarlaxle (The Silent Blade)
6. Adonis (Disgaea)
7. Sephiroth (FFVII)
8. Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda)
9. Albedo (Xenosaga)
10. Seymore (FFX)

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Oh, please put what series the character is from as well. For example, I don't know who Dark Traya is.

Dynast-Kid
08-06-2007, 07:00 PM
1. Azula (Avatar: The Last Airbender}
2. Kagura (Inuyasha)
3. The Fairy Godmother (Shrek 2)
4. Inque (Batman Beyond)

I chose all females so this tourney wouldn't suffer any estrogen defeciency!xD

LunarWeaver
08-06-2007, 07:02 PM
1) Albedo (Xenosaga)
2) Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts II)
3) Voldemort (Harry Potter)
4) Darth Sidious/ The Emperor (Star Wars)
5) Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid)
6) Magneto (X-Men)
7) Vergil (Devil May Cry 3)
8) Magus (Chrono Trigger -- he was a villain for a while, so I hope he counts)
9) Killer (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
10) Byakuya Kuchiki (Bleach -- another "for a while," also hope it counts)

Edit: Snap, Dynast made me realize all mine are male >_>.

Laddy
08-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Darth Traya is from KOTOR II, perphaps better known as Kreia. (I knew you guys never heard of her.)

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Magus was accepted into the Hero tourney, so I'm going to have to bar him from villain. I view villains as anybody who doesn't permanently join the party, although I am allowing Mewtwo since he was pretty bad in the movies. So it's situational in that aspect, but good rule of thumb.

Sure, I'll allow Byakuya.

Oh, I'm ruling Avada Kedavra to be like "Power Word: Kill" in Dungeons and Dragons. It won't work on people who are REALLY strong unless you knock down their "hp" (in this case, injure them), but if they're injured enough it will not fail.

Cookie
08-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I'm in. :p Need to think who I'll "nominate" though, so I'll post those later.

f f freak
08-06-2007, 07:12 PM
1. Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter)
2. Kefka (FFVI)
3. Darth Traya (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2)
4. Killer (Shadow Hearts From the New World)
5. Voldemort (Harry Potter)
6. Veronica (Shadow Hearts Covenant)

So yeah count me in.

chibitenchi86
08-07-2007, 05:37 AM
long-time lurker *cough*stalker*cough* of Void's fights. finally decided to take part. here's my list of nominations:

1. Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
2. Envy (Fullmetal Alchemist)
3. Gilgamesh (Fate/stay Night)
4. Enishi (Rurouni Kenshin)
5. Mithos/Yggdrasil (Tales of Symphonia)
6. Kuja (Final Fantasy IX)
7. Thanatos/Dark Lich (Secret of Mana)
8. Xellos (Slayers)
9. Asakura Ryoko (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) - just for you Void
10. Crocodile (One Piece) - just to annoy you Void :D

Hazzard
08-07-2007, 05:53 AM
1. Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts 2)
2. Oorichimaru (Naruto)
3. Priscilla - Awakened form (Claymore)
4. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
5. Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)
6. Gilgamesh (Originally from Final Fantasy V, skills are noted in FF.XII)
7. Kikimaru (Naruto)
8. Yaxley (Harry Potter)
9. Magneto (X-men)
10. Professor Octopus (Spiderman 2)

Araciel
08-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Darth Traya is from KOTOR II, perphaps better known as Kreia. (I knew you guys never heard of her.)

ooo spoiler.

also i would participate but i think i'll sit back and watch, having not looked in on a tournament before.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-07-2007, 06:25 AM

ooo spoiler.

also i would participate but i think i'll sit back and watch, having not looked in on a tournament before.

Don't let that stop you from nominating baddies you think would be fun/interesting to have in the tourney. This is the first time for a lot of people.

Eiko Guy
08-07-2007, 06:36 AM
1. Oroschimaru [Naruto]
2. Kuja [FFIX]
3. Luther [Star Ocean 3]
4. even though I owuld love to see Aizen I will choose byakuya kuchiki from bleach.
5. Phoenix [Xmen when she was evil of course]
6. Ichigo's inner/full hollow [Bleach]
7. Tylee [Avatar I believe shes the gymnast girl]
8. Zankou [Charmed]
9. Cole Turner Near the end of the show [Charmed]
10. Sephiroth [just so I can watch him lose.]

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-07-2007, 06:41 AM
Aizen Sousuke is disallowed because we do not know the full extent of his abilities.

Eiko Guy
08-07-2007, 07:49 AM
BUt I love him...
Fix'd

Zante
08-07-2007, 08:03 AM
5/Mewtwo (Pokemon)
6/ Voldemort (Harry Potter)
7/Gilgamesh (FFV/XII)
8/Darth Traya (KotOR)
9/Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid)

Hazzard
08-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Oh yeah, if Gilgamesh gets through, then I'm hoping Void will play him strictly in full character and prime with his glowing sheen of arrogance!

Dynast-Kid
08-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm seriously hoping Void puts the Fairy Godmother in! She would be such a BAMF with her potions, and bubbles and junk...xD

...And if Inque (http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Inque)isn't included, I will explode!

I'll shut up now.:bigsmile:

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-07-2007, 07:08 PM
It's all by the votes. The more people who vote for a character, the likelier their chance of getting in. For example, Sephiroth will always be in this tourney because EVERYONE seems to see the need to vote for him. Voldemort is also going to make it in since he's getting a lot of votes.

JKTrix
08-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Asakura Ryoko (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

This is my only vote.

Zante
08-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Right, how could I forget...

10/Megatron (Transformers)

Dynast-Kid
08-07-2007, 07:17 PM
It's all by the votes. The more people who vote for a character, the likelier their chance of getting in. For example, Sephiroth will always be in this tourney because EVERYONE seems to see the need to vote for him. Voldemort is also going to make it in since he's getting a lot of votes.

Oh, so we vote...I see.

Spammerman
08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Ganondorf(LoZ)
General RAAM (GoW)

Slothy
08-07-2007, 08:04 PM
1) Kefka (FFVI)
2) Revolver Ocelot (MGS1-3)
3) Colonel Volgen (MGS3)
4) Ares (God of War)
5) Dr. Robotnik (Sonic)
6) Kuja (FFIX)
7) Tyrant (RE - do mindless killing machines count?)
8) Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
9) Andross (Star Fox)
10) Liquid Snake (MGS)

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-07-2007, 08:17 PM

Oh, so we vote...I see.

You're voting right now. These submissions are your 10 votes. There will be another vote if there aren't 32 filled slots for some reason or another, which will probably be the case.

KentaRawr!
08-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmm... who to nominate?

1. Colonel Volgin (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence)
2. Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid series)
3. Ridley (Metroid Series)
4. Dark Samus (Metroid Prime Series)
5. Sigma (Megaman X Series)
6. Wolf O'Donnel (Star Fox Series, spelling may be incorrect.)
7. Ganon/Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda series)
8. Majora's Mask (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
9. Bowser (Mario Series)
10. Smithy (Super Mario RPG)

Laddy
08-07-2007, 09:35 PM
4-Albedo (Xenosaga)
5-Ultimecia (FFVIII)
6-Majora's Mask (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
7-Abyss (Soul Calibur III)

StarlightAngel
08-08-2007, 03:03 AM
Hollow Ichigo
Ryoko Asakura
Zaraki Kenpachi
Ovan (Tri-Edge arm)

...Might add more later~

EDIT: Add Mid-boss to the list.

EDITEDIT: Add Xellos to the list.

EDITEDITEDIT: Add Axel to the list.

McLovin'
08-08-2007, 05:12 AM
1. Melfice (Grandia 2)
2. Emelious (Grandia 3)
3. Pyramid Head! (Silent Hill)
4. Jigsaw (Saw)

Firo Volondé
08-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Seymour Guado (FFX)
Kuja (FFIX)
Gilgamesh (FFV)
Zephiel (Fire Emblem: Fuuin No Tsurugi)
Idoun (FE: FNT)
Alex (Golden Sun)

Rase
08-08-2007, 04:11 PM
1) Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess)
2) Ridley (Metroid series)
3) Bowser (Mario series)
4) Dark Samus (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
5) Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
6) Revolver Ocelot/Liquid Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid series)
7) Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid)
8) Agent Smith (The Matrix series)
9) Crazy Hand (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
10) King Dedede (Kirby series)

:D

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
As much as it pains me to do this, I am going to have to disallow Alex from Golden Sun as his powers are not defined.

Mercen-X
08-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Terra with powersuit (Teen Titans
Kagura (InuYasha)
Inque (Batman Beyond)
Trance Kuja (Final Fantasy IX)
Kabuto (Naruto)
Kira (DeathNote)
Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
Tri-Edge Ovan (.hack//GU)
Kite (.hack//GU)
Azure Balmung (.hack//GU)

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-08-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm going to go ahead and disallow Kira as Yagami Light is the commentator and it wouldn't be a fun battle for me to write (either Light succeeds in writing the name, the enemy kills him beforehand, or both for the double-KO).

Azure Flame Kite and Azure Balmung (as well as Azure Orca) are ineligible as villains because both characters eventually join your party and were created by Aura essentially in order to debug. They aren't villains in any sense of the word.

scrumpleberry
08-08-2007, 10:49 PM
1. Melfice - Grandia II
2. Voldemort - Harry Potter series
3. Kefka - FFVI
4. Bellatrix Lestrange - Harry Potter series (if she's not too minor or whatever
5. Kuja - FFIX
6. General Baal - Grandia
7. Steerpike - Gormenghast series
8. Jadis AKA The White Witch - Narnia series
9. Akito - Fruits Basket series
10. Count Olaf - A Series of Unfortunate Events

That's it, really.

Hazzard
08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Can Count Olaf actually do anything except call henchman and plot schemes?

scrumpleberry
08-08-2007, 11:45 PM
No, but I was running out of people and he'll probably be fun to torture.

Ashley Schovitz
08-09-2007, 02:00 AM
1) Smithy (Super Mario RPG)
2) Donkey kong (Donkey Kong)
3) Voldemort (Harry Potter series)
4) Dark Phoenix (X-Men)
5) The Joker (Batman)
6) Venom (Spiderman)
7) Nemesis (Resident Evil 3)
8) Majin Buu (Dragonball Z)
9) The Boss (Metal gear Solid 3)

McLovin'
08-09-2007, 03:57 AM
5) Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
6) Arthas (Warcraft 3)

professor_scissors
08-09-2007, 04:06 AM
1) The Spiral King, Lord Genome (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
2) The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3)
3) Tendou Kodzune (Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou)
4) Zaraki Kenpachi (Bleach)
5) Knives (Trigun)
6) Mid-Boss (Disgaea)
7) Dracula (Castlevania series)
8) Baphomet (Ragnarok Online)
9) Possessed Kafra (Ragnarok Battle Offline)
10) Ridley (Metroid series)

Man, why do I only know about awesome villains that nobody else has heard of? Nobody's gonna renominate these choices.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Donkey Kong hasn't been a villain in over a decade, so I'm not allowing him.

Also, I think there are several people who don't fit the criteria who I'm missing, I will likely cut some of your votes if they do not so please reread them. I'm willing to bend the criteria for really good picks, but if I've never heard them and they won't make for an interesting fight, they won't be staying.

LunarWeaver
08-09-2007, 07:44 AM
I feel a need to change my invalid vote to Utsutsu Mujuro from Ninja Scroll. He may be blind, but he puts up a nice bamboo forest fight. He probly won't make it, but I feel a deep thirst to have an even 10 or I just can't face myself in fountain reflections anymore.

Spammerman
08-09-2007, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=Behold the Void;2271599]Donkey Kong hasn't been a villain in over a decade, so I'm not allowing him.

QUOTE]

Lies. He was the bad guy in mario mini or whatever that game was called, where you had to save the mario toys. Wasnt he?

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I have never heard of that game. What was it on?

Strider
08-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Strider Hien (http://www.mugenation.com/image/char/hienport.jpg) - Strider series
Dracula (Castlevania)
Bowser (Super Mario World, he could have that funny lookin' helicopter. Whee!)
Ridley (Metroid)
Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Jaquio (Ninja Gaiden)
Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Dr. Wily (Mega Man)
Sigma (Mega Man X)
Balrog, Vega and Sagat (Street Fighter)
Onslaught and Apocalypse (Marvel vs. series)

I'm all for givin' this an old school feel, can you tell?

EDIT:

I just saw King Dedede on Rase's list and thought YES, so I'm voting for him, too.

Rase
08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
I have never heard of that game. What was it on?
I believe he's talking about Mario vs. Donkey Kong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_vs._Donkey_Kong) for the GBA and Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_vs._Donkey_Kong_2:_March_of_the_Minis) for the DS.

Also, I'm changing my vote for Alex to a vote for Ridley from the Metroid series.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Remember Strider, only 10 votes per person please ^_^

I'd drop Kefka, he's already pretty much a shoe-in at this point anyway.

DK's primarily a hero, so he'll be eligible for Hero tourneys.

Ashley Schovitz
08-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I was talking about Donkey Kong the first game he appeared in on the arcade. Who has even heard of Mario march of the minis? That's nonsense!

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Donkey Kong in the original Mario game is basically a toned-down version of what he is now, and since I use cross-game abilities for a character's performance he's far more suited to the Hero Tournament, and thus that is what he will be eligible for.

Strider
08-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Oh, only 10? Dang.

And no Kefka, either, he should own, anyway. Let's see...

Strider Hien - Strider series
Dracula (Castlevania)
Bowser (Super Mario World, he could have that funny lookin' helicopter. Whee!)
Ridley (Metroid)
Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Jaquio (Ninja Gaiden)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Sigma (Mega Man X)
Sagat (Street Fighter)
King Dedede

:D?

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Now you're cooking with gas. Extra props for Shredder.

Markus. D
08-10-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm not really sure of what I am doing... I read the rules to the best of my ability. Some of these are definetly spoilers...

#1 Shiro Tagachi (Guild Wars Factions)
#2 Varesh Ossa (Guild Wars Nightfall)
#3 Crimson Balrog (Maple Story)
#4 Possessed Kafra Staff (Ragnarok Battle Offline) (Not really sure if this counts, But it's the finale boss at the end of the main game).
#5 Argosax (Devil May Cry 2)
#6 Justice (Guilty Gear...)
#7 "Super Hot Giant Alien" (Dude where's my Car?)

These are probably mostly unknown to you all... ._.

Ashley Schovitz
08-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Tommy Vercetti considered a villain? He kills innocent bystanders and jacks about a hundred cars and goes on war with the police.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Maybe. I have no idea who he is.

professor_scissors
08-10-2007, 08:24 PM
#4 Possessed Kafra Staff (Ragnarok Battle Offline) (Not really sure if this counts, But it's the finale boss at the end of the main game).
Oh, great, thanks a lot. You made me have to go and change my vote.

Hazzard
08-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Tommy Vercetti is a lead character from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. He's basically a gangsta who wouldn't belong in this sort of elaborate, and insanely magical tournament. He would get killed in a second; the guy can't even swim...

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-10-2007, 08:54 PM
He's also a protagonist, meaning he goes to the Hero Tourney.

Monol
08-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh! Bad guy time eh? Alright alright lets see here...only 10 eh? Rats! BUT THERES SO MANY GREATS!!...Oh well lets see what we got here...

1. Liquid Snake (MGS)
2. Albedo (Xenosaga)
3. Psycho Mantis (MGS)
4. Axel (KH2)
5. Fawful (Super Mario : Bros Saga)
6. Venom (Spiderman)
7. Mewtwo (Pokemon)
8. David Bowie (Labryinth...though this isnt really fair ;) )
9. Bison (Street Fighter)
10. Ultimecia (FF8)

Markus. D
08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Oh, great, thanks a lot. You made me have to go and change my vote.

zomgosh!

I never thought ANYONE would have selected anything from that game xD

I suppose I should read more than the first page in the future.

*high five* I'm glad someone knows where She is from :]

Hazzard
08-10-2007, 10:13 PM
So we start the next phase tomorrow, looking forward to it!

Markus. D
08-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Yay :3

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Actually, next phase starts Sunday Night/Monday Morning. So two days left.

And Kafra Lady is awesome. professor_scissors is the one who introduced me to RBO, actually.

professor_scissors
08-11-2007, 05:10 AM
For those unacquainted with RBO:

Behold the shape of fear. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=B_V1Mw65fF4)

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-11-2007, 06:03 AM
I've added some rules of thumb for people to check how their votes stack up to the rules in my first post. It would behoove you to check it out at some point and compare your list to it.

Mercen-X
08-11-2007, 08:57 PM
When was Charmed a game or anime?

Changing my votes . . . (unrelated)

Terra with powersuit (Teen Titans
Kagura (InuYasha)
Inque (Batman Beyond)
Legato Bluesummer (Trigun)
Kabuto (Naruto)
Smoke (Mortal Kombat)
Kuroudo Akabane (GetBackers)
Tri-Edge Ovan (.hack//GU)
T-elos (XenosagaIII)
Seed (Rogue Galaxy)

Spammerman
08-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I ALMOST FORGOT!

CARNAGE- SPIDERMAN

Ashley Schovitz
08-13-2007, 12:53 AM
I add Ultimecia and Heihachi to my list

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-13-2007, 01:33 AM
I was going to post this later, but I'm going to be out and may not be home on time.

Total Vote Tally:
1. Abyss (Soul Calibur III) 1 vote
2. Agent Smith (The Matrix) 2 votes
3. Albedo (Xenosaga) 4 votes
4. Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) 1 vote
5. Andross (Star Fox) 1 vote
6. Ares (God of War) 1 vote
7. Argosax (Devil May Cry 2) 1 vote
8. Arthas (Warcraft III) 1 vote
9. Asakura Ryoko (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) 3 votes
10. Axel (Kingdom Hearts II) 3 votes
11. Azula (Avatar: the Last Airbender) 1 vote
12. Baphomet (Ragnarok Online) 1 vote
13. Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter) 2 votes
14. Bowser (Super Mario) 3 votes
15. Carnage (Spider Man) 1 vote
16. Colonel Volgin (Metal Gear Solid III) 2 votes
17. Crazy Hand (Super Smash Bros. Melee) 1 vote
18. Crimson Balrog (Maple Story) 1 vote
19. Crocodile (One Piece) 1 vote
20. Dark Adonis Vyers/Mid-Boss 3 votes
21. Dark Samus (Metroid) 2 votes
22. Darth Sidious (Star Wars) 1 vote
23. Darth Traya (Knights of the Old Republic II) 3 votes
24. Darth Vader (Star Wars) 1 vote
25. Doctor Eggman Robotnik 1 vote
26. Doctor Octopus (Spiderman) 1 vote
27. Dracula (Castlevania) 2 votes
28. Emelious (Grandia III) 1 vote
29. Errtu (Forgotten Realms) 1 vote
30. Fairy Godmother (Shrek II) 1 vote
31. Fawful (Super Mario: Bros Saga) 1 vote
32. Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda) 4 votes
33. General Baal (Grandia) 1 vote
34. General RAAM (Gears of War) 1 vote
35. Gilgamesh (Fate/Stay Night) 1 vote
36. Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V) 3 votes
37. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken) 1 vote
38. Hollow Ichigo (Bleach) 2 votes
39. Idoun (Fire Emblem: Ruuin no Tsurugi) 1 vote
40. Inque (Batman Beyond) 2 votes
41. Jaquio (Ninja Gaiden) 1 vote
42. Jarlaxle Baenre (Forgotten Realms) 1 vote
43. Joker (Batman) 1 vote
44. Justice (Guilty Gear) 1 vote
45. Kabuto (Naruto) 1 vote
46. Kagura (Inuyasha) 2 votes
47. Kefka (Final Fantasy VI) 8 votes
48. Kikimaru (Naruto) 1 vote
49. Killer (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) 2 votes
50. King Dedede (Kirby) 2 votes
51. King of Shadows (Neverwinter Nights II) 1 vote
52. Knives (Trigun) 1 vote
53. Kuchiki Byakuya (Bleach) 2 votes
54. Kuja (Final Fantasy IX) 5 votes
55. Kuroudo Akabane (GetBackers) 1 vote
56. Legato Bluesummer (Trigun) 1 vote
57. Liquid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) 2 votes
58. Luther (Star Ocean: till End of Time) 1 vote
59. M. Bison (Street Fighter) 1 vote
60. Magneto (X-men) 2 votes
61. Majin Buu (Dragon Ball Z) 1 vote
62. Majora’s Mask (Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask) 2 votes
63. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
64. Megatron (Transformers) 1 vote
65. Melfice (Grandia II) 2 votes
66. Mewtwo (Pokémon) 3 votes
67. Mithos Yggdrasil (Tales of Symphonia) 1 vote
68. Nightmare (Soul Calibur) 2 votes
69. Omega Weapon (Final Fantasy VIII) 1 vote
70. Orochimaru (Naruto) 2 votes
71. Ovan (.hack//GU) 2 votes
72. Phoenix (X-men) 2 votes
73. Possessed Kafra Lady (Rangarok Battle Offline) 2 votes
74. Priscilla (Claymore) 1 vote
75. Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid) 4 votes
76. Pyramid Head (Silent Hill) 1 vote
77. Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid) 3 votes
78. Ridley (Metroid) 4 votes
79. Sagat (Street Fighter) 1 vote
80. Seed (Star Wars: Rogue Galaxy) 1 vote
81. Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) 1 vote
82. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) 6 votes
83. Seymour Guado (Final Fantasy X) 2 votes
84. Shiro Tagachi (Guild Wars: Factions) 1 vote
85. Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) 1 vote
86. Sigma (Megman X) 2 votes
87. Smithy (Super Mario RPG) 2 votes
88. Smoke (Mortal Kombat) 1 vote
89. Spiral King, Lord Genome (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) 1 vote
90. Steerpike (Gormenghast) 1 vote
91. Strider Hien (Strider) 1 vote
92. T-elos (Xenosaga III) 1 vote
93. Tendou Kodzune (Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou) 1 vote
94. Terra (Teen Titans) 1 vote
95. Thanatos (Secret of Mana) 1 vote
96. The Boss (Metal Gear Solid III) 2 votes
97. Ty Lee (Avatar: the Last Airbender) 1 vote
98. Tyrant (Resident Evil) 1 vote
99. Ultimecia (Final Fantasy VIII) 4 votes
100. Varesh Ossa (Guild Wars: Nightfall) 1 vote
101. Venom (Spider Man) 2 votes
102. Vergil (Devil May Cry III) 1 vote
103. Veronica (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) 1 vote
104. Voldemort (Harry Potter) 6 votes
105. Wolf O'Donnel (Star Fox) 1 vote
106. Xellos Metallium (Slayers) 2 vote
107. Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts II) 2 votes
108. Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts II) 1 vote
109. Yaxley (Harry Potter) 1 vote
110. Yukishiro Enishi (Rurouni Kenshin) 1 vote
111. Zaraki Kenpachi (Bleach) 2 votes
112. Zephiel (Fire Emblem: Ruuin no Tsurugi) 1 vote

Invalidated Votes:
1. Zankou (Charmed): Charmed is not part of the available criteria and I have never seen the show, nor do I have any particular inclination to do so.
2. Cole Turner (Charmed): See above.
3. Jigsaw (Saw): Saw is not part of the available criteria, and my sources tell me that Jigsaw never actually fights anyone and thus would make a poor combatant in this kind of a tourney.
4. Alex (Golden Sun): While awesome, we never see his combat potential so he is currently ineligible (until they give us another Golden Sun game)
5. The White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia): Her powers aren’t defined enough. See Gandalf rule.
6. Akito (Fruits Basket): What’s he going to do? Scream at people? Low-supernatural Shoujo Manga is generally not the best pool for picks in this tourney.
7. Count Olaf (A Series of Unfortunate Events): He’s plotting to incest it up with his niece and he manages to murder a bunch of normal people. I don’t think he’s quite up to par with this tourney.
8. "Super Hot Giant Alien" (Dude where's my Car?): Anything from that movie’s not making it into this tournament.
9. Goblin King Jareth (Labyrinth): No clear powers. See Gandalf rule.

First Cut:
1. Agent Smith (The Matrix) 2 votes
2. Albedo (Xenosaga) 4 votes
3. Asakura Ryoko (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) 3 votes
4. Axel (Kingdom Hearts II) 2 votes
5. Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter) 2 votes
6. Bowser (Super Mario) 3 votes
7. Colonel Volgin (Metal Gear Solid III) 2 votes
8. Dark Adonis Vyers/Mid-Boss 3 votes
9. Dark Samus (Metroid) 2 votes
10. Darth Traya (Knights of the Old Republic II) 3 votes
11. Dracula (Castlevania) 2 votes
12. Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda) 4 votes
13. Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V) 3 votes
14. Hollow Ichigo (Bleach) 2 votes
15. Inque (Batman Beyond) 2 votes
16. Kagura (Inuyasha) 2 votes
17. Kefka (Final Fantasy VI) 8 votes
18. Killer (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) 2 votes
19. King Dedede (Kirby) 2 votes
20. Kuchiki Byakuya (Bleach) 2 votes
21. Kuja (Final Fantasy IX) 5 votes
22. Liquid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) 2 votes
23. Majora’s Mask (Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask) 2 votes
24. Melfice (Grandia II) 2 votes
25. Mewtwo (Pokémon) 3 votes
26. Nightmare (Soul Calibur) 2 votes
27. Orochimaru (Naruto) 2 votes
28. Ovan (.hack//GU) 2 votes
29. Phoenix (X-men) 2 votes
30. Possessed Kafra Lady (Rangarok Battle Offline) 2 votes
31. Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid) 4 votes
32. Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid) 3 votes
33. Ridley (Metroid) 4 votes
34. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) 6 votes
35. Seymour Guado (Final Fantasy X) 2 votes
36. Sigma (Megman X) 2 votes
37. Smithy (Super Mario RPG) 2 votes
38. Boss, The (Metal Gear Solid III) 2 votes
39. Ultimecia (Final Fantasy VIII) 4 votes
40. Venom (Spider Man) 2 votes
41. Voldemort (Harry Potter) 6 votes
42. Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts II) 2 votes
43. Zaraki Kenpachi (Bleach) 2 votes

Combatants Assured a Spot:
1. Asakura Ryoko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Haruhi_Suzumiya_series#Schoolmates) (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2. Axel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_XIII#VIII._Axel) (Kingdom Hearts II)
3. Bowser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Bowser) (Super Mario)
4. Dark Adonis Vyers/Mid-Boss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disgaea_characters#Vyers) (Disgaea)
5. Darth Traya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Traya) (Knights of the Old Republic II)
6. Ganondorf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganon) (Legend of Zelda)
7. Gilgamesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_character_names_of_Final_Fantasy#Gilgamesh) (Final Fantasy V)
8. Kefka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_VI#Kefka) (Final Fantasy VI)
9. Kuja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_IX#Kuja) (Final Fantasy IX)
10. Mewtwo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mewtwo) (Pokémon)
11. Psycho Mantis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metal_Gear_Solid_characters#Psycho_Mantis) (Metal Gear Solid)
12. Revolver Ocelot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver_Ocelot#Revolver_Ocelot) (Metal Gear Solid)
13. Ridley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridley_%28Metroid%29) (Metroid)
14. Sephiroth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Final_Fantasy%29) (Final Fantasy VII)
15. Ultimecia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_VIII#Ultimecia) (Final Fantasy VIII)
16. Voldemort (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Voldemort) (Harry Potter)

Second Voting Round is Between: (Note, wiki articles may contain spoilers. Peruse at your own risk.)
1. Agent Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Smith) (The Matrix)
2. Bellatrix Lestrange (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellatrix_Lestrange) (Harry Potter)
3. Colonel Volgin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Volgin#Colonel_Volgin) (Metal Gear Solid III)
4. Dark Samus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Samus) (Metroid)
5. Dracula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_%28Castlevania%29) (Castlevania)
6. Hollow Ichigo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Ichigo#Hollow_powers) (Bleach)
7. Inque (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inque) (Batman Beyond)
8. Kagura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagura_%28InuYasha%29) (Inuyasha)
9. Killer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Hearts:_From_The_New_World#Villains) (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
10. King Dedede (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Dedede) (Kirby)
11. Kuchiki Byakuya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byakuya_Kuchiki) (Bleach)
12. Liquid Snake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recurring_Metal_Gear_characters#Liquid_Snake) (Metal Gear Solid)
13. Magneto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_%28comics%29) (X-men)
14. Majora’s Mask (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Majora%27s_Mask#Majora.27s_Mask) (Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask)
15. Melfice (Grandia II, no article available)
16. Nightmare (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_%28Soul_Calibur%29) (Soul Calibur)
17. Orochimaru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orochimaru_%28Naruto%29) (Naruto)
18. Ovan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovan) (.hack//GU)
19. Phoenix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey#Phoenix) (X-men)
20. Possessed Kafra Lady (Rangarok Battle Offline, no article available)
21. Seymour Guado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_X_and_X-2#Maester_Seymour_Guado) (Final Fantasy X)
22. Sigma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma_%28Mega_Man_X%29) (Megman X)
23. Smithy (Super Mario RPG, no article available)
24. The Boss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Volgin#The_Boss) (Metal Gear Solid III)
25. Venom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venom_%28comics%29) (Spider Man)
26. Xellos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xellos) Metallium (Slayers)
27. Xemnas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_XIII#I._Xemnas) (Kingdom Hearts II)
28. Zaraki Kenpachi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenpachi_Zaraki)(Bleach)

You all have 3 votes for the next round, any further ties will be broken by myself. You have 3 days to vote. As we need 32 combatants, the top 16 spots will be filled, meaning 11 more will be cut before we have our final tournament brackets.

Voting will close on Wednesday at midnight (Thursday morning) Pacific Time.

chibitenchi86
08-13-2007, 02:01 AM
only three more votes, huh. well mine will have to be:

1. Xellos Metallium (Slayers) :love:
2. Hollow Ichigo (Bleach)
3. Kuchiki Byakuya (Bleach)

here's hoping that these guys get in.

Laddy
08-13-2007, 02:07 AM
I'll vote for...

1) Nightmare
2) Majora's Mask
3) Agent Smith

professor_scissors
08-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Possessed Kafra Staff
Zaraki Kenpachi
Dracula

Fatal Impurity
08-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Kuchiki Byakuya (Bleach)
Ovan (.hack//GU)
Zaraki Kenpachi (Bleach)

McLovin'
08-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Can I vote for the same person 3 times? : D

Melfice (Grandia 2)
(link to his bio...click (http://www.ffrebirth.com/grandia2/characters/melfice.php))
Nightmare
Phoenix

Eiko Guy
08-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Hollow ichigo
Phoenix
Byakuya

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-13-2007, 07:19 AM
All votes must be used for different characters.

Zante
08-13-2007, 08:11 AM
1/Agent Smith
2/Dracula
3/Seymour Guado

Hazzard
08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
1. Orochimaru
2. Venom
3. Agent Smith

f f freak
08-13-2007, 01:41 PM
1. Phoenix
2. Killer
3. Agent Smith

Firo Volondé
08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Seymour Guado
Bellatrix Lestrange
Agent Smith

Rocket Edge
08-13-2007, 02:13 PM
1) Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter)
2) Venom (Spider Man)
3) Dracula (Castlevania)

ShunNakamura
08-13-2007, 03:28 PM
1- Xellos for sure.
2- Ovan he sounds cool.
3- Phoenix meh, may was well.

StarlightAngel
08-13-2007, 05:55 PM
1) Hollow Ichigo
2) Ovan
3) Xellos

Rase
08-13-2007, 07:02 PM
1. Agent Smith (The Matrix)
2. Dark Samus (Metroid)
3. King Dedede (Kirby)

Ashley Schovitz
08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
1 The Boss or the Joy
2 Smithy
3 Dark Phoenix

scrumpleberry
08-13-2007, 11:38 PM
1. Bellatrix Lestrange
2. Melfice
3. Agent Smith

(Sorry, if I do any more of these I'll try to put forward more appropriate candidates. :riiight:)

Mercen-X
08-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Agent Smith and Phoenix are in. 14 to go. My votes go to Byakuya, Xemnas, and Ovan.

chibitenchi86: Xellos Metallium, Hollow Ichigo, Kuchiki Byakuya
Laddy: Nightmare, Majora's Mask, Agent Smith
professor_scissors: Possessed Kafra Staff, Zaraki Kenpachi, Dracula
Fatal Impurity: Kuchiki Byakuya, Ovan, Zaraki Kenpachi
Magus of Zeal: Melfice, Nightmare, Phoenix
eiko guy: Hollow Ichigo, Phoenix, Byakuya
Zante: Agent Smith, Dracula, Seymour Guado
Hazzard: Orochimaru, Venom, Agent Smith
f f freak: Phoenix, Killer, Agent Smith
Firo Volondé: Seymour Guado, Bellatrix Lestrange, Agent Smith
Rocket Edge: Bellatrix Lestrange, Venom, Dracula
ShunNakamura: Xellos, Ovan, Phoenix
StarlightAngel: Hollow Ichigo, Ovan, Xellos
Rase: Agent Smith, Dark Samus, King Dedede
Ashley Schovitz: The Boss, Smithy, Dark Phoenix
scrumpleberry: Bellatrix Lestrange, Melfice, Agent Smith
Mercen-X: Byakuya Kuchiki, Ovan, Xemnas

Agent Smith+7
Phoenix+5
Kuchiki Byakuya+4
Ovan+4
Xellos Metallium+3
Hollow Ichigo+3
Dracula+3
Bellatrix Lestrange+3
Nightmare+2
Zaraki Kenpachi+2
Seymour Guado+2
Melfice+2

+1: Majora's Mask, Killer, Venom, Orochimaru, Venom, Dark Samus, King Dedede
The Boss, Smithy, Possessed Kafra Staff, Xemnas

First Cut:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts II) 2 votes
Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter) 2 votes
Colonel Volgin (Metal Gear Solid III) 2 votes
Dark Samus (Metroid) 2 votes
Dracula (Castlevania) 2 votes
Hollow Ichigo (Bleach) 2 votes
Inque (Batman Beyond) 2 votes
Kagura (Inuyasha) 2 votes
Killer (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) 2 votes
King Dedede (Kirby) 2 votes
Kuchiki Byakuya (Bleach) 2 votes
Liquid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) 2 votes
Majora’s Mask (Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask) 2 votes
Melfice (Grandia II) 2 votes
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) 2 votes
Orochimaru (Naruto) 2 votes
Ovan (.hack//GU) 2 votes
Possessed Kafra Lady (Rangarok Battle Offline) 2 votes
Seymour Guado (Final Fantasy X) 2 votes
Sigma (Megman X) 2 votes
Smithy (Super Mario RPG) 2 votes
Boss, The (Metal Gear Solid III) 2 votes
Venom (Spider Man) 2 votes
Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts II) 2 votes
Zaraki Kenpachi (Bleach) 2 votes

Combatants Assured a Spot:
1. Asakura Ryoko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Haruhi_Suzumiya_series#Schoolmates) (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2. Axel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_XIII#VIII._Axel) (Kingdom Hearts II)
3. Bowser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Bowser) (Super Mario)
4. Dark Adonis Vyers/Mid-Boss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disgaea_characters#Vyers) (Disgaea)
5. Darth Traya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Traya) (Knights of the Old Republic II)
6. Ganondorf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganon) (Legend of Zelda)
7. Gilgamesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_character_names_of_Final_Fantasy#Gilgamesh) (Final Fantasy V)
8. Kefka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_VI#Kefka) (Final Fantasy VI)
9. Kuja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_IX#Kuja) (Final Fantasy IX)
10. Mewtwo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mewtwo) (Pokémon)
11. Psycho Mantis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metal_Gear_Solid_characters#Psycho_Mantis) (Metal Gear Solid)
12. Revolver Ocelot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver_Ocelot#Revolver_Ocelot) (Metal Gear Solid)
13. Ridley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridley_%28Metroid%29) (Metroid)
14. Sephiroth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Final_Fantasy%29) (Final Fantasy VII)
15. Ultimecia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_VIII#Ultimecia) (Final Fantasy VIII)
16. Voldemort (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Voldemort) (Harry Potter)
17. Agent Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Smith) (The Matrix)
18. Phoenix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey#Phoenix) (X-men)

Ashley Schovitz
08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey didn't you forget about Magneto on the list?

Hazzard
08-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Did Void let you temporarily take over or something?

McLovin'
08-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Yay Melfice.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Uhh... Mercen-X... why did you repost and compile all that? I appreciate that you want to help, but I've got a running total on my own computer so you really didn't have to. Especially since voting is open until tomorrow night.

And Ashley is indeed correct, Magneto should have been in the second vote. I apologize, I am amending that now. Anybody wishing to change a vote to Magneto may do so.

LunarWeaver
08-15-2007, 04:18 AM
I'm all about

-Killer
-Magneto
-Byakuya

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-15-2007, 05:56 AM
So here's the deal on Killer. I can't find anything that reliably tells me how he fights. I either need to be provided with this, or he gets axed.

Rocket Edge
08-15-2007, 11:46 AM
#1 - Dracula
#2 - Bellatrix Lestrange
#3 - Venom

Dynast-Kid
08-15-2007, 10:27 PM
1.) Inque!
2.) Bellatrix Lestrange
3.) Kagura

LunarWeaver
08-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Killer's main attacks were a thing called 20 knives, where he created a circle of knives suspended in the air and shot them at whomever he was targeting, and the fire spells of the game that just blast you with flames. Knives and fire shots are basically his thing. Sometimes he'd use status stuff to speed him up or cause Instant Death, but the latter is clearly going to be disqualified. He had a big final gross form that was like Demon Godzilla, but I can't imagine that form would be that great to use, so these are from his final human form.

I'm not sure how to explain it much beyond that. If it's not something you feel comfortable with, I say just discard him :cat:.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-16-2007, 04:28 AM
If you can find me some youtube videos I can field him, otherwise I'm just going to end up dropping him. Final form is nice too, I play them to their peak potential.

LunarWeaver
08-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Man, I looked on Google, YouTube, fansites, Blue Laguna, Sebastian's house from The Neverending Story, and I couldn't find any videos of the guy. I guess he'll need the big chop. :jess: Unless somebody else can magick up some, anyway.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Well, I'm just going to post this now.

1. Agent Smith (The Matrix) 6 votes
2. Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter) 5 votes
3. Dark Samus (Metroid) 1 vote
4. Dracula (Castlevania) 4 votes
5. Hollow Ichigo (Bleach ) 3 votes
6. Inque (Batman Beyond) 1 vote
7. Kagura (InuYasha) 1 vote
8. Killer (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) 2 votes
9. King Dedede (Kirby) 1 vote
10. Kuchiki Byakuya (Bleach) 5 votes
11. Majora’s Mask (Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask) 1 vote
12. Magneto (X-men) 1 vote
13. Melfice (Grandia) 2 votes
14. Nightmare (Soul Calibur) 2 votes
15. Orochimaru (Naruto) 1 vote
16. Ovan (.hack//GU) 4 votes
17. Phoenix (X-men) 6 votes - stage used
18. Possessed Kafra Lady (Ragnarok Battle Offline) 1 vote
19. Seymour Guado (Final Fantasy X) 2 votes
20. Smithy (Super Mario RPG) 1 vote
21. The Boss (Metal Gear Solid) 1 vote
22. Venom (Spiderman) 3 votes
23. Xellos Metallium (Slayers) 3 votes
24. Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts II) 1 vote
25. Zaraki Kenpachi (Bleach) 2 votes

Picks:

1. Agent Smith
2. Bellatrix Lestrange
3. Dracula
4. Hollow Ichigo
5. Killer Removed for lack of information
6. Kuchiki Byakuya
7. Melfice
8. Nightmare
9. Ovan
10. Phoenix
11. Seymour Guado
12. Venom
13. Xellos Metallium
14. Zaraki Kenpachi

Author's picks:

15. Possessed Kafra Lady
16. King Dedede
17. Xemnas

Final Combatants:

1. Agent Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Smith) (The Matrix) - stage used
2. Asakura Ryoko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Haruhi_Suzumiya_series#Schoolmates) (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) - stage used
3. Axel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_XIII#VIII._Axel) (Kingdom Hearts II)
4. Bellatrix Lestrange (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellatrix_Lestrange) (Harry Potter)
5. Bowser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Bowser) (Super Mario) - stage used
6. Dark Adonis Vyers/Mid-Boss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disgaea_characters#Vyers) (Disgaea) - stage used
7. Darth Traya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Traya) (Knights of the Old Republic II) - stage used
8. Dracula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_%28Castlevania%29) (Castlevania) - stage used
9. Ganondorf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganon) (Legend of Zelda) - stage used
10. Gilgamesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_character_names_of_Final_Fantasy#Gilgamesh) (Final Fantasy V) - stage used
11. Hollow Ichigo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Ichigo#Hollow_powers) (Bleach) - stage used
12. Kefka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_VI#Kefka) (Final Fantasy VI)
13. Albedo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albedo_%28Xenosaga%29) (Xenosaga) - stage used
14. Kuchiki Byakuya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byakuya_Kuchiki) (Bleach) - stage used
15. Kuja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_IX#Kuja) (Final Fantasy IX) - stage used
16. Melfice (Grandia II, no article available)
17. Mewtwo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mewtwo) (Pokémon) - stage used
18. Nightmare (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_%28Soul_Calibur%29) (Soul Calibur) - stage used
19. Ovan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovan) (.hack//GU) - stage used
20. Phoenix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey#Phoenix) (X-men) - stage used
21. Possessed Kafra Lady (Rangarok Battle Offline, no article available) - stage used
22. Psycho Mantis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metal_Gear_Solid_characters#Psycho_Mantis) (Metal Gear Solid)
23. Revolver Ocelot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver_Ocelot#Revolver_Ocelot) (Metal Gear Solid) - stage used
24. Ridley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridley_%28Metroid%29) (Metroid) - stage used
25. Sephiroth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Final_Fantasy%29) (Final Fantasy VII) - stage used
26. Seymour Guado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_X_and_X-2#Maester_Seymour_Guado) (Final Fantasy X) - stage used
27. Ultimecia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_VIII#Ultimecia) (Final Fantasy VIII)
28. Venom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venom_%28comics%29) (Spider Man) - stage used
29. Voldemort (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Voldemort) (Harry Potter) - stage used
30. Xellos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xellos) Metallium (Slayers) - stage used
31. Xemnas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_XIII#I._Xemnas) (Kingdom Hearts II) - stage used.
32. Zaraki Kenpachi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenpachi_Zaraki)(Bleach) - stage used

Seeding will be posted whenever my seeder gets home from work and has time to do it, hopefully within the next few hours. I'm estimating the first fight to be posted sometime between Saturday and Sunday. Anybody can bet, and everyone starts with 10,000. I'll add your account if you're a newcomer to the betting process.

Taiyou
08-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Your friendly neighborhood seeder here, home from work!

The matches are as follows:

1. Phoenix vs. Psycho Mantis
2. Sephiroth vs. Kuchiki Byakuya
3. Ridley vs. Asakura Ryoko
4. Xemnas vs. Hollow Ichigo
5. Seymour Guado vs. Bellatrix Lestrange
6. Dracula vs. Kefka
7. Ovan vs. Gilgamesh
8. Voldemort vs. Melfice
9. Kuja vs. Bowser
10. Darth Traya vs. Chuuboss
11. Agent Smith vs. Ganondorf
12. Revolver Ocelot vs. Nightmare
13. Venom vs. Axel
14. Xellos vs. Albedo
15. Possessed Kafra Lady vs. Zaraki Kenpachi
16. Ultimecia vs. MewTwo

Happy betting!

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Here are the accounts, for reference:

Advent VII: 10,000
chibitenchi86: 10,000
Eiko Guy: 20,100
f f freak: 10,000
Kentarou: 10,000
Laddy: 10,000
LunarWeaver: 10,000
Mercen-X: 12,000
professor_scissors: 183,000
Rocket Edge: 22,000
ShunNakamura: 10,000
Starlight Angel: 12,000,000
Triumphant Hero: 1,410,000
Zante: 271,900

Anybody who has no listed account comes in at 10,000, and will be added when they first start betting. You may bet as much money as you have, however much you bet is doubled if your pick wins and lost if your pick loses. Money will carry over to the Fantasy Grand Tournament, which occurs after this, and will be used for character creation. You may beg money from others at any point, but all transfers of funds must be posted in this thread for them to happen.

The first battle is between Phoenix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey#Phoenix) and Psycho Mantis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metal_Gear_Solid_characters#Psycho_Mantis). It will take place in the Chozo Ruins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chozo). The fight will be posted either Saturday or Sunday. Betting will be open until that time.

Hazzard
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Can't wait for Sephiroth massacre!

10k on Phoenix.

professor_scissors
08-16-2007, 06:40 PM
75,000 on Phoenix.

Mercen-X
08-16-2007, 07:15 PM
11k on Phoenix

Just in case you want some info on Melfice (http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/dreamcast/grandia2/characters.shtml#8).

Laddy
08-16-2007, 07:23 PM
10k on Phoenix

Zante
08-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Seems like Phoenix is the popular choice, so 10k on her.

ShunNakamura
08-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Since I am new and cautious[would suck to lose all my cash on my first bet], I will bet a measly 5k on Phoenix.

Eiko Guy
08-16-2007, 10:43 PM
10,000 on phoenix I know she'll win but I still have to be safe.

f f freak
08-17-2007, 12:53 AM
9,000 on Phoenix.

The Triumphant Hero
08-17-2007, 02:03 AM
5,000 on Phoenix

chibitenchi86
08-17-2007, 02:06 AM
9,000 on Phoenix

LunarWeaver
08-17-2007, 02:33 AM
7,000 on Phoenix.

Advent VII
08-17-2007, 02:50 AM
May I jopin as well please? I have read most of your previouse work in the hero tournament and really enjoyed it. Th ough i wish i could have found this thread sooner, I would have liked throw Virgil from DMC, and the final transformed version of Dormin from shadow of the colossus would have been interesting to see too.

Anway, I think I shall put down 7,500 on Pheonix. Based just off of what I have seen from her in X3, I would say she's the stronger phsycic ;) . Pheonix can lift hudge amounts of water with her mind (not to mention cuases whatever she wants to disintagrate), where as PM reads your memory card and throws furneture at you:p

StarlightAngel
08-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Yeah... 20,000 on Phoenix.

Rocket Edge
08-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Bank on Phoenix.

KentaRawr!
08-17-2007, 03:28 PM
5000 on Psycho Mantis.

He can read you... (breathe) like an open book!

Proxy
08-17-2007, 11:40 PM
I'll throw mine in later. Good villains I'm seeing though. Damn.

McLovin'
08-18-2007, 09:43 PM
4k on Phoenix.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-19-2007, 08:38 AM
NOTE: By clerical error, Albedo should have been assured a spot but was not. I have dropped Dedede from the seeding in favor of him. The posts have been updated accordingly.

Two figures faced off in the midst of a huge ruined temple. Around the temple, statues of strange bird-like creatures in various poses could be seen.

On one side of the battlefield stood a thin, almost emaciated man in a skintight, sleeveless black shirt and a pair of baggier black pants. His face was obscured by a gas mask, and his breathing was hollow, airy, and easily audible to those around.

On the other side of the ruins was a woman, full-figured and dressed in a skintight green and yellow suit. Her hair was a deep red, and it billowed in the air as her eyes glowed with indescribably insane malice. Around her, an aura of flame in the shape of a bird flickered, almost as if superimposing itself over her.

In a mobile platform high above the field, a young man immaculately dressed in a suit and tie stood, coolly surveying the battlefield.

"Greetings," he said calmly. "I am Yagami Light, and I will be commentating for this event. We are here at the beginning of the Villains Grand Tournament, where the cruelest, evilest and most black-heartedly foul beings attempt to destroy each other for your pleasure. For only in this cruel way can justice truly be meted against such despicable individuals.

In our first match today, we bring you two beings of powerful psychic prowess. One is Psycho Mantis, mass murderer and clairovoyant. The other is the Dark Phoenix, an insane and twisted wretch with extraordinary psionic capacity. It is said she has wiped out an entire populated solar system.

Were betting not a crime, I know where my money would be. Begin!"

Psycho Mantis made an immediate dive behind the statue as an immense conflagration consumed a thirty-foot radius around Phoenix. Her eyes were now ablaze with white fire, and the aura of the firebird for which she was named was clearly visible around her. The very stone of the ruins melted under the immense heat she was radiating as her power began increasing.

Psycho Mantis seemed to vanish, his body turning transluscent. The blaze in her eyes intensified as she cast her head around, her hair moving impetuously with each movement.

A snapping sound could be heard as a statue was broken from its pedestal and hurled at Phoenix.

Phoenix made a contemptuous gesture with her hand, and the statue was instantly incinerated, leaving nothing but a black powder remaining.

Two more statues were torn from their pedestal, and Phoenix's expression changed from one of contempt to one of annoyance. The aura around her expanded, and continued to grow. The wicked flames engulfed the entire battlefield, consuming it utterly. A horrific scream could be heard, muffled by a gas mask. A scream that ended abruptly in utter silence.

As the flames cleared, all that remained was a wasted and desolate piece of shattered earth, with Phoenix floating in the middle, her eyes blazing with unholy fire.

"As expected, Phoenix is the winner," Light said, almost bored.

Advent VII: 17,500
chibitenchi86: 19,000
Eiko Guy: 30,100
f f freak: 19,000
Hazzard: 51,800
Kentarou: 5,000
Laddy: 20,000
LunarWeaver: 17,000
Magus of Zeal: 32,500
Mercen-X: 23,000
professor_scissors: 258,000
Rocket Edge: 44,000
ShunNakamura: 15,000
Starlight Angel: 12,020,000
Triumphant Hero: 1,415,000
Zante: 281,900

The second battle is between Sephiroth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Final_Fantasy%29) and Kuchiki Byakuya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byakuya_Kuchiki). It will take place in the Danger Room (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Room). The fight will be posted either Tuesday or Wednesday. Betting will be open until that time.

Zante
08-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Sephiroth ftw. 5,000 on him.

professor_scissors
08-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Sephiroth ftw. 5,000 on him.
Someone doesn't know Void very well.

Bank on Byakuya.

KentaRawr!
08-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Darn it! >_< Oh well. 2000 on Byakuya.

Firo Volondé
08-19-2007, 02:35 PM
All my money except 258 on Byakuya

Laddy
08-19-2007, 05:00 PM
1k off Sephiroth, because Void's pretty fair. And if he isn't, I'll be okay.

chibitenchi86
08-19-2007, 05:58 PM
bank on Byakuya, as i know how Void's twisted little mind works when it comes to Sephiroth. :D

LunarWeaver
08-19-2007, 06:28 PM
I bet 1,500 on Sephiroth still. We're talking his angel-ish form, right? The man controls algebra! It's unbeatable.

Zante
08-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Sephiroth's Super Nova (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLnejSsa7_k)

While the other guy has...cherry blossoms. The choice wasn't that hard. ;)

Jokes aside, Kuchiki appears to be quite good too according to his wiki article, so I think this is going to be a close match. Its also interesting that both he and Sephiroth have an angelic theme to them. I am looking forward to this fight no matter who wins. :)

Eiko Guy
08-19-2007, 07:01 PM
10,000 on byakuya. Bankai FTW.

ShunNakamura
08-19-2007, 07:06 PM
I'll put 7500 on Byakuya Kuchiki.

I am unsure on this fight :p.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Please bear in mind that certain attacks are altered to not be stupidly overblown. This primarily applies to Final Fantasy Villains, such as Kuja and Sephiroth. Sephiroth's Super Nova, for example, is changed to a huge explosion of fire that expands outward from his point.

This is not necessarily saying Sephiroth will lose, but this is also not saying he will win. Just be aware that any stupidly overdone attacks will be changed for this iteration of the tournament.

Zante
08-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I figured he wouldn't be able to blow up the solar system, no worries, it was just to show how badass he is. ;)

Advent VII
08-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Although one might consider both a giant fireball that destroys planets, and a sword that falls into the ground and re emerges as whatever many hundered of smaller swords that can be controled with the mind stupidly overdone. That being said, it would be nice to see seph get trounced ;)

6k on Byakuya Kuchiki

f f freak
08-20-2007, 01:54 AM
I'll say 1k on Byakuya

StarlightAngel
08-20-2007, 07:25 AM
I'll bet 50,000 on Byakuya Kuchiki.

Mercen-X
08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Psycho Mantis seemed to vanish, his body turning opaque.Uh . . . do you know what opaque (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opaque) means?

13.5k on Kuchiki

I don't think Seph can hold his own in the Danger Room.

Slothy
08-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm unfamiliar with this Byakuya character, but since everyone is going with him, I'll bet 1500 on him.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Psycho Mantis seemed to vanish, his body turning opaque.Uh . . . do you know what opaque (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opaque) means?

13.5k on Kuchiki

I don't think Seph can hold his own in the Danger Room.

I write these things at like 1:00 AM. Quiet you.

McLovin'
08-20-2007, 09:06 PM
5k on Sephy.

Ashley Schovitz
08-20-2007, 09:07 PM
OH man I missed Phoenix Oh well I put 2K on Sephiroth.

Mercen-X
08-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Quiet you.

Hell no. I'm gonna hound you 'til I'm dead-tired, that right Mr. Peabody.

Hazzard
08-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I can't desert Mr. Sephiroth...I'm placing 10 K on the Grey haired madman!

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Two figures stood at opposite ends of a huge, stark metal room. One was a tall man with long, silver hair. He wore a black leather trench coat, pants, and shirt, and on either shoulder were strips of plated steel. Behind him trailed one huge black wing, which was folded neatly at his back. His hands were covered in black gloves, and in his left hand he held a massive odachi, its blade glinting in the bright fluorescent lights. The blade was easily taller than him, by at least half a foot if not one a whole foot. His eyes were cold, and blazed with a hatred for all living things.

The other was a fairly tall man, although just a few inches shy of the first. His eyes were equally cold, although within them were held immeasurable amounts of pride. He had long black hair that was held in place by a white hairclip on the front of his head. He wore a black shihakusho, over which he wore a white haori emblazoned with the kanji for the number "six" on its back. Around his neck was a long, silken white scarf and over either hand were two white cloth gauntlets. In his right hand was clasped a katana, its guard two rectangles, one around the blade and another attached to the inner guard by four strips of metal, one on each side, connecting them.

High above the room was a control panel, at which sat Yagami Light, casually fiddling with the various buttons and knobs.

"The next battle is between Sephiroth and Kuchiki Byakuya," Light said. "Begin."

Byakuya seemed to vanish in the blink of an eye. In the next instant, Sephiroth's back exploded with blood as he whirled around, arcing his blade in a vicious arc. Sparks flew as the two blades clashed, Byakuya barely having stopped the attack. While Byakuya had managed to pierce Sephiroth's back once, Sephiroth's reaction was instantaneous, forcing Byakuya to guard himself.

Byakuya vanished again and this time Sephiroth released a wave of fire which expanded out from his body and continued outward.

Several mounted laser turrets animated as this was happening, and began firing lasers around the room. This, however, was short-lived as the flame brought a swift end to them, melting them instantly.

As the flames expanded outward, a calm voice could be heard.

"Hadou #4. Byakurai."

A beam of white light lanced through the air, parting the flames. Sephiroth seemed to blur as he warped out of the way and the beam slammed into the wall, leaving a wide hole in it.

Before the flames could reform, another gaping hole appeared in Sephiroth's back as Byakuya once again vanished from sight. This time, however, Sephiroth's attack met nothing but air as Byakuya quickly moved out of reach.

Sephiroth's eyes were blazing now. His head whirled as the flames cleared, catching sight of Byakuya standing calmly to his right, casually taking out another blaster that had been preparing to fire at him with a quick slash of his sword.

The air around Sephiroth grew dark as black energy welled up around him.

"Descend..." he hissed.

"Bakudou #61. Rikujōkōrō"

Sephiroth's sentence was cut off by a cry of rage as six beams of light slammed into his body, immobilizing him.

With a howl of rage, Sephiroth broke free, the beams shattering and dissipating into the air.

In the next instant Byakuya's sword appeared, the tip piercing his right breast. Roaring with rage, Sephiroth unleashed four spiraling pillars of flame from his body.

Once again, Byakuya seemed to vanish as he retreated out of the way, but this time his blade seemed to shatter as it broke off into pink flecks of metal.

Sephiroth's chest seemed to explode with blood as the flecks tore out of him and began swirling through the air before being caught up in the flames.

Byakuya seemed to appear and disappear several times as he deftly dodged the pillars of flame. As the pillars smashed into the wall and dissipated, Byakuya raised his empty hilt and his katana blade reformed as the pink flecks quickly gathered and took its shape again.

Now bleeding profusely, Sephiroth's shoulders seemed to slump. His skin began moving, as if something were inside it trying to get out. His wing stretched out as several more began to grow. His limbs twisted and elongated, leaving only his torso and face intact as his body began mutating.

Sephiroth was now surrounded by two halos. His hair was billowing and his lower torso seemed comprised entirely of wings.

Byakuya's eyes widened slightly at Sephiroth's new appearance.

"FLARE!" Sephiroth screamed, his voice now guttural and distorted.

A massive ball of magic burst from Sephiroth's palm. Byakuya's expression showed clear shock as the magic swept over him.

When it cleared, Byakuya was slouched against the wall, blood running down several wounds on his body. In his hand he clutched the empty hilt of his blade, as he had used the shards to shield himself and defend himself from the brunt of the blow. As the blade reformed, Byakuya turned it toward the ground, and dropped it.

"Bankai." he said coldly.

Two rows of large sword blades rose behind him. The blades were numerous, it was impossible to count.

"Chire (Scatter)," Byakuya said. "Senbonzakura Kageyoshi (Vibrant Display of the Thousand Cherry Blossoms)."

The blades broke off into countless pink shards of metal and began swarming around Byakuya.

The blades swept forward, sweeping over Sephiroth's body. Sephiroth roared in rage as he unleashed another flare spell.

Some of the blades detached and formed a wall around Byakuya. As the flare slammed into them, it pushed against them for a moment before dispersing, leaving Byakuya more or less unharmed.

Sephiroth unleashed a burst of black energy at the blades. The energy blast was so big it nearly enveloped the wall. The blades were easily cast aside by the blast as it hit the wall, disintegrating a huge part of it.

As the dust cleared, there was no trace of Byakuya. The blades were wafting listlessly in the air, direction-less.

As Light took a breath to declare Sephiroth the winner, the blades suddenly animated again, spiraling forward in intricate patterns and raking across Sephiroth's body, leaving huge gashes all over him.

Byakuya stepped out of the shadows from behind Sephiroth, his arm extended as he wove patterns with his fingers, patterns his blades followed.

"SUPER NOVA!" Sephiroth howled.

A ball of flame began expanding outward from Sephiroth, increasing in size as it expanded.

Byakuya's feet began moving forward as the attack began developing a strong gravitational pull, sucking him forward.

Several of the blades were pulled into the flames, but through force of will Byakuya was able to wrench most of them back around him, creating a swirling globe around him.

The flames expanded further, enveloping the ball of blades and continuing to move outward. As it reached the outer limits of the wall, it kept moving, forcing Light to quickly vacate the premise lest he be caught in the attack.

As it reached its apex, the ball exploded in a wave of ferocious flame.

As the dust cleared, the entire area was destroyed and the two were now out in the open. The blades could be seen swirling around Byakuya. Their color had changed, they were now white as they formed into a huge white throne with protruding angel wings. Many other blades condensed in Byakuya's hand to form a long blade.

"Shuukei Hakuteiken (Final Scene: White Imperial Sword)" Byakuya said, as he suddenly sprang forward. Sephiroth whirled just in time for the blade to pierce his heart. With an earth-shaking scream, Sephiroth clawed at Byakuya weakly, the halo deflecting his attack. Blood poured from his body and his shoulders slumped.

Byakuya's eyes narrowed, and his sword and halo exploded into tiny blades once more, tearing through Sephiroth's body. Sephiroth screamed once more as his body began to dissolve.

Byakuya landed lightly on his feet, as the blades came together again and condensed into his katana once more, just as Sephiroth's body finished dissolving into nothingness.

Overhead, the sound of a helicopter could be heard.

"Kuchiki Byakuya is the winner," Light said through a head-mounted microphone.

Advent VII: 23,500
Ashley Schovitz: 8,000
chibitenchi86: 38,000
Eiko Guy: 40,100
f f freak: 20,000
Firo Volondé: 254,258
Kentarou: 7,000
Laddy: 19,000
LunarWeaver: 15,500
Magus of Zeal: 37,500
Mercen-X: 36,500
professor_scissors: 516,000
ShunNakamura: 22,500
Starlight Angel: 12,070,000
Vivi22: 11,500
Zante: 276,900

The second battle is between Ridley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridley_%28Metroid%29) and Asakura Ryoko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Haruhi_Suzumiya_series#Schoolmates). It will take place in the Zanarkand Ruins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locations_in_Spira#Zanarkand_Ruins). The fight will be posted either Saturday or Sunday (or maybe a touch later, due to Penny Arcade Expo). Betting will be open until that time.

professor_scissors
08-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Eegh... tough call. Both are powerful and both have a good shot, but I'm gonna bet on Ridley underestimating Ryoko due to her appearance, and bet a cautious 70,000 on Asakura Ryoko.

Zante
08-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Cool battle, at least Sephiroth put up a good fight. :thumb:

Does Ryoko have any powers at all? Her wiki article doesn't mention any.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Ryoko can exert control over the data of the area in which she is fighting, bending it to her will. The longer she remains in an area, the more her domain expands, allowing her to control objects and even people within it. Her physical capabilities are also much enhanced.

Essentially, she's not as strong as Nagato Yuki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuki_Nagato), but her abilities are in the same vein.

Zante
08-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Sounds neat, I am putting 7,000 on Ryoko.

Slothy
08-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, after looking at their powers, I'll go 5000 on Ryoko.

Firo Volondé
08-22-2007, 02:25 PM
This battle looks interesting. I'll put 54,000 on Ryoko, even though from what I've read on her, she doesn't seem to be a villain at all. Also, what is the state of the battlefield? Is Yunalesca hanging around? Her presence could change the battle completely due to Ryoko's unique abilities.

Hazzard
08-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Great battle, especially with Advent Children - One winged Angel, playing in the background. Sephiroth shouldn't be out so quickly, but oh well...

Banking on Ryoko, but I'll leave 1000 a spare.

Laddy
08-22-2007, 07:26 PM
5k on this Ryoko person.

LunarWeaver
08-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Oho, my poor Sephy-popo. It was a good fight, though. I was always uncertain which would win that. A part of me is glad Byakuya gets to keep going >.>

Let's see. I guess I'll bet 5,000 on this Ryoko chica.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-22-2007, 08:38 PM
No other villains will ever appear on the chosen stage. It's just the two combatants (and Light commentating of course).

Oh, and for those who feel Ryoko isn't a villain, her image song would have to disagree. (http://lyrics.darkmirage.com/?SongID=90)

Mercen-X
08-22-2007, 10:00 PM
15k on Asakura

Heath
08-22-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm quite disappointed that nobody nominated Cardinal Albert Simon from Shadow Hearts (admittedly he escaped my mind now), because top hats = win.

StarlightAngel
08-23-2007, 01:43 AM
I'll put 54,000 on Ryoko, even though from what I've read on her, she doesn't seem to be a villain at all.

Uhh... She tries to kill the main character in hopes of getting a reaction from Haruhi, even though her orders are only to observe.

Anywhoo, 60,000 on Ryoko.

Ashley Schovitz
08-23-2007, 02:16 AM
3k on Ridley

Eiko Guy
08-23-2007, 05:17 AM
sure 10,000 on ryoko.

chibitenchi86
08-23-2007, 04:01 PM
19,000 on Ryoko

f f freak
08-23-2007, 04:19 PM
15,000 on Ryoko.

ShunNakamura
08-23-2007, 09:47 PM
This Ridley fellow sounds like he could be powerful, but Asakura can bend reality so.....

I am not sure on this one, but I'll put 10,000 on Asakura.

McLovin'
08-24-2007, 05:57 PM
I'll just go with 2500 on Ryoko.

Mercen-X
08-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm quite disappointed that nobody nominated Cardinal Albert Simon from Shadow Hearts (admittedly he escaped my mind now), because top hats = win.
I wanted to nominate him but I forgot his name. I would have probably put Roger Bacon.

KentaRawr!
08-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Ridley? Meh, not so sure if he'll win...

10 on Ridley. >_>

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-27-2007, 07:25 AM
PAX was awesome, but man have I been looking forward to writing this fight. Let us begin.

Swirling pyreflies flew aimlessly about the massive ruins as two figures stood on opposite ends of the field.

One was a massive black creature, much akin to a dragon. Its frame was black, almost skeletal, and its eyes were white slits. Two wings jutted from its back, the membrane a bright orange, and its hands and feet were adorned with vicious claws. Its beak-like mouth contained a row of razor sharp teeth, and a thin tail lashed behind it.

The other appeared to be an ordinary Japanese school girl, dressed in a blue skirt with a white top. Her collar was blue, and she wore a blue undershirt underneath. Her hair was long and blue, the only feature to distinguish her from most normal Japanese girls.

"The next battle is between the space pirate Ridley and the humanoid interface Asakura Ryoko," Light said, obviously bored at the prospect of a massive dragon tearing into a defenseless little girl. His hand idly spun a pen, and a black notebook was open on his desk, although he did not write in it. "Begin."

Ridley, for his part, looked just as confused as Light about the nature of his opponent. Ryoko, on the other hand, simply smiled warmly at the signal to begin.

Ridley slowly advanced on Ryoko, who made no move to defend herself. As Ridley approached Ryoko, the air around him seemed to shimmer briefly, just out of the corner of his eye. Entering range and seeing no movement from Ryoko, Ridley drew himself up to full height and inhaled sharply, exhaling a massive burst of flame.

"How boring," Ryoko said, still smiling. As the flames prepared to engulf her, she waved her hand and the flames dissolved into a stream of green numbers and symbols, washing harmlessly over her.

"You've entered the area of my data jurisdiction," Ryoko said as Ridley snarled in confusion. "Thank you for approaching so slowly and cautiously. You've given me plenty of time to spread my control over the area."

Ridley's claws shot out, but Ryoko jumped away, easily dodging the attack. The air in the area seemed to shimmer as lines of data could be seen around the ruins. The lines seemed to be spreading outward at a slow but steady pace, enveloping more and more of the ruins.

"You see," Ryoko said, "this form I'm using isn't particularly strong. While its physical parameters obviously exceed that of a normal human, overall it is a fairly weak body when compared to a less evolved lifeform such as yourself."

"Less evolved?" Ridley snarled.

"Oh. So you can talk," Ryoko said, almost pleased. "Perhaps you are not as much an evolutionary throwback as I had thought. However, you are still an unpolished creature. Ugly. Brutish. Stupid."

Ridley's eyes narrowed even more as he launched himself into the air, launching several balls of fire at Ryoko. Ryoko waved her hand, and the flames dissolved in an instant.

"It's no good. By now the entire area is under my data jurisdiction. I could stop your body's functioning entirely if I so desired."

As if to emphasize her words, Ridley suddenly froze in place, his body unable to move. He remained suspended in the sky as if nailed there, his wings extended as if ready to pounce.

Ryoko traced a pattern through the air with her finger, and a trail of military combat knives appeared, suspended in midair. All of their blades were leveled at Ridley. With a dismissive flick of her wrist, Ryoko unleashed the blades, which sprang towards Ridley with unerring accuracy, only to bounce off his bony scales.

"Oh? You're a bit tougher than I thought you'd be," Ryoko said.

Turning her back to Ridley, she began walking towards the ruins of a large tower. As she turned, Ridley was suddenly able to move again. It beat its wings frantically in order to regain its balance before streaking towards Ryoko, claws extended.

"You're so tenacious," Ryoko murmured as Ridley drew closer. "It's somewhat... annoying."

Ridley flew into a huge column of light that formed a shield and wrapped itself around Ryoko's body. Ridley was thrown back, his body skidding across the ground as he dug his claws into the stone to slow himself.

Ryoko delicately laid her hand on the building.

"This city has an abundance of data," she said, almost to herself. "Human lives began and were ended in this place. It is a remarkable thing to see."

She turned to face Ridley, still smiling sweetly.

"However, I've studied data like this countless times. This data tells me nothing new, nor important. It, like much human history, is meaningless. Foolish stories that give us no greater knowledge than that they existed."

Ridley moved to attack again, but found his body once again was immobile.

"Why do we waste our time with such lesser beings?" Ryoko ruminated. "Why do we give so much attention to creatures so limited and primitive in their communication?"

She stopped, smiling again, although this time a hint of malice seemed to make its way into her expression.

"It's because we find them interesting. As a child nurtures a farm of ants, we too find you pathetic and primitive life-forms interesting. Sadly, you've failed to live up to my expectations. You bore me. It's almost frustrating that the same word, 'alien' could be applied to such a stupid creature as yourself and one such as I," she said.

"So, please die."

The ruined buildings of Zanarkand were suddenly and violently ripped from the ground. Their forms compressed into hundreds of huge stone lances. The lances sprang forward, piercing Ridley's wings and body and pinning it to the ground. Ridley roared in pain as the lances tore through his flesh, digging into the ground and keeping him immobile, like a butterfly on display.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Ryoko said. "My data jurisdiction doesn't just give me control over your movement. I took the liberty of rearranging your physical composition, making your flesh far more fragile than even mine appears to be. But then, I suppose you figured that out, didn't you?"

Ryoko gave Ridley an angelic smile as a final stone lance crushed his skull, draining the life from his eyes.

"Asakura Ryoko is the winner," Light said, looking somewhat surprised but not altogether unhappy.

Ashley Schovitz: 5,000
chibitenchi86: 57,000
Eiko Guy: 50,100
f f freak: 35,000
Firo Volondé: 308,258
Hazzard: 82,600
Kentarou: 6,990
Laddy: 24,000
LunarWeaver: 20,500
Magus of Zeal: 40,000
Mercen-X: 36,500
professor_scissors: 586,000
ShunNakamura: 32,500
Starlight Angel: 12,130,000
Vivi22: 16,500
Zante: 283,900

The second battle is between Xemnas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_XIII#I._Xemnas) and Hollow Ichigo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Ichigo#Hollow_powers). It will take place in Dracula's Throne Room. The fight will be posted either Wednesday or Thursday. Betting will be open until that time.

StarlightAngel
08-27-2007, 07:42 AM
"Ja, shinde?"

Wheeeeeee Ryoko. Anyway, 50,000 on Hollow Ichigo.

Hazzard
08-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Bank on H.Ichigo

professor_scissors
08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Gimme 100,000 clams on Photo Negative Ichigo.

McLovin'
08-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Xemnas!

10k!

chibitenchi86
08-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Hollow Ichigo ftw!

Laddy
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
As much as I hate Bleach, I will bet 10K on Hollow Ichigo.

Mercen-X
08-27-2007, 09:34 PM
My bet: 30k to "go" . . . Go Ichigo, go! Bring me to 60, k?

Zante
08-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I think Ichigo did quite well in the other tournament, so 10,000 goes on him.

McLovin'
08-27-2007, 09:47 PM
The damn anime characters can't always be the victors! :mog:

f f freak
08-27-2007, 10:52 PM
20k on Ichigo.

Rocket Edge
08-28-2007, 01:00 AM
The damn anime characters can't always be the victors! :mog:
They just make them too damn powerful. :-\

EDIT: 25,000K on Ichigo.

Ashley Schovitz
08-28-2007, 01:26 AM
4k on Xemnas

Eiko Guy
08-28-2007, 01:56 AM
umm a cautios 30k on ichigo.

ShunNakamura
08-28-2007, 03:25 AM
I will put 12,500 on Ichigo.

Xenmas from what I have read doesn't sound as if he can handle what it sounds like Hollow Strawberry is capable of.

Firo Volondé
08-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Wow, I thought Ridley-Ryoko would be one sided, but not to that extent...

160,000 on Hollow Ichigo. Anime characters > all it seems.

McLovin'
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
I hope you all lose. *evil laugh*

StarlightAngel
08-28-2007, 06:25 PM
160,000 on Hollow Ichigo. Anime characters > all it seems.

Just wait until the 6th fight o.o; Those two are both video game characters, soooo...

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-28-2007, 07:49 PM
If you don't want anime characters to win, vote for better video game characters next time.

Firo Volondé
08-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I did vote for a better video game character...
http://romanodi13.9online.fr/images/Alex.jpg

Anybody who has watched your average fantasy anime knows that the villains and the good fighters are ridiculously powerful. Plus it never helps when you allow characters like Ryoko, who are so smurfing broken it's not funny. Anybody who didn't barr her is basically guaranteeing that no non-anime villain can possibly win.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Actually, Ryoko has a good chance of losing in the next round. She may still win, obviously, but the further the rounds progress the greater that chance becomes - I wouldn't have allowed her otherwise. There are several top-tier fighters in this (who I've already identified, obviously, not that you all know that), and its a good mix of anime and video games. I know what I'm doing, I've been doing this for several years now. Not to mention the fact that most anime characters are in the earlier match due to random seeding. There are still a ton of video game characters that haven't even fought yet.

And that should be the end of this. As I said in the disclaimer earlier, I write this for my entertainment and the battles and accepted characters are a matter of my opinion, so don't whine. If you don't like how it goes, nobody's forcing you to read.

Mercen-X
08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Anybody who has watched your average fantasy anime knows that the villains and the good fighters are ridiculously powerful. Plus it never helps when you allow characters like Ryoko, who are so smurfing broken it's not funny. Anybody who didn't barr her is basically guaranteeing that no non-anime villain can possibly win.
Wow . . . narrow. :rolleyes2

Maybe next time there should be a limit to how many Anime characters are accepted. "Would that make you happy, Firo?"

Laddy
08-29-2007, 11:06 PM
It would make me happy, Anime characters are overpowered almost to the point of silliness. Same with Phoenix, dammit!

LunarWeaver
08-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I'll bet 7,000 on Hollow Ichigo. I always seem to bet in smaller amounts. I'm too much of a wuss to cope with pseudo-money!

Zante
08-30-2007, 12:06 AM
It doesn't really matter who wins, the fights are fun to read either way. Besides, overpowered cartoon villains make voting easier. ;)

Laddy
08-30-2007, 03:19 AM
But boring... oh well, we'll see how Kefka defets these guys...

Mercen-X
08-30-2007, 06:44 PM
It would make me happy, Anime characters are overpowered almost to the point of silliness. Same with Phoenix, dammit!Just because a character possesses power, doesn't mean they're undefeatable. Phoenix pretty much only has a moderate chance of winning. That chance is determined by the fact that a character with the right move or skill (like preying on her naive desire to experience everything) may be defeated by another character who doesn't have the right move or skill to defeat Phoenix.

Everyone has a weakness. The only way to ascertain a fool-proof bet is to put God in as a contestant. But that would never happen because as Void has mentioned several times before "we don't know the absolute extent of his powers."

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-31-2007, 08:13 AM
So, I'm changing the battlefield to outside Dracula's castle. By which I mean it will shortly become entirely irrelevant.

Two figures stood atop the parapets of a huge castle. Twisted spires jutted into the cold night air, and a full moon rose above the clouds shining down upon them.

One was a man with scraggly gray hair. His eyes were cold and he wore robes of silver and black. His face was stern and unlined, and he appeared completely detached from the battle. In his hands, he held two blades of glowing orange energy.

The other wore clothing similar to what Kuchiki Byakuya had worn, but its colors were inverted, white where there had been black and black where there had been white. He wore no haori, and his face skin and hair was white. His eyes were completely black save for the pupils, the only two points of color on his entire visage. They were yellow, and bore a look of manic glee. In his hands was a huge cleaver-like sword with bandages wrapped around its hilt. The blade's edge and the bandages were black, while the rest of the blade was pure white.

"The next battle is between Xemnas and Hollow Ichigo," Light said from his platform floating above the castle. "Begin."

Hollow Ichigo chuckled. "Ha. You look weak," he said.

Xemnas said nothing, gazing steadfastly at Hollow Ichigo. Without warning, he shot forward, bringing his blades to bear.

Hollow Ichigo vanished in a flash, appearing behind Xemnas. Xemnas whirled around and also vanished, causing Hollow Ichigo to vanish once more.

Both reappeared briefly, their blades locked, before vanishing again. This happened several times, before the two broke apart, sliding across the flagstones.

Gripping the bandages, Hollow Ichigo raised his blade above his head and began whirling it swiftly above his head.

Xemnas watched intently as Hollow Ichigo whirled the blade. Suddenly, Hollow Ichigo released it in one fluid motion, sending the blade whirling towards Xemnas with great speed.

Xemnas brought his blades to bear, batting the sword to the side. Hollow Ichigo simply pulled the blade back, sweeping it into the air again and continuing to whirl it overhead.

Xemnas steeled himself, but the thrown blade never came. Instead, Hollow Ichigo pulled the blade back into his hands, gripping it firmly.

"GETSUGA TENSHOU!" he shrieked, dragging the blade across the ground in an upward slash that tore the pavement apart.

A massive white beam of energy shot from the blade, slamming into Xemnas and pushing him back. Xemnas' eyes widened as he was hurled from the building, which was fast splitting apart from the force of Hollow Ichigo's attack.

As the castle began crumbling in a cloud of dust, a titanic roar split the air as a huge silver dragon rose from the debris. It was surrounded by a flock of strange creatures, and a massive symbol much akin to an inverted heart appeared on its chest.

Hollow Ichigo smirked at the sight of the creature. Vanishing, he appeared on the creatures back as the creatures all zeroed in on him and began firing lasers.

Hollow Ichigo skillfully dodged the attacks, vanishing and re-appearing in safe locations or swatting the lasers back at the creatures with his blade. Quickly growing bored of this activity, he began to run along the dragon, dragging his blade through its plated armor and cutting huge gashes into its back.

The dragon roared in pain and bucked wildly, but was unable to dodge its assailant. Its wings seemed to shudder, and a burst of feathers shot forth, transforming into beams of energy that lanced towards Hollow Ichigo and blasted him off its back.

Hollow Ichigo slid across the ground, black blood trickling from his lip and from several wounds the feathers had inflicted.

"Not bad!" he shouted as the dragon whirled around, sending several beams flying at him.

Hollow Ichigo dodged away from the beams, but more and more kept coming and it proved impossible to dodge them all.

Sliding back across the air again, Hollow Ichigo spat blood. Gripping his zanpakutou firmly in one hand, he placed his arm over the other as the bandage wrapped around his arm.

"BAN. KAI!" he shouted just as another barrage of lasers arced towards him.

The air around him exploded, casting aside the lasers. As the dust cleared, Hollow Ichigo stood suspended in midair. He was now wearing a trenchcoat-like robe, and he held a white nodachi in his right hand. A small white chain dangled from the hilt.

Flipping the sword up, he twirled it swiftly in his hand, a crazy smirk on his features. The dragon flew around him, lasers firing from it and its minions.

Gripping the sword's hilt, Hollow Ichigo swung it through the air with such rapid strokes it was impossible to follow. In the next instant, the lasers fell away, brought down by his swift sword strokes.

Hollow Ichigo seemed to vanish, only to reappear atop the dragon. He once again began moving across the dragon's back, slicing into it with his zanpakutou. However, this time he did so with far greater speed, eliciting roars of agony from the dragon.

Making his way to the dragon's upper back, he found himself face-to-face with Xemnas, clad in armor and bearing a massive sword. Xemnas was seated on a throne atop the dragon, which flailed wildly in the air.

Hollow Ichigo smirked as Xemnas drew himself up, preparing to face him.

"Why attack you when I can do this?" he taunted, before flashing halfway across the dragon's neck.

Twirling his zanpakutou by the chain, he gripped it firmly and brought it down as hard as he could across the dragon's neck.

The dragon's body convulsed, as the body began to break apart. Xemnas rose from his throne, raw fury appearing on his face as his armor faded away. The dragon's body began to shine, as if about to explode. Hollow Ichigo vanished just in time as it exploded into thousands of shards of light, landing lightly on the ground no worse for wear.

The light lingered in the heavens for a moment, before it began to solidify. Hollow Ichigo's expression grew annoyed and slightly concerned as the light began to encircle him.

The light began hurling itself at Hollow Ichigo. Bringing his zanpakutou to bear, he began twirling it around him, creating a defensive shield to block the assault of the oncoming light.

This continued for several tense minutes, Hollow Ichigo deflecting a good amount of the beams of light, but not enough to avoid some damage. Finally, Xemnas himself burst from the light, his two blades shining in the afterglow of his last attack.

Hollow Ichigo was knocked backwards as one blade solidly connected with his stomach. Recovering quickly, Hollow Ichigo slid across the ground for several seconds, before shooting forward. In the next instant, Hollow Ichigo's zanpakutou burst from Xemnas' back.

Xemnas, unaware in his rage of his mortal wound, swung again, knocking Hollow Ichigo to the ground with his other blade. Bringing his first blade to bear in what was intended to be a decapitating strike, Xemnas found that his body would not respond and blood flowed freely from the gaping wound Hollow Ichigo's sword had given him. Gasping, he coughed blood before his body began to dissolve into darkness.

"Hollow Ichigo is the winner." Light proclaimed.

Ashley Schovitz: 1,000
chibitenchi86: 85,500
Eiko Guy: 80,100
f f freak: 55,000
Firo Volondé: 468,258
Hazzard: 165,200
Laddy: 34,000
LunarWeaver: 26,500
Magus of Zeal: 30,000
Mercen-X: 66,500
professor_scissors: 686,000
Rocket Edge: 69,000
ShunNakamura: 45,000
Starlight Angel: 12,180,000
Zante: 293,900

The second battle is between Seymour Guado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_X_and_X-2#Maester_Seymour_Guado) and Bellatrix Lestrange (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellatrix_Lestrange). It will take place in the Iifa Tree. The fight will be posted either Sunday or Monday. Betting will be open until that time.

Zante
08-31-2007, 08:52 AM
10,000 on Seymour. Both are magic users, but Seymour got Aeons.

McLovin'
08-31-2007, 10:52 AM
bank on Seymour.

The Triumphant Hero
08-31-2007, 12:01 PM
50,000 on Seymour

Hazzard
08-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Bank on Seymour, Bellatrix can't withstand Seymour Flux.

Rocket Edge
08-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Afraid I think the same. Bank on Seymour.

Laddy
08-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Bank except for 10 points, on Seymour.

Eiko Guy
09-01-2007, 12:36 AM
30k on seymour.

StarlightAngel
09-01-2007, 03:06 AM
2,180,000 on Seymour.

Darkja
09-01-2007, 03:38 AM
I'll join and put my 10k on Seymour

professor_scissors
09-01-2007, 05:39 AM
100,000 on Seymour.

chibitenchi86
09-01-2007, 08:54 AM
80,000 on Seymour.

Advent VII
09-02-2007, 10:22 PM
As much as i would like to see bella go on, I'l have to put all but 500 on Seymour please.

f f freak
09-02-2007, 11:11 PM
50K on Seymour please.

The Unknown Guru
09-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I'll join and put 2500 on Seymour.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Two figures faced off on either side of a massive tree. Both stood on the knotted branches, from which large amounts of mist emanated, obscuring their vision.

One was a man, with blue hair that ended in three impressive strands that protruded from either side and from the front. He wore a baggy black jacket that covered his arms, and a red shirt that left his chest bare. Green robes covered his legs, tapering off into black with white patterns drawn on them. In his right hand he held a large staff with an intricate head that emanated mystic power. His face was sternly arrogant, with an inborn knowledge of his own superiority.

The other was a woman, with curly black hair and ornate (albeit tattered) robes. She held a wooden wand in her hand, and her eyes glinted with cruel malice.

"The next battle is between Seymour Guado and Bellatrix Lestrange," Light said from his perch in the tree's boughs.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Bellatrix shouted, before the signal to begin had even been given.

A flash of green light enveloped Seymour. When it passed, he was still standing, albeit somewhat puzzled.

His puzzlement, however, was no match for Bellatrix's. She was staring at him, slack-jawed.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU DIE!?" she shrieked.

"Is that what that was supposed to do?" Seymour asked, idly flipping his hair out of his eye. "I suppose I failed to mention before, but I'm already dead."

As he said this, pyreflies began emitting from his body, their varicolored light illuminating the area. As he said this, Bellatrix began backing away, completely out of her element.

"My turn," he said, raising his arm. "Firaga!"

A fiery explosion burst forth from Seymour's palms. Bellatrix shrieked in pain as it enveloped her. As it cleared, she was staggering backwards, horrid burns all over her body and her hair smoldering.

"You appear to be somewhat hot," Seymour said in a detached, mocking tone. "Please, allow me to cool you off. Blizzaga!"

Lances of ice burst forth from his palm, impaling Bellatrix and killing her instantly.

"Seymour Guado is the winner," Light said.

Advent VII: 24,000
chibitenchi86: 165,500
Darkja: 20,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 4,010,000
Eiko Guy: 80,100
f f freak: 105,000
Firo Volondé: 468,258
Hazzard: 330,200
Laddy: 67,990
LunarWeaver: 26,500
Magus of Zeal: 60,000
Mercen-X: 66,500
professor_scissors: 786,000
Rocket Edge: 138,000
ShunNakamura: 45,000
Starlight Angel: 14,360,000
The Unknown Guru: 12,500
Triumphant Hero: 1,465,000
Zante: 303,900

The second battle is between Dracula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_%28Castlevania%29) and Kefka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_VI#Kefka). It will take place on the rooftops of New York City. The fight will be posted either Friday or Saturday. Betting will be open until that time.

ShunNakamura
09-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Seymour already being dead put poor Bellatrix in a real ugly position :D.

As for Kefka versus Dracula. I will put 20,000 on Kefka. Kefka may have been a bit of a pushover but he still is cool :p. In all seriousness as long as Kefka keeps remains calm and doesn't gloat too much in the fight it should be an easy win for him I would think[Of course Kefka won't do either by normal standards but I am talking calm and non-gloating for him, not for the normal person]. Anyways I am really looking forward to this one; Kefka is a very fun character and I am hoping you manage to convey him well :D.

Hazzard
09-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I bid 230,200 on Kefka.

EDIT: I now will bank on Kefka!!!

Firo Volondé
09-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh smurf. I thought I'd already betted. :|

Isn't this Dracula meant to be immortal? Not that that makes him an ultimate warrior, but every loser so far has died, and Kefka is the only one of the two that can die. But, if this match was a foregone conclusion, Dracula would've been banned. So, 331,742 on Kefka.

Mercen-X
09-04-2007, 04:32 PM
24,500 Kefka.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Remember, incapacitation is permitted, and Dracula's able to be beaten (as is shown regularly by the Belmont family).

Darkja
09-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Bellatrix got wrecked..

20k on Kefka.

Laddy
09-04-2007, 09:45 PM
35k on Kefky.

f f freak
09-04-2007, 09:47 PM
25K on Kefka.

McLovin'
09-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Bank on Kef!

StarlightAngel
09-04-2007, 11:30 PM
4,360,000 on Kefka.

The Triumphant Hero
09-04-2007, 11:56 PM
1,035,000 on Mr Kefka

saf
09-05-2007, 01:03 AM
id like to join 9k on kefka

Advent VII
09-05-2007, 01:28 AM
So long as Kefka dose not use light of judgement (at its full power anyway) or the belmont family's famous whip, I think the lord of all vampires stands a pritty good chance in this one. I'l put 10,000 on Mathias Cronqvist (Dracula), please.

The Unknown Guru
09-05-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm too conservative for this. 5,000 on Kefka.

professor_scissors
09-05-2007, 08:31 PM
666,000 on Kefka.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I know I disappeared for a long while. I want to get back into this. Could you give me a reminder on how much money I have?

chibitenchi86
09-05-2007, 11:35 PM
82,000 on Kefka.

KentaRawr!
09-06-2007, 12:33 AM
90 Billion on whoever isn't Kefka. I didn't check. >_>

Eiko Guy
09-06-2007, 05:34 AM
umm 20k on kefka. Plz dracula suck...ass.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-06-2007, 05:54 AM
I put your account back up, Sigma.

I'm going to go ahead and assuming the 90 billion isn't in earnest and won't count it as a bet.

Rase
09-06-2007, 06:15 AM

180,000 on Kefka.

LunarWeaver
09-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Crap I missed one. 7,000 on Kefka.

Palladin Bobo
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
If I may join, I'd like to bet 5000 on Kefka. He is the first Villain I truly hated.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm going to bid 210,000 on Kefka.

Zante
09-07-2007, 07:33 AM
10,000 on Kefka.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Two figures stood atop huge skyscrapers, cloaks billowing in the wind.

One was a man in green and red, with garish white paint covering his face. Red markings were drawn around his eyes, and his eyes themselves were maniacal and without compassion.

The other was a tall man with a pale face. He was dressed in rich black and red clothing, with a flowing long black cape. Above him floated a figure holding a scythe in crooked, skeletal fingers. The figure wore purple robes, and its face was obscured by its hood.

"The next battle is between Kefka and Dracula," Light said. "Begin."

Kefka immediately began laughing, a loud and bone-chilling sound.

"Uwehehehehehe! I see my opponent is too weak to come by himself."

"Silence, cur!" Dracula said in a booming voice. "I am Count Dracula, the master of Death! My companion accompanies me through a shared desire to see you, and all others fall."

Kefka laughed harder.

"What kind of a speech is that? You sound like you beat up an 80's villain and stole his dialogue!"

Dracula's face grew angry.

"I have no more words for you! DIE!"

Opening his cape, he unleashed a wave of fireballs. Still laughing, Kefka waved his hand and hurled a burst of ice. The attacks met in midair, exploding into steam.

Death launched himself forward, scythe extended. Waving his hands, Kefka hurled a vicious bolt of lightning that stopped Death in midair and blasting his body backwards.

Dracula vanished in a swarm of bats, which quickly rematerialized behind Kefka. Without missing a beat, he opened his cloak and huge balls of flaming earth burst forth from it, hurling themselves at Kefka.

Kefka lightly skipped away. "BLIZZAGA!" he shouted, bolts of ice bursting forth and slamming into Dracula's attack. The opposing forces met and once again canceled each other, falling harmlessly to the ground.

Death burst forward from behind Kefka, who was now hovering above the open sky. Slamming into his back, he slashed at Kefka with his scythe, opening a huge gash in his back. The arc of the cut appeared to have almost severed his spine, but Kefka's movement had brought the scythe instead down his back, drawing more blood but not dealing a crippling blow.

"ARGH!" Kefka screamed, falling forward. "MERTON!"

The air around him exploded with fire. When it cleared, Kefka was once again hovering in midair, cackling wildly. The area around them was devestated, the skyscraper tops having been blasted free from the buildings they had been attached to. Kefka, as well as Dracula and Death were still on fire, their clothing burning. Dracula was standing on a ruined skyscraper, while Death was floating behind Kefka. Without missing a beat, Kefka turned his finger to Death, lightning crackling on its tip.

"THUNDAGA!" he shouted, impaling Death upon a lance of lightning and blasting him towards the street.

As Death plummeted to the ground, screaming in pain, Dracula extended his cloak.

"SOUL STEAL!"

Death's body disintegrated into black particles, which flew towards Dracula. Dracula laughed, his voice growing deeper. His body expanded, taking on a demonic appearance as huge, spiked wings grew from his back. Now towering over Kefka, he leapt into the air.

"DIE!" he shouted, extending his wings and bringing them down on Kefka, attempting to crush him within their blades.

Kefka's eyes shone with an eerie brilliance as an aura of blue light enveloped him.

"ULTIMA!" he shouted.

As the blades came down on Kefka, they stopped as blue energy began to expand outward from him. The blue energy continued to grow, forcing Dracula to bring his wings back and take flight to avoid it. Further and further it grew, annihilating anything in its path. Finally, the spell exploded, unleashing waves of magical energy that slammed into Dracula, lancing his body and causing fierce wounds to appear on it.

As the dust cleared, Kefka stood, still cackling in the center of widespread devestation. What had once been a bustling city was nothing more than a smoking crater of destroyed earth. Kefka's wound was still there, his blood running freely down his back, although he seemed completely unaware of its presence.

Above him, Dracula floated, his wings beating slowly. Several bleeding holes could be seen on his body, and his face was twisted with rage. Opening his wings, Dracula unleashed a swarm of huge balls of fire, the flames arcing towards Kefka.

Drawing his finger through the air, Kefka drew a line of magic. "METEOR!" he shouted, as the line opened a rift into space. Huge flaming boulders hurled forth from the rift, breaking through the fireballs with ease. Dracula frantically beat his wings in order to gain altitude, but the meteors were just too big. One took his left foot off completely, and another hit him squarely in his chest.

Howling with rage, Dracula brought his wings and claws to bear, shattering the meteor before it could do more damage. Screaming like a feral animal, he hurled himself at Kefka, his claws and fangs extended.

"BLIZZAGA!" Kefka shouted, conjuring massive spikes of ice to meet Dracula.

Dracula's momentum was far too great, and he could not stop the charge. The spikes impaled his body just as his wings impaled Kefka.

The two bodies hurled through the air for a moment, before Kefka was able to halt their momentum with his magic. Dracula was barely alive at this point, and Kefka wasn't in much better of a position. Both were bleeding profusely from their many wounds, and Dracula was barely conscious. Suddenly, Kefka began to laugh.

Dracula stirred just in time to see blue energy envelop Kefka once more.

"ULTIMA!" Kefka shouted, spitting blood at Dracula's face.

Dracula didn't move, his wings impaled on Kefka as they were, he didn't really have the option of moving. He could only stand there as the energy expanded outward, enveloping him and obliterating his body entirely.

As the dust cleared over the huge crater Kefka's second Ultima had created, the sound of Kefka's laughter could be heard echoing through the area.

"Kefka is the winner!" Light said, emerging from a pile of rubble.

Advent VII: 14,000
chibitenchi86: 247,500
Darkja: 40,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 4,220,000
Eiko Guy: 100,100
f f freak: 105,000
Firo Volondé: 800,000
Hazzard: 660,400
Laddy: 102,990
LunarWeaver: 33,500
Magus of Zeal: 120,000
Mercen-X: 91,000
Palladin Bobo: 15,000
professor_scissors: 1,452,000
Rase: 1,300,000
Rocket Edge: 138,000
saf: 19,000
Slicksword45: 200,000
ShunNakamura: 65,000
Starlight Angel: 18,720,000
The Unknown Guru: 17,500
Triumphant Hero: 2,500,000
Zante: 313,900

The second battle is between Ovan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovan) and Gilgamesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_character_names_of_Final_Fantasy#Gilgamesh). It will take place in the Beauty Palace. The fight will be posted either Monday or Tuesday. Betting will be open until that time.

professor_scissors
09-09-2007, 09:50 AM
548,000 on Ovan.

LunarWeaver
09-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Damn, go Kefka. That fight was sexy.

I will also go with Ovan for 10k.

Zante
09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I'll go with 5,000 on Gilgamesh,

saf
09-09-2007, 06:55 PM
5000 on gilgamesh

Hazzard
09-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Wow, Kefka didn't even have to do much, but only cast magic.

50,000 on Gilgamesh.

Laddy
09-09-2007, 08:12 PM
3k on Gilgamesh.

Advent VII
09-09-2007, 08:35 PM
[quote=Hazzard;2296860]Wow, Kefka didn't even have to do much, but only cast magic.[quote]

Thats becuase he's pansy ass clowen, and thats all he really ever dose :eep:. Ah well, interesting fight though, i especialy liked the inclusion of Death. Props for not skipping over the details.

And I'l put 10,000 on Gilgamesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_character_names_of_Final_Fantasy#Gilgamesh), please.

StarlightAngel
09-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Wow, Kefka didn't even have to do much, but only cast magic.

Thats becuase he's pansy ass clowen, and thats all he really ever dose :eep:. Ah well, interesting fight though, i especialy liked the inclusion of Death. Props for not skipping over the details.

And I'l put 10,000 on Gilgamesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_character_names_of_Final_Fantasy#Gilgamesh), please.

Why would he be a pansy for using spells? Spells = Ownage.

Anywhoo, 720,000 on the *******, aka Ovan.

Slicksword45
09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
If you don't mind, I'm takeing the 200,000 I had from the grand tournament.

I'll bet... 10,000 on gilgamesh :d

Darkja
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
20k on Gilgamesh

Rocket Edge
09-09-2007, 11:57 PM
10 G's on Gilgamesh please.

The Unknown Guru
09-10-2007, 01:20 AM
I don't have a clue who the hell Ovan is. 2.5k on him.

chibitenchi86
09-10-2007, 01:39 AM
gonna have to bet 123,500 on Ovan.