PDA

View Full Version : Make options begone!

Xaven
08-06-2007, 08:56 AM
As you know, right-clicking on something will bring up that lovely little menu to choose things from. There are some options I want to remove from that list. They are in the second section (under the first set of seperators). On the below attachment for example, those would be some of the Winrar options and the Scan now with AVG.

I found the folder for SendTo and took stuff off that list already. Nifty.

Baloki
08-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Open WinRAR and in the option turn off the shell integration.

Rostum
08-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Use 7Zip instead.

Baloki
08-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Use 7Zip instead.

I'LL USE YOU!

Rostum
08-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Use 7Zip instead.

I'LL USE YOU!

Ok. :D

Baloki
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Use 7Zip instead.

I'LL USE YOU!

Ok. :D

Cool, I'm glad we're sorted then :D

crono_logical
08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
You can set those options to appear in a submenu instead if you don't like the menu bloat, for both Winrar and 7zip :p

Xaven
08-09-2007, 04:43 AM
You can set those options to appear in a submenu instead if you don't like the menu bloat, for both Winrar and 7zip :p
Nifty

XxSephirothxX
08-09-2007, 04:57 AM
I have two suggestions if you haven't fixed it up the way you want it. One, open Winrar, go to Options - Settings - Integration tab - Context menu items button, and disable what you don't want. I only use Extract Here and Add to Archive, myself.

Two, check out a program called Mmm (http://www.hace.us-inc.com/mmm.shtml). It's an easy way to completely customize each and every context sensitive display for anything you can right click. You'll have to pirate it (or...pay for it :p) if you want a version that doesn't display a little Mmm colored line on your right-click menu, though.

crono_logical
08-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Two, check out a program called Mmm (http://www.hace.us-inc.com/mmm.shtml). It's an easy way to completely customize each and every context sensitive display for anything you can right click. You'll have to pirate it (or...pay for it :p) if you want a version that doesn't display a little Mmm colored line on your right-click menu, though.The free version I use to do that on my machines is regedit :D My favourites are adding an option to right-click open any file in Notepad or in Wordpad, and to run any .exe in Japanese or Chinese locale instead of default UK (with Applocale installed) :p

XxSephirothxX
08-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Well, it's an easier-to-use method than editing the registry for people who aren't as smart as you, clout. :p