PDA

View Full Version : Ninja + Equip Axes = Broken

Fynn
08-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, maybe not really all that much....

Oh, yeah! The point of this thread - what job/ability combination is, in your opinion, the most broken?

Shin Gouken
08-06-2007, 06:26 PM
What do you mean by broken?

Bolivar
08-06-2007, 06:54 PM
I thought this game was pretty well balanced overall. The only thing would be GP Toss but then again you need the money to do it so...i don't know.

i'll try to think of one

Goldenboko
08-06-2007, 07:14 PM
2 Sword + X-Shot + Elemental Sword against Omega. That takes all of the Challenge away.

Marshall Banana
08-07-2007, 02:37 AM
Knight and its Guard ability? If all characters have critical HP, and a Knight uses Guard every turn, physical attacks become useless against the party.

I think that Black Mage alone is "broken"; it's useless to me after the fight with Karlabos. Blue Magic is superior to Black, and Blue Mages can equip Rods also, so, naturally, I'd rather use Fire/Lightning/Ice Rods instead of Black Mages. =O

Markus. D
08-07-2007, 04:38 AM
What do you mean by broken?

The overpowered combinations that take all the challenge away.

Captain Maxx Power
08-07-2007, 11:23 AM
In the GBA version !Finisher is pretty crazy, given that it can do 9999 damage pretty consistently.

Sefie1999AD
08-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I think 2-Swords + X-Fight is a really powerful combination against a single enemy target, especially if you combine it with Quick and/or Magic Sword against an enemy weak to a certain element.

Shin Gouken
08-09-2007, 03:13 AM
Rapid fire + duel wield + spelblade/time magic Quick

However this was fixed with FFVA. It couldn't be used as effectively on Omega MKII or at all with Neo shinryu

Duel cast + time magic Quick = 5 spells per character = 20 spells a turn. But one turn and no MP left means it can't be used consistantly

ReloadPsi
08-10-2007, 08:22 PM
2 Sword + X-Shot + Elemental Sword against Omega. That takes all of the Challenge away.

And even minus the elemental sword it just takes the challenge away from the entire game anyway :P

Heath
08-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I think 2-Swords and X-Fight is probably the classic example of something that's just a bit too fantastic. As for any others that haven't been mentioned, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

eestlinc
08-29-2007, 06:28 AM
this game is not as "broken" as FF6.

Zeromus_X
08-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Rapid fire + duel wield + spelblade/time magic Quick

However this was fixed with FFVA. It couldn't be used as effectively on Omega MKII or at all with Neo shinryu

Duel cast + time magic Quick = 5 spells per character = 20 spells a turn. But one turn and no MP left means it can't be used consistantly

Flare Sword is still pretty effective against Omega Mk. II, and enough Dragon Powers along with Rapidfire and two Dragon Lances/Dragon's Whiskers work wonders against Neo Shinryu.

Besides the obvious Dualwield Spellblade/Rapidfire and Quick/Dualcast Flare/Mime, etc, Mix can be pretty darn broken too. But nothing in this game really compares to anything broken in FFVI (hello there Wind God Cyan/Gau).

Karellen
08-30-2007, 03:58 AM
Gil Toss is stupidly effective, considering how early you have access to it. At least all the other insane combos require you to master classes.