PDA

View Full Version : Such a long wait!

pspkilla
08-07-2007, 07:27 AM
I've heard rumors that the games, are still a mess:( and that developing games for the PS3 is alot harder then for the [XBOX] 360. I hope this game is gonna be worth the wait, and that they don't push the release date, again, and again, and again. I plan on buying a PS3 just to get this game, but do you guys think its worth it? Buying a ps3 just to play this game? Or should I wait and see if they do realease a 360 port, or spinoff?

Rodney
08-07-2007, 10:11 AM
If a guy's the protagonist again, I'm gone.

terus01
08-07-2007, 05:31 PM
It's worth! I'm gonna buy PS 3 no matter what.

Hazzard
08-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Versus - Male protagonist
Normal - Female protagonist?

Jessweeee♪
08-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I've managed to get a Wii and my brother just got an Xbox 360 for his birthday. I'm praying that I'll see FFXIII on the Xbox, but at the rate it's going the PS8'll be out.

Bolivar
08-08-2007, 02:31 AM
XII isn't even a year old, so it's not that long of a wait. Waiting for a new single-player one between X and XII was a real long wait.

pspkilla
08-08-2007, 05:08 AM
Yea it was a horribly long wait, and the Dragon Quest demo wasn't all that great either, but I guess it was well worth the wait too, it's just that i didn't have to spend 500 bucks to play it lol, but I can almost gurantee they'll push back the release date :/

Dragonsoul
08-08-2007, 07:19 AM
XII isn't even a year old, so it's not that long of a wait. Waiting for a new single-player one between X and XII was a real long wait.

Hehe! I'm guessing that like a lot of people, you aren't counting FF X-2from 2003, I don't blame you from what I've heard about it though! :)

pspkilla
08-09-2007, 04:54 AM

Hehe! I'm guessing that like a lot of people, you aren't counting FF X-2from 2003, I don't blame you from what I've heard about it though! :)

Final Fantasy X-2 actually wasn't all that bad, it was one of my favorite ones actually, it was alot of fun, I liked how you could have more than 9999 HP and do more than 9999 damage.

Nifleheim7
08-09-2007, 12:47 PM
For me it's not going to be a long wait (even if it gets released by the end of 2009 in Europe) because i have many FF's and other games that i want to play/finish!;)
Although when SE starts to throw us more promotional stuff (screenshots,videos) the waiting will start to get real hard.

VeloZer0
08-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm of the mind I would WAY rather wait than have it rushed. In addition to giving them time to develop it properly, the wait also makes you appreciate them more. If a new one came out every 4 months they wouldn't seem quite so special.

Hazzard
08-09-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm of the mind I would WAY rather wait than have it rushed. In addition to giving them time to develop it properly, the wait also makes you appreciate them more. If a new one came out every 4 months they wouldn't seem quite so special.

Yeah, I suppose I can wait till next year winter when I'll actually be able to afford a PS3.

Vivisteiner
08-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Yep.

I also want to see an Indian-looking main character. Although I doubt that'll ever happen. :(

McLovin'
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
You could get the PS3 for other games too...

like Ratchet and Clank 4, Resident Evil, GTA4, devil May Cry 4, Silent Hill 5 etc.

Dragonsoul
08-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Yep.

I also want to see an Indian-looking main character. Although I doubt that'll ever happen. :(

I'd love to see that! I'm Indian(Asian) looking a bit although I'm not Indian. Do you mean Asian Indian or Native American?

Gah! I want this game! :D

Serapy
08-17-2007, 08:31 PM
By the time when FF13 is out, the price of PS3 should be cheaper. I might buy both at that time, it's probably worth it. I mean, if FF13 has delayed for so many years, then the price of PS3 will be cheaper in every year or so.

sephireland
08-25-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm a proud owner of a PS3 and cotrary to popular belief there are already some fine games on the system Oblivion is awesome, Ninja Gaiden Sigma is great and then there's the likes of The Darkness, Resistance Fall of man and F.E.A.R one thing I don't like is people's obsession with exclusives. FF XIII will in all likelyhood be a PS3 exclusive and I reall feel for XBOX 360 owners in this regard. Couple of games on that system I'd love to play too. It is a long wait for FF XIII but as has been said before, that's part of the reason these games are so special.

Hyperion4444
08-29-2007, 07:55 PM
All PS3 games have a long wait, I'm still waiting for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, supposed to be released, just need to drive 1:30h to find a store that actually has it.

Rafale 4
08-29-2007, 08:23 PM
If i were Playstation CEO, I would have made the starting price 400$.
It would have been a terrible lost, but worth it!
(How many compagnies would be bankrout by doing a sytem that is just too good?)

By making it 400$, the support would have been more vast. (because the game compagnies create their games on systems that sold alot and fast, like Nintendo Wii.)

But even with 360 one year advance (like PS2 had) the sales doesn't compare to the huge success the PS2 had in it's time!
Nintendo Wii already surpassed X360 in sales in less than a year!
While Playstation 3 got a quick boost this year.

The game compagnies don't want to make games on a system if it's not going to be sold, and they base themselves on the sales, not considering that people might purchase the game and wait later to buy the system.
But thoses who really looses making exclusives, is X360.
X360 = 10 millions
Wii = 7.7 millions
PS3 = 3.3 millions
this was taking in June and things changed

X360 officially has 30% failure rate for the red ring of death. meaning:
10,000,000-30%=about 7,000,000 X360 actually works, with a year advance!
And considering that thoses failures ended up in people re-buying their system:
10,000,000-30%*2= 4,000,000 purchased a X360, with a year advance!
Unlike thoses compagnies, I know my math.

If you want to debate this, go ahead.

The 30% failure rate is only for disk scratching, cracking and hacking, And doesn't include X360 that just doesn't work(like core rebuilts) when you buy them, runs out after a short while and thoses who occasionnally self-explodes.
(Perharps it reallised it was a Xbox and decided to commit suicide? I don't know but it happened!)

In conclusion, the 'X360 Exclusives' are PC games.
So again the debate of, why buy an xbox if you have a PC. comes back.
While Xbox 360 didn't even offer a wireless controller until Wii/PS3 arrived on the market just shows us that it's just for the Green.

Rianoa
09-15-2007, 10:59 PM

ffX was made in 2003 and then ff1-2 wich was a huge disapointment its so cheesy cant wait though for XII

Dragonsoul
09-16-2007, 01:26 AM
FF X was Dec 2001
FF XI was Oct 2003(PC version)
FF X-2 was Nov 2003
FF VII: DoG was Aug 2006
FF XII was Oct 2006

Which game is the best? I like FF X best. I'm excited about FF XII: RW on November 20th! :)

Rianoa
09-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Which game is the best? I like FF X best. I'm excited about FF XII: RW on November 20th! :)[/quote]

Same FFX rocks ive only just started on XII they hav changed to much for my liking i like the game play of X cause you can just leave them in battle.:D

Hyperion4444
09-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Remember how Japan's release date is always 4 months before an N/A release...
Welcome back to reality.

tidus_rox
09-19-2007, 02:11 PM
For me it's not going to be a long wait (even if it gets released by the end of 2009 in Europe) because i have many FF's and other games that i want to play/finish!;)
Although when SE starts to throw us more promotional stuff (screenshots,videos) the waiting will start to get real hard.

I promised myself that I would not look at those pictures/videos however I have managed to see everyone that is released ;)

*sigh* Yeah, its pretty much impossible for it not to get pushed back. Its only 13% done and they have been working on it for like... a year? Oh well, this one is going to be so amazingly awsome. I am like doubly phycked for this one than I was for XII.
From what we have been seeing, I believe that Lightning (if that's her name) will be the charater that the magority of the story will be based around, however that Joshua Ritz (or whatever his name is) might control the bulk of the story... who knows?

I wish square would give us more info!! Actually, no I don't because then the wait would seem exruciatingly long.... :mad:

Love ya, Square!

Jessweeee♪
09-19-2007, 11:06 PM
I think they actually said something about delaying the release because of the high price on the PS3 awhile back....but of course I don't think that will be necessary with all the time it's gonna take for them to develop the game :P

Dragonsoul
09-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Same FFX rocks ive only just started on XII they hav changed to much for my liking i like the game play of X cause you can just leave them in battle.:D[/QUOTE]

Are you getting FF XII: RW on the day it comes out(Nov 20th in Usa) like I am?

Hyperion4444
09-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Squenix's FFXIII is more than 80% finished.
The 13% was just a bad joke of IGN.

Rianoa
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Are you getting FF XII: RW on the day it comes out(Nov 20th in Usa) like I am?[/quote]

yeh i cant wait :love:

pspkilla
10-07-2007, 02:43 AM
I liked FFX and X-2 they were great. FFXII was also a great game, but i miss the random battles, and the romance too lol. I think they should release anew FF with the old turn based system, and maybe even a job system that would be awesome :P

Vivisteiner
10-07-2007, 01:29 PM
I liked FFX and X-2 they were great. FFXII was also a great game, but i miss the random battles, and the romance too lol. I think they should release anew FF with the old turn based system, and maybe even a job system that would be awesome :P
I cant tell whether you are joking or not. XD.

I strongly, strongly doubt that. Noone knows how much FFXIII has been completed, but its gonna be a long, long time before its released.

pspkilla
10-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I was serious lol, why does everyone hate FFX-2? I loved the battle system, the fast paced turn based system was awesome, it felt more like an action game than an RPG during battles.

Rostum
10-08-2007, 04:48 AM

Provide proof please. You should know better than to post up random information on the Internet, without being able to back it up.

I was serious lol, why does everyone hate FFX-2? I loved the battle system, the fast paced turn based system was awesome, it felt more like an action game than an RPG during battles.

Most people loved the battle system. Everyone hated the cheesy dialogue and poor story.

Hyperion4444
10-08-2007, 10:58 PM

Provide proof please. You should know better than to post up random information on the Internet, without being able to back it up.

Most people loved the battle system. Everyone hated the cheesy dialogue and poor story.

I can't believe you actually believed that FFXIII (13) was 13% completed and FFXIII V (13) was 1.3 %.
Can't you see that was a joke?
They actually say it on their own site!
It's going to be released in 2007, but may get delayed in late March for the N/A release.
So, if they worked on it since 2006, it's got to be ready sometime soon.

Ouch!
10-10-2007, 02:21 AM

I can't believe you actually believed that FFXIII (13) was 13% completed and FFXIII V (13) was 1.3 %.
It's going to be released in 2007, but may get delayed in late March for the N/A release.
Ome never said he believed the 13%. He just told you to provide proof for the statistic you provided, which you still haven't done.

Also, if by some chance FFXIII were to see a 2007 release, a date would have been announced months ago. I wouldn't rule out a Japanese release date of late 2008, but I'm not banking on that as I've heard no evidence suggesting that FFXIII is anywhere near completion.

Rostum
10-10-2007, 02:47 AM

I haven't believed anything you have said, what are you on about? And there you go again, stating a fact which has no proof; that it will be released in 2007.

Yeah, it just has to be. :rolleyes2

silentenigma
10-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 actually wasn't all that bad

rofl

Hyperion4444
10-21-2007, 02:16 PM

I haven't believed anything you have said, what are you on about? And there you go again, stating a fact which has no proof; that it will be released in 2007.

Yeah, it just has to be. :rolleyes2

Oh, you know, I got my sources.
If you don't want to believe me Thomas, then it's up to you.
Thomas: The guy that didn't believe in Jesus unless he sees him.
And he did.

And Final Fantasy might do something it never did before, a Global Release date.
Many Games Are doing the same.
Don't 100% Guaranty 2007 holiday release.
DMC4 has been pushed to February.

Slothy
10-21-2007, 03:20 PM
The current expected release date for FFXIII is sometime in 2008 Hyperion; nothing more concrete than that. FF Versus XIII is expected in 2009. I have no idea where you got this 2007 stuff from but it's a load. Don't believe everything you read on the net unless it's at least from a credible source.

Hyperion4444
10-21-2007, 06:02 PM
The current expected release date for FFXIII is sometime in 2008 Hyperion; nothing more concrete than that. FF Versus XIII is expected in 2009. I have no idea where you got this 2007 stuff from but it's a load. Don't believe everything you read on the net unless it's at least from a credible source.

Like I SAID, I DON'T GUARANTY 2007 RELEASE DATE!!!
2- THEY DON'T HAVE AN OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE!!

Slothy
10-21-2007, 06:48 PM
No they don't have an official release date, which is why they haven't been more specific than 2008 and 2009. Both of which could turn out to be wrong. The point is, based on what Square themselves have said, neither game will be coming out in 2007. As in, there's no chance, not they might.

Hyperion4444
10-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Maybe they'll just come out in 2010!

Nifleheim7
10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Maybe they'll just come out in 2010!

In Europe.
Square Enix "loves" Europe.:rolleyes2

Hyperion4444
10-22-2007, 02:24 AM
You did knew I was sarcastic

Nah, all compagnies are now forced to add different laguage included in their new releases. As such, results in WW releases, won't be surprised if N/A gets the game the same time as Europe and Japan.
There was 1 game that was released before N/A, was it CC? Can't remember...

What's great, you'll be able to play the game in English/Français/Espagnol at the very least since it's used in N/A.

Bolivar
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
nothing concrete, but i do remember square-enix execs saying they are trying to get it done for 2008

Hazzard
10-22-2007, 08:53 PM
nothing concrete, but i do remember square-enix execs saying they are trying to get it done for 2008

I'm guessing late 2008 (winter) for the Japanese, early 2009 (January - March) for North Americans and Summer time (May - August) for Europeans in 2009...:rolleyes2

Nifleheim7
10-22-2007, 09:38 PM
You did knew I was sarcastic

Yeah,although i wasn't.

I will not let myself believe anything that says "earlier than 2009" because in the end i know i'll be dissapointed...Unless of course it's from the official mouth of Square Enix.

Bolivar
10-24-2007, 02:00 AM

I'm guessing late 2008 (winter) for the Japanese, early 2009 (January - March) for North Americans and Summer time (May - August) for Europeans in 2009...:rolleyes2

they've been coming out fall in US so i'm hopin for that again this time.

Hyperion4444
10-26-2007, 01:32 AM

they've been coming out fall in US so i'm hopin for that again this time.

All new PS3 games gets same date release (or within 2 days due to shipment)
There's no more monthly differences anymore, reason why it takes more time, especially with voices.

Won't be 4 Months later like you're commonly used to.
(Just look at Metal Gear Solid said same day WW release,
while others just comes in when the shipment arrives.)
Also, N/A will surely get English/French/Spanish at the very least as Language options all compagnies are obligated to do.

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 01:25 AM
I hope it comes out soon it will give me somthing to do 12 and 7 i cant seem to make a ocean Chocobo. they have changed 12 too much many ppl hate the random battles but it was part of FF for me they were fun!

GIVE BACK THE RANDOM BATTLES :mad2:

tidus_rox
11-25-2007, 02:37 AM
The random battles are not coming back...

But I heard you can now engage in battles with your airship! I can't wait for this game! I don't see why people think XII is so bad... I love it! They are all worried that Square is going to make FF XIII like XII but if they do... I will enjoy it! I would like more story, though...

I can't wait for this game! If it doesn't have a 2008 release, however, I will flip!