PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 3

samboo1
08-07-2007, 06:09 PM
"The Sims 3
The Sims 3 (working title) was announced in November of 2006 and will be released in the end of 2008 in the USA and in 2009 in other regions"

From the Wikipedia article on The Sims.

I doubt I am not the only one annoyed at the fact that a more improved Sims is being released when ive bought The Sims 2 and all expansion packs? It's even more annoying than when Sims 2 was released, as The regular Sims could of done with an improvement. But to be honest, I dont know how they can hugely add things to The Sims 3, and ill be interested to know what's gonna be included in it.
It wouldnt be so bad, it's just I think The Sims are expensive for what they are, maybe not the actual game, but the expansion packs, really rip people off, and I assume they will be for The Sims 3 too.

Bah! :mad2:

Thoughts?

Odaisé Gaelach
08-07-2007, 06:18 PM
It depends on what they add, I think. The Sims 2 introduced a new 3D engine that wasn't there in the Sims - that was a big improvement, of course.

I suppose it depends on what new things they actually add, and if they make it worth buying the Sims 3.

Flying Mullet
08-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I use the Sims to live lives that I would never live, like using cheats to give myself over one million dollars, build a killer bachelor pad and then create more families of all women in the neighborhood and have huge parties at my house.

I have no care to play the game properly as I have enough in real life to worry about without sending my Sim to the bathroom to poop and making small talk with random people to make friends so I can make an extra $10 a day. How boring.

Jessweeee♪
08-07-2007, 09:18 PM
My God...I bought The Sims 2 the month it was released, and I didn't get to play it until last February!!! THIS ANGERS ME SO :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I have no expansion packs and I'm satisfied with my game. I wouldn't mind getting Nightlife, though.

scrumpleberry
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Guh,

One of the reasons I didn't bother buying the expansions...oh, I dunnoes...I guess, like you said, it depends what they do with it.

Edit: Pfft. Apparently they are also making a movie. XD

samboo1
08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Pfft. Apparently they are also making a movie

A Sims movie? That's funny, I wonder what it would be like!

I suppose it depends on what new things they actually add, and if they make it worth buying the Sims 3.
And yeah I agree with that.

Shlup
08-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I think I'm going to go with my new tradition of only buying even numbered Sims games and pirating odd-numbered ones. I already have like a billion and five gigs dedicated to Sims 2.

Flying Mullet
08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Pretty boring considering it's an "everyday life" simulation engine.

Slothy
08-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Pretty boring considering it's an "everyday life" simulation engine.

It's likely the sort of thing that will never actually come out, but Hollywood was bound to try. The Sims was the best selling PC game of all time afterall.

Heath
08-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I've never been a huge fan of expansion packs really, though I don't have the problem with the odd one or two but there just seems to be a ridiculous amount for The Sims. Although I haven't played The Sims since Livin' It Up came out (first expansion pack), I can help but feel that Maxim are ripping people off a bit with some of the when they could possibly have been included with the main game itself. But alas, Maxim is a company wanting money.

Don't see how a Sims film could work but that's just me, so it'll be interseting to see what, if anything, comes of it.

Slothy
08-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I can help but feel that Maxim are ripping people off a bit with some of the when they could possibly have been included with the main game itself. But alas, Maxim is a company wanting money.

Well they are owned by EA. I suppose we shouldn't expect anymore from them.

Markus. D
08-10-2007, 11:51 AM
A movie filled with:

"Vibla bleh bluh... oh heheheh bleh svit heem" or whatever.

O____o

Speaking of Jeswee~ Check out her Sims 2 Videos :D They have FFVII characters~ oooooh....

Peegee
08-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Flying Muppet's (not a typo) Sims playing hilarity style is going to be appropriated by the pg

Now if I actually had Sims installed...

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I love their sense of humor, if they're making a movie, I'd totally watch it n.n