PDA

View Full Version : Civilization II

nik0tine
08-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Does anyone other than me still play this game? I've been playing it like crazy lately. I've wasted whole days on it, as pathetic as that is. It's definetly worth picking up if you get the chance. It's only a 60 something megabyte download.

Also, for anyone that would like to play this game online with me, I will be more than happy to help you obtain a copy of the game.

edczxcvbnm
08-08-2007, 12:10 AM
I have a copy downloaded some where. I thought the file size was smaller than 60MB. Like...40 or 20?

Totally awesome game. I never felt truly compelled to get Civ3 or Civ4.

starseeker
08-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I play it now and again, since I found the original CD, I remember the first game, that was so long ago.

Madame Adequate
08-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Haven't played II in aaaaaaages. I've been all about the Civ IV + Xpacs lately, though :D

Psychotic
08-09-2007, 12:32 AM
I love II much more than I love the rest of the series. In my opinion, it is the very pinnacle. I've actually owned three versions of it: Mac, PC and PS. All of them are a bit different, but they are all beautiful in their own way. :love:

There's just something magical about starting a two thousand year war with the Mongols just because they killed your elephant when you were just trying to explore a new island. Having to drive them out, city by city (my god Communism + Spies + Sabotage = fucking win) until eventually the Celts launch an unprovoked nuke on your homeland, right when you have made six new nukes and countless Armors ready for the final push on the Mongols. Naturally the next course of action is to then ship them all out over the sea to the land of the Celts and nuke all of their cities (using spies too) and use their stupid railway system against them to capture them all and wipe them out.

...what, never happened to you? :p

I had the original Civilization on my Amiga 1200 back in the day and so I guess I've always loved it, even as a little kid.

Goldenboko
08-09-2007, 12:32 AM
I played Civ II til I got Civ III and I'll play Civ III till I get Civ IV. I love the Civ series.

Odaisé Gaelach
08-09-2007, 12:46 AM
I've only played Alpha Centauri, but I absolutely love it. :love:

Madame Adequate
08-09-2007, 03:06 AM
I've only played Alpha Centauri, but I absolutely love it. :love:

Oh God, SMAC is like the best thing ever, and ten million times more addictive than IRL smack.

Germ Hamee
08-09-2007, 09:27 AM
I've only played Civ IV, but my God was that game CRACK. I lost so much sleep conquering the world. It's way too addicting. Eventually it got so unhealthy that I decided that it was essential to destroy my copy. So I did. >.>

escobert
08-11-2007, 12:51 AM
I haven't played II in years but I have it kicking around somewhere. I love II :p

Shoeberto
08-11-2007, 01:15 AM
I've considered downloading Freeciv before, it's supposed to be prettymuch a clone of Civ 2, but I dunno. I have a short attention span when it comes to micromanagement and such.

I Took the Red Pill
08-11-2007, 05:46 AM
Too busy with IV and its expansions to go backwards in time.

Vincent Valentine
08-11-2007, 11:35 AM
You can't really go too far wrong with the Civilisation series. It pretty much set down the template for the genre, and MY GOD is it addctive when you get into.

I've never actually played past the second title though. Nostalgia has me very tightly in its grip with this one.

Ifirit's Fury
08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Civ 2 has probably claimed a month of my life total so far. It's simple yet complex....easy to kill hours and not notice

Hazzard
08-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Hmm, I'm pretty sure this is the series which includes events such as forming your own empire, economizing it with money, foods and obviously waging war against other empowerments for more land? It later evolves into the modern day, is that it?

Ifirit's Fury
08-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Yup that's it. You learn new advancement like the alphabet and capitalism and then use these to crush your enemies :D

fantasyjunkie
08-18-2007, 11:11 PM
That is my all time favorite game of all time and I've been playing games since the days of PONG back in the 70's.
I cannot even count the number of hours and days I spent playing that game. Maybe even months! :eek:

nik0tine
08-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Holy crap I forgot I made this thread. Nice to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't advanced beyond Civ2 yet.

fantasyjunkie
08-25-2007, 09:29 AM
After reading this thread I got the old CIV II urge and started playing again and boy it's hard to stop. :eek:

Nominus Experse
08-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Alpha Centauri is not something to leave for Civilization II, III, IV, or anything else for that matter.