PDA

View Full Version : zalamander help! please!

michelleortner
08-07-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm playing FFX-2 and I can't beat Zalamander at the thunder plains!
Here's how i stand:

Yuna - lv.33
Rikku - lv.34
Paine - lv.34

garment grids:
first steps
bum rush
protection halo
hour of need
unwavering gaurd
still of night
healing wind
heart reborn
healing light
stonehewn
black tabard
unerring path

Dresspheres
gunner
gun mage
marrior
samuri
songstress
black mage
white mage
theif
floral fallal
machina maw

one more thing, for some reason i can't use floral fallal or machina maw.. i'm freaking out and have tried so many times in the past two days
i've even used the lure band to train on the plains.. i need help soo badly!! please please please help!

Markus. D
08-07-2007, 11:51 PM
If you are finding Zalamander hard, Bassically just grind.

For simplicity use any possible break you have learned as a Warrior take make the battle easier (Or better yes, If you are not using the whitemage, use a songstress instead of the warrior for buffs through singing and dancing).

And only use Special Dresses in a boss fight once you have unlocked there signature attacks (Aka. Great Whirl etc...).

Use quick attacks (Non thief if possible) to get an almost continuous damage against the foe (Or, substitute this for your White Mage).

Have the girl with your highest exp spam the gunshot that deals damage based on gained Exp (it's fantastic).

Just grind really, shouldn't be to much (Level 35?).

BG-57
08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Try equipping Yuna and Rikku with the Unerring Path GG (it has only two slots). Then try out a random encounter and switch from the initial DS to the second DS, then hit L1 to get the menu, hit R1 to get the option of Floral Fallal or Machina Maw. Hit X to confirm.

Tiamat3710
10-13-2007, 05:01 PM
what dresspheres are you using and no offence but iwas lv34 before the fight with dark bahaumaut just grind grind grind