PDA

View Full Version : Lois & Clark or Smallville?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Which tv series do you like better Lois & Clark or Smallville? I heard somebody say that Lois & Clark is like Smallville but with more romance and less action.

The Mog Ninja
08-08-2007, 03:38 AM
Smallville looks bad, never heard of Lois & Clark, but I might start watching Heroes (going along with the superhero theme)

Slothy
08-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Let's see; I love Lois & Clark, despite it's campyness (especially towards the end), and I love Smallville, despite it's tendency to resort to "villain of the week" tactics, and the writers apparent unwillingness to simply kill off Lana for good. I think Lois & Clark was a good portrayal of the two title characters after Superman, while Smallville is a pretty good take on many of these characters pre Man of Steel. Well, I'd say you've finally come up with a poll I can't make a clear cut decision on.

Shoeberto
08-08-2007, 05:38 AM
Lois and Clark wins for me because of how incredibly campy it is. It's hilarious to watch nowadays.

Vermachtnis
08-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Never actually watched a full episode of Smallvile, I'm gonna say Lois and Clark. I use to watch that every week.

Ramza Beoulve
08-08-2007, 06:19 AM
I'll go with Smallville, I'm quite fond of some quotes on that series

LunarWeaver
08-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I loved Lois and Clark ;_; Smallville was better to me overall, though. At its peak, they were like miniature movies. Unfortunately, it eventually dissolved into an on-again-off-again neverending drama between Clark and Lana that was so tiresome I couldn't stand to watch it anymore. I quit a few seasons ago.

Zante
08-08-2007, 09:31 AM
I never liked Superman much, Clark is fine though, so I go with Smallville.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-10-2007, 02:57 AM
What's so great about Smallville? I liked Lois & Clark because Dean Cain played a better Clark Kent LONG before Brandon Routh ever did.

Madame Adequate
08-10-2007, 03:11 AM
I've never seen Lois and Clark, but it looks crap. Whilst that may be good for lulz, I'm actually a fan of Smallville, so that gets my vote.

Fonzie
08-10-2007, 03:13 AM
I've never seen Lois and Clark, but it looks crap. Whilst that may be good for lulz, I'm actually a fan of Smallville, so that gets my vote.

Aye.

Peegee
08-10-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm biased against smallville, but I've never understood smallville either (I'm sure it makes sense chronologically, using the 'clark knew luthor senior' storyline).

I haven't followed it so I don't know why Lana has to die :p

I've always liked Lois & Clark. The campiness is fine.

Breine
08-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Lois & Clark is quite suck-y. Smallville is very well made and is actually also a pretty interesting show.. so yeah. Plus, Kristin Kreuk is hawt.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
08-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I haven't followed it so I don't know why Lana has to die :p

huge spoiler lol lana got with lex, lana was "pregnant", lana married lex, lana found out lex orchesrated a fake pregnancy to make her marry him, lana found out and left lex and BOOM her car blew!

thats the short of it

oh yea....my pick would be smallville lol!

Peegee
08-10-2007, 05:02 PM
I was told when the series was new that it's a redux of superman back when he was a kid. I now remember why I hated the premise.

Ew.

Slothy
08-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Really though, Lana is the only thing I hate about that show. The relationship was interesting until she broke up with Clark as a way of showing how hiding his powers to keep friends and family safe could ruin relationships and such. After that though they started to take the whole love triangle places even this long tim comic fan finds tough to swallow. I still love the show, but enough is enough already. Lana needs to go. Unfortunately I doubt she actually died when her car exploded. It was too obvious since you never see her even get in the vehicle.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-11-2007, 03:15 AM
You guys still haven't answered my question WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT SMALLVILLE? Because IMHO it's nothing special.

LunarWeaver
08-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Maybe you should consider the question of why you make threads asking something only to say "No, no, you're all wrong 'coz it actually sucks" later on in it. You seem awfully obsessed with all this stuff for hating it so much.

People shouldn't have to explain and justify why they like something, they just do, you know, man? :(

Shlup
08-11-2007, 03:33 AM
I loved Lois & Clark when I was a kid. Smallville is okay. I hate the Lois in Smallville though.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2007, 04:25 AM
People shouldn't have to explain and justify why they like something, they just do, you know, man? :(

So...for example you like pizza just because you do? And you have no idea why you like it? lol!:)

Albel
08-12-2007, 04:53 AM
Isn't Lois and Clark called the Adventures of superman, well it doesn't matter because Smallville great. And its cool how they put other future super hero's on like Aqua Lad and Cyborg.

Slothy
08-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Isn't Lois and Clark called the Adventures of superman, well it doesn't matter because Smallville great. And its cool how they put other future super hero's on like Aqua Lad and Cyborg.

That was Aquaman. Aqualad is someone else.

As for the pizza thing; I like pizza because it tastes good. It's a bad analogy since I can't tell you why it tastes good, it just does. I like Smallville because, for the most part, the characters and villians are interesting (with the exception of Lana as I said earlier). It's cool to see something that deals with Clark's younger years and what happens in his life to lead him to becoming Superman.

Zante
08-12-2007, 08:22 AM
You guys still haven't answered my question WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT SMALLVILLE? Because IMHO it's nothing special.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it great, though I think its better or on par with most similiar series. I can't think of a single reason why it is great, I just like it.

So...for example you like pizza just because you do? And you have no idea why you like it?

Why do you like pizza then? (assuming you do)

Polaris
08-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I just enjoyed two episodes of Smallville, I'm not a great fan of superman story! -.-" I remember watching some images of Lois&Clark and they look better than the actors on Smallville!

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2007, 05:47 PM
As for the pizza thing; I like pizza because it tastes good.

Why do you like pizza then? (assuming you do)

I wasn't talking to you guys I was talking to the person with the weird anime avatar.

Slothy
08-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Doesn't mean we can't answer too. Besides, Pizza is my favourite food. :D

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2007, 10:04 PM
I like pizza because it tastes good but I don't like just any pizza...I hate the pizzas from the super market because they're really thin. Anyway the pizza analogy was the only thing I could think of.

Shiny
08-12-2007, 10:36 PM
I dislike both, but if I had to choose (which I do) I'd go for Lois and Clarke. Dean Cain makes a better Superman in my opinion. Both Dean Cain and Tom Welling are both attractive, so it doesn't really matter.