PDA

View Full Version : Shaved, Trimmed, or Unshaved? (To Girls)

CloudDragon
08-08-2007, 06:55 AM
So girls, what do you think about facial hair on men?

A nice bearded guy, a clean and trim shave, or a complete shave?

Guys you can answer too if you like on your own preference.

Araciel
08-08-2007, 07:00 AM
i think you'll find most girls around here would prefer clean shaven or a little bit....girls seem to only like a bit of hair, it's not until they're older that they get used to men being hairy.

also i keep clean shaven because i can't usually grow much...but i've started keeping a modest chinstrap lately and it looks ok.

rubah
08-08-2007, 07:12 AM
I tried to get stu to grow a beard, and just when it was starting to get cute, he left my influence and shaved it off!

at least it hurt him terribly! Serves you right stu for going against my wishes!

CloudDragon
08-08-2007, 07:15 AM
No more kissies on video after that stunt.

LunarWeaver
08-08-2007, 07:19 AM
I am not a fan of beards at all. I like them totally shaved. It's slick, man!

Kirobaito
08-08-2007, 07:20 AM
I have a beard on my chin.

Wizdumb
08-08-2007, 07:27 AM
I wish I was allowed to have a beard. :(

Miriel
08-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Always always shaved.

Kikyo
08-08-2007, 07:33 AM
mutton chop sideburns make my heart melt. :love:

Xaven
08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
On me, clean shaved is the only way to go. :P

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-08-2007, 09:24 AM
The last two girls I dated enjoyed a bit of stubble, but not much more than that.

When not in a relationship, my facial hair state tends to be a war between my laziness and my dislike of my face being itchy.

persephonehermione
08-08-2007, 09:27 AM
My boyfriend used to have a goatee thing happening....no, it didn't go down too well. I couldn't take him seriously!

Overall though, clean-shaven is preferred, although a little bit of stubble is ok. Depends on whether or not the hair is hard i.e. scratchy. But it can give a rugged type of feel.

So overall, clean shaven is nice, but I like a man with abit of ruggedness (i.e. little bit of hair).

Persephone Hermione x

Captain Maxx Power
08-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Given the fact that I only grow hair on the bottom of my freakin chin I can't grow a beard to be liked/disliked at all. The frustrating part is that it grows incredibly fast, so I have to constantly shave to keep it short which causes no end of "redneck".

Shlup
08-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't really care what it is, as long as it looks good. My husband recently grew a full beard and people keep asking me why I don't "make him" shave it, but I like it. I especially like it when he rubs it on me. :} It's not itchy like everyone assumes.

Anaisa
08-08-2007, 11:06 AM
A complete shave of course.
i think you'll find most girls around here would prefer clean shaven or a little bit....girls seem to only like a bit of hair, it's not until they're older that they get used to men being hairy.When their old enough that their standards drop considerably.

Heath
08-08-2007, 11:14 AM
i think you'll find most girls around here would prefer clean shaven or a little bit....girls seem to only like a bit of hair, it's not until they're older that they get used to men being hairy.When their old enough that their standards drop considerably.

Good to know there's a tiny bit of hope for everyone after all.

I much prefer to be clean shaven myself, because my facial hair just looks a complete mess any other way.

Jojee
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Shaved, but... <i>able</i> to grow facial hair. ;) There's a distinction.

A bit of a stubble is okay.

Burtsplurt
08-08-2007, 11:25 AM
I usually have stubble. I don't really like having a smooth face, and it really starts to annoy me if I grow it for more than a few days.

Polaris
08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
A nice bearded guy

That'll work for me! :tongue:

Bunny
08-08-2007, 12:34 PM
My girlfriend likes how I look with a bit of stubble, but she hates it because he scratches her face and leaves marks. She has very sensitive skin. =(

Rocket Edge
08-08-2007, 01:36 PM
I keep myself clean shaven, although I think it looks cool to have facial hair on other lads.

Comet
08-08-2007, 03:17 PM
I am growing a beard ;)

edczxcvbnm
08-08-2007, 03:29 PM
my facial hair state tends to be a war between my laziness and my dislike of my face being itchy.

Quoted for the mother fucking truth!

Værn
08-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Half beards ftw! (http://hurtyelbow.typepad.com/hurtyelbow/2007/07/half-beards.html)

Breine
08-08-2007, 03:54 PM
The last two girls I dated enjoyed a bit of stubble, but not much more than that.

When not in a relationship, my facial hair state tends to be a war between my laziness and my dislike of my face being itchy.

Haha XD

It's the exact same war my facial hair goes through. I usually only shave once a week, so my face is almost always stubble-y.

kikimm
08-08-2007, 03:57 PM
My girlfriend likes how I look with a bit of stubble, but she hates it because he scratches her face and leaves marks. She has very sensitive skin. =(

That's pretty much how I am. I like the look of stubble, or a not-quite-beard, but it just hurts and gives me a rash. :p Sometimes I decide to just deal with it.

Rase
08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Answering on behalf of a friend I asked, beards are okay as long as they are kept short and trim.

Zeldy
08-08-2007, 04:28 PM
I think it depends on the guy. Some suit it, and some really do not. I prefer clean shaven though :p

Araciel
08-08-2007, 04:50 PM

when they're old enough to accept that no matter what they think of their womanly advice, a man is only going to change his appearance to suit what women want so much. we're lazy creatures, and facial hair will grow....aside from some few races of people.

Anaisa
08-08-2007, 05:17 PM

when they're old enough to accept that no matter what they think of their womanly advice, a man is only going to change his appearance to suit what women want so much. we're lazy creatures, and facial hair will grow....aside from some few races of people.That doesn't take females long to accept. An a smart woman would just beat him at his own game, an tell him if he can be a hairy beast, so can she. Their not going to stay hairy faced, if it means their girlfriend is going to be hairy legged.

Bunny
08-08-2007, 05:26 PM
No, see, then it becomes a waiting game. My girlfriend demands I shave everytime we see each other. I hate shaving though because it is boring and when I am on vacation, I don't want to shave, I do that enough for work. She told me that if I don't shave, she won't shave her legs. I told her "Fine, don't."

It took her about five minutes to give in. I laughed at her, said "Don't play my games". I eventually shaved the next day though.

Girls will typically give in before guys will. Simply because girls value their appearance more and hairy legs do not feel good in the typical jeans that girls wear.

Anaisa
08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
No, see, then it becomes a waiting game. My girlfriend demands I shave everytime we see each other. I hate shaving though because it is boring and when I am on vacation, I don't want to shave, I do that enough for work. She told me that if I don't shave, she won't shave her legs. I told her "Fine, don't."

It took her about five minutes to give in. I laughed at her, said "Don't play my games". I eventually shaved the next day though.

Girls will typically give in before guys will. Simply because girls value their appearance more and hairy legs do not feel good in the typical jeans that girls wear.Your girlfriend just gave in too easy. It's not playing the game, if you give in before it's began. An the jean hair thing I don't understand. A woman's hair would have to be pretty thick before she could feel it whilst in clothes! She'd have to be coated like a dog for that!

CloudDragon
08-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Mine grows in patches. Once it gets to a certain length it just looks ridiculous so I'm usually clean shaved. I do prefer a bit of a trimmed one though.

Bunny
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
She understands me. That is why she gave in so easily. We play the game with a lot of things, both of us hanging on as long as we need for the other one to give up. She knows that I won't concede on certain things first, so it is just easier to give up immediatley rather than have it drag on. She also knows that I'll eventually shave after the game is up, simply because it makes her happy. Our relationship is full of joking competitions like that.

Fonzie
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I look like Grizzly Adams.

Shoeberto
08-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I tried to get stu to grow a beard, and just when it was starting to get cute, he left my influence and shaved it off!

at least it hurt him terribly! Serves you right stu for going against my wishes!
;.;
I might try it again when school starts up! Then I could fit in with philosophy kids!

That doesn't take females long to accept. An a smart woman would just beat him at his own game, an tell him if he can be a hairy beast, so can she. Their not going to stay hairy faced, if it means their girlfriend is going to be hairy legged.
Sweeping Assumption That Every Woman Should Share Your Opinion C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Mine grows in patches. Once it gets to a certain length it just looks ridiculous so I'm usually clean shaved. I do prefer a bit of a trimmed one though.
That's the problem I ran into. Some spots were a little thick, but there were random spots where it just wouldn't grow. It was kinda yuck.

Vikeve
08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I think it depends on the guy. Some suit it, and some really do not. I prefer clean shaven though :p

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way.

rubah
08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I tried giving stu the 'I'm tired of shaving my legs' shpiel, but he just threatened to shave his head if I gave it up:]

anaisa, I think you have a hair phobia or something. I dont' think letting guys have facial hair is standards dropping. My dad shaved everyday back when he worked at a food processing plant (but kept a moustache) and the day he quit was the day he started growing a beard and he's had one ever since then. I can't imagine my dad without a beard, really.

Besides, RSL's beard made him quite fetching, I think!

Heck, even the bible thinks that guys should have long flowing beards! It's the way that guys seem inclined to grow, so it can't be too bad. Maybe you should start appreciating natural things and let your leg hair grow even if you're not making a statement.

Anaisa
08-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Sweeping Assumption That Every Woman Should Share Your Opinion C-C-COMBO BREAKERDozy assumption based on your inability to read posts properly. Look again:
when they're old enough to accept that no matter what they think of their womanly advice, a man is only going to change his appearance to suit what women want so much. we're lazy creatures, and facial hair will grow....aside from some few races of people.My post responded to this one. The sort of women that are mentioned in that post, were the same sort of women I was referring to in my post. So it's not an assumption every woman agrees with me, I'm referring to a certain group of women, that do agree with me.

I tried giving stu the 'I'm tired of shaving my legs' shpiel, but he just threatened to shave his head if I gave it up:]You don't have another threat to counter that one?

anaisa, I think you have a hair phobia or something. I dont' think letting guys have facial hair is standards dropping. My dad shaved everyday back when he worked at a food processing plant (but kept a moustache) and the day he quit was the day he started growing a beard and he's had one ever since then. I can't imagine my dad without a beard, really. If a woman had hairy legs, most men would look upon that badly, an nobody would think that was weird. If I say I look upon men having facial hair badly, that's considered to be weird. Because society has taught people it's ok for men to have a hairy face, but not for women to have hairy legs. I make up my own mind.

Besides, RSL's beard made him quite fetching, I think!I've just thought of what you can counter threaten the shaved head with! Tell him if he shaves his head, you're going to start wearing an RSL style stick on beard, because you think it'd make you look quite fetching.

Heck, even the bible thinks that guys should have long flowing beards! It's the way that guys seem inclined to grow, so it can't be too bad. Maybe you should start appreciating natural things and let your leg hair grow even if you're not making a statement. No way! I wouldn't even let my hair grow for a statement. My threaten men with hairy leggedness game, is not something I need to practice. I appreciate nice natural things, like animals. Not horrible natural things, like human leg hair.

rubah
08-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Nice natural. And who is the definer of that, you?

Bunny
08-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Anaisa is the Definer of All. The Keeper of Knowledge.

Anaisa
08-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Nice natural. And who is the definer of that, you?:lol: I'm expressing my own opinion. I would have thought that was obvious. If I say somethings nice, it means I think it's nice. That's not straightforward enough for you?

Shiny
08-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I like beards on some guys, but I hate stubble. It hurts.

Discord
08-08-2007, 08:39 PM
My boss will execute me on spot if I don't shave. =D

fallen_angel9000
08-08-2007, 08:50 PM
So girls, what do you think about facial hair on men?

A nice bearded guy, a clean and trim shave, or a complete shave?

Guys you can answer too if you like on your own preference.

umm... i'd have to say either a clean and trim shave or a complete shave.

Resha
08-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Clean-shaven, but I like the feel of stubble. There's something so manly about it ^_^

I don't really like moustaches on anybody but Stalin and my dad. And Hitler, coz his was funny.

Freya
08-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I like clean shaven but I also like the goatee thing. Full beards are a no no.

Xander
08-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I love facial hair on a guy! mostly a nice beard but a bit more can be ok too! yeah stubble does kinda suck but fur is like niceeee to stroke hehe. I think some hair is natural so I like it cos of that I think... I influenced my boy to grow beard but I think he liked it :D (though he shaves it completely when it starts getting too long xD)

Miriel
08-08-2007, 09:52 PM
She told me that if I don't shave, she won't shave her legs. I told her "Fine, don't."

Hahaha. I've made that exact threat to my boyfriend before. And he's given me the exact same response. xD

daggertrepe
08-08-2007, 10:28 PM
I think a little bit of stubble is manly and sexy, but I'd rather have him shaved. :)

rubah
08-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Nice natural. And who is the definer of that, you?:lol: I'm expressing my own opinion. I would have thought that was obvious. If I say somethings nice, it means I think it's nice. That's not straightforward enough for you?
Having an opinion is all nice and well, but you tend to speak vehemently against those who don't share it, which isn't nice or well.

Bunny
08-09-2007, 01:45 AM
She told me that if I don't shave, she won't shave her legs. I told her "Fine, don't."

Hahaha. I've made that exact threat to my boyfriend before. And he's given me the exact same response. xD

Actually, I stand corrected. She just said she "wouldn't shave". No specific area named. :P

Anaisa
08-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Having an opinion is all nice and well, but you tend to speak vehemently against those who don't share it, which isn't nice or well.You've failed to notice the large number of people that vehemently disagree with me? How often do you see me go into a thread an start challenging peoples opinions from the off? Rather than me posting an opinion, an then lots of people complaining about it because they don't share that opinion? It's the latter that happens.

Madame Adequate
08-09-2007, 03:14 AM
Clean-shaven tends to be better.

Shlup
08-09-2007, 03:20 AM

My skin is like that too. It's one of the reasons I like BJ's beard--now that it's longer, it's softer. Even when he'd shave he uses an electric razor so it still wouldn't be smooth enough.

Araciel
08-09-2007, 03:22 AM
i just discovered i have a few stray red hairs in my beard...must be from the scottish part of me...and so i am changing to clean-shaven all the way.

CloudDragon
08-09-2007, 05:04 AM
My hair has always been fairly long for the last couple of years. My stance is when I'm able to grow a decent beard I'll leave my hair shorter. Although a long hair and sweet beard would probably look awesome.

Slade
08-09-2007, 10:17 AM
I have the thickest pair of handlebars ya' ever did see.

Rye
08-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I like stubbly beardiness, but my boyfriend always shaves when it starts looking really cute. >;[

xXsarahXx
08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Im inbetween stubbliness and clean shaven.
Beards are a big no-no, if my fiance came home with a beard, id have to call off our wedding!!
I like it when he cant be assed to shave for a few days and it looks cute :D Andrew keeps it for a while and then just gets rid of it, but he looks sexy clean shaven too! so i have the best of both really!

Jess
08-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't like full-on beards. I don't mind whether my boyfriend is completely shaven and soft, or a bit stubbly. There is one point of stubble that I hate though, and that is the point before it becomes fuzzy and it is all stabby and ow on my face when I get kisses. :jess:

Renmiri
08-09-2007, 06:17 PM
A neat and trimmed goatee is TEH SEXXORZZZ :love:

But my hubby always shaves it off because my daughters like daddy smooth baby face :( I should have had only boys! ;)

CloudDragon
08-09-2007, 11:44 PM
What's the big deal with beards girls?

Levian
08-09-2007, 11:53 PM
I think of my beard as an extension of my soul. Cutting it would be like suicide, or something.

Grazia
08-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Clean shaven please, tho a bit of stubble is ok I guess...

Iceglow
08-10-2007, 02:09 AM
I've grown several goatees in the past, it never takes me long, I've toyed with some of the different styles of goatee in the past too (but always get too lazy for meticulous maintenance even though I'm vain I just can't shave all the damn time, sensitive skin an all) I remember Ewa saw a pic of me with a goatee and ripped in to me, she doesn't seem to mind mild stubble but goatees are definitely out.

Also if I don't shave, I look like a hobo/fisherman (especially in winter where I wear turtle neck jumpers 90% of the time and my sole hoody the rest of the time my mates in college used to comment saying I looked like Captain Birdseye, when they went for that young one lol) so I try and keep it clean shaven but as stated I have sensitive skin that dislikes being shaved every day so I shave smooth every couple of days.

Anon
08-10-2007, 05:57 AM
...this thread title is misleading

Spammerman
08-10-2007, 06:25 AM
...this thread title is misleading

im assumed it was intended.

Quindiana Jones
08-10-2007, 08:49 AM
My face is aerodynamic, usually. I'm gonna grow a "wee little chin beardie" now though. It'll look good with the hair I'm trying to grow.