PDA

View Full Version : What was the last play you saw?

Rengori
08-08-2007, 07:26 AM
So, what was the last play you saw?

NOTE: SCHOOL PLAYS ONLY COUNT IF IT WASN'T MANDATORY

The last play I saw was Little Shop of Horrors. The animatronic singing Audrey II(s) was freakin' awesome.

Markus. D
08-08-2007, 07:41 AM
I havent seen one in years.

"The Bridge is out"

Araciel
08-08-2007, 08:14 AM
matching your criteria for non-mandatory, i haven't

Kirobaito
08-08-2007, 09:34 AM
If I remember correctly, it was The Lion King, when it was in Denver, Colorado. This would have been in 2002.

Wolf Kanno
08-08-2007, 09:49 AM
My sister's play. It was at my old college about two months ago I believe. It was a special where they did a series of short plays chosen from aspiring playwrights. Before that was when I went out with the family to watch Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat... It was a cute play tand the production was quite impressive but I can't say I've ever been fond of the story of Joseph from the Bible.

I've also had the chance to watch a production of the Little Shop of Horrors and must say it was pretty damn bad ass. I still love that dentist...

LunarWeaver
08-08-2007, 09:51 AM
I have only been to one play in my whole life. I quit paying attention halfway through and don't remember any of it or the title. I will never go to a play again. It was like watching a musical except worse, and I never thought that was possible. Afterwards, I drank a lot of acid and made a dramatic post about it like the ridiculous man I am.

Rengori
08-08-2007, 09:55 AM
I have only been to one play in my whole life. I quit paying attention halfway through and don't remember any of it or the title. I will never go to a play again. It was like watching a musical except worse, and I never thought that was possible. Afterwards, I drank a lot of acid and made a dramatic post about it like the ridiculous man I am.

Was it Rent?

LunarWeaver
08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh, no, this was a few years back. Unless Rent (or "Everybody and Their Uncle has AIDS" as I call it) has been around for a while, I actually don't know. I was pestered into watching some of the Rent movie and I was really bored, though, so the play won't be getting any of my fine lovin'. Mine was about war...or something.

When I tell people I hate musicals, opera, and plays, they always call me uncultured and make me feel bad. I wish I liked them so I could wear a tuxedo and finally regain my self-esteem.

Rengori
08-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Rent's been around for a while, my sister dragged us all to see it a few years ago. Me and my mom left before intermission. My dad was forced to watch the play.

Wait, isn't "Everyone and their Uncle has AIDS" what they called it in Team America?

The Mog Ninja
08-08-2007, 10:20 AM
The one that doesn't exist.

Burtsplurt
08-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Alice In Wonderland. I left at the interval as it was freaking me out. I really didn't like it at all.

persephonehermione
08-08-2007, 11:22 AM
on stage the last one I saw would've been Starlight Express: The 3rd Dimension!

I love musicals and plays :p

Last one on film would've been Hairspray! Another classic one!

I like Rent though............................

...........................Am I the only one??

Persephone Hermione x

LunarWeaver
08-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Wait, isn't "Everyone and their Uncle has AIDS" what they called it in Team America?

I've never seen Team America, but if I quoted it without knowing, I am officially completely awesome.

Bunny
08-08-2007, 12:40 PM
The Wizard of Oz. Saw it back in November, my girlfriend was in it.

Cz
08-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I think it must have been Antony and Cleopatra a few months ago, starring Patrick Stewart. Even though I didn't know the play very well, it was a great show, with the music standing out in particular. I'm off to see the Monty Python musical, Spamalot, tomorrow, which ought to be a lot of fun. Normally musicals bore me, but there was no way I was going to miss anything Python-related that was on at the West End.

Rengori
08-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm off to see the Monty Python musical, Spamalot, tomorrow, which ought to be a lot of fun.

You lucky bastard. :mad2:

Disco Potato
08-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I saw "Flowers for Algernon" at my high school last year. It was a great play, and the acting was wonderful for high school standards.

Rent's been around for a while, my sister dragged us all to see it a few years ago. Me and my mom left before intermission. My dad was forced to watch the play.

In Team America, "Rent" was called "Lease" or something like that, and it had a song called "Everyone has AIDS" :p

I like Rent too, although some of the characters annoy me :p

Odaisé Gaelach
08-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Hamlet. That was three years ago, I think. It was okay.

EDIT: Or maybe it was Juno and the Paycock. I dunno. Both were three years ago anyway.

Resha
08-08-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm off to see the Monty Python musical, Spamalot, tomorrow, which ought to be a lot of fun.

QFT x 13783.

Uhm; I guess it was "Falling Leaves". This thing about AIDs victims written and performed by AIDs victims themselves. It wasn't very good theatrically, although the message was beautiful.

The last BEST piece of theatre I've seen was this thing called "Don't Look Back" a few months ago. It was promenade theatre and ohhhh :heart: It was loosely based on this ancient Greek myth and they made us walk all around this abandoned hotel (which they'd done up) and different rooms would have different scenes. It was just breathtaking. I've never been so moved by a piece of theatre in my whole life :cry:

One of the BEST scenes that comes to mind now is when we walked (without guides and in groups of three) into this small dark room, and all of a sudden there's light from above us, and we realise we're actually standing in what's supposed to represent a coffin, and the light comes because the guy above has just lifted the coffin lid. And he's mourning and dropping petals down on us and we're just staring back up at him... jbjewhjw

Shiny
08-08-2007, 10:52 PM

Nope, you aren't the only one.

The last off-Broadway play I went to see was Once Upon a Mattress produced by my school. It wasn't mandatory the third time I went to see it and I loved it so much. Sure, it was done by amateurs, but they hardly seemed like it.

The last on Broadway play/musical was The Lion King a couple years ago; which was also my sixth time seeing it. Though, technically speaking, the most recent was Aida. But I saw it via online streaming.

Ryth
08-08-2007, 10:52 PM

Quoted for insane amounts of truth.

Last play I saw was also my first play, Driving Miss Diasy, it was enjoyable enough, and I think this weekend I'm seeing Little Shop Of Horrors.

rubah
08-09-2007, 01:15 AM
I saw The Woman in Black in London last march. Fantastically frightening :O

Vermachtnis
08-09-2007, 04:18 AM
The last one I saw was "How I Learned to Drive." It wasn't technically manditary if it was for extra credit questions on the final exam, is it?

I want to make it up and see Avenue Q someday.

Peegee
08-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Jane Eyre. Before that Joseph & The Technicolor Dreamcoat, then before that Les Miserables, then before that Phantom of the Opera.

I don't watch plays. I did watch King Lear as a play due to mandatory participation.

Hambone
08-09-2007, 11:44 PM
It was one my sister was in...she played a house...I think...I can't remember...

BG-57
08-10-2007, 03:47 AM
The last musical I saw was Man of La Mancha (before that was Wicked and Spamalot). :D

The last play I was in was the Wizard of Oz (as the title character) in a local church production.

Rostum
08-10-2007, 04:16 AM

I second the luckiness.

Hmm, let me think... It would have to have been Little Britain Live. It was alright. Now that I've moved into the city, I plan to go see a lot more theatre.

Kuroshima
08-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Oliver! It was....decent?

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2007, 05:12 AM
I LOVE theater!!! I totally suck at acting so I always sign up for backstage work. Unfortunately, the only people interested in seeing a play with me are my grandparents, and for some reason we never get around to watching any XD

So...the last play I saw....well, I was in the light booth, so I can say I saw Phantom of the Tollbooth from the same point of view as the audience.

Technically, the last play I saw without doing backstage stuffs was Pom Pom Zombies. The schools were doing the One Act Play Festival, so we got to put on our play and watch the other schools do theirs too n.n

It's a lovely play about....what was it about....well, there were zombie cheerleaders...that's all I remember, but I did like it! Our middle school did it right after that but I was in high school by then so I didn't get to see it ; ;