PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

persephonehermione
08-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Does anyone else feel like this game is ignored in most reviews you read of new Zelda games?

Sure its very old, but it was the very first one I played and got me hooked.

Also in Nintendo magazine it states that link to the past was the first one that used pully's and systems to get through the dungeons. I know that it isn't, I don't know if it was the first, but Links awakening did it before that.

A great game, and sadly overlooked on many occasions.

Persephone Hermione x

phbr
08-08-2007, 11:40 AM
According to IGN, A Link to the Past was released before Link's Awakening ;)

Link's Awakening:

US: December 31, 1993
Japan: June 6, 1993
Europe: Released
Australia: ReleasedA Link to the Past

US: November 21, 1992
Japan: Released
Europe: Released
Australia: ReleasedSource:
IGN: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (http://cheats.ign.com/objects/006/006857.html)
IGN: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/005/005950.html)

Levian
08-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Also in Nintendo magazine it states that link to the past was the first one that used pully's and systems to get through the dungeons. I know that it isn't, I don't know if it was the first, but Links awakening did it before that.

A Link to the Past (1992) was made before Link's Awakening. (1993)

But yeah, great game. I've started playing it quite a few times, but never made it to the end. Maybe one day ;o

edit: looks like phbr beat me to it.

persephonehermione
08-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the correction!

I learn something new everyday!

Persephone Hermione x

Momiji
08-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I remember enjoying this game a lot. It didn't have the sheer superiority of Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, or Twilight Princess, but it was good. A lot better than those weird Oracle of Seasons/Ages games nevertheless.

Slothy
08-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Next to Link to the Past, this is the best game in the series. Every entry after it pales in comparison. It was fun and unique, and managed to add some neat ideas to the Zelda formula in some places.

Flying Mullet
08-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Link's Awakening is a fun game, but Link to the Past is still my favorite of the series.

KentaRawr!
08-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Link's Awakening is one of my favorite Zelda Games, most definitely. One of the better games in the series.

Elpizo
08-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Link's Awakening is, simply said, the best Zelda game ever made (followed by the Oracle games, man, those were godly as well). I played the DX version countless of times and got the secret ending (when you die zero times during the whole game) almost on every playthrough.

It's simply a touching, refreshing Zelda game and the music of it I still find unsurpassed by any of the other Zelda games.

The days I played that game. *Dreamy sigh* Good times, good times...

oddler
08-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Link's Awakening is a fun game, but Link to the Past is still my favorite of the series.

CloudDragon
08-09-2007, 05:10 AM

Ditto that. Link's Awakening was fun to play while trying to bide the time on long road trips and stuff.

Rostum
08-09-2007, 06:10 AM
Yes it is pretty good, but I enjoyed LttP, OoT and Minish Cap a lot more.

MJN SEIFER
08-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I was aboslutly obsessed when I first got it. I still play it aswell, however I very rarely play it propperly now, as I discovered "screen warp", I really should stop that - I almost destroyed the entire game once...:eek:

I have another thread here which links (no pun intended) to a YouTube series focused on this game in a joking way. If you're interested.

Roto13
08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I love this game. It was my introduction to the series.

theundeadhero
08-10-2007, 10:47 AM
If you beat it without dying the girl turns into a bird! Fly away bird girl. Fly away to freedom!

MJN SEIFER
08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
If you beat it without dying the girl turns into a bird! Fly away bird girl. Fly away to freedom!

It's what she wanted...:)