PDA

View Full Version : Winamp Problem

Flying Mullet
08-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I was typing yesterday when Winamp opened up and I'm guessing I hit some shortcut command for Winamp because it's acting up now. Whenever I load some songs or a playlist it only plays the current song. If repeat is on it repeats the current song and if repeat is off it stops playing after the current song, regardless of how many songs I have opened.

Does anyone know how to change it back so it advances to the next song rather than only "seeing" the current song?

Discord
08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Start> Run > CMD > format c > /shout dad, I need the windows cd again

Don't we always hate the time when you turn on some stupid option somewhere deep in the core of the program and have to look for 10 hours to turn it back off.

On a serious note, in the worst case you can reinstall WinAmp clearing the preferences in the process.

Baloki
08-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Check your shuffle options.

Flying Mullet
08-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Where are the shuffle options? I only see "Shuffle" and "Repeat".

rubah
08-09-2007, 01:26 AM
open the preferences and look around to see if there's something about "repeat=repeat all, repeat=play through once, repeat= repeat single track only"

I don't have winamp handy so i can't find it for sure, but that might be something.

Flying Mullet
08-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Ha ha, I finally found it. Under Preferences -> General Preferences -> Playlist there is an Advanced Playback Settings section. Under that there is a Manual playlist advance checkbox and it was checked, meaning I had to manually advance the songs. Of course, it doesn't say if there is a shortcut key, so I have no idea what I hit that changed this setting.

Also, it didn't help that Winamp has about 50 different screens under Preferences and I'd been through them a gazillion times already...

Peegee
08-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Or that you use winamp at all :p

<3