PDA

View Full Version : Good place to leve up before Judge Bergen?

BevGB
08-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Does anyone know a good place to level up before the fight with Judge Bergen? My main party is at level 30 to 35 and my reserve party are 20 to 25. I don't have all the requirements for the Negalmuur trick. I don't last long in the fight with Bergen. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Renmiri
08-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Paramina Rift and the Stillshrine of Miriam are good places. Just circle around the area killing skellies and buy better equipment with the money from the loot.

BevGB
08-10-2007, 02:19 AM
That's true. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I feel so dumb now. I hate leveling up. It takes so long.

Bolivar
08-10-2007, 05:13 AM
In the Stillshrine of Miriam there's a long stretch where all there is are zombies. If you constantly run through that you'll get a really long chain, alot of festering flesh which sells pretty nice at that time, and a good amount of xp. ignore the stone dudes and go to the next area then come back to get them spawning again. there's also chests in one dead end that sometimes have some nice stuff. i just did this to get any equipment i might've misse before bergen and stock up spells and on the best potions at the time.

Karellen
08-10-2007, 05:17 AM
There is no way you should need to level up with those sorts of levels. One Quickening chain should do him in.

Hazzard
08-10-2007, 10:20 AM
If you want to have a fun, rather more interesting battle, avoid from using quickening chains, I despise them. Just level up in the shrine of miriam, chain some of the zombies for good loot and EXP and I think you can do the auto - leveling trick with your levels, but just need to watch over your characters for the first hour.

Nifleheim7
08-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I despise them.

Why?:confused:
If you are not overleveled they can be quite useful in some certain battles.It's best to wait until the end of the battle where the enemy starts to get more serious and use them to finish him off!:)
Of course if you mess with the buttons/chain hits you are left with zero mp and a pathetic hit damage.:tongue:

Hazzard
08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I despise them.

Why?:confused:
If you are not overleveled they can be quite useful in some certain battles.It's best to wait until the end of the battle where the enemy starts to get more serious and use them to finish him off!:)
Of course if you mess with the buttons/chain hits you are left with zero mp and a pathetic hit damage.:tongue:

that's probably one of the reasons; I hate rinsing out my MP on quickenings, I've always preferred using attacks or magic against foes instead of limit breaks/quickenings in FF. I just think it's a desperation tactic, a person's last resort, but it comes at such a heavy price.

You just need good weapons, the up-to-date ones, and obviously same goes for armor and other gearings. You can beat him- oh sorry, I forgot...I used a quickening to kill this guy off...my bad...:D

Bolivar
08-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I like enjoying the battles also, but with some bosses, when you get them to that extremely low HP level, and they start going off dealing crazy amounts of damage and receiving very little, i like to finish them off with a quickening chain.

Formalhaut
08-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know a good place to level up before the fight with Judge Bergen? My main party is at level 30 to 35 and my reserve party are 20 to 25. I don't have all the requirements for the Negalmuur trick. I don't last long in the fight with Bergen. Any ideas?

Thanks!

thats quite low, I have not even done raithwall's tomb yet, and my main party is 31-28. Reserves from 20-24.

But no problem. Stillshrine and Paramina Rift. You can get some loot too.

Hazzard
08-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't agree with reserves, cause what if you're in a predicament when your first party gets all KO'd, you can't really rely on guys who are 30 levels below to kill off the enemy, unless you're thinking to put two of the KO'd members in the team, revive them with the reserve and that's it.

So really their supporting characters? I respect that...but I also prefer having all my characters equally at level 99...looks and feels better, and completed.