PDA

View Full Version : How do I do a blitz?

Llednar Twem
08-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I've only ever used a blitz once and that's when I was fighting Vargas.
All I ever get is "Incorrect Blitz command input!".
How do I do the Blitz commands properly without navigating through the menu of the next person's turn?

Giga Guess
08-10-2007, 01:41 PM
You have to be mindful of your input BEFORE you hit A. For example, Pummel, you hit LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT and then A. Take your time. If I recall correctly, it freezes time, so have as much time as you need to execute your Blitz properly.

Llednar Twem
08-10-2007, 02:03 PM
So when the cursor is over Sabin, I put in the command and then press a?

Tavrobel
08-10-2007, 03:53 PM
If I recall, you have to choose the Blitz command first (A), and then the input (Left Left Up Up Right Right Down Down Left), and then confirm (A). You can cancel at anytime using (B).

Bum Rush of course will be wrong if you put it in before you learn it.

Llednar Twem
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
There's an arrow that goes diagonally in one of my Blitzes, how do I do that arrow?

Brockman5000
08-10-2007, 06:18 PM
just click LEFT and Up at the same time. I roll my fingers when doing the ones with diagonal arrows.

Llednar Twem
08-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Waaah...
None of my commands work...

Laddy
08-10-2007, 07:39 PM
You'll have to do it pretty quickly. Also, are you sure your doing it correctly? Check Sabin's Blitzes in Abilities.

Xurts
08-11-2007, 01:57 AM
For diagonals you press the button before it twice. So if you want to perform AuraBolt press down, down, left. Select Blitz, input command, press A.

08-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Trying to do an aurabolt/auracannon? Don't forget to yell "HADOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of your lungs as you execute it. That's the most important part.

Rengori
08-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Guys, he said in the first post that he's fighting Vargas, quit confusing the boy with all your Blitz's that aren't Pummel.

Yeah I got stuck with Blitz's too, you have to select Blitz, and then notice how you have to hit A/X again afterwards to make it work? That's when you put in the blitz (I don't remember how it goes, it tells you).

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I keep fucking that up on the emulator, and that's why I quit it.

Llednar Twem
08-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, but now I'm at the Magitek Research Facility where Celes gets kidnapped. The part after Cid finds out magicites are more powerful than just plainly draining power out of the espers and after the fight with Ifrit and Shiva where they give me their souls magicites.
I sill can't do a blitz.

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 02:17 PM
How did you pull it off the first time then? By luck...?

Crossblades
08-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah, but now I'm at the Magitek Research Facility where Celes gets kidnapped. The part after Cid finds out magicites are more powerful than just plainly draining power out of the espers and after the fight with Ifrit and Shiva where they give me their souls magicites.
I sill can't do a blitz.

Look under Blitz in the abilities menu. It tells you how to pull the Blitz commands

XxSephirothxX
08-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Just play Street Fighter for about 10 minutes and then try it. Should be able to do one no problem. :p I guess it could be a bit harder with a keyboard if you're emulating. Should be a snap on anything that utilizes a D-Pad though.

Captain Maxx Power
08-11-2007, 10:57 PM
OK, I'll explain this as simply as humanly possible. If you can't understand this bluffers guide then quite frankly sucks to be you :cool:

1. Select the Blitz command with your cursor and then press the select/A button once
2. The cursor will move to Sabin. The game will now detect ANY button or d-pad presses done until the user either presses cancel/B to forget any button presses and go back to the command menu, or select/A to attempt to execute the blitz
3. Once the cursor is on Sabin press the buttons in the order as indicated in the Blitz under Abilities in the main menu. You can do this as quickly or as slowly as you like, it doesn't make a difference. For example, with Pummel you can leave a sizeable gap between pressing left, right and left again. For moves that have diagonals, rotate the d-pad from the starting direction around to the end. For example with Aura Bolt, the arrow points down, then to the bottom left, and then left. In this instance you would begin by pushing down, then rolling your thumb along in a clockwise direction until you reach the left d-pad.
4. Once you have pressed the right combination of buttons (in the case of rotating the d-pad you can stop pressing when you reach the last direction) press the select/A button.
5. If you pressed the buttons in the correct order then Sabin will perform the blitz

I really, really, really can't explain it any more simply or thoroughly than this. If you need more help than this then you're a no hoper. If that's the case then just don't use Sabin or use Magic/Attack with him instead.

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 11:36 PM
I guess I can't do a blitz from my keyboard, can I? (on emulator)

Halenite
08-12-2007, 12:07 AM
I don't see why not, I've never had any problem with it.

Lawr
08-12-2007, 12:22 AM
If I can deliver pwnage on MUGEN, then Blitzes are a snap.

Giga Guess
08-12-2007, 01:22 AM

Diagonals can be performed by a single direction. For example, I think Bum Rush can be done L, U, U, R, R, D, D, L, L.

Rengori
08-12-2007, 01:25 AM

Diagonals can be performed by a single direction. For example, I think Bum Rush can be done L, U, U, R, R, D, D, L, L.

Also, just want to chime in, I don't know about your emulator but in mine you can input a few button combinations so you can do them with one button. Cetainly made Hadoken easier in Megaman X.

rubah
08-12-2007, 02:24 AM
The alterantive blitzes like giga guesses are a lot easier than the originals, in my opinion xD

Tavrobel
08-12-2007, 02:41 AM

Diagonals are satisfied by pushing one of the two possible directions. For example, North East could be pressed either by right OR up. Depending on the emulator, he can also program in keys for Diagonals. I did that for my Bum Rush using the NumPad, with each number having a direction.

Lawr
08-12-2007, 03:18 AM

Diagonals are satisfied by pushing one of the two possible directions. For example, North East could be pressed either by right OR up. Depending on the emulator, he can also program in keys for Diagonals. I did that for my Bum Rush using the NumPad, with each number having a direction.

:eek: Genius! *Downloads ROM, again, again...again...*

Captain Maxx Power
08-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Or you can find a PS1/2-to-USB controller adaptor, which enhanced emulation like I don't know what.

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 12:06 PM
...I'll try it

The Ceej
08-14-2007, 06:55 PM
There's an arrow that goes diagonally in one of my Blitzes, how do I do that arrow?

You sweep your thumb around the control pad in a circular motion. It will hit the diagonals at the right time.

Siegfried
08-15-2007, 05:54 AM
You see, to do a blitz you need your linebacker to come up to the line of scrimmage, acting as another defensive linemen in a way. Preferably, you have your linebacker come charging in right before the ball is hiked so that he has momentum to tackle the quarterback. However, in the case of blitzKRIEG, you need to be German, acting German in World War 2, and have a bunch of planes.

Finding this a now overcompiled thread, I decided to have some fun. Please follow everyone else's advance and if you have further trouble, PM me.

bipper
08-16-2007, 04:00 AM
I would show you, but you couldn't handle the damage. I hit for all 9's baby!

Roto13
08-16-2007, 08:23 AM
You'll have to do it pretty quickly.
No you don't.

Guys, he said in the first post that he's fighting Vargas
No he didn't.

I guess it could be a bit harder with a keyboard if you're emulating.
No it's not.

It's actually easier with the keyboard. No accidental directions. :P