PDA

View Full Version : The Thief (NES version)

ReloadPsi
08-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Playing through the game again, I've just got the Thief class and decided to make one of my characters into one. The thing is, it seems the best weapons he can equip are the Mythril Daggers purchased in Kazus and Canaan... am I missing something here?

Rengori
08-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Probably, but if you're not than just say "screw it."

abrojtm
08-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Pick up the Thief Gloves in Amur, that will help out a lot. He can equip throwing weapons such as the Boomerang (powerful attack plus back row plus thief's innate high evade=good). He can also equip the Main Gauche and Orhicalon(sp?), as well as the Air Knife. He is a good character because of his high evade. His attack is decent, he can flee from battles, and he unlocks doors for free. Not too bad, really. Like most characters, however, he isn't all that useful immediately after you get him.

ReloadPsi
08-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I just finished the Amur section and left with a full set of Thief gear and two Boomerangs. Goldor's mansion without needing Magic Keys = :love:

Sam250
08-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I didn't like how the theif in this game couldn't really steal anything worthwhile- all i could find were phoenix Downs from some enemys, Gungir from Odin, and Protect Rings from King Behemoth's.

I liked Zidane in FF9s, where you could steal great weapons and armor from bosses, and ordinary steals where pretty great too. 2nd Place goes to Final Fantasy 6, with a similar system.

Anyway, cool as theifs look and are, i would, as Rengori suggested, say 'screw it'. Go for a differant job, there not all that great. Sorry.