PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Completionist!

Wolf Kanno
08-10-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm currently working a FFXII project and I need to know some info that may actually be explained in the Clan Primer. But more than anything I'm curious to know if anyone's completed the Beastiery? All creatures as well as the extra info?

Dragonsoul
08-12-2007, 12:41 AM
I will complete this to 100% or nearly 100% I might skip Omega Mark XII and the club hunts the bestiary and anything superlong.

How long will this game take to beat if I complete:

a. 100%
b. nearly 100%, as mentioned above
c. with no sidequests

Please answer! So far Oblivion seems to be twice as long as Final Fantasy XII! :eek:!!!

McLovin'
08-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Took me round 60-100 hours to beat it with every thing completed. :)

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm on 160 hours, just got the tournesol and have around two more hunts until Yiazmat. Gotta defeat Hell wyrm, five more espers and Omega Mark XII. Looking forward to it though.

Dragonsoul
08-13-2007, 03:02 AM
How many hours does it take to complete the "club hunts"(not clan hunts)?

McLovin'
08-13-2007, 07:51 AM
80 monsters and half are rare spawns. Takes a week if you play moderately every day. Couple days i'd say.

BG-57
08-14-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm five monsters away from completion: Luxollid, Behemoth King, Omega Mk. XII, Yiazmat, and Hellwyrm.

Anyways, there's some interesting stuff buried in the secondary data. Like references to St. Ajora and Matoya, who figure in FFT.

Dragonsoul
08-14-2007, 05:51 AM
80 monsters and half are rare spawns. Takes a week if you play moderately every day. Couple days i'd say.

So do you mean ten hours? How many hours?

dragontamer
08-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Why is everyone soo keen on finishing the game quickly? After paying a damn fortune for the bloody game, the least you can do is enjoy it and cherish it with long hours of play!

For the storyline? Ninety hours.

Completing everything? Without: four espers five marks and many rare monsters? Over 160 hours.

Hazzard
08-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Completing the whole of XII is a gamers fantasy...(get it, fantasy!)

BG-57
08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Beat Luxollid. Onto Behemoth King.

All in all, I've spent about 240 hours in this game, but a lot of that was spent overleveling Penelo and Vaan the the beginning of the game. I maxed out the License Board (minus Espers and Gambits) before recruiting Fran and Balthier. In retrospect I guess I should have maxed out just the passive abilities (like Martyr and HP Bonuses) and earned LP for the spells and items on the go.

I'm committed to completing the beastiary, but I have serious doubts that I'll ever get all the items in the game. I'm not good at the fishing mini-game and what do you really need a Wyrmhero Blade for? Talk about too little, too late.

Hazzard
08-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Behemoth King is...kinda hard, but only when your characters are like level 65-70.

I've found my leveling spot in the Henne Mines unlocked phases, I'm sure everyone knows the easy leveling you can do on the Undead Bats there.
I'm not planning on completing the Bestiary, but might be tempted, I don't know. My goal is to kill off Yiazmat, Hell Wyrm, get all espers, kill Omega Mark XII and too get some of the ultimate weapons. After I done all that, then I'll complete the bestiary and complete the game.

Nifleheim7
08-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm going to complete all the hunts and finish the game.

In my 2nd playthrough (a couple years later) maybe i will try for a 100% completion with the help of a strategy guide of course.

Advent VII
08-16-2007, 02:42 AM
my time : 170 sum hours, at about 89% completion

boy boyfreinds time, WITH a bradley games stratagie guide, that he used from the begining, 150 sum hours, with 100% completion.

cheater he is >.< that being said, the whole ff12 collecter's edition that comes with the limited edition bradley games guide package is well worth the 120 i paid for it.. colectors edition game, with extra behind the scenes dvd, the stratagy guide, a book of art from the game, both cg and hand drawn, and a case/covering to hold all of them. and the guide is THICK. i skimmed through it, has tons of stuff in it.. almsot to the point of being confusing, lol. and for whoever else might own one, i got penelo on my cover :D kind of wish i got ashe though...:p

BG-57
08-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Mine has Fran on the cover. The bonus artbook is sweet. :D

My primary party had levels in the high 80's while my backup party is in the mid 80's.

I knocked Behemoth King into next week. Definately worth putting off until after Pharos Subterra. I kept up Bubble, Protect, Shell, and Haste at all times and had my characters attack with a Zodiac Spear and Excalibur while he was vunerable to physical attacks and switching gambits to have the characters cast Scathe when he was vunerable to magic. The other critical gambit was for X-Potions, while they lasted.

For an encore I beat Hellwyrm. He was trickier in a way, because I had to keep up the quartet of defensive spells, in addition to reviving fallen characters and curing the Inverted characters. In the end I had my two physical fighters pummeling while I dedicated one character to healing with Cureja. In a strange way, Invert actually helped because I didn't have to restore MP with ethers.

That leaves the two big boys: Omega Mk. XII and Yiazmat.

Dragonsoul
08-16-2007, 07:59 AM
I think...
main quest 100 h

all but 2-3 sidequests 150h

all stuff 200h

I'm goin to 200h!

10-Breaker
08-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Main + sides till Fafnir: 68 h

After Fafnir: 70h (I used a lazy mans tactic)

Dragonsoul
08-19-2007, 05:38 AM
I don't understand how you write down 68 hours, how come I beat stuff slower than you?

LunarWeaver
08-21-2007, 06:35 PM
I was going to do complete everything then gave up. Then I started trying again yesterday. I looked up the Tournesol and laughed my cheese-grinder off because that thing is ridiculous. It took me forever just to get the ingredients for the goddamn Ultima Blade.

I want to kill Omega Mark but I hate that goddamn place. Even with a map the whole thing just hurts my face. I don't even have all the Espers D:

This really makes me sad, because I used to perfect things when I was a teenie. I mean, everybody was 99 and I had all the stuff and all the bosses down and I never got bored with it.

But now...That horrible feeling of it being pointless creeps up on me. I just keep feeling like I should move on and do something else because there's no reason to kill the same monsters over and over again hoping for loot or trying to beat these bosses. I wonder what happened :(

Hazzard
08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey, LunarWeaver, it's pretty easy to get the Tournesol in a few hours, just look at this video footage and everything will seem easy, like it was for me.

How to Get the Tounesol (The Sunflower) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoFnyzL3k8Q)

I hope you haven't been killing off rare games, because it's vital that you ain't to get this badboy of a weapon.

Nifleheim7
08-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I wonder what happened :(

I don't know about you,but for me a game must have a great story and characters to make me want to go for a 100%.
FFXII is a great game but unfortunately it lacks at these two aspects,and i prefer to move on and play something new than doing the same things over and over again.I will try to complete whatever i can in the game but i know that it will be far from a 100% completion.

The second time i'll play it though,i'll use a strategy guide and will go for a 100%.

Dragonsoul
08-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Yea, FF XII is great but the story and characters(some of them) needed some improvements. I feel that I should mention that I am currently renting Persona 3 and the STRENGTH of that game is the story, characters, and voice acting. So if you want to see what you are missing, go rent Persona 3. Persona 3 is great, but I don't need to buy it or beat it. I'll pick up a Bioshock rental in a few days by the way. :)

I long for the days where I find an ultimate game that I never want to stop playing! The last game like that for me was Final Fantasy X probably. I've got high hopes for Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect. I should mention that Front Mission 1 was pretty cool also though. :D