PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about some certain marks*spoilers*

Nifleheim7
08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
So far i haven't looked at a strategy guide because it's my first playthrough.
BUT,these marks are getting to my nerves...I CAN'T FIND THEM!!!
So please help me because i'm seriously tempted to look at a strategy guide:eek:

1.Lindwyrm
I know that i have to find it in the Tchita Uplands (highlands) during the rains but whenever i go there guess what:IT NEVER RAINS!!I have tried entering the highlands both from the chosen path (save crystal) and from the other areas that have access to the highlands...
2.Gilgamesh
I fought him once,but now i can't find him...Do i need to find the key that the boy droped (antlion infestation) in order to open the gate of site 9?
3.Carrot
Same as the Lindwyrm,everytime i go at Salikawood (Sun-dappled Path) i can't find it,and no i haven't killed any wyrdhare (the only monsters at that area)...

So please help,what i do wrong?:(

Flying Mullet
08-10-2007, 09:37 PM
1. You have to approach the Lindwyrm from the Save Crystal. If it fails to spawn, exit and re-enter.
2. Yes, he's at the back of the mines. Go to the Phon Coast and up on the hill you'll find a man that fell from Bhujerba and has the key.
3. I don't remember.

Wolf Kanno
08-10-2007, 09:48 PM
For the Carrot hunt. Try to enter the Salikawood on foot (don't use a save crystal) and don't attack anything! Just hit retreat and run through the whole place until you get to the area where the Viera hunter shows up. Carrot should spawn just around the corner I believe (you can't miss her...) and get ready for a rather annoying battle with status inflictions:D

Hazzard
08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
1. Like Flying Mullet said.

2. Go to the Phon Coast, and near the moogle clan leader there is a key; site key 11, which unlocks the door in the antilion hunt area to the next site. Beware for it is hard to venture through the next site area, the foes are treacherous.

3. For Carrot you must hold down R2 and flee, never sheath your weapons or the whole hunt will be wasted and you'll have to teleport away from salikawood then back again. Run to where the peaceful fiends reside, and the viera of clan centurio will approach you either saying, if you are successful with the fleeing: "Good, you have avoiding any unwanted violence" something of those lines, if you have done it wrong she will say "the creature seems to not be appearing, I can't find it" again, it's something of those lines.

SW0RDMAST3R
08-10-2007, 10:53 PM
u guys know alot so its raining alot and keep going where the gil snapper is but he isent there i cant find him

Wolf Kanno
08-11-2007, 06:19 AM
u guys know alot so its raining alot and keep going where the gil snapper is but he isent there i cant find him

Exit back and forth between the area the Gil Snapper appears and the Giza Plains. There are a few levels of rain and the heaviest doesn't come out as often as you would like. If you enter the area and it;s raining heavy and the other turtle monsters are not there then chances are the Gil Snapper finally spawned. He's weak to ice btw...

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 10:29 AM

Exit back and forth between the area the Gil Snapper appears and the Giza Plains. There are a few levels of rain and the heaviest doesn't come out as often as you would like. If you enter the area and it;s raining heavy and the other turtle monsters are not there then chances are the Gil Snapper finally spawned. He's weak to ice btw...

Also, make sure that you heal up frequently while equipped with good armor so you don't have to face the brunt of his rather strong attacks. He tends yo use water magick, but also has powerful physical attacks. Just heal and hit then you'll eventually beat him.

Nifleheim7
08-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks guys!:)
I will give it a go,after Reddas leaves my party.

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Out of curiosity, what level are your characters?

Don't read this if you don't want to, but it's nothing major:
Because Reddas is the last guest in your party, and you should value his keep-shake now.

Nifleheim7
08-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Vaan,Fran and Basch are lvl 65 and the others are 48-47.
I can't complete the carrot hunt with him in my party...but maybe i'll try to complete the other hunts

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 02:59 PM
If you're aiming to face Yiazmat now, then you'll will have to of completed the Pharos first - making sure Reddas has departed from your party, because all hunts must be finished, also you would of had to of beaten the optional boss, Hell Wyrm in the Sochen Palace.

Funny enough, I haven't even done these things yet, but am down to the last three hunts before having access to Yiazmat.

Btw, how can I find Lindwyrm, does anybody know? I know he's in Tchtica/Highlands, but are there any special conditions?

BG-57
08-11-2007, 05:15 PM
He appears in Garden of Life's Circle when it's cloudy. If Tchita Uplands is not cloudy, you have to go to another area (like Cerobi Steppe) and back to change the weather.

Renmiri
08-11-2007, 08:11 PM
You hit all the dead trees already ?

EDIT: Nevermind!!!

Nifleheim7
08-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Btw, how can I find Lindwyrm, does anybody know? I know he's in Tchtica/Highlands, but are there any special conditions?

Well,i hope you have lots and lots of patience because i entered the highlands 8 times (cloudy and rainy) but still no sight of it!
Either i am the most unluckiest person in the world or it's just BAD game design...

EDIT:I killed so many times the monsters in this place (including a rare one) that they have stoped appearing!lol:D

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Btw, the Lindwyrm appears in Garden's of Life's Circle, which BG - 57 stated earlier in this thread. I found it and beat it solo with Basch, and it comes once it's cloudy - preferably after you witness the weather finish raining, and then straight after that. You'll know it's there once you walk into the area and no monsters encounter you, you'll see the big wyrm lingering around the west side of the area.

Nifleheim7
08-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Btw, the Lindwyrm appears in Garden's of Life's Circle, which BG - 57 stated earlier in this thread. I found it and beat it solo with Basch, and it comes once it's cloudy - preferably after you witness the weather finish raining, and then straight after that. You'll know it's there once you walk into the area and no monsters encounter you, you'll see the big wyrm lingering around the west side of the area.

But Fermon in Old Archades said:"the Lindwyrm keeps to the highlands in Tchita."
Ok,now you convinced me of the game's BAD design.

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Well, I guess the pentioner was incorrect, because I found it in the place I mentioned in my previous post.

Nifleheim7
08-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Found the Lindwyrm,and beat it.
Found Gilgamesh also,and loose...He had very little energy left but i had run out of pheanix down's and mp's,so i couldn't revive my characters...I could have win this:(
Anyway,i'll go hunt some other marks,level up a little,and go back and get my revenge!:bigsmile:

Formalhaut
08-13-2007, 02:33 PM
When you fight him again, try to steal all his Genji armour, if you don't get them, and you kill him, you can never get it again usless you start again.

BG-57
08-13-2007, 02:33 PM
That part of Lhusu mines where you fight Gilgamesh a second time is a good place to level up in, although very tough for lower levels. Also what makes it a lot more challenging is stealing the Genji equipment off him.

Make sure your levels are prime numbers when you fight him.

The Mog Ninja
08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
When you fight him again, try to steal all his Genji armour, if you don't get them, and you kill him, you can never get it again usless you start again.

Is Genji the best armour in the game?

BG-57
08-19-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't think so, although the Genji Gloves increase the number of Combos. Try it paired with a Katana.

It's another backhanded reference to FFT, where you had to steal that set of Genji armor off a single character.

Hazzard
08-20-2007, 01:02 AM
The rest of the Genji gear is nothing significant, the Genji Gloves are a must though for the Masumune; deals up to around 10 combos if lucky, 6 is the usual and maxed up Magick power will give you like 6500 per hit, if Faith is casted then expect around 9000 per hit. Nice object indeed.