PDA

View Full Version : Looking back...

Goldenboko
08-10-2007, 09:50 PM
For the first time in a while I have went back to replay FFX. I must say, this game had some of the best music, if not the best, of the series.

To Zanarkand still blows me away when I hear it.

Enjolras
08-11-2007, 02:31 AM
AGREED.
I reckon FFX has easily the best music in the series, followed at a distance by FFVII. Tunes like "To Zanarkand" and "Sutike Da Ne" are awesome for emotional scenes, while ones like "Silence Before The Storm" and "Besaid Island" are excellent background pieces that add immensely to the enjoyment of wandering around Spira.
I think Nubou Uematsu decided to draw his Square days to a close with a masterpiece.

Jessweeee♪
08-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Before I started downloading game music I replayed FFX over and over just to hear the music :kaolove2:

FFX has my favorite story and my favorite music, which for me are the two most important things in an RPG

Enjolras
08-11-2007, 01:34 PM
It really pisses me off that I can't easily get my hands on the Official soundtrack, as they don't sell it over here in NZ. The only place I've ever seen a copy is on eBay, and it sold before I had the money together to make a bid. I can't really download it either, as NZ has about the crappiest internet service in the western world.
That's my little rant over.

Nifleheim7
08-11-2007, 02:43 PM
I think Nubou Uematsu decided to draw his Square days to a close with a masterpiece.

QFT!
It's actually sad to think that he will never write a FF soundtrack again...:(
Now,please SE,let Yasunori Mitsuda:love: (chrono series) take the FF music reins!

Grazia
08-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I have to agree, FFX does have the best music of the series (besides a few choice pieces from some of the other games in the series)

I love Revealed Truth... I think because of the tone at which it is set & it reminds me of a similar piece in FFVIII. I also enjoy listening to Sprouting & Someday the dream will end.

Its sad that Nobuo Uematus bowed out after FFX, but at least he went out making some of the best music in the series & he really (imho) summed up his time as the FF composer. It feels a little as though the sad pieces of music kind of contain his feelings towards working on his last one & he obviously put his everything into it.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-11-2007, 06:20 PM
the song that plays on the first blitz FMV in DZ still rocks my socks! :D

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 07:12 PM
FFX does have the best music but joint with VII and VIII in my opinion, maybe VIII a few tracks back.

Godhand
08-12-2007, 01:31 AM
VI and VII beat this game so badly in terms of quality of music it's not funny.

cally777
08-12-2007, 10:57 AM
I think personally its some of the best music. I especially like the Kilika/Macalania Woods tune, I can just listen to it over and over.

My only gripe is why with all this wealth of music are we stuck with one tune for random battles (except in Zanarkand)? However good, I had to turn it off/down eventually. At least In X2 there were more for battles.

:choc::choc::choc:

Firo Volondé
08-12-2007, 11:15 AM

Funny how you're the only one who thinks this. Could it be because your father drunkenly abused you when you were younger of your irrational dislike of X? :eek:

I agree with cally. Especially when you're trying to fill the Monster Arena, the gajillonth time you hear it, it gets on your nerves a little. Otherwise I can't possibly fault the music, it's one of the reasons I've replayed this game so much.

Captain Maxx Power
08-12-2007, 11:48 AM
All of the Final Fantasies have memorable music...except FF12, which was so forgettable it defies logic. Even after hearing the music umptenth number of times the only ones I remember are compositions originally done by Nobuo. So yeah, I really don't hold out much hope for FF13's music to be as memorable (especially if they get the same dude in to do it).

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh yeah, Nobuo left. Well, I don't think the music will be that memorable then for the upcoming FF installments.

Goldenboko
08-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Funny how you're the only one who thinks this. Could it be because your father drunkenly abused you when you were younger of your irrational dislike of X? :eek:

I agree with cally. Especially when you're trying to fill the Monster Arena, the gajillonth time you hear it, it gets on your nerves a little. Otherwise I can't possibly fault the music, it's one of the reasons I've replayed this game so much.

I agree one battle music is annoying -but- I did find the battle music to be decent, I mean I preferred it over FFVII's its just that, all that battling >.<

Renmiri
08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh yeah, Nobuo left. Well, I don't think the music will be that memorable then for the upcoming FF installments.

No he didn't leave! He just got so rich that now he picks and choses what he does :D

Jessweeee♪
08-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I vote Junya Nakano takes his place :kaocheer:

Godhand
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
They milked him for all he was worth at Square anyway. The man will never make such high quality music as found in VI and VII again, and FFX proved that.

He's making music for Brawl, which should be lol-worthy in terms of how bad it is.

Bolivar
08-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I definately feel he got better on each one, and that says alot about X, although I think I would give best music to VIII. I like X alot though and music is still very impressive to me.

jammi567
08-13-2007, 09:08 PM
The music is very good, and there are some very memerble pieces (Other World and Assult come to mind). However, all the Final Fantasy titles have great music, so it's a bit pointless to say that one game has the best music in the world whilst the others don't.

Hazzard
08-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Otherworld was a completely unexpected track for me, the rock feel brought something new to the game, and added a sense of momentum when fighting Jecht. Playing it rarely was a good choice, and spanning it from the gap from start to finish was also a good choice.

tidus_rox
08-14-2007, 05:18 AM

QFT!
It's actually sad to think that he will never write a FF soundtrack again...:(
Now,please SE,let Yasunori Mitsuda:love: (chrono series) take the FF music reins!

WTF? I thought Nobuo was doing FF XIII?!?!!? I think he is... I think your all wrong MUAHAHAH!!! lol... I am prolly wrong though...

Ne ways. Best music, obviously. I listen to the entire soundtrack every Saturday.

Enjolras
08-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Nubuo's only doing the main theme for FFXIII, as far as I'm aware.

Hazzard
08-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Nubuo's only doing the main theme for FFXIII, as far as I'm aware.

That's good enough for me. Now I know the musics sorted!

Vivisteiner
08-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Personally, I think FFX has the worst music (out of the games Ive played), excluding FFXII. I prefer FFVII, VIII, and IX.

I still love the music though!

Hazzard
08-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Vivisteiner's entitled to his opinion, I agree with that, but I wouldn't really say it's below FFVIII or FFVII, I've heard all of their tracks and I think they're all equally joint top, I think, all three have very emotive and creative music to offer, and have obviously had a lot of time and effort put into them.

XII is a different issue though, the songs are too repetitive and not memorable for anything really, except for if you're counting annoying ones, like the repeated boss battle music you hear all the time! I can't believe they couldn't be authetic enough to "Wow" us with a breathtaking piece in the final battle. They done that before, guess they stopped caring...XII never showed the desperation, love, anger or jubilant feelings in their music, and I hated that.

Jessweeee♪
08-15-2007, 04:33 AM
I didn't really get into FFXII's music until I got near the end of the game, then I was like OMG THERE IT IS! THE AWESOMENESS I'VE SEARCHED FOR THIS ENTIRE GAME!

Though a lot of it I really, really, did NOT LIKE there was also some that I loved n.n

aaaanyway, as far as music goes, FFX is my favorite game (Threads of Fate being second).

JUNYANAKANOJUNYANAKANOJUNYANAKANO

Enjolras
08-15-2007, 06:08 AM
I think FFIX had a couple of cool barouqey sorta tunes, but the rest I didn't find memorable at all. As for FFVIII, I thought most of the music was alright, but there were a few tunes that were so irritating it certainly doesn't earn a place among my favourites.

=Angelus=
08-15-2007, 08:53 AM
The Sight of Spira...

Still hurts my fingers when i attempt to play it on guitar =.=

Thoughtless
08-16-2007, 05:10 AM
FFX is my favourite OST also, I love them all though.

It really pisses me off that I can't easily get my hands on the Official soundtrack, as they don't sell it over here in NZ. The only place I've ever seen a copy is on eBay, and it sold before I had the money together to make a bid. I can't really download it either, as NZ has about the crappiest internet service in the western world.
That's my little rant over.

I live in Aus and I get all my game soundtracks from ebay or for the rarer ones amazon, gamemusic, squaresound. My collection is rather large now :) Some ebay stores have most of squares popular OSTs for 'buy it now,' combine shipping on those items if you want to get a few.

Nifleheim7
08-17-2007, 03:51 AM
I listen to the entire soundtrack every Saturday.

What about Sunday(Tidusday)?:tongue:

Serapy
08-17-2007, 04:51 AM
TOo bad for me because I cannot hear :( I'm hearing impaired

Jessweeee♪
08-17-2007, 08:29 PM
NAKANO!

Yiazmat
10-13-2007, 11:35 PM
I agree, Final Fantasy X has an amazing soundtrack. One of the best! The entire soundtrack is awesome. It gives me cold chills when I listen to it. Especially, At Zanarkand and Seymour's theme.

Tabris
10-14-2007, 09:12 AM
I love the soundtrack too. Luckily, I managed to buy it online and I play it regularly. Actually, that music got me through the worst, last months at my old job.

Nifleheim7
10-14-2007, 12:54 PM
it features Rammstein!

Hehe,no it doesn't (although i wish it had:D )

Yiazmat
10-14-2007, 05:19 PM
it features Rammstein!

Hehe,no it doesn't (although i wish it had:D )

I'm sorry, my mistake. I thought it was Rammstein who sang Otherworld? Who did perform that song?

Enjolras
10-15-2007, 04:40 AM
I'm sorry, my mistake. I thought it was Rammstein who sang Otherworld? Who did perform that song?

I think it was the Black Mages, but don't quote me on that.

Seraphic
10-15-2007, 04:52 AM
I really liked FFX for its music, like whats been said there are some pieces that can cause emotions to stir and theres others that are quite for the background,even if they are just for the background you still remember them,they stick with you in a good way,lol.
Still one of my favorite OSTs to date <3

rubah
10-15-2007, 05:26 AM

The black mages have done A version of Otherworld, but it is not the one in ffx; ffx was out before they did the black mages stuff, I'm sure :p

It might have just been guys in the studio!

Yiazmat
10-15-2007, 02:18 PM

The black mages have done A version of Otherworld, but it is not the one in ffx; ffx was out before they did the black mages stuff, I'm sure :p

It might have just been guys in the studio!

Well, whoever performed the song certainly did a great job. Props! :choc2: