PDA

View Full Version : Atelier Iris

Carl the Llama
08-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I'v just bought Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny but I havent started playing it yet and was wondering if I should buy and play Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana before I play it? also if you have played both games are they any good? thanks for your input =)

Lynx
08-11-2007, 04:04 PM
im at the end of the 2nd one now not even 35 hours into the game and only on level 30. fun game though interesting story. one of the songs in the game sent chills through out my body.

but besides all that i havent played the first one and the third one just came out. but i dont see how they could be linked much but i could be wrong.

edit: im gonna go beat it now :D

Ishin Ookami
08-14-2007, 10:30 AM
The games are mainly linked by the character isis. In the first she's an alchemy legend and you sorta meet her ghost, in the second you meet her as a child. Dunno about the third as I have yet to play it.

But yah, awesome series. It has pretty much everything that made final fantasy so good once upon a time.

Tasura
08-18-2007, 03:44 AM
I haven't played the first two, but I've played and beaten the third. If I were to give it a score out of 10, without going into a long winded explanation, it'd be 6. And Iris is one of the 3 main characters in the third game.

Edit: If the first 2 were as good as you people say they are, then don't get the third, from what you people say of the first two, they dropped the ball, down a well when doing the third. It only took about 20 hours to beat the game, and there is no post-game or New Game+ feature.