PDA

View Full Version : Death!!!

The Mog Ninja
08-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I hate to say it, but I started to play FFXII again today. And (because I have great experience of the game) am now up to *drum roll* the end of the Leviathan.

The story begins as our heroes make their way to the airship. Vaan, Basch and Ashe make their way in, running toward the ship when UNNAMED JUDGE appears. Vaan and the others try to beat the judge, but he quickly defeats Vossler. A phoenix down is followed by Basch, who falls before using it. It is now Vaan and Ashe fighting side-by-side, until Vaan takes a direct hit, >40% health, here comes Ashe's healing Gambit, but it is too slow and she falls dead. Vaan quickly revives her before falling himself. Ashe battles on but is halted quickly by UNNAMED JUDGE before being sliced to pieces. Now here comes Penelo, Balthier and Fran! The three all fall without doing any damage to UNNAMED JUDGE, leaving him still standing at half health. The Game Over screen appears. KHK turns off PS2, and being the intelligent man he is, does the most logical thing he can think of. Of course smashing the PS2 controller on the ground so hard it breaks.

Basically, what levels and how should I beat this UNNAMED JUDGE? Also is there a save point closer than the prison cells?

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I know where you're coming from, friend, my PS2 controller is as knacked as an old man's hip.

On topic; I was around level 14 when I fought the unknown judge, and I believe Vossler was at a comfortable level 17. Make sure that you target only one of the judges, close down on him with the whole party, and then systematically move on to the next judge. The other lower ranked imperials will automatically depart from the battle once all judges are killed, and make sure you heal regularly but attack as well. Do not think about making a white mage who will sit in the corner casting healing spells, for she will die, and you need all the attack power you can get.

Good luck, and no more breaking controllers!

Renmiri
08-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Just keep going back and forth to the save point (where the moogle is) until you either level up enough (14ish) or get enough potions.

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Good thing is, that you'll also make Gil from chaining/killing off Judges/Imperials. You should take your time in the Leviathan, and make sure that you cross the alarm lines once you're at a secure level (lvl 13-15)

The Mog Ninja
08-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Lol. I'm not talking about the two judges, I'm talking about that Judge that comes in with 3 Imperial soldiers after you beat the alarm time thing. I killed those two judges no problem. So any ideas for him? :D

Hazzard
08-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Huh? Just level up, man, makes everything easier.

Setzer Gabianni
08-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Use Warp Motes if you have any.

Bolivar
08-13-2007, 07:03 PM
im not sure which part exactly you're talking about, but always take out the weaker ones first. less sources of damage while you're taking out the larger ones. I don't know why Basch yells to take out the leaders first, I guess the game wanted it to be more challenging.

The Mog Ninja
08-14-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm talking about the final boss of the Leviathan after you rescue Ashe from prison.

And yeah, I'm level 12 and 13 so I should probably level up a bit.

Hazzard
08-14-2007, 11:20 AM
If you're talking about the battle with Judge Magister, Ghis, then I think you should level up to 15.

The Mog Ninja
08-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I don't know his name, but that's probably him. And thanks for info Hazzard. You're the coolest noobsauce on this website. Noobsauce as in 1st Jan 2007 and onward.

Sword
08-14-2007, 03:52 PM
The guest characters are a good way to know what level you should be at. If Vossler is level 17 then its wise to assume that you should be around the same level. Also, use quickenings. You can take down half his life bar with one chain.

DarkLadyNyara
08-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Quickening abuse FTW. :D

Jessweeee♪
08-15-2007, 03:17 AM
Just keep going back and forth to the save point (where the moogle is) until you either level up enough (14ish) or get enough potions.

This is what I did...I'm on my second playthrough and I'm stuck there AGAIN!

Just level up until you think you're ready, and learn some quickenings.

My first playthrough was miserable...I was ALWAYS underleveled (until I did the Stilshrine trick :exdee: ) so most battles went like this:

1. Quickenings
2. Attack while MP recharges (didn't have the sense to get Charge until late in the game)
3. Phoenix Down/ Hi-Potion (1) Phoenix Down (2) Hi-Potion (3)
4. Run out of items
5. Die

Dirufan
08-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Quickenings would be the obvious answer... But nah, that's too simple.

The Mog Ninja
08-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Yes, Quickenings. Because I SO have them, and know what they are and how to use them. >.>

Hazzard
08-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Leveling up gets more fun when it's challenging!

The Mog Ninja
08-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Hehehe... I just used a quickening chain on an Imperial Soldier or whatever they are called. Vaan's thingamadoodle, then Ashe's something starting with N then Bash's other quickening, and BAM inferno 5565 damage to the soldier and 700 damage to his friendlies. Think that could one-hit the judge dude?

Hazzard
08-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Man, I don't want you getting too comfortable with using quickenings, I feel like a cheater when I use them, don't ask why. At least you beat them at the end of the day, though.

PuPu
08-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Man, I don't want you getting too comfortable with using quickenings, I feel like a cheater when I use them, don't ask why. At least you beat them at the end of the day, though.
It's not really cheating, since you do end up using all your MP. Which is why it becomes less useful in fights where you need lots of MP, like many near the end of the game. They are really meant for killing enemies very quickly or severely weakening them, which makes it useful for Mark Hunts which would normally be too powerful for you to beat. And it's also useful against Demon Wall #1 when you first arrive at Tomb of Raithwall.

Formalhaut
08-15-2007, 04:54 PM
If you don't want to use Quickinings, remember, Ghis has a gambit called:

Foe:Ashe Outright kill

As in, He ONLY targets Ashe, not sure what happens if Ashe is dead or not in the party.

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2007, 05:21 AM

Me too XD

...but really it's not cheating, but don't end up relying on them like I did x.x

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah, so I'll go and own Ghis with the quickening sometime today or tomorrow, thanks all for advice n stuff.

UPDATE: I just killed Ghis one shot with Inferno. I just used an ether on Ashe before we entered so everyone had full mana, ran in, skipped the cutscene, quickly selected Mist, Quickenings, and use it. 3955 damage. One hit kill. Quickenings = good.

Old Manus
08-16-2007, 10:25 PM
im not sure which part exactly you're talking about, but always take out the weaker ones first. less sources of damage while you're taking out the larger ones. I don't know why Basch yells to take out the leaders first, I guess the game wanted it to be more challenging.You only have to beat the judges to win the battle, if memory serves.

Oh hi guys I'm posting in the FFXII forum

abrojtm
08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
One Concurrence killed him, in my experience.

ff is da best
08-30-2007, 07:18 AM
judge ghis i think it was ....was easy i just used quickenings but if they still survived i just kept attacking them eventually it was over ....easy .....plus i was lv 20 + i recommend if you start over you should train to you get over 20

The Mog Ninja
08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Why would I start over when I can get a 100 chain on the Imperials surrounding the save point? I got about 5 levels in an hour. Twas fun.

ff is da best
08-30-2007, 11:30 AM
i mean if u eva wanted to start ova again u should get over 20 in the lushu mines... i manged to get up to lv 30