PDA

View Full Version : Should I get Final Fantasy XI or Final Fanasy XII?

Peter_20
08-12-2007, 04:11 PM
These are the only console FF games left that I haven't played, so which of these should I start with?

Slothy
08-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Unless you're a huge MMORPG fan, then FFXII.

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm not a MMORPG fan, and I still love XII, I would advise to go with the twelve, cause it's fantastic.

Crossblades
08-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Get both. They're both really fun to play. But if you don't have the funds to play FF XI, then go with XII

Breine
08-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I'd have to say Final Fantasy XII just because Final Fantasy XI is the only Final Fantasy game that I don't have (besides FFIII because it's not out on PS :mad:). Besides, I've heard several times that WoW is better than Final Fantasy XI.. so, if it's an MMORPG you're looking for WoW would statistically be the best choice.

Madame Adequate
08-12-2007, 04:57 PM
XI is an MMO, which means it's more expensive (Not to say that it's not worth it or a ripoff, but you gotta decide if the extra outlay is worthwhile), and that it is a far, far longer term investment than a standard game. The time it takes to get out of your starting lands in an MMO can exceed the time it takes to complete entire other games.

If MMOs are to your taste, and partying with other people is to your taste, you'll dig XI. If you don't like working with others, you'd want a different MMO, or a different game entirely. Whilst you can solo just fine in, say, City of Heroes or WoW, you're not gonna be soloing much of anything in FFXI, so be aware of that.

Dreddz
08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
FFXII is a better RPG than FFXI is an MMORPG.

Captain Maxx Power
08-12-2007, 05:31 PM
It's a choice between one kind of tedium that lasts about a month, and another type of tedium that could last potentially years.

Peter_20
08-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks, I did order FFXII a while ago.

However, I think I asked this question before, but in that case I've forgotten the answers. XD
Anyway - will I need some extra equipment in order to play FFXI?

Tavrobel
08-12-2007, 06:04 PM

A good computer and a broadband internet connection. That, time, and money.

Khaotic
08-12-2007, 06:06 PM
XI is an MMO, which means it's more expensive (Not to say that it's not worth it or a ripoff, but you gotta decide if the extra outlay is worthwhile), and that it is a far, far longer term investment than a standard game. The time it takes to get out of your starting lands in an MMO can exceed the time it takes to complete entire other games.

If MMOs are to your taste, and partying with other people is to your taste, you'll dig XI. If you don't like working with others, you'd want a different MMO, or a different game entirely. Whilst you can solo just fine in, say, City of Heroes or WoW, you're not gonna be soloing much of anything in FFXI, so be aware of that.

I'd just like to add it is possible to solo, depending on your equip, skill, and most importantly, job.

Renmiri
08-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Approximately 8 GB of free space just for it.

PS: Please play XII Peter. I can't wait to see how many interesting threads you will make about it. :)

Peter_20
08-12-2007, 06:24 PM

A good computer and a broadband internet connection. That, time, and money.Will a laptop be sufficient?

Shoeberto
08-12-2007, 06:55 PM

A good computer and a broadband internet connection. That, time, and money.Will a laptop be sufficient?
Does it meet these requirements (http://www.finalfantasyxionline.com/content/finalfantasyxi-requirements.php) and have access to the Internet?

If so, yes. Keep in mind two things though - laptops tend to heat up under a heavy load like games like that (allie's mac about burned my legs while playing WoW), and also you'll have to pay a monthly fee in order to play FFXI.

This thread is better suited for Gen FF, so I'mma boot it over there.

silentenigma
08-12-2007, 07:44 PM
eh FFXII and save the hassle.

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 08:13 PM
XII would prove to be the easier choice, just buy it and join us on XII forums!!!!!!!!!

Setzer Gabianni
08-13-2007, 03:19 PM
If you like it, team up with me and Wolf Kanno and we can take on Renmiri!

Peter_20
08-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Approximately 8 GB of free space just for it.

PS: Please play XII Peter. I can't wait to see how many interesting threads you will make about it. :)lol, I won't let you down. :p

Renmiri
08-13-2007, 09:54 PM
If you like it, team up with me and Wolf Kanno and we can take on Renmiri!

Bring it! :D