PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Main Boss Battle Music in FF

Goldenboko
08-12-2007, 05:03 PM
IMO FFVI's by far. I love FFVI's boss battle music, IX's comes close but VI's still holds the lead :spin:

Elpizo
08-12-2007, 05:43 PM
FF III's normal boss music still owns despite being 17 years old. Runner ups are FF IX's and V's boss battle music.

sdm42393
08-12-2007, 05:46 PM
by far i think 9's the best, 7's a close second

qwertysaur
08-12-2007, 06:07 PM
VI = win

Markus. D
08-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I hope this isn't only limited to FF games :[
Well, The boss theme from P.N.03~

If it is~ FFX, there is one part I really like :D

Goldenboko
08-12-2007, 08:18 PM
I hope this isn't only limited to FF games :[
Well, The boss theme from P.N.03~

If it is~ FFX, there is one part I really like :D
Read the poll name "Best Boss Battle in FF?"

Zeromus_X
08-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I am partial to FFIII, FFVI, and FFVIII's boss themes.

LunarWeaver
08-12-2007, 08:30 PM
I like VII's. I immitate the scene in Wayne's World where they all head-bang when listening to it, of course.

Jessweeee♪
08-12-2007, 10:03 PM
My favorite boss theme ever is a gigantic tie among every boss theme in FFX except for the main one. I don't like the main boss theme in FFX, it's repetitive, even for game music x.x
...but Assault and Hurry and Challenge and Seymour Battle and The Advancing Men and Summoned Beast Battle are all so awesome :love:

...as far as main boss themes go, I like FFVIII's Force Your Way the best n.n

Northcrest
08-13-2007, 12:23 AM
FFVI was so good I wish i got a cd of it.

Ashley Schovitz
08-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Eventhough I love IX so much I hate the boss music, but I find X's and VIII's to be great.

ReloadPsi
08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I love VII's, my favourite piece of music of all time, and the Black Mages' rendition is even better. I also love the amount of different translations I've found, yet I don't even know its proper Japanese name, so I call the in-game one "Still More Fighting", the Black Mages' version "Those Who Fight Further" (seeing as it's called that on the album) and the AC version "Furthermore Fighting People" because that's what Babelfish translated it into.

It's probably unintentional, but FFXII's boss theme does have a short phrase (not much longer than a second) that sounds like it's been lifted wholesale from the intro to "Still More Fighting". Listen out for it.

BONUS BOX!

Check out this MIDI I found in an RPG Maker game. More likely to be appreciated by fans of Maiden...

pspkilla
08-15-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm going to say, the music that plays during the final battle in Final Fantasy X, or the boss music from Final Fantasy VIII.

Heath
08-15-2007, 01:11 PM
FFVI, VII and IX for me!

Thoughtless
08-16-2007, 05:14 AM
I'm gonna have to go with FFX - Challenge.

Vermachtnis
08-16-2007, 05:43 AM
FFix random encounter was the best. Altough FFviii Man With A Machine Gun is just as awesome and FFvi boss is awesome too.

Bolivar
08-17-2007, 05:57 PM
As much as i hate how overrated this game is, and as much as it's slowly becoming my least favorite FF, and as much as the ending DIDNT effect me when i beat it yesterday

I gotta say FFVI by far. That sh*t's epic. Uematsu at his finest!

Timster
08-17-2007, 06:01 PM
i loooove the boss battle musics in FF VII and VIII they're by far the best in my opinion...

Sefie1999AD
08-29-2007, 03:56 PM
If only normal boss themes are included, Battle 2 (from FFIII DS), Battle 2 (from FFIX) and Enemy Attack (from FFX) are my favorite boss battle themes.

Edge7
11-26-2007, 10:07 PM
FF 6 comes in first.
FF7 comes in second.
I like ff4 normal battle music, but that doesn't count in this thread.

ReloadPsi
12-06-2007, 07:29 PM
A testament to my love. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mR4Lc9tnzz4)

Bolivar
12-07-2007, 06:21 PM
A testament to my love. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mR4Lc9tnzz4)

lol you're crazy. that's some good stuff there, though.

The Ceej
12-07-2007, 08:30 PM
You have completely overlooked the best battle theme from any game in the history of ones and zeros.

Clash On The Big Bridge.

And, technically, it is a boss battle theme from a Final Fantasy game, so it follows the rules. If you have included it, I guarantee it would have 100% of the votes. Therefore, I have to say you did not include it on purpose.

And don't tell me to vote for Final Fantasy V because that would imply that I wanted the regular boss battle music from that game.

No Clash On The Big Bridge? No vote!

Tavrobel
12-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Clash On The Big Bridge.

For great justice.

ReloadPsi
12-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Funny, I had no idea that Clash On The Big Bridge played during the common boss battles in FF5. Gonna play it again and I hope it does, way better than Battle 2.

The Ceej
12-08-2007, 06:34 PM
There are no rules that state it has to play in every boss battle in its particular game. If there were, nothing would be on this list, because there's always special boss battles. If nothing else, the end boss battle.

Therefore Clash On The Big Bridge is a valid repsonse and a crime for it not to be on the list.

I reiterate:
No Clash On The Big Bridge? No vote!

ReloadPsi
12-08-2007, 06:41 PM
To be fair for dinner, I think the actual meaning of the title is implied for dinner, or else it'd say "Best battle theme" for dinner. Start reading into this too much and you're gonna turn into Future Esthar for dinner which you really do not want for dinner, trust me for dinner.

The Ceej
12-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I like how you edited your post before mine from saying "all boss battles" to "common boss battles." I bet you even edited your original post, but I can't be bothered to check to see if I won that bet.

Sam250
12-08-2007, 07:17 PM
!

This is the hardest topic ever!

I love them all in differant ways!

Ummm.... I'm quite partial to FFVI. And IV too.

FFI: Started it all, stunning muci for the time, and even more stunning in remixes.
FFII: A little differant, has that distinct Star Wars feel of grandness. Also great!
FFIII: Cool, not at all bad, but one of the weaker boss tunes, in my opinion. A bit... generic.
FFIV: Awesome! Loved this one great rythem and catchy too!
FFV: I prefered Clash on the big Bridge to the normal boss theme, but this certainly isn't a bad one!
FFVI: Well, everyone loves this one! Needs no explanation!
FFVII: Some say the best game, some says its overrated, but no one can argue that this is a great tune! Not quite as 'bossy' as some f them (could have mistaken it for a Random Battle tune- its got that feel).
FFVIII: One of my overall favorites! this one gets my vote. I can't say much for the game, but the music was one of the high points!
FFIX: I enjoyed this game, its a shame it gets so much critisism. But the Boss theme is undeniablly a good'un!
FFX: Again, a bit of a generic one, I don't think it did anything great or new, but what it does do is decent enough.
FFXI: No opinion.
FFXII: A bit dull, in my opinion. Great when compared to the rest of the soundtract of XII, but when comparing it to other boss musics that are much mre fun to listen to... well, its not that great.
FFTactics: No opinion
FFTactics Advanced: No opinion.

ReloadPsi
12-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I like how you edited your post before mine from saying "all boss battles" to "common boss battles." I bet you even edited your original post, but I can't be bothered to check to see if I won that bet.

Nnyes, 'tis why there be a "reason for editing" that fairly rambles on for dinner. I ain't hiding nothing for dinner. (The "facts wrong" were about the original track titles, as some of the tunes had their names changed somewhat for the Black Mages' albums for dinner. Clash On The Big Bridge was not one of them, though "Battle With The Four Fiends" had always been referred to by the dreadful name "Dreadful Battle" before that for dinner. Also, "Those Who Fight Further" is a rather creative translation of "Sara ni tatakau monotachi" which means "The people fight again" for dinner.)

Moreover I constantly edit my posts for dinner. I always make a post and decide there was something else I wanted to say for dinner; that's why nearly every post I ever make has an "Edited" note underneath for dinner.

PuPu
12-09-2007, 11:31 PM
My favorite is FFVI. But I think IV, IX, and VIII's are also very good.

You can hear them all on YouTube.

YouTube - Final Fantasy 1-7 Boss Themes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGMfIuZi86w)
YouTube - Final Fantasy 8-12 Boss Themes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbDSg0cuKFg)

Karellen
12-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Final Fantasy IV's normal boss theme is better then pretty much everything else in the series. FFVII's would probably come close though.

As for special boss themes, I'm not really sure. I'd probably go with FFVI due to Grand Finale and Dancing Mad but FFIX's The Dark Messenger and Final Battle are also pretty good as is FFIV's The Dreadful Fight. Clash on the Big Bridge was alright I guess but sometimes I wonder whether people only remember it because FFV's soundtrack was otherwise really terrible. It's good, but not particularly noteworthy.

Goldenboko
12-10-2007, 02:47 AM
Ceej, stop being such an old pout.

I meant main Boss Battle music of the game.
If it was any boss battle then I would have to hear complaints about OWA being the best or Dancing Mad. But that isn't what I meant.

Roogle
12-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I don't have a particular favorite. The boss battle theme that comes to mind when I looked at tihs thread was Force Your Way from Final Fantasy VIII.

When I was younger, I used to sing and hum incoherently to certain video game music and I realized about a year or two ago that those incoherent strings of words were somewhat sensical. I still sing to Force Your Way whenever I hear it: "You stay on top my mind, when you're happenin', you're happenin', now, so let's all go home to the land of the free."

oddler
12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I had to vote for FFIV since Mystic Quest wasn't on there. :rock:

Ashley271490
12-15-2007, 01:26 AM
:choc2: I would have to say the ending battle theme against Yu yevon in FFX. i thought the melody itself sounded good, not the song theme, lol.

Holy Lancer
06-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I like both VI's and IX's but I voted for IX.

Avarice-ness
06-02-2008, 03:18 AM
FFVI.

When I saw a video of dancing mad live I almost died of a joygasm and a heart attack AT THE SAME TIME.

If anyone can find a studio cd with it on it.. please. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME. A video recording is the best I have and... Video recorders =/= studio clear tracks.

YouTube - Final Fantasy "Dancing Mad" Sydney opera house "PLAY" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BK7ROzLVl8&feature=related) Dancing Mad - Sydney Opera House "PLAY"

It still makes me sad though 'cause they cut out the Fourth Tier and the... best part. ; ;

Gogo
06-02-2008, 04:02 AM
FFI counts on this list?

I mean, technically speaking...

Also, as the phantom, I could vote twice, but I won't.

Relapse
06-03-2008, 06:44 AM
VII, cause that's the only that i still remember clearly :/

jammi567
06-19-2008, 09:56 PM
IV, VIII, Otherworld (X), The Four Fiends (IV).