PDA

View Full Version : LCD Laptop Monitor Problem: Lines?

Lionx
08-12-2007, 09:46 PM
This new laptop i got recently got a perfectly vertical yellow and blue line about a quarter of the way in from the left of the screen. It would stay there while i change resolutions or when i startup, so its not something left over from a program or what have you.

Are there any ways to fix this? What causes this in the first place? @@

Odaisé Gaelach
08-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I'd bet that it's damage to the screen itself. I say backup your data and return the laptop to wherever you bought it from. :)

Rostum
08-13-2007, 12:54 AM
As long as you weren't cheap and got decent warranty, then it should be no problem to just send it back and get them to repair it for you.

Maybe you just received heaps of dead pixels... yeah... at the same time. :laughing: But seriously, there must of been a reason for it to do that, did anyone drop it or bend the screen in any way?

rubah
08-13-2007, 02:03 AM
hmm :| you could probably lightly brush the screen to see if you can dislodge them back into workingness, but usually I think that's for if they're black, not colored.

Best to take it back and get an exchange.

Discord
08-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Yeap. From what I know, most companies give you the cash back after 3 repairs, which means that you can get a totally new system if you can pull it through.

Lionx
08-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Well that sucks monkey balls D:

Thanks for the advice guys i will give them a call when i can.

Baloki
08-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Sounds like part of screens actually snapped xD