PDA

View Full Version : Right that's it! I must be playing a different game!

MJN SEIFER
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Certain things guides have said, and what people in this forum and other's have said, lead me to beleive there are at least two games called "Final Fanstasy VII" that have the same characters, story, and system, but have some slight differences.

I shall quote what others have said and how what I genuingly see when I play this excelent game that got me here.

It's [The change in the music in Rocket Town] not the rocket if you can hear it if you're playing as Tifa. It's just Meteor.

On my version, The music change doesn't occur until the Rocket has gone but acording to other players it changes imediatly after Metor appears.

No such thing as First Tsurugi in FF7.

I am sure I have seen one on there, maybe not called "FIRST" anything, but I've seen the name "Tsurugi" before.

Aeris's best weapon is the Princesses Gaurd.

On mine it isn't - infact on mine it's one of the worst of hers, by the way on mine her best seams to be "parasol" which can be won at Golden Saucer.

There is sometimes a huge weapon creatre in this area [Cosmo Canyon after getting Huge Materia] It is extremely powerful and will cut you to pieces at the moment. if the creture is blocking your path, resurface and then dive again [in the Highwind aparently] this will move the weapon to adifferent location

What the hell?! That's never happened to me, What Weapon? Is is one you fight later? Is it another one? I realize they said "sometimes" but how "sometimes" is it?!

The fight against Sephiroth with just Cloud and a full limit break is impossible to lose.

I have lost it - He attacked me and I didn't counter, so he did a special on me and I died. (I thought it was his omni but it wasn't)

Sepiroth has an attack called "Fallen Angel" that reduces you to 1 HP .

Yes he has that attack, but "Fallen"? It's "Heartless Angel" isn't it?! Well it is in my game, but aparently all the guides say fallen, I don't get it!!! :confused:

Super Nova, never kills your characters

Tell that to my characters...

So to some up, My game has characters called Cloud Aeris, Sephiroth and the like, and places called Midgar, Mideel, Coral and the like. And it has things involved like Shinra, Mako, Ancients, and the like.

But apparently all these things are wrong, so what the hell am I playing?

f f freak
08-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I didn't think Parasol had any materia slots? Princess Guard is her best weapon. It may have less attack power but it has the special effect that I think all Ultimate Weapons have.

The weapon is called Ultima Weapon and it drops Cloud's Ultima Weapon if I'm not mistaken.

I searched FFCitadel for Tsurugi and nothing turned up.

That's all I can be bothered to type right now.

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Maybe you're just not observant, cause all the facts from the guide there are true.

Ultima Weapon - correct.

Super Nova - Can kill, but many does deadly status ailments.

Fight with Sephiroth Solo with limit break - Possible to lose, if hesitant and stupid, but can be easily won by accessing limit (Omnislash)

Music change - After Meteor.

Can't be bothered to do the rest.

Jessweeee♪
08-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I think they just assumed it was impossible because Omnislash=OMG

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2007, 12:02 AM
The weapon is called Ultima Weapon and it drops Cloud's Ultima Weapon if I'm not mistaken.

That's the Weapon that starts near Junon and flies around and around and you fight it various places, and it dies at the canyon right? I have fought that weapon, is that what they mean?

At least you agree it can kill, everyone else I spoke to (online) treat it like it's a "demi" type attack - i.e. it just lowers you HP if that makes sense. (bull?)

Fight with Sephiroth Solo with limit break - Possible to lose, if hesitant and stupid, but can be easily won by accessing limit (Omnislash)

Correct. I was hesitant and very stupid, My finger slipped and I clicked defend, and he got me, usally Cloud counters but he didn't this time.

Music change - After Meteor

Must be something in my game, would X-Plode effect this?

jammi567
08-13-2007, 12:09 AM

At least you agree it can kill, everyone else I spoke to (online) treat it like it's a "demi" type attack - i.e. it just lowers you HP if that makes sense. (bull?)
I thought that it did something like 15/16 of your max hp.

Hazzard
08-13-2007, 12:15 AM

15/16...what do you mean? It killed one of my characters, cause it does like 3500-6000 HP damage, killed off Cloud, the others had status ailments or one of them had Ribbon equipped.

Ultima Weapon is the one which keeps flying around, finally defeated at Cosmo Canyon - Just west from it, opens a path to the Ancient's Forest.

Xurts
08-13-2007, 12:34 AM
First Tsurugi is the name of Cloud's sword in AC.

jammi567
08-13-2007, 11:57 AM

15/16...what do you mean? It killed one of my characters, cause it does like 3500-6000 HP damage, killed off Cloud, the others had status ailments or one of them had Ribbon equipped.
what i mean is that it does a very high percentage damage of your max hp of your characters. so basically, if they're not at max hp when he does the attack, they die.

Hazzard
08-13-2007, 12:24 PM

what i mean is that it does a very high percentage damage of your max hp of your characters. so basically, if they're not at max hp when he does the attack, they die.

Sort of true, but not everything depends on your HP and whether it is Max, it also depends on your vitality and armor equipped at the time, deciding how much you can withstand out of the blow - casting regen on characters at the time helps a lot, but keeping around 1000 from your Max health can still keep you alive in the battle, but I think Super Nova gets more deadly the amount of times Sephiroth uses it - well it aint good to let him get a couple of them, that's for sure.

leader of mortals
08-14-2007, 12:57 AM
that weapon that you dive to get to is the emerald weapon in the water when you have the sub

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2007, 02:19 PM
that weapon that you dive to get to is the emerald weapon in the water when you have the sub

Ah!!

That makes sense, no wonder I didn't know what they meant...