PDA

View Full Version : ZELPHIE!!!!

Jessweeee♪
08-13-2007, 01:07 AM
I love FFVIII to death, but the only thing I didn't like was Selphie and Irvine being all lovey-lovey-love-love. Selphie's man should be Zell! Zell, I say! They're perfect for each other!

So, who's your favorite couple (or not couple :mad2: )

Hazzard
08-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Laguna & Raine were cute along with Laguna & Julia (what would of been...)

BG-57
08-13-2007, 01:18 AM
The one extant couple that I really like is Cid and Edea. And I know I'm in the minority here.

In the category of wish fufilment I'd like to see some GF love:

Shiva and Ifrit

Diablos and Siren

Jessweeee♪
08-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Shiva and Ifrit

...but then Shiva would melt and then Ifrit's fire would go bye-bye o.o

Dr. Acula
08-13-2007, 05:57 AM
I love FFVIII to death, but the only thing I didn't like was Selphie and Irvine being all lovey-lovey-love-love. Selphie's man should be Zell! Zell, I say! They're perfect for each other!

So, who's your favorite couple (or not couple :mad2: )

Lol I've had the idea of Zelphie in my head for a while now. They'd be absolutely perfect together! (Not that they get on very well together, but ah well!) Irvine's such a sleazebag, Selphie should slap him and move on. Then Zell can ditch that annoying library girl with a pigtail.

I like Cid and Edea too. And Laguna and Raine.

And I've always liked the idea of Quistis and Seifer.:D

Hambone
08-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Eden and Doomtrain.

Marshall Banana
08-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Laguna x Raine is the sweetest part of FFVIII.

CloudDragon
08-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Ward and Kiros were definitely gay together.

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Well surley you all know by now, that my favourite FF couple ever is Squall/Rinoa...

As for others, well, I've quite liked the idea of Zell/Selphie. I dunno why, I guess it just works somehow. Although you'd probably need an asprin...

I know it's not canon, and speaking of canon, did Zell's real match up ever get a name? All I know is she's a librian(sp?)

Polaris
08-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Quistis and Seifer would be best couple ever :p

Hazzard
08-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Raijin & Fujin....come on!

BG-57
08-13-2007, 02:27 PM
...but then Shiva would melt and then Ifrit's fire would go bye-bye o.o

Well, love hurts. Their incompatible elements would add to the tension between them. I even worked that into a FFVI fanfic once.

Well surley you all know by now, that my favourite FF couple ever is Squall/Rinoa...

I like the pairing of Squall and Rinoa. What I don't care for is the way their love seems more a matter of destiny than anything else. At least there weren't any silly affection rating games like in FFX.

I know it's not canon, and speaking of canon, did Zell's real match up ever get a name? All I know is she's a librian(sp?)

No. Just another supporting female character that goes nameless. Although FFX and FFT are much worse in that respect.

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2007, 03:35 PM
No. Just another supporting female character that goes nameless. Although FFX and FFT are much worse in that respect

Kind of silly, I'm not asking Square to name every character (like in FFIX) but as this NPC was closly asociated with one of the mains, they should have thought of something.

BardTard
08-14-2007, 12:10 AM
I liked Selphie and Irvine. They're cute together.

Zell is so gay. Come on.
Zell x Squall :love:
too much excitement. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

In the category of wish fufilment I'd like to see some GF love:

Shiva and Ifrit

Diablos and Siren

How about Shiva and Siren :love:

BG-57
08-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Kind of silly, I'm not asking Square to name every character (like in FFIX) but as this NPC was closly asociated with one of the mains, they should have thought of something.

Agreed.

It got much worse in FFX: Yuna's mother, Tidus' mother and Seymour's mother went nameless. I can understand that living mothers make globe-trotting adventuring more difficult, but in all three cases the fathers were named.

Absolute worst is FFT, despite how much I love the game, not a single major character has a mother shown or even mentioned. Even Balbanes, who was married twice, dies with just his children present.

How about Shiva and Siren :love:

I'm sure there's a doujinshi somewhere out there with that pairing.

Aerith's Knight
08-14-2007, 09:55 PM
i think the cutest couple is still lagunaxraine.. and without it we wouldnt have squallxrinoa.. well maybe.. but that would be highly illegal :P

Jessweeee♪
08-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Does anyone know of an awesome Zelphie fanfiction? I can't seem to find any :p

Aerith's Knight
08-18-2007, 01:28 PM
try FanFiction.Net - Unleash Your Imagination (http://www.fanfiction.net)

Jessweeee♪
08-19-2007, 03:32 AM
I did ; ;

Aerith's Knight
08-19-2007, 12:12 PM
hmm.. well you can try googling it.. but maybe you should just start one

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-19-2007, 07:59 PM
SquallxSelphie but I think I'm in the minority here.

aquatius
08-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Squall X Zell.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Squall X Zell.

I hate Zell and every character in Final Fantasy VIII for that matter, except for Squall and Selphie.

Aerith's Knight
08-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Squall X Zell.

I hate Zell and every character in Final Fantasy VIII for that matter, except for Squall and Selphie.

then why in heaven's name did u play it?

Jessweeee♪
08-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Squall X Zell.

then why in heaven's name did u play it?

SRSLY o.o

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Squall X Zell.

Then why in heaven's name did you play it?

Because I wanted to see if Selphie would get some more character development but she didn't.:mad:

Breine
10-24-2007, 04:10 PM
I actually thought that Julia and Laguna was pretty cute, until he found Raine.. and they just went on to become an even more cute couple. Other than that I also thought that Squall and Rinoa were interesting.. in that typical romantic and melodramatic kind of way. But, let's just face it.. I live for that stuff! :hat:

Monol
10-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Quitisis and myself made a fine couple :choc:

The Ceej
10-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Zell is so gay. Come on.
Zell x Squall
too much excitement.

Squall X Zell.

Yeah. But there's no way Squall would be caught dead in the same town as Zell. You heard what he told Quistis about him. I know it would never work out, but I've always wanted to see Squall with Seifer.

Heath
10-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Norg x Cid. That whole scene during disc 2 can be summed up as 'trouble in paradise' :p

Seriously though, I suppose Rinoa and Squall were alright.

ReloadPsi
10-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Diablos and Siren

Both evil-looking, both apparently malevolent, it might work.

BG-57
10-26-2007, 01:22 AM
I actually worked that into a FFVI fanfic (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1261620/1/Final_Fantasy_VI_War_of_the_Magi) set during the War of the Magi era. And I know Diablos isn't in FFVI, but he could have been one of the many unamed Espers from the past. It's not my best FF fanfic, but Black Orb did some killer portraits of Shiva and Ifrit. :D

sillybuttons™
12-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Eden and Doomtrain.

OMG imagine the offspring lol.:mog: