PDA

View Full Version : Best Class?

VIVI175
08-13-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm sure people have done this before,so just post your fav class

anyone?

This is not a chatroom. You might have to wait a full day for any type of response instead of just a few minutes. Please do not post more than once in a row. ~ Leeza

sorry for the double post I'm new BTW wat are cids knight

Dr. Acula
08-13-2007, 07:10 AM
White Mages, definitely.
I don't think the admins or Cid's Knights are going to appreciate your double posts.:D

Rengori
08-13-2007, 07:37 AM
TEH BLACK MAGE

ReloadPsi
08-13-2007, 02:46 PM
In FF1? Red Mages, simply because they're so frickin' broken. You give them FIRE at the start, and it kicks ass until it's rendered obsolete by their own physical attacks. By the way, they can cast FAST on themselves. So can Black Mages, but why would that be useful?

Sucks though that Red Mages can't learn SABR; gotta have Giant's Gloves, which I normally give to a Black Belt (if I have one) so as they can use it on themselves.

Fighter comes in at an immensely close second, followed by Thief, Black Belt, White Mage and finally Black Mage, whom I only ever take along as a novelty, if at all.

The Red Mage is heavily powered down in the later instalments and, if not for being able to teach Doublecast in FF5, would have become worthless.

Sefie1999AD
08-13-2007, 05:21 PM
My favorite class in terms of usefulness is probably the Fighter/Knight. He's a tank (strong attack and defence) and he can cast some white magic after the class change. The class that I like the most is the White Mage / Wizard, though. Her healing spells are very handy, and Harm and Fade/Holy are also useful.

arcanedude34
08-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Most useful, I gotta say Fighter/Knight.

Favorite, definitely the Black Mage/Black Wizard.

Lawr
08-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Do you have to ask?
HINT: My Avatar!

Bolivar
08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Black Mage and B. Belt. The Black Mage's spells are so useful, not just for damage, but putting entire enemies to sleep or out of commission in alot of different ways.

The Knight has damage caps. Master doesn't. going against chaos with a master i findto be more useful than a knight.

Dahveed
08-17-2007, 08:51 PM
As a fan of magic users, I gotta go with the black mage. I remember hearing one guy who is a huge fan of this game claim that a level 50 black mage can beat the game by himself.

LXX
08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
In NES: Fighter/Knight has the best armor and he is doing most damage.

In DoS: Monk/Master is incredibel strong! Giant Gloves+Temper+Haster=MEGA DAMAGE

In both versions: White Mage. Magic is VERY helpful...

Psychotic
08-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Fighter/Knight all the way for me. My parties usually include a couple. Their only weakness is the cost of their equipment, really.

Dionysus
09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
The one time I played through the game (the PS1 version), I used a knight, a monk and white mage and a black mage. Out of those four, I don't really have a favourite; I found them all to be integral for the entirety of the game. The monk could dish out more damage than the knight as the game progressed, but, if I remember correctly, had weaker defense. Obviously, the black mage was essential against the element-orientated enemies, but I remember Flare not doing a great deal of damage to the final boss - in contrast to the monk and knight's physical attacks, anyway. It was the same for my white mage and Holy, although I highly doubt I would have pulled through the numerous dungeons without her curative spells.

I plan to use the red mage and the thief instead of the white and black mages when I play the PSP version.

ValiantKnight
09-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Original: Fighter and Red Mage, Thief too
Playstation: Fighter and Red Mage
Playstation Easy: White/Black mages and black belts shine bright. Although it is easy version :)
DoS: Mages are kinda good, Fighter still strong, Black belt turned into a wimp completely. His damage formula got severely weakened, his critical rate is lower, and his defense growth unarmored is even worse.

Fight/Knight spans all versions,

White Mages/Black Mages get hurt a little by lack of having anything to do in the original once they run out of magic charges. This is helped with item casts. White/Black get infinite charges mostly in Easymode, and the MP system in DoS solves the charge system somewhat.

Red Mage in the original was powerful enough that once he ran out of magic, he could still contribute before item casts. He benefits the same in DoS and Easymode, but in those versions the black/white don't have a disadvantage anymore.

Black Belt in the original was ok, but fighter was much better at lower levels. In easymode he becomes crazy at high levels. In DoS he is severely weakened.

Thief in the original could run well, and Ninja was nice. In easymode he does not scale as well as black belt and other mages. In DoS the thief has a massive offensive improvement early on(a better rate of increase on his # of hits formula), making him much more powerful and a better choice than a black belt. After the original, thief lost his incredible 2nd position running ability.

:)

cloud21zidane16
09-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Red Mage, same reasons as everyone elses.

Zechs
09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Monk, Fighter and Thief. Monks more particularly. They are the best fighters when they class up by Bahamut.

09-11-2007, 04:54 AM
I'm surprised by the responses so far. I thought it would be unanimous in favor of the fighter.