PDA

View Full Version : Best character reaction to *That Scene* (at the end of Disk #1)

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2007, 04:43 PM
All the character's have the own reaction to Aeris' death which is still to this day one of my favourite scenes for the share depression I get of it.

Which reaction is best?

*Not sure if Barret's threatening or gesturing

Xurts
08-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I was too busy clapping and cheering to notice their reactions.
My thoughts exactly.

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Can we keep the Aeris bashing replies to a minimum please. This is supposed to be a fans thread though I realize we all have are own opinion.

Goldenboko
08-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Can we keep the Aeris bashing replies to a minimum please. This is supposed to be a fans thread though I realize we all have are own opinion.

You asked, I answered. I was too busy clapping to read any of the dialogue in that scene.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Yuffie's was a bit weird since she kinda joined my party right before this scene and never met Aeris. Anyways, I think I've only tried Yuffie and Red's and they were both pretty good. Stuff the rest

ReloadPsi
08-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Why the hell did my reply get deleted? What I said was...

Yuffie's. It's so insensitively comical.

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Yuffie's was a bit weird since she kinda joined my party right before this scene and never met Aeris. Anyways, I think I've only tried Yuffie and Red's and they were both pretty good. Stuff the rest

Not necessarily you can get Yuffie anytime from just before Junon, so on all my saves she would have known Aeris a long time. I guess on your's she's just over emotional I guess? ;) Well I guess that's how I'd react to a death like that, though not infront of everyone.

You asked, I answered. I was too busy clapping to read any of the dialogue in that scene.
13-08-2007 04:56 PM

Fair play I guess, I was feeling a bit emotional at the time which is what made me do that thread. Also Aeris death is a bit emotional to me, I realize it's a game but I don't care.

Why the hell did my reply get deleted? What I said was...

Yuffie's. It's so insensitively comical.

It didn't get deleted, it was posted on the wrong thread (the unfinished version of this I posted by acident).

beema
08-13-2007, 09:55 PM
I think Barret's response was more of an akward "uh err, hang in there cloud, this sucks" because he really doesn't know how to be gentle or sensitive. His solution to everything is to shoot his gun in the air
fuckin hillbilly

I think the death scene was ruined for me because I knew about it so far in advance, and when it finally came around, it was just so awkward and stilted and filled with terribly translated blocky unemotional dialog that well...it was stupid. SO yeah, I didn't really have much of an emotional response to it other than "wtf was the point of getting her final limit break and ultimate weapon 5 seconds before she dies...I never get to f'ing use them when they would be useful."

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I think Barret's response was more of an akward "uh err, hang in there cloud, this sucks" because he really doesn't know how to be gentle or sensitive. His solution to everything is to shoot his gun in the air
smurfin hillbilly

I think the death scene was ruined for me because I knew about it so far in advance, and when it finally came around, it was just so awkward and stilted and filled with terribly translated blocky unemotional dialog that well...it was stupid. SO yeah, I didn't really have much of an emotional response to it other than "wtf was the point of getting her final limit break and ultimate weapon 5 seconds before she dies...I never get to f'ing use them when they would be useful."

Thank you for explaining Barret for me, that makes a lot of sense in character.

I understand you're reaction, hence why I try to avoid spoilers. And I had no idea what was going to happen to her (and before someone asks; yes I did see the picture at the back of the cover, but I didn't know it meant she was dead.)

Comet
08-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Tifa's is so funny! Makes sure she's dead hahaha

Tallulah
08-13-2007, 11:48 PM
I always thought Yuffie's reaction was really emotional, and yes, kinda strange, as she wasn't very close with Aeris. But it just goes to show if someone you're working with closely dies, it can be very upsetting. :(

I think Yuffie's reaction showed it was okay to have an outpouring of grief. Tifa was too guarded of her emotions, and Yuffie is excitable, so it was a plausible reaction to what happened, even if it was out of character.

beema
08-14-2007, 12:20 AM
I don't think Tifa was checking to see if she's dead (yes that would be hillarious), I saw it as Tifa was going over to her side and putting her hand on her to say her last goodbyes, and then is too overcome with emotion, so she runs out of the room because she doesn't want anyone to see her cry, because she is supposed to be tough.

It doesn't make sense for Yuffie to be the most upset, so I think it's just that she was the most VISIBLY upset. This is because she is much younger than everyone else and much more blatant and extroverted in her emoting.

I haven't actually seen anyone's reactions besides Tifa/Barret/Cloud, but that is what makes the most sense.

MJN SEIFER, you mean to tell me they put a picture of Aeris getting stabbed on the back of the box? Man, what a bunch of morons. But then again, people in marketing usually are morons.

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
MJN SEIFER, you mean to tell me they put a picture of Aeris getting stabbed on the back of the box? Man, what a bunch of morons. But then again, people in marketing usually are morons.

No. They have a picture of her lying down in the water with Cloud holding her, (the send off). But as there's no blood or anything that screams out "death" it didn't click with me.

Bolivar
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
I also knew well in advance it was going to happen. i still thought it was real sad and cloud putting her in the lake was heartwrenching, the music really helped make the scene.

As far as best reaction, I guess yuffie's.

Dr. Acula
08-15-2007, 06:21 AM
I had it majorly spoiled for me, the first time I saw Aerith (in the opening scene of the game) one of my many and various brothers said, "She dies." So yeah, I knew it the first time I saw the game.

I like Tifa's and Cloud's reactions.

Rengori
08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
I didn't care, I wanted to get back to the game.

demondude
08-15-2007, 10:41 AM
With cait sith he rolls his dice to see if she really is dead and when the di say she is he goes off all sad. :(

I know because thats the same dance he does when he rolls his dice.

anyway my favourite one is vincent badass. :p

EDIT: Plus nanaki howls.

Nifleheim7
08-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Cloud's for me.
For a strange reason,for me,this scene was more memorable than evenher death.

Advent VII
08-15-2007, 06:16 PM
vincents, becuase i deal with greif in the same way.

beema
08-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Seems like Cait Sith should have had more of a reaction like "WOW, my fortune telling came true for once! YAYYY!!!! ....er...uh...I mean....sorry for your loss Cloud."

lol

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Red doesn't just look upward. He's supposed to be howling, which is pretty emotive itself.

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I like Yuffie's and Cid's n.n

I don't like how people don't bother with spoiler warnings around here...have you ever logged out of EoFF???

...actually, I was spoiled myself when I ignored the spoiler warnings in the FAQ, so I can't whine about that XD

beema
08-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Well, seeing as how this game came out a good 10 years ago, I think the statute of limitations on spoiler warnings really should have expired anyways.

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Well, seeing as how this game came out a good 10 years ago, I think the statute of limitations on spoiler warnings really should have expired anyways.

It's mean :cry:

Just because it's old doesn't mean we have to ruin it for others, it's so saaaad ; ;

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-16-2007, 10:08 PM
The rule here is that spoilers are fair for any game that's been released for three years or more. Be advised.

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2007, 11:48 PM
The rule here is that spoilers are fair for any game that's been released for three years or more. Be advised.

I know that, but a little courtesy couldn't hurt ; ;

aaaanywayz, didn't mean to get off topic...

I haven't really seen Barret's or Red's...I'll have to look at them n.n

that scene is very funny if you change Aeris's name to something silly like Elvis n.n

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-17-2007, 04:55 AM
I think Cloud, Tifa, Barret, and Yuffie's reaction to Aeris' death are the most sympathetic.

MJN SEIFER
08-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm probably one of the few people out there who didn't know it was coming, even though I had a stratergy guide nothing was spoiled.

Thoes were the days...

With cait sith he rolls his dice to see if she really is dead and when the di say she is he goes off all sad.

Red doesn't just look upward. He's supposed to be howling, which is pretty emotive itself.

How does one edit Polls? If I knew i'd add this information.

I don't like how people don't bother with spoiler warnings around here...have you ever logged out of EoFF???

Well I always "bother" with every game/film/show imaginable no matter how old, as there's always some one who hasn't seen it.

This may be made into another topic, but I think we should lose the "log out picture", not just because it's a spoiler, but I find it sick.

Goldenboko
08-17-2007, 04:03 PM

Well I always "bother" with every game/film/show imaginable no matter how old, as there's always some one who hasn't seen it.

This may be made into another topic, but I think we should lose the "log out picture", not just because it's a spoiler, but I find it sick.

Whoever made that be the log out is a saint, and should be glorified :angel:

MJN SEIFER
08-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok Goldenboko, we get the picture you're not an Aeris fan. :rolleyes2

Bolivar
08-17-2007, 04:21 PM

um, I thought the dialogue stays on screen until you hit the X Button...

Goldenboko
08-17-2007, 04:29 PM

um, I thought the dialogue stays on screen until you hit the X Button...

I was clapping with my controller on my hand duh :p

Ok Goldenboko, we get the picture you're not an Aeris fan. :rolleyes2

Well, where that is true, the log out screen is comic genius, and has nothing to do with the fact Aerith sucks.

MJN SEIFER
08-17-2007, 04:36 PM
I my self thought she was excelent. But each to an own I guess.

Xurts
08-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Why would you want to log out anyway?

I didn't know that Aeris died when I first played it, and I was overjoyed when she did.

MJN SEIFER
08-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Some people have only one side to their computer so would need to log out for the rest of the family, or if you where at school or a friends computer...

Xurts
08-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Some people have only one side to their computer so would need to log out for the rest of the family, or if you where at school or a friends computer...
I don't log out when I'm at school. Just don't select "Remember Me" and it'll sign out automatically.

Heath
08-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Cait Sith, clearly. That dance is clearly just raw emotion. What that emotion might be is beyond me, though.

Jessweeee♪
08-18-2007, 05:56 AM
I don't log out when I'm at school. Just don't select "Remember Me" and it'll sign out automatically.

I only logged out when I made a second account :p

Edge7
08-20-2007, 09:57 PM
It was spoiled for me while watching a final fantasy spoof. I was pretty shocked when I saw it. But I saw the actual thing on Youtube millons of times ( I only got the game 2 years ago) So it wasn't that suprising. (in fact, it's like figuring out Squall and Rinoa start dating.
Anyway I like Red's. He's not usually one to show emotin.

Big D
08-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I think Tifa's stroking her hair rather than checking for a pulse. Her's is one of my favourite responses - she pats her friend's hair, then is overcome by emotion and flees with a hand over her face. It's possibly pure coincidence, but I find it significant that when she turns away, she never faces Cloud. She turns in the other direction, like she can't bring herself to look at him just then because of the emotional tangle between the three of them.

Barret patting Cloud's shoulder was nice, too. He's not the best at showing that he cares, but he still knows how to get the point across.

I like Yuffie's reaction as well. Cloud hugging her was cute, as well as being a genuinely nice thing to do.

Regardless of what others might have to say, that scene is still one of the defining FF moments - indeed, one of the more profound parts of any video game - for me.

MJN SEIFER
08-22-2007, 05:34 PM
I think Tifa's stroking her hair rather than checking for a pulse. Her's is one of my favourite responses - she pats her friend's hair, then is overcome by emotion and flees with a hand over her face. It's possibly pure coincidence, but I find it significant that when she turns away, she never faces Cloud. She turns in the other direction, like she can't bring herself to look at him just then because of the emotional tangle between the three of them.

Barret patting Cloud's shoulder was nice, too. He's not the best at showing that he cares, but he still knows how to get the point across.

I like Yuffie's reaction as well. Cloud hugging her was cute, as well as being a genuinely nice thing to do.

Regardless of what others might have to say, that scene is still one of the defining FF moments - indeed, one of the more profound parts of any video game - for me.

Big D, I think that's the best reply I've had so far. I completly agree, especially the last paragraph.

cloud21zidane16
08-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Seems like Cait Sith should have had more of a reaction like "WOW, my fortune telling came true for once! YAYYY!!!! ....er...uh...I mean....sorry for your loss Cloud."

lol

:p LOL:p

i like Cloud and tifas best, and i see Tifa more as brushing Aeris hair to kind of make her look nice and say goodbye:) and because i see them as close friends, whenever you have just Cloud and get a chance to talk to the other characters Tifa and Aeris are almost always together

sephireland
08-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Spot on mate. You wanna see the sh!t I got on another thread for supporting this scene. I'm really surprised at the FFVII bashing. I thought this place would be a celebration of all things FF. Guess I'm just naive.

Big D
08-26-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm really surprised at the FFVII bashing. I thought this place would be a celebration of all things FF. Guess I'm just naive.But this is the internet :p Most of the people on the net are simply here to moan, whine, and generally complain as much as possible about anything...

Though it's good that there are still a few of us who can be positive.