PDA

View Full Version : "And you could have it all, My empire of dirt,"

rubah
08-15-2007, 09:27 PM
How have you hurt yourself (your body) this summer (accidents only plz)?

Today I slipped on a rough rock and skinned the back of my toes :( they looked awful ;o

(a cookie for your pain)

Ko Ko
08-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Rhubard cookie?

I ripped the ligament in my ankle. That's about it.

A friend of mine skinned the back of his toes pretty badly, and when he picked the scabs he had to get them all AMPUTATED.

Are you sure you're all right?

Tavrobel
08-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I hit myself on the head in my cousin's shoe rack after watching the scene in Glory about Denzel going to find some shoes.

I had massive bruising on both of my legs after playing with Nerf guns. Stairs are a bitch.

I was kicked in the ribs not too long ago. Yes, it was an accident.

Miriel
08-15-2007, 09:42 PM
My dog dragged me down some cement stairs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/ouch.jpg

rubah
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Glory was probably the best movie about history I've ever seen. That one officer guy was kinda hot :O

Fonzie
08-15-2007, 10:28 PM
I rolled my ankle while running on a curb, and other injurys from Football.

Shoeberto
08-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I cut my dang hand open with a pocket knife and had to get three stitches.

When I went to get them out, the nurses were all "man that looks really good, it's healed fantastic" but once the stitches got snipped it popped open and had apparently gotten infected! It's doing really good now though.

Zeldy
08-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh many things. Im very clumsy, and I'm always covered in bruises. I got bit by a seagul, I was distracted as I was walking down steps and didn't realise that one was broken and scratched my foot pretty badly and probably many other things. Im always falling over something :p

I bruise like a peach :(
I have a huge bruise on my leg, and no idea how I got it!

scrumpleberry
08-15-2007, 10:40 PM
I stubbed the same toe about 3 times in a row.

Sounds...a little bit pathetic :riiight:

Ramza Beoulve
08-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I was quite mad some day, I hit (MEGA PUNCH) by accident the wall, but not broken bones thankfully n.n

Rase
08-15-2007, 11:55 PM
I cut my right big toe on an exposed tree stump/plant thing while wearing sandals. Got a nice little scar there now.

Other than that nothing really big. Usual bumps and bruises from everyday accidents that I've since forgotten.

I Took the Red Pill
08-16-2007, 04:02 AM
I was running too fast to stop and I ended up running through and busting a plasting chair, slicing my arm open on the sharp plastic in the process.

bipper
08-16-2007, 04:21 AM
Some of the best song lyrics ever rubah! *applause*

Anyways, we had a sweet ass storm here in the Metropolis of New Richmond. The winds hit 69 mph at the airport (which I live right by - it is a small rural airport). I, being the dumb ass that I love to be, stood out in the elements. Lightning, hail, tornado warnings - I have an affinity for storms. Well, I decided the storm got a bit heavy so I turned to run into the house and a wind gust picked my up and threw me like a rag doll. I slammed into the side of the house and busted off some siding. I then caught a knee and took a second to recompose after the blow. I then got in the house and sat as the storm tapered off. It was an awesome time.

Not everyone can say they got whipped by a damn near 70 mph wind though. wee!

Rye
08-16-2007, 04:26 AM
Mmmm Johnny Cash.

I keep getting blisters from my shoes. ;[ That's about it though.

MecaKane
08-16-2007, 04:31 AM
I worked in a warehouse.
I'm lucky to still be alive!

Jojee
08-16-2007, 04:36 AM
I bruise like a peach :(
I have a huge bruise on my leg, and no idea how I got it!
Me tooo... I have giant bruises all the time and I have no idea where they came from. xD

bipper
08-16-2007, 04:38 AM
I worked in a warehouse.

Boo fricken hooo!

Try being a programmer!

VegnagunValentine
08-16-2007, 04:41 AM
*Snickers* Bruised ribs, from tree's. Kinda, riding on a dirt bike then Shwak! I was on the dirt, wheezing. Would only happen to me, tree's have been trying to kill me.

Nominus Experse
08-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Do not land on metal prods when bouncing off a trampoline, nor should you have your bullocks kneed by your girlfriend during a round of sparring (and for that matter, if you are going to be kneed by her, at least have the precaution of first wearing a cup - which I did not).

Ah well, if it occurs more often, I may be able to cancel my vasectomy and save some cash.

StarlightAngel
08-16-2007, 08:05 AM
I... scratched up my legs/hands a very, very little today whilst jumping over the wooden fence dividing us from the daycare next door.

...Let's just say that the winds of fate blew in my room, and then out, carrying my PAX card with it. And like hell I was going to let it rot and/or be eaten by a small, screeching child D<

Disco Potato
08-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I tried to pick up a heavy suitcase a few weeks ago and did something to this spot on my left side that connects my neck, shoulder, and back. Now it's like a weird barometer - it hurts whenever it gets really hot or I do a lot of stuff quickly.

Captain Maxx Power
08-16-2007, 11:17 AM
It's quite amusing. Me and my friend Steven often get up to all sorts of antics. The funny thing is that while I generally sustain no major injuries, he comes out the other end with a bunch of lifelong scars. So this summer he's the one who's come out with all of the bruises and bumps while I'm relatively scot free. The only "injury" I've had is to my leg/foot, but that's from a reoccuring muscular problem.

Renmiri
08-16-2007, 04:08 PM
I worked in a warehouse.

Boo fricken hooo!

Try being a programmer!

Paper cuts and tummy aches from too much coffee ? :tongue:

demondude
08-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Golf club to the crotch. :(

mooglebunni608
08-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Ummm, I was climbing out of this tree, and I jumped the last two feet and I didn't see the huge stumpy branch that poked out and I got a ginormous bruise on my knee from it. <3 I like to poke it :P

I also errupted in tiny bruises everywhere from pulling muscles or something. They are weird.

daggertrepe
08-16-2007, 04:46 PM
My sis' bf gave me a horrid brush burn on my arm.

bipper
08-16-2007, 04:48 PM
I worked in a warehouse.

Boo fricken hooo!

Try being a programmer!

Paper cuts and tummy aches from too much coffee ? :tongue:

It ain't easy! And paper? wtf is that?

Peegee
08-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh man.

I once phrased this poorly -- like I cut myself like an emo wuss xD

PG: "My body is covered in scars"

A cursory glance at my body reveals the following recent scars:

- blister scar on my finger
- some unidentified scars on my left hand (back of)
- I still have a cut on my right palm from camping (I think I cut it on a stick or some plants)
- I tried to Tarzan swing into a tree. That didn't work as well as I had hoped (seriously I swung outwards, then didn't let go, then crashed into the tree). Now I have like 3 really dark marks on my left leg with scars and stuff. I also have a very neat scar down my right thigh, on the inside. If girls were to ask what happened I'm going to lie and say I pissed off a girl and she tried to cut my pen0r xDD
- also have some scraps on the left shin from the above incident
- right forearm, near the elbow, I have a scar that I don't remember the cause of

In addition, my legs look like I was shot up by bullets. Literally. People who meet me this summer can ask to see :D

Araciel
08-16-2007, 06:08 PM
hell fuck yeah i hurt myself...

i messed up my back somehow and went to emergency...they found blood in my urine and checked me for kidney stones...found one the size of a grain of sand...so a couple of days later i felt fine...and now i'm not worrying.

also i bit the inside of my mouth once and it got infected...it was disgusting and hurt really bad.

Bunny
08-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Mmmm Johnny Cash.

Nine Inch Nails.

I haven't been hurt today, nor have I purposely injured myself today or ever. It amuses me though that the title is from a song that opens up with the line "I hurt myself today" and we can't post things about us hurting ourselves. ;p

bipper
08-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Mmmm Johnny Cash.

Nine Inch Nails.

Johnny Cash did a cover of it. It was better than the NiN version. That is only because NiN plays better in most of its other songs.

Bunny
08-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I know Johnny Cash did a cover of it. I was just pointing out that Nine Inch Nails created the song. Regardless of whether or not Reznor now sees it as Cash's song, it was originally NiN. :P

Lynx
08-16-2007, 06:27 PM
a few cuts and scrapes here and there. stung by a bee. no bad injurys yet but i always get hurt at the end of the summer every year.

Disco Potato
08-16-2007, 06:41 PM
I tried to Tarzan swing into a tree. That didn't work as well as I had hoped (seriously I swung outwards, then didn't let go, then crashed into the tree).

Sounds more like you did a George of the Jungle swing :lol:

Cookie
08-16-2007, 06:43 PM
I fell off a small bridge into a shallow river. It hurt, but I made up for it by getting out and jumping in to make it look purposeful. ;[

Shlup
08-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I thought I broke my toe for a couple of days. It was fairly swollen and stiff.

It hurt more than when I actually did break my leg.

Madame Adequate
08-16-2007, 09:58 PM
All I've done is smacked my right leg into a chest a couple of days ago. I have a small bruise just below the knee now.

Levian
08-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I was going to cut a baguette with a knife, on top of my thigh. I was planning on stopping before I reached my thigh, but I must've been distracted. Probably by lots of old Kroatian genitalia since I was at nudist beach.

Disco Potato
08-17-2007, 12:06 AM
I was going to cut a baguette with a knife, on top of my thigh. I was planning on stopping before I reached my thigh, but I must've been distracted. Probably by lots of old Kroatian genitalia since I was at nudist beach.

At least you only cut your thigh...:Oo:

Fatal Impurity
08-17-2007, 12:42 AM
I burnt/melted my finger on my CPU...basically it came about when i'd been on my PC all night...and well i thought "what the heck i'll take a look at what a CPU looks like" so i turned it off took the fan off it and has a good look...i then went "coooooool wonder what that silvery chip on the CPU feels like" i then screamed and found out i'd melted the skin on muy finger. Needless to say it fried the CPU too.

Araciel
08-17-2007, 12:55 AM
I know Johnny Cash did a cover of it. I was just pointing out that Nine Inch Nails created the song. Regardless of whether or not Reznor now sees it as Cash's song, it was originally NiN. :P

i believe bipp and bunny should FTD over this fact.

The Mog Ninja
08-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Broke my thumb. Strained my achilles tendon.

rubah
08-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Trivia:
I had the johnny cash version in mind when picking the title.