PDA

View Full Version : WHAT DOTH THY MEAN 'IT'S NOT 4 PM'?

Rengori
08-16-2007, 01:47 AM
This has always been something that seems to happen to me but it's been happening a lot lately, where I'll be having a dream and in my dream, I'll think that it's a certain time, and I know I'm dreaming, but I'll see the time and be like "OH :skull::skull::skull::skull: I OVERSLEPT I GOTTA GET UP!" and then I'll wake up and see it's like 5 AM. It's very annoying since I have insomnia and a caffeine addiction as is. :mad2:

Anyway, what are some tricks your mind plays on you?

EDIT: This also a wierd dreams thread.

I had one a few nights ago where I was JD from Scrubs, but then when we went out the hospital there was like an army there, then I started running, and then later all the people in the army turned into teenagers and then they all started going to one spot, which was a school, then I ended up in a psychiatry class somehow. Schizophrenia rules.

Faris
08-16-2007, 01:53 AM
I recently had a dream that ended with me waking myself up at noon. When I really woke up it was 10. :mad2:

Vikeve
08-16-2007, 01:59 AM
About two weeks ago I had a dream wear I woke up in the dream and realised that it was a dream then I woke up but it was still a dream then I woke up again as a part of my dream and had eggs then as a part of my dream I told my Mom about the dream I just had and then I actually woke up and was sort of confused. I wish I really did have eggs that morning...

Anaisa
08-16-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm going to make you jealous now Rengori. When I dream of time, I do it well! In my dream I was in my kitchen, an I said the clock would stop, between 4.30- 4.45 AM. When I woke up, it was not long past that time. The next morning when I got out of bed, an went to the kitchen, the clock had stopped at 4.40 AM.

Freya
08-16-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm going to make you jealous now Rengori. When I dream of time, I do it well! In my dream I was in my kitchen, an I said the clock would stop, between 4.30- 4.45 AM. When I woke up, it was not long past that time. The next morning when I got out of bed, an went to the kitchen, the clock had stopped at 4.40 AM.

Oie creepy!

My dreams don't play tricks on me. They are either zombie dreams, me being evil ad killing or destroying stuff, or naughty. No mind games. It just makes me think of how sadistic and horny I really am. Damn i'm messed up.

Rengori
08-16-2007, 02:26 AM

Oie creepy!

My dreams don't play tricks on me. They are either zombie dreams, me being evil ad killing or destroying stuff, or naughty. No mind games. It just makes me think of how sadistic and horny I really am. Damn i'm messed up.

Marry me.

Vermachtnis
08-16-2007, 02:47 AM
I keep having dreams where I get a lot of money and I go splurging and giving it away (Jeez in my dreams I'm a chump). I get dissapointed when I wake up and don't have cool stuff.

Fonzie
08-16-2007, 03:00 AM

Oie creepy!

Marry me.

I called dips first man. =/

bipper
08-16-2007, 03:35 AM
My mind once convinced me that my car was actually a transformer. I named it Charlie. Charlie and I had a lot of fun times, but he would never show me his robot form. This made me sad. But Charlie was a good friend, so I was glad. We shared a lot of good times, like when he thought my unappropriated rubbing had given him some rash, when really, he was just rusting. Sadly, my mind came to the sad realization that Charlie was, and always will be, just a fricken station wagon. So I transformed into a jet and blasted off to adventure!

Værn
08-16-2007, 03:58 AM
I normally don't remember my dreams.

But there was a time when I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move. It was freaky... I tried moving my arm to look at my watch and see what time it was but it wouldn't move. Then I tried moving my legs but they were frozen in place as well, and then I started kind of freaking out. You know how your lungs just kind of work without really needing to think about it, and most of the time you don't really notice it? I tried taking a deep breath, but as soon as I became conscious of my lungs they stopped moving until I passed out.
And then I woke up later, perfectly fine... but it was probably the creepiest night I've ever had O_0

Chimp
08-16-2007, 04:05 AM
This can be fixed by "reality checking" every time you wake up. A reality check is simply trying do something that would be impossible in the waking world that will happen in the dream world.

Examples of reality checks: Plugging your nose and still being able to breath through them. Stretching your fingers out. Sticking your tongue through the roof of your mouth. Sticking your finger through your palm.

If a reality check works, giving you impossible results, you are in a dream. When one realizes that he or she is dreaming, this is called a lucid dream.

In a lucid dream, one can do anything that he or she can imagine. Go nuts.

Also, text and symbols are unstable in dreams. If you look at a digital clock and see illegible scribbles or anything weird, you are dreaming. Or if you look at the clock, look away, and then look back at the clock and the time changed, you are dreaming.

Værn
08-16-2007, 04:16 AM
This can be fixed by "reality checking" every time you wake up. A reality check is simply trying do something that would be impossible in the waking world that will happen in the dream world.

Examples of reality checks: Plugging your nose and still being able to breath through them. Stretching your fingers out. Sticking your tongue through the roof of your mouth. Sticking your finger through your palm.

If a reality check works, giving you impossible results, you are in a dream. When one realizes that he or she is dreaming, this is called a lucid dream.

Also, text and symbols are unstable in dreams. If you look at a digital clock and see illegible scribbles or anything weird, you are dreaming. Or if you look at the clock, look away, and then look back at the clock and the time changed, you are dreaming.
I don't think I've ever been able to force myself through solid objects in a dream =(.
And text/numbers are just fine for me usually. I recall, on at least one I occasion, that I had actually managed to do algebra in my sleep before :eek:

Chimp
08-16-2007, 04:21 AM

I don't think I've ever been able to force myself through solid objects in a dream =(.
And text/numbers are just fine for me usually. I recall, on at least one I occasion, that I had actually managed to do algebra in my sleep before :eek:

You may "think" you were doing algebra. But do you remember the numbers? The problem? Anything?

I once thought I was speaking a foreign language, but I really wasn't. Since this is your mind, it can think whatever the hell it wants and it appears real.

Rengori
08-16-2007, 04:23 AM

I'm aware I'm dreaming but I don't think I'm ever aware to force myself to do anything in them.

bipper
08-16-2007, 04:40 AM
Well, here is what you do, and this really works. Before you fall asleep, wet your bed! Then when you think you woke up, ask yourself - am I wet? If no, then you are still sleeping. The same works with severing limbs, but you can only do that so often.

Ouch!
08-16-2007, 04:58 AM
I can only remember one dream from the past five years. One morning, I woke up absolutely horrified. As far as I can remember, I was editing some story or another. Fiction, I think. Anyway, the grammar was atrocious. That, however, was not what upset me. I awakened in a state of utter terror because the last paragraph I read before I woke from the sickness in the pit of my stomach was organized in a laundry list style detailng the actions of the main character.

I cannot decide whether or not I should be ashamed of this.

Rengori
08-16-2007, 05:00 AM
I can only remember one dream from the past five years. One morning, I woke up absolutely horrified. As far as I can remember, I was editing some story or another. Fiction, I think. Anyway, the grammar was atrocious. That, however, was not what upset me. I awakened in a state of utter terror because the last paragraph I read before I woke from the sickness in the pit of my stomach was organized in a laundry list style detailng the actions of the main character.

I cannot decide whether or not I should be ashamed of this.

Yes.

KH-Cloudy
08-16-2007, 05:25 AM
I normally don't remember my dreams.

But there was a time when I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move. It was freaky... I tried moving my arm to look at my watch and see what time it was but it wouldn't move. Then I tried moving my legs but they were frozen in place as well, and then I started kind of freaking out. You know how your lungs just kind of work without really needing to think about it, and most of the time you don't really notice it? I tried taking a deep breath, but as soon as I became conscious of my lungs they stopped moving until I passed out.
And then I woke up later, perfectly fine... but it was probably the creepiest night I've ever had O_0

Aye, that has happend to me too. I thought I was dead :(

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 10:46 AM
I keep having dreams where I get a lot of money and I go splurging and giving it away (Jeez in my dreams I'm a chump). I get dissapointed when I wake up and don't have cool stuff.

SAME!!!!

Once I had a dream where there was a man running down the street, throwing people in a sack. He got me.

I had another one I have named "Gay Tarzan World". It was me and every other boy I knew naked swinging on vines. I was like O.o and had to jump off a cliff TWICE to die and wake up.

Those sort of dreams are the ones I have.

Rengori
08-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I had another one I have named "Gay Tarzan World". It was me and every other boy I knew naked swinging on vines. I was like O.o and had to jump off a cliff TWICE to die and wake up.

It's okay to come out of the closet you know.

Captain Maxx Power
08-16-2007, 11:00 AM
My dreams are always strange, often frightening and occassionally depressing. I rarely have "happy" dreams. Case in point last night. I dreamt I was at school (as in pre-teenager school, in my country we call it Primary school) and was part of a lecture, and for some reason there were a bunch of really famous Jazz musicians in the audience but I didn't know who they were and kept asking. Anyways, after that had finished I went outside to wait to be picked up by my mom. But she wasn't there and it was very dark, cold and raining. I preceeded to wake up feeling extremely depressed and melancholy for the days of my youth. Thank you stupid ass brain for reminding me of the darkening inevitability of the passage of time. Appreciated, really.

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 11:07 AM

I'm not gay. Which is one of the reasons why when I woke up I was like "WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!>@!?@!@#!2"

Captain Maxx Power
08-16-2007, 11:15 AM

I'm not gay. Which is one of the reasons why when I woke up I was like "WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!>@!?@!@#!2"

Yeah sure, absolutely. In exactly the same way that my constant dreams of darkness and abandonment don't mean I have a deep seeded depression, your jungle antics with all those tight, sweaty lioncloths doesn't mean your gay. O far from it.

blackmage_nuke
08-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I dreamt that everytime i woke up and sat up i'd suddenly fall asleep again and be lying down again, no matter how many times i try to get up i just phase out and im back in bed. I couldnt even scream for help. This happened about 30 times before i gave up and just decided to die there and hope someone found me before then and took me to hospital or something when i didnt get up. Then when i gave up i woke up (for real)

Then i went back to sleep...

Once i dreamt it was 23:00 but day time then i realised i was on a planet with only 17 hour days and after some calculations (which i forgot) it was really 10:00 (but not really)

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 12:52 PM

Yeah sure, absolutely. In exactly the same way that my constant dreams of darkness and abandonment don't mean I have a deep seeded depression, your jungle antics with all those tight, sweaty lioncloths doesn't mean your gay. O far from it.

They had no loincloths. They were all just completely naked. And I'M NOT GAY!!!!!

demondude
08-16-2007, 01:23 PM

They had no loincloths. They were all just completely naked. And I'M NOT GAY!!!!!

That just makes things worse. :tongue:

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 01:42 PM

I AM NOT GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

demondude
08-16-2007, 01:54 PM

Okay I believe you. :greenie:

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 01:56 PM

Okay I believe you. :greenie:

No you don't.

P.S. Quote pyramids PWN

demondude
08-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Of course I don't. :rolleyes2

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Of course I don't. :rolleyes2

If you don't, Ima get my homies on you.

P.S. WTF happened to the quote pyramid?? You ruined it!!

demondude
08-16-2007, 02:10 PM
More like you're homos on me.

Anyway on topic I don't tend to have many dreams and when I do have interesting or awkward ones I just forget them. :(

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 02:11 PM
My homos? Dude seriously stop, I got a SERIOUS INTERNET REPUTATION. Not like being gay is bad, it's just I'M NOT GAY!!

demondude
08-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Okay I'll leave you and you're serious internet reputation of which I have only just found out about be.

Anyway WE're spamming up the thread this kind of stuff is for pms. :)

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 02:16 PM
SPAMMAGE FTW

And yeah demondude55, you're a newbiesauce, like 2 months old. Don't try to take me on boi, I get Psy and Tav on cho ass. But then Leeza'll ban me. : /

demondude
08-16-2007, 02:20 PM
I just said don't spam the thread.:eep:

You sir are a nasty little newbie sauce.

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 02:22 PM
2000 posts just means you have no life. More usernotes just means you conform to the others on this site. FOOL!

Also, I'll spam and get banned when and where I want.

demondude
08-16-2007, 02:25 PM
2000 posts just means you have no life. More usernotes just means you conform to the others on this site. FOOL!

Also, I'll spam and get banned when and where I want.

Instead of acting like an idiot why don't you go off and wallow in you're false popularity I never said I was the epitome of poular I'm just bringing up the fact you seem to think that you're so liked because you've been on for a while.

And I do have a life.

I may be the noob but you're the one acting like it.
And if you want to keep spamming and get banned then I'll be the one laughing at you're ignorance.

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm laughing at you ^.^

demondude
08-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Okay then. pm me when you want to stop spamming and realise that you're acting like a 7 year old.

Peegee
08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
My brain plays tricks on me all the time. I keep thinking I'm in a state of perpetual amazingness.

And then I wake up and realise it was all a dream. /cry

KentaRawr!
08-16-2007, 03:10 PM
I had a weird dream a few days ago, one that seems to have been the result of reading Post-Nuke and watching someone play Darkseed. We lived in a world, very beautiful, in which everyone had their own home in what seemed to be a free apartment building of the future. Every night, we'd have a ritual to ward off... something, and we'd be waving our card-keys around in front of our doors. I had two close friends, apparently. A guy and a girl.

Near the end of my dream, since I forgot everything else, was me in some huge tunnel on some kind of futuristic vehicle which had turret guns latched on top of it. What was weird was I saw myself in a third person view manning the turret, but for me to control it, I had to pull the turret up with my hand, and aim it how I wanted it. I didn't see my hand, it was just as though my hand was a controller for a video game or something. I was my character, and I controlled the turret by turning the turret with my giant, invisible hand! O_o Anyway, there was a small gap in the wall, near the ceiling, and through it I could see a hostile vehicle, which for whatever reason, I wanted to destroy. So I aimed the turret at it, and began shooting with my giant plasma guns! We were doing pretty well, but we saw the end of the tunnel, and something was at the end that made us all crash!

We stood at the outside of the tunnel, worn out. My male friend simply looked around, my female friend was exhausted. For whatever reason, my uber car was now a jeep. Anyway, the area we were in was like, just a dirt road I guess, but not really a road. I looked at the tunnel where our jeep stood. You know, now that I think of it, we may have run over the Jeep, and we just flew out of the uber car. Anyway, the Jeep was at the end of the tunnel, propped up sideways, but I noticed that there was only one opening! In fact, the other part of the tunnel that the hostile car was in simply didn't exist anymore! It was weird... To final up the dream, both my friends were doing something I forget, (NOT sex.), and I didn't want to join in. However, for whatever reason, I was so nervous that when I tried to put my hands in my pocket, I both my hands in my left pocket. o_O

W/e.

StarlightAngel
08-16-2007, 06:12 PM
I've had lucid dreams before, though only really for a few moments until I forget that it's a dream and play along with it again =/ My method of finding out is basically "Try to make yourself float in midair. If it works, you are dreaming".

One time, though, I started running and jumping from roof to roof, just 'cause I knew I could.

Anyway, I once had a dream where I woke up and got out of bed, and walked down the stairs where the front door was open. I got the newspaper and pulled it in, and then shut the door because it was raining (but yet, still sunny, come to think of it) outside. I left the newspaper on the floor and went back upstairs, and went to the bathroom when all the sudden I feel something wet on my side. I look and I've got this big bubble of blood on my hip, so I start freaking out and get into the bathtub trying to stem the flow. And then I woke up.

The one I just had, I was at this small Asian festival thing being held at my old elementary/middle school. I was talking to my friend on a computer or something there, and thinking I'd invite her to come, but then I remembered that she was probably still in Australia, so I decided against it. Then... I somehow ended up in a room with a bunch of kids from my high school, and I was trying to talk to a friend, but she was just looking at this drawing, so I think I gave up after a while and started drawing my own pictures. I remember looking around the room and seeing these kids gathered around a hardcover book, talking about Bleach (the show D: ), and shouting to them, "So someone got the art book, huh?". I think... someone came over and looked at my pictures I was drawing, when all the sudden some adult tells us we have to run past the playground. So I follow along with the other kids and run past the playground when I find out that we were apparently supposed to go get a kid from the playground on the way, and I remember wondering why they failed to mention that, and why we had to get a kid from the playground at all. And then I woke up.