PDA

View Full Version : Ava learns self-control

Avarice-ness
08-16-2007, 05:58 AM
...Shortly after going all out!

So I've decided to put my credit cards away and do that thing where you pay on them and save money and stuff..

Needless to say, this thought came right after buying a 20 inch flat screen moniter for my computer and the little blue tooth ear thing 'cause I keep almost dropping my cell in the sink when I do the dishes and talk on the phone, including next day delivery for 305 dollars.

So! Do you guys have self-control be it with money, food, sex, generalized things? Where did you learn it? Do you have a problem with lack of self-control?!

GO! GOE!

:razz:

LunarWeaver
08-16-2007, 06:25 AM
I guess self-control with food. I haven't eaten anything like ice cream, candy, chips, cake, cookies, etc. since I was 16. That's 5 years, lads! My worst vice is too much coffee. That's where I lose the control and become a rabid creature of the night.

Resha
08-16-2007, 06:40 AM
I have a self-control with anger up to a POINT. And then I start yelling and punching and oh my god I'm blinded by rage.

I wish I had more self-control in regards to the INTERNET, though.

bipper
08-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Yeah, having the responsibilities I do, you tend to learn it.

I am just a really horrid student. I could really learn more self control, but yeah. I am saving up to figure out the whole home buying experience, and for the first time ever, I really feel as though I have obtained enough self control. So I can't give a straight answer, cause I dunno. I tend to splurge. Especially for the child folk.

Rengori
08-16-2007, 07:32 AM
I have a self-control with anger up to a POINT. And then I start yelling and punching and oh my god I'm blinded by rage.

I wish I had more self-control in regards to the INTERNET, though.

Yup.

Also caffeine.

Nominus Experse
08-16-2007, 07:52 AM
I have little self control, but I do seem to be quite responsible with my finances - even, perhaps, to the point of being stingy or churlish.

Jojee
08-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Money, I'm pretty good with. ^_^ Not stingy, but careful~
Food, don't really need to be cautious, I don't usually splurge anyway and when I do I don't really care.
Sex, I'm cautious~

I'm okay, actually. Only thing I would need self-control with is um, procrastination :3 Holy yeah.

Old Manus
08-16-2007, 01:51 PM
It's easy to have self control with money when you don't have any to exercise your self-control with.

xXsarahXx
08-16-2007, 01:53 PM
i was really badly addicted to caffine, that sorted itself out though because im now allergic to it! so cant have it even if i want it!

Im terrible for shopping, spending my fiances money...woops!!

Bunny
08-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I am very snobby with my money. I make loans to my family and make them pay interest when they pay me back. I buy things only if I see them as a decent expense (books and games go under entertainment catagory, and I rarely buy games anymore. Can't have enough books though). I don't spend money on things I don't really need (huge television, massive computer monitor, etc).

I don't eat a lot, so I guess that is self-control with the food. I actually hate eating and wouldn't if it wasn't necessary for my survival. Sex is immaterial because my girlfriend lives too far away for me to have it in excess. All other matters are pretty under control as well.

Peegee
08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
I have very little self control with my money which is a terrible trait to have. I know to invest my money but despite having nearly 9000$ invested I feel I should have more (I have allowances for another 10000$ or so thanks to working without investing for years).

And even then, I should be trying to invest more. I mean, I had barely any expenses the first two years of my employment. That means I made roughly 48 grand after taxes, before any expenses (food, gas, rent, pie).

But I value hedonism over a much more enjoyable life later. Stupid me hasn't learned that lesson yet. =(

Rye
08-16-2007, 02:46 PM
My self control with money isn't all that great. It's something I'm going to have to really get a grip on.

My self control with food is similar to my grip on money, but I'm getting better with it. Honestly, I don't think I even eat much over 1000 calories on most days except really bad pig out days/family occasions.

I have terrible self control when it comes to my emotions though, particularly my anger. I do have anger problems.

Fonzie
08-16-2007, 02:52 PM
It's easy to control the money you spend when you don't have any at all.

I hardly ever get angry, just bored.

Peegee
08-16-2007, 03:10 PM
My self control with money isn't all that great. It's something I'm going to have to really get a grip on.

My self control with food is similar to my grip on money, but I'm getting better with it. Honestly, I don't think I even eat much over 1000 calories on most days except really bad pig out days/family occasions.

I have terrible self control when it comes to my emotions though, particularly my anger. I do have anger problems.

I doubt you're eating 1000 calories a day or your body would shut down faster than a pokemon in a caged digimon match with agumon.

oddler
08-16-2007, 04:34 PM
The only time I really show anger is on here. Even then, it's not bad anger. I learned financial control when I was 16 because I needed a car and I had to earn it. I kind of have a hard time keeping my immaturity locked down but I think that mostly comes with my personality.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I need to learn self-control with going for a poo. This one time I was on a TV show and I really need a jobby but I also really wanted to be on the TV show so I just Prairie dogged it for a bit, but eventually I couldn't fight it anymore and it just popped out and I had to do a poo in the hallway while we were doing this meeting for the show.

bipper
08-16-2007, 04:47 PM
GO!

Spell check ftl.

Sergeant Hartman
08-16-2007, 04:59 PM
I only spend money on things I really want.

Araciel
08-16-2007, 06:09 PM
hell no...and i have no money

Avarice-ness
08-16-2007, 08:32 PM
GO!

Spell check ftl.

Fixed!

Shlup
08-16-2007, 09:41 PM
My grandparents told me my whole life that you're not a grown-up until you're 25, but recently my grandma said I pretty much had it down around 22. Even though I still haven't put away my cartoon t-shirts, posters, and action figures like she said I'd have to. Score two for me!

Vermachtnis
08-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm terrible with money. I buy alot crap on impulse.

Zeldy
08-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Im appauling with money, even though my parents are so tight with me on allowance. I got £230 for my birthday. and I DON'T KNOW WHERE ITS ALL GONE ;______;

Ive had to tell my best friends to not let me buy crap, which they're pretty good at, as Im like "OOOH, A BALLOON!" but they tell me "No, Amy, NO >:{"

Kirobaito
08-17-2007, 02:03 AM
I'm careful enough with my money to have more money in my bank account than my parents do, if that means anything.

I don't buy just a crapload of expensive things (I'll stick with a TV for 10 years, or a computer for 5 or 6), but I buy a lot of little frivolous things that I really don't need but want because I don't want to grow up, like Transformers.

Markus. D
08-17-2007, 02:10 AM
I guess self-control with food. I haven't eaten anything like ice cream, candy, chips, cake, cookies, etc. since I was 16. That's 5 years, lads! My worst vice is too much coffee. That's where I lose the control and become a rabid creature of the night.

^-^~

You'd be awesome to see having a Caffeine-high.

Vermachtnis
08-17-2007, 02:50 AM
Ive had to tell my best friends to not let me buy crap, which they're pretty good at, as Im like "OOOH, A BALLOON!" but they tell me "No, Amy, NO >:{"

You're lucky. My friends take me shopping cause they know I'd buy crap they can play with.