PDA

View Full Version : OH, NOW I GET IT!

Rengori
08-16-2007, 11:37 AM
So I was watching TV earlier today, and I saw a commercial for Scrubs on Comedy Central, and it had a scene where JD was commenting on a woman's nose, saying, "That is the worst broken nose I've ever seen," to which the woman responds, "I'm here because I stepped on a nail!" and I've seen that episode a few times before and it only now hit me what the joke was.

You can figure out the topic, go.

(Just to avoid the smartasses, it's times you didn't pick up on why a joke was funny until much later)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-16-2007, 01:35 PM
It ticks me off a little when people purposely pretend to not get jokes you tell just to demean you

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 01:36 PM
I...like scrubs?

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2007, 06:50 PM
I...have no idea...how I missed that very same joke in Futurama...until the fifth-to-last time I saw that episode (NEW EPIES PLZ)

KentaRawr!
08-16-2007, 07:06 PM
I seriously don't get it. What's the joke?

TyphoonThaReapa
08-16-2007, 07:11 PM
So I was watching TV earlier today, and I saw a commercial for Scrubs on Comedy Central, and it had a scene where JD was commenting on a woman's nose, saying, "That is the worst broken nose I've ever seen," to which the woman responds, "I'm here because I stepped on a nail!" and I've seen that episode a few times before and it only now hit me what the joke was.

You can figure out the topic, go.

(Just to avoid the smartasses, it's times you didn't pick up on why a joke was funny until much later)

...You disappoint me...:eep:...Anyway, so far I haven't come across
a joke I can't get. So, I have nothing to contribute to this conversation...

Odaisé Gaelach
08-16-2007, 07:14 PM
I get it...

Vermachtnis
08-16-2007, 07:15 PM
I have a bad time with dirty jokes. But it's because some of them of just so stupid.

Zeldy
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
I am appauling at not getting jokes, it's becoming a joke itself among all my friends. They say I laugh three times at a joke; the first when I PRETEND to understand it, the 2nd when it's described to me and I get it and the 3rd time when I'm laughing at myself for taking so long.

I don't get that nose joke that was posted. :3

The Mog Ninja
08-17-2007, 01:06 PM
See, JD was saying her nose looked ugly because it had been broken, but then she responded by saying her nose is perfectly fine, it's her foot that's the problem, meaning her nose really is that ugly when it is perfectly fine, meaning JD insulted her nose.

Fonzie
08-17-2007, 02:41 PM
See, JD was saying her nose looked ugly because it had been broken, but then she responded by saying her nose is perfectly fine, it's her foot that's the problem, meaning her nose really is that ugly when it is perfectly fine, meaning JD insulted her nose.

Oh my god, we have a winner.

Give the girl a prize.

The Mog Ninja
08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
I was explaining it to the others who didn't get it.

rubah
08-17-2007, 02:56 PM
if you hadn't explained it I would have :)

there's been some things I didn't get until years later, seems like, but I don't remember what they were.

The Mog Ninja
08-17-2007, 02:57 PM
if you hadn't explained it I would have :)

there's been some things I didn't get until years later, seems like, but I don't remember what they were.

Wewt for gang-arguing with The Fonz. Backup is nice.

Breine
08-17-2007, 03:46 PM

Ah, I thought it was much deeper than that.

KentaRawr!
08-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah. I guess I shouldn't try to look at things so complex-like.

Araciel
08-17-2007, 04:53 PM
i don't have a sense of humour.

Jojee
08-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Why thank you KingdomHeartsdude :p ...It's not very funny, though.

tidus_rox
08-17-2007, 09:04 PM
lol I get it.

The Unknown Guru
08-18-2007, 04:19 AM
Sometimes I hear dirty jokes and don't get them, but when I'm trying to go to sleep that day, I think about it and go "Oh, I get it! Ugh hahahaha, Ugh haha, Ugh. Ugh. Ughhhhhh."

The Mog Ninja
08-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Why thank you KingdomHeartsdude :p ...It's not very funny, though.

NP

Iceglow
08-19-2007, 08:58 PM
when I don't get jokes I simply sit there and look blank then I might get it and I'm like "orly?"