PDA

View Full Version : The Best Leader - NOT Main Character

Hazzard
08-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Who did you really felt lead an FF group the best; made them feel comfort when their hopes were down, gave them guidance when they felt lost and sapped of energy, or even gave them a bit of hope to win their last battle with the protagonist.

I'm going with Auron! I'll explain later after more posts

Vivisteiner
08-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Steiner from FFIX is the obvious answer.

Bolivar
08-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Celes and Cloud. Celes' speech with Setzer, that's like the turning point when everyone gains alot of hope, even the people around them in the building.

Everyone in VII learned to depend on Cloud, they all had things to say about him to Tifa when he first left. He handled the situation right, too, just before Disc 3. Cid Highwind also gave real inspiring speeches and his music playing didn't hurt!

Tavrobel
08-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Cid Highwind. Shut up and drink your goddamned tea.

Hazzard
08-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah, Cid from VII was an inspirational figure.

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2007, 10:09 PM
FFVII Cid, Cloud, Squall, and Auron were my favorite leaders n.n

I especially loved the line, "I've had it up to here with this 'leader' thing."

also "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose. Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow. Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands."

...that whole scene was quite beautiful actually XD

ReloadPsi
08-17-2007, 02:47 AM
I liked Gordon in FF2 when he got his courage back. FF9's Eiko shouts some pretty menacing stuff at the final boss as well. Maybe also FF7's Rufus: The Shinra forces did seem to get a bit tougher once he took over from his dad, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that you'd progressed further in the game and the enemies would have to catch up.

Honourable mention: Palom and Porom. Not so much for leading (they just followed Cecil) but more for taking matters into their own hands and making enough space in the party for Cid and his almighty hammer petrifying themselves.

Lawr
08-17-2007, 02:54 AM
FuSoYa or Golbez hands down.

silentenigma
08-19-2007, 02:59 AM
I'm going with Auron!

yeah me too considering he planned out everything for their quest without the other characters even knowing...

50calCerberus
08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
i dont think vaan should have been leader chracter in 12 ashe or basch would work better

PeneloRatsbane
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Vaan wasn't the leader, Ashe was. she just got guidance from the others.

basch: basically just kissed her ass the whol way thru
and Vaan and penelo didn't have a clue.
Fran and Balthier had the know how and adviced her against the nethicite (reddas as well) and Fran seemed to have the navigating down.
so without them Ashe would have been screwed.

The Mog Ninja
08-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Vaan wasn't the leader, Ashe was. she just got guidance from the others.

basch: basically just kissed her ass the whol way thru
and Vaan and penelo didn't have a clue.
Fran and Balthier had the know how and adviced her against the nethicite (reddas as well) and Fran seemed to have the navigating down.
so without them Ashe would have been screwed.

I've noticed how Vaan and Penelo just sort of stick around for no reason too.

I reckon Fran was a good leader. She had the know-how around the place. Her and Balthier actually, yeah. I'm starting to regret having Basch and Vaan in my main party now. :(

Laddy
08-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I hate Auron, go FuSoYa!

Ashley Schovitz
08-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Who's considered the leader in IX? I want to say Tidus, but didn't Steiner try to as well? I think he didd in the begginning trying to take the Princess back home, but he really just ended up following people's orders so Steiner isn't a leader, He ran away with Garney on her orders to get back to Alexandria and Zidane led the way most of the way through. Eiko and Garnet had their own lead for a period of time too. It was Garnet who drove the airship back to Lindblum it was her idea to go there in the first place andEiko led the party when they were in the Desert Palace out of them and the other FF leaders I pick Zidane.

Serapy
08-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Cid Highwind. Shut up and drink your goddamned tea.

oh yeah, cid for the win.

FF7 : Cid
FF8 : Hmm... Rinoa.
FF9 : Vivi
FF10 : Wakka

Evastio
08-21-2007, 04:18 AM
I'd have to say Mindu from FF2 because he's very calm, smart, and responsible. He also always knows what is needed to be done and he's willing to do it.

50calCerberus
08-21-2007, 11:48 AM
uhh ok

Renmiri
08-21-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm going with Auron!

yeah me too considering he planned out everything for their quest without the other characters even knowing...

Ditto!

He knew all the shiite that was going on and prepared the team but he always let the decision to continue on in Yuna or Tidus hands, he never forced them. He was just there to help them with whatever they decided.

beema
08-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Why do people keep saying Cloud? Can they not read the title of this thread?
Also, Cloud was a horrible leader. Probably the worst I've ever seen. He didn't know what or why he was doing anything half the time and he was always spazzing out or getting depressed over something.

Hyperion4444
09-11-2007, 10:43 PM
FFVII:
-Cloud: Got to be in the Center.
-Vincent: Older and more experienced, he leans into knowledge the rest of the gang in other intrepretations besides the original ''AC/DoC''
FFVIII:
-Squall: Leads by Power. (Courage, Determination...ect)
-Quistis: Leads by Knowledge. (Instructor)
-Seifer: ... 'attack'.
FFX:
-Auron: Only one who fits the cathegory. (Power/Mind/Spirit...)
FFXII:
-Balthier: Story revolves around them, Vaan would be lost without him.
-Ashes: Story revolves around them, Ashes is a Princess
-Vayne: Story revolves around him, Vayne is the emperor.