PDA

View Full Version : Which of these Wii games should I get?

KentaRawr!
08-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Well, my Wii has been rather dry as of late. So, I was wondering which of these games I should get that I'm considering. Feel free to make suggestions on games besides the ones I have listed, as I've been out of my touch as of lately.

The games I'm considering are:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers: Charged
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

What I currently think I'm going to do is just get Metroid Prime 3, and the next time I have enough money for a game, I'll get Super Paper Mario. But then I thought of my Wii Online USB whatever-ma-bob, and its only usage seemingly going to Mario Kart DS, so I began to wonder of Mario Strikers: Charged. Because of this, I have a few questions:

How well is the online executed?

Is the game easy to get into?

How good is the community?

How much replay value is there when not counting the online mode?

And most importantly, are friend codes game specific, or do they use my Wii Friend Code?

And then I remembered Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Only 20$, meaning I'd have some money left over! Plus a ton of extras! But what I want to know is, is it worth it if I already have Resident Evil 4 for the GCN?

And finally, Super Paper Mario. Some pretty basic questions here. How much emphasis would you say there is on simple classic Mario-ness? How RPG-Like does the game feel as you're playing it? Does it have good replay value? How annoying does it get switching from 2D to 3D all the time just to see if there's something behind that warp pipe? :O

Rawr.

Dragonsoul
08-16-2007, 11:24 PM
I don't know tons of info but Super Paper Mario might have been Wii's most popular game of the spring. It's more a platformer than an rpg, you can get it. Also, RE 4 was extremely popular when it came out and may have been the best game of the year. I don't know about the other two games. Go to metacritic.com/games and gamerankings.com and type in the name of the game and see the average of critical reviews and user votes. Go to the official websites and read the articles for each game on Wikipedia. Good luck. :D

Craig
08-16-2007, 11:47 PM
How well is the online executed? Not very well at all in my opinion. There is no lobby, you can't talk to people or create games or join clans. You simply have a screen, you click a button, it connects you to a random person whom you don't speak to at all, you play them and then you never see that person again. It's not to different to playing a computer opponent really.

And most importantly, are friend codes game specific, or do they use my Wii Friend Code? Game specific.

I've not played it enough to answer the other questions.

As for Resident Evil 4, I wouldn't bother just yet. The controls are brilliant and its the best version yet. I have the Ps2 version but I bought it anyway. However, if you're a bit strapped for cash I'd say its best to put it off and buy some games that you have yet to experience.

tidus_rox
08-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Metroid.

ljkkjlcm9
08-17-2007, 06:40 AM
pretty easy choice if you ask me

of all the paper mario games, I never finished super paper mario, which is saying A LOT cause it's one of my few Wii games

RE4 is on GC or PS2 anyways, most people have played it, if not, go ahead and get it

Mario Strikers.... the GC one is fun, idk if I need a newer version of the same thing though

Metroid prime 3.... just... yes.... I want this game

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
08-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Metroid Prime is the next major Wii game, so you'd probably be safe just waiting a few days for that. Probably.

Mario Strikers is quite fun on its own. I haven't bothered trying to get it online yet or play local multiplayer, but I can imagine multiplayer being pretty crazy. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/05/25) You can actually play through the main 'story' mode co-op. Beating up people is fun, and nobody feels too overpowered (even comparing the Team Captains vs the rest of the team).

Super Paper Mario definitely feels more like "Super Mario" than "Paper Mario" (except you can't run, which feels weird). The 2D-to-3D thing didn't get tired for me, I quite liked it :P Like Craig, I haven't finished it either. Not that I got bored with it, just haven't been compelled to go back to it. Didn't quite suck me in.

Proxy
08-17-2007, 02:06 PM
i can tell you this from experience. Strikers is one hell of a fun game. They've improved over the last one.