PDA

View Full Version : How fast do you play through games?

tidus_rox
08-17-2007, 03:13 AM
Well, I know the answer to this question is very hard to get. In the summer, during school, if the game sucks. There are a ton of things that effect the outcome.

So, taking into account all those things, how fast do you play through games?

Generally, I play pretty darn slow. Currently, I am playing Xenosaga I and have 5:10. I have been playing for 3 days I think. That is pretry fast for me because I do find intrest in that game. However games like Enchanted Arms and FF VIII, I can rack up about 15 hours in a month. (Sorry FF VIII lovers, it doesn't seem to tickle my fancy.)

Games like DDR, however I play alot more than regular games. I have to move around alot or else I feel caged in or something wierd. Plus, DDR does have its advantages; I have lost some weight, AND I can show off infront of my friends.

Sorry, excuse my babbling, just answer the question people. Lol

qwertysaur
08-17-2007, 03:23 AM
Usually I will play a game trough pretty quickly to see the ending. Then I like to take my time replaying the game and doing all of the sidequests and stuff.

Rengori
08-17-2007, 03:38 AM
I usually play an hour or two a day on days I feel like playing the game. So pretty slow.

Namelessfengir
08-17-2007, 03:44 AM
depends on the game, and what i got going on. a lot less lately because i work, and i dont really have any games i feel like playing right now.
so i watch once upon a time in mexico pretty much every day, watch anime and play gta sa

Vermachtnis
08-17-2007, 04:02 AM
I guess pretty quickly. I've logged a lot of hours into games, about 5-7 a day. But I'm going back to collage soon and that number'll drop. Maybe.

Nifleheim7
08-17-2007, 04:04 AM
I hate to rush through a game.Especially for games like Final fantasy i want to take my time and explore everything (exploration is what i like more in a game).

The Mog Ninja
08-17-2007, 04:43 AM
Depends on the game.

KH2, took me 2 days.

FFX, took me 2 months.

Roto13
08-17-2007, 07:31 AM
I've had Tales of the abyss since June and I'm still not finished even though I love it. D:

LunarWeaver
08-17-2007, 07:44 AM
I go through them all insanely quick-like and need a good smacking. Blue Bear still isn't done with Abyss and I've beat it three times Dx

Captain Maxx Power
08-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Unless I've never played the game before then often I'll go fast enough to take in the storyline. I have a hatred of spoken dialogue however. For some reason it always seems to be a lot slower than what you'd see in a film, so I generally read the dialogue in the subtitles and skip past the actual speaking parts. If I have played the game before I'll often rush past dialogue and the bits of the game I don't like. For example recently replaying Kotor I pretty much stormed through Telos in order to get to the Jedi Academy and get my dual-lightsabres. Ah, good times.

Bunny
08-17-2007, 01:48 PM
I tend to play through the first parts of a video game fairly quickly, but my interest wanes more towards the end. Wild ARMs 3 is a good recent example. I am on Deus Ex Machina with about 18 hours of playtime, half of which was spent doing Millenium Puzzles, the first 10 Teleport Towers, discovering most of the map, and flying around in circles going "WHEEE" on Lombardia.

demondude
08-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Depends when I can be arsed.

Mostly about 3-4 hours a day though. :)

10-Breaker
08-17-2007, 04:15 PM
I usually manage to complete games in a week. It sure takes longer if I want to do sideguests or acquire the secrets.

Bolivar
08-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Depends on the game. other than RPG's I usually just mess around with them a little bit, might put it on the backburner for a few days and go back.

on RPG's it depends on the game. The older FF titles/Chrono Trigger/SNES era I usually get through them in about a week. For newer FF's/Xenosaga/ps/ps2 era I can really get into them for hours everyday and really immerse myself into their worlds.

If the random battles are getting annoying i'll rush through the dungeon, if not i like to explore and get all the treasure i can.

Hazzard
08-17-2007, 06:37 PM
If I'm honest and truthful; depending on whether the game is bloody fantastic, I'll go super crazy and play like 5-8 hours worth of non-stop gaming, only for like 2 minute breaks every fifteen minutes - this usually happens when I'm bored or captivated in story. If the game is decent, then it's lucky to get half an hour of my time, if it's been played through several times, then I would estimate a fair five minutes. Big difference, huh?

Ifirit's Fury
08-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I'll blast through first person shooters pretty fast. Medal of honor games usually only last a weekend and I've killed every Nazi in the game.

When it comes to final fantasy I'm more patient, like to take my time and explore everything I can.

If I'm just in the mood to kill an hour or so, then it's NHL 07 or GH

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I take a long time to play through games now but the total time logged is still what it use to be. Pretty short. I blast through games and always have. I like speed challenges and no matter the game I always try to do it fast. I mess around for fun doing stupid :skull::skull::skull::skull: for fun all of the time but people who take their time do not fall into my blazing it up category or messing around category. Messing around involves doing the same stupid game ending type of :skull::skull::skull::skull: 300 times in a row. Thus that time is never saved :D

Dreddz
08-17-2007, 07:51 PM
A good game fast, a bad game slow. Makes sense.

Cookie
08-17-2007, 10:07 PM
I finished Star Fox Adventures in four sittings over four days, the last one taking place this morning.

Zeromus_X
08-18-2007, 07:45 AM
The factors that determine how fast I play through a game are how much free time is available and if the game holds my interest. If the game is kinda slow, it takes me quite a bit longer to find the time to finish it. I don't enjoy forcing myself to finish a game. Generally if it's an older game I've played many times before it doesn't take too long to complete.

Pouring Rain
08-18-2007, 05:09 PM
It depends on some games. I'm told I play pretty fast, though. I've been replaying through Xenosaga Episode I again, and in about four days I've made it to the Song of Nephilim. Also in Kingdom Hearts, I've been playing for about a week and a half, and I've made it to End of the World. Those are relatively fast, but for games like Zelda and such, it takes me forever. Phailage. That reminds me, I haven't played Twilight Princess in a while. I should probably replay that soon...

crono_logical
08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I've been averaging one PS2 RPG per month for the past half a year or so now, with other non-RPG games interspersed between/during them like God of War or Hoihoi-San taking up the odd day or two or so each, and that's with work in my way limiting me :p I generally play games slower and clock up more hours than most people though since I like to explore absolutely everything in RPGs :p

Mercen-X
08-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Games with no explorative properties I can pretty much get through in record times . . . unless the game starts being an itch like Shadow of the Colossus where that damn turtle thing won't follow me toward any of them damn geysers. The first time I played, that was like the easiest battle. Now I can't seem to get that turtle where I want him. Damn it.

Games like Final Fantasy however . . . they're a different story. Sometimes, I start out trying to set a decent time . . . but I get caught up in sidequests and collecting and obsessive battling . . . I can never run straight through, I'm too easily distracted.

Shoeberto
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Depends on the game and what I have going on. I beat RE4 on a replay in like four or five sittings not long ago, but I was on break with like no responsbilities and was having a blast. An RPG can easily take me months.

BlackDragoon05
08-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Just depends on the game, what I have to do that day (or the next day if its later at night) and if I feel like playing a lot.

Dirufan
08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
The only games I ever play anymore are FF games and Halo. Halo took me 2 weeks on Legendary, and FF games usually take me an average of 12-13 hours, minus the story sequences. But I beat FF IV on my emulator in 3 hours. =/ I don't appreciate the games as mucha s I should.

The Unknown Guru
08-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I usually rip through it to find out the story, then I play it a second time and do everything.

Heath
08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Depends how much time I have available really. I ripped through Advance Wars DS and Castlevania: DoS pretty quickly because I had plenty of time available. However, the game I completed before those two, FFXII, took me several months because of the actual length of the game as well as other commitments. Generally though, about two to three weeks of playing when I can will get me through a console game. Less for a handheld. RPGs generally involve me going through the game, completing it and then commencing from an earlier save to get all the little bits and bobs and explore every bit of the game after I've seen the ending though, so longer if you include everything.

Skyblade
08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Slowly. I despise speed runs (although I do complete them in Metroid games for the endings). But I love immersing myself in the world of a game. Running through to the end of a game like Chrono Trigger or Golden Sun seems just criminal to me.

tidus_rox
08-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Wow, I have had Xenosaga 1 for like 2 weeks now and I only have 8 and a half hours on it... SLOW.....

Lawr
08-28-2007, 04:16 AM
During Summer:
I take my time, not even bothering to speed through unless it's a boring part, like Ghost Ships or something.

During School:
Who said homework was more important than VIDEO GAMES?

If It's Boring:
Still at a Steady Pace.

Peegee
08-30-2007, 07:36 PM
All games are the same: I play them through asap. The only time I fail is when I hate the game, or when I'm bored of it that I can't finish it.

If I get stuck I get walkthroughs. I don't care. Games are just movies to me and I don't care about movie spoilers, just as I don't care for games spoilers.

Woot.

kikimm
08-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm generally pretty slow, even if it's a game I get really wrapped up in. I still takes me weeks. Especially because I like to make them last. =)

I haven't played an RPG in years, but when I was playing them often, it would usually take me months as well.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-31-2007, 01:33 AM
I play quite fast (through my standards)

Project G
09-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I go through games like underwear! Unless it's a game that has length like the ff series