PDA

View Full Version : Rapture.

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 03:12 AM
A divine being comes from the heavens to say that Earth will be destroyed in 10 minutes, and you are told to sacrifice yourself to save the entire planet and it's population.

The being says you can do anything within those last 10 minutes of your life, except you can not say what you'll be doing and that you'll die, because if so, the planet will be destroyed. They say it's your choice to save or doom the world.

What would you do?

Also, what would you do inbetween those last 10 minutes of your life?

Edit: You neither go to Heaven or Hell.

Comet
08-18-2007, 03:20 AM
I won't sacrifice myself for :skull::skull::skull::skull:, if I go down, EVERYBODY GOES DOWN WITH ME!!!

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 03:21 AM
I won't sacrifice myself for :skull::skull::skull::skull:, if I go down, EVERYBODY GOES DOWN WITH ME!!!

What a selfish man you are.

Madame Adequate
08-18-2007, 03:24 AM
I wouldn't do anything. I'm not the one going to blow up the world - full culpability for the ensuing genocide rests with the murdering god/gods who are going to. Actually, I would spend those last ten minutes making very sure they knew exactly how precisely it was their fault.

The murdering scum.

Chimp
08-18-2007, 03:24 AM
I would die anyway, so I would save the world.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-18-2007, 03:27 AM
If I chose to sacrifice myself, then I would make sure I could see the guy I have a crush on and kiss him, then just go.

The question remains if I would sacrifice myself...I am not too sure really. I want to say yes, but I dunno...

yanis
08-18-2007, 03:28 AM
This thread makes me sad :sad:

bipper
08-18-2007, 03:31 AM
I would take an 11 minute nap. Impossible you say? Well, don't believe me, it is just what makes you weak. IT is also why this incredibly rare and inconceivable yet hypothetical fate has chosen me!

Rengori
08-18-2007, 03:32 AM
I'd probably try to help people if I'm gonna die anyway. Then I'll probably go to hell and become Satan's bitch.

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 03:35 AM
Also, you go to neither Heaven or Hell.

Chimp
08-18-2007, 03:47 AM

lol death note

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 03:48 AM

lol death note

lol idiot

Chimp
08-18-2007, 03:50 AM

lol death note

lol idiot

To YOU maybe :jokey:

Psychotic
08-18-2007, 03:52 AM
I'd choose to sacrifice myself, and I'd use those 10 minutes to tell everyone at EoFF who I think is a twat that they are a twat. Ah what the hell, I'll do that now!

Dear every single person who has registered at EoFF and isn't me,

You are a twat. No, really. You're just going to have to accept it and move on.

Your pal,
Psychotic.

Well now I guess I have nothing to do for those ten minutes.

Cookie
08-18-2007, 03:53 AM
Do something epic for nine and a half minutes then reveal that I was going to die.

Chimp
08-18-2007, 03:53 AM

Your pal,
Psychotic.

Thanks for the update, Kaptain Kool.

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 03:54 AM
I'd choose to sacrifice myself, and I'd use those 10 minutes to tell everyone at EoFF who I think is a twat that they are a twat. Ah what the hell, I'll do that now!

Your pal,
Psychotic.

*search meaningful post*

*none found*

:(

bipper
08-18-2007, 03:55 AM

Your pal,
Psychotic.

I thought something smelled around here :shifty:

Bunny
08-18-2007, 03:59 AM
This world does not deserve to be saved.

LunarWeaver
08-18-2007, 04:05 AM
Vandalize Wikipedia pages.

Iceglow
08-18-2007, 04:06 AM
for 10 minutes I'd probably just stand there thinking "wtf do I do with these 10 minutes?" before asking "does that 10 minutes count or is there a pause button? No? O-smurf!"

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 04:11 AM

You wouldn't even do it to save your girlfriend, your friends, and your family?

bipper
08-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Why would you save the world from TRUE judgment? Why would you defy God?

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 04:15 AM

Who says it's God.

bipper
08-18-2007, 04:16 AM

Who says it's God.

It is alluded to by the term Rapture.

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 04:35 AM

Who says it's God.

Rapture isn't in the bible.

Renmiri
08-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Oh well, easy come, easy go... :p

bipper
08-18-2007, 04:41 AM

Who says it's God.

No, it is a freaking Christian Doctrine and study. You know Purgatory is never directly mentioned either? bleh. It is a religious word, and it involves Christian end times.

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 04:46 AM

Who says it's God.

No, it is a freaking Christian Doctrine and study. You know Purgatory is never directly mentioned either? bleh. It is a religious word, and it involves Christian end times.

Wait a minute... we're not in EoEO.

wtf... :confused:

bipper
08-18-2007, 04:57 AM
lurk more.

TyphoonThaReapa
08-18-2007, 05:09 AM
All right children. Calm down. A'yo, I'll shade some light on the subject by telling you guys what I'll do. First of all, I will automatically choose not to sacrifice myself. Listen people, once I'm dead, what matters to you guys won't make a difference due to the fact that the only perception I can trust is my own. And most of the time, I can't even trust that! Hell, for all I know, this life can be a dream. Secondly, I vowed to myself a long time ago to find away to prove that I exist without the aid of Gods or Demons. Why can't we exist by our own terms? Why would you want to exist by someone else's terms? And ,last but not least, everyones gonna dead sooner or later. So, stop trying to prolong the inevitable and go to sleep bitch!:rolleyes2

Araciel
08-18-2007, 05:10 AM
lohl you're joking right? i'd poke the angel in the eye and laugh as i walked away.

Nominus Experse
08-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Have the fastest quickie on the face of the earth, inject some LSD through an IV, and simply float on colours and sound till death.

Shlup
08-18-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't have a problem with the world ending.

StarlightAngel
08-18-2007, 07:40 AM
So wait, if I don't sacrifice myself, do I automatically go to Hell? And if I don't go to Heaven or Hell if I do sacrifice myself, where do I go?

I'd ask the divine being these questions before I make my decision.

BardTard
08-18-2007, 08:55 AM
No Heaven or Hell? That means I become part of the Lifestream right? lol

I'd... go have sex with people while enjoying video games. If I can't have sex with my boyfriend I'd go find some girl :lol: lol

Fonzie
08-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Bump for more interesting replies.

Fatal Impurity
08-18-2007, 05:06 PM
"Bumping is illegal in these forums!"

I'd be an evil bastard and correct everything and everyone as well as "enforce the rules" on everyone here at EOFF!

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-18-2007, 05:12 PM
I'd think "What a co-incidence, there was a thread on this the other day" then go sacrifice myself

demondude
08-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I'd do a number of things

A) kick angel in nuts
B) kill all enemys
C) Kill all my teachers
D) moan about how I spent the last minutes of my life killing people
E) kill myself.

Viola.

Bunny
08-18-2007, 08:00 PM

You wouldn't even do it to save your girlfriend, your friends, and your family?

The sudden unexplained disappearance/death of a loved one would probably strike them more than the sudden end of the world.

Proxy
08-19-2007, 07:58 AM
I'd make another baby to pass on more of my brilliance, and somewhat divine importance.
Yep. Make lots of babies. Lots & Lots of sex in 10 minutes.
Go ahead...Make your comments. :shifty:

Jojee
08-19-2007, 08:04 AM
The divine being is probably just tricking me and trying to get me to commit suicide >=( Bastard.

Caraliz
08-19-2007, 08:28 AM
I concur with Jojo. D:

Lawr
08-19-2007, 08:35 AM
The divine being is probably just tricking me and trying to get me to commit suicide >=( Bastard

To YOU maybe. :jokey:

Dirufan
08-19-2007, 09:28 AM
All those times when you asked someone the time, and they'd say, "Time for you to get a watch!"

Well, that time is nigh...

Værn
08-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Vandalize Wikipedia pages.
Already did, and nobody's noticed what I did in the six days that it's been there.
My friend once looked up the n-word on Wikipedia during class and posted a picture of Dave Chappelle, but that was taken down in literally seconds. Apparently the moderators get their fill of work just keeping an eye on pages for racist terms, I guess.

Anyways, I'd try hijacking a space shuttle from NASA. Earth is going to be destroyed in ten minutes, but Mars is still ripe for terraforming!

Jojee
08-19-2007, 07:56 PM
All you people that vandalize Wiki pages are evil, evil I tell ya. I actually use the place for research purposes. It's a nice resource when a bunch of 13 year olds aren't running around inserting swear words everywhere. >.<

Resha
08-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I'd eat. :lick:

Sergeant Hartman
08-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Solitaire.

Værn
08-20-2007, 12:07 AM
All you people that vandalize Wiki pages are evil, evil I tell ya. I actually use the place for research purposes. It's a nice resource when a bunch of 13 year olds aren't running around inserting swear words everywhere. >.<
I just insert a bunch of my friends into the "Notable residents" section on my town's wiki page from time to time. If anybody had looked at the article at all in the past week it would already be fixed, but nobody really cares about a town as obscure as this one except the people who live in it. My friend is much more likely to be the racist/sweary vandal, and on less obscure topics =p

Anyways, I've made up for it with my contributions to the Rammstein and Eisbrecher sections and cleaning up a few other articles.

Denmark
08-20-2007, 12:23 AM

A) kick angel in nuts

haven't you ever seen <i>Dogma</i>? Angels do not have sex organs. :rolleyes2

I wouldn't save the world, for the same reasons as I would never commit suicide. It would hurt the ones I loved, and that loved me. If the world was to be ended, there must be a reason. If it turns out there is an afterlife, I would want to be there with my loved ones, rather than by myself, with my loved ones mourning in the first life. I would rather everyone be happy and together than everyone be sad. No sacrifice. Either we all live or we all die.

Værn
08-20-2007, 01:14 AM

A) kick angel in nuts

haven't you ever seen Dogma? Angels do not have sex organs. :rolleyes2

I wouldn't save the world, for the same reasons as I would never commit suicide. It would hurt the ones I loved, and that loved me. If the world was to be ended, there must be a reason. If it turns out there is an afterlife, I would want to be there with my loved ones, rather than by myself, with my loved ones mourning in the first life. I would rather everyone be happy and together than everyone be sad. No sacrifice. Either we all live or we all die.
The first post said you won't go to Heaven or Hell; regardless of whether or not there turns out to be an afterlife, you won't be able to join them there.

In addition to that, dying to save the world and committing suicide shouldn't be compared. One is just killing yourself out of depression, the other is to decide the fate of humanity. Sure, they'd probably be crushed about your death either way, but there are very different principles behind killing yourself out of selfishness and sacrificing yourself to save the planet, realizing that one life weighed against billions is scarcely even a scratch to the world.

Serapy
08-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Heaven and Hell is just some fairy tale which led people to believe into it. Unfortunately, I don't believe 10 minutes is enough to save the planet. I'd just lie down and keep reminding myself that when all of us died, along with the planet, a billion of years will be formed into the future, at that new moment, another mankind will be created again. Happy ending, maybe. Everything don't last forever.

Oh, the reminding myself act will take around 3 mins, I'll get up and hug my family and say good byes to them. Hm, maybe I would get drunk if somethings goes wrong, to reduce the pain that we will encounter in next 2 mins.

tidus_rox
08-20-2007, 02:45 AM
Honestly, I would call all the family members I could in a 8 minute period, tell them I love them and what not. Then sit at the tabel with the family I live with and express my love towards them. Next, seconds before I would die, I would hold my two baby sisters in my arms and hold them with such intesity that it is making me cry as I type this response.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Monol
08-20-2007, 03:15 AM
No Heaven or Hell? That means I become part of the Lifestream right? lol

I'd... go have sex with people while enjoying video games. If I can't have sex with my boyfriend I'd go find some girl :lol: lol

Wow thats hott....

Anyhoot id probably use my 10 minutes to see if i can do a rubix cube under the pressure (the whole saving the world and all) and depending on if I succeed ill save the world but if i fail everyone dies...its only fair really