PDA

View Full Version : Leveling 80+? 90+?

Kuronama
08-18-2007, 01:55 PM
what are the best areas for these levels? thanks.

BG-57
08-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Three little words: Henne Mines Extension.

Kuronama
08-18-2007, 02:28 PM
uhg i have been leveling there but i hate it =/

BG-57
08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Pharos Subterra has high-level enemies, but I'd advise sticking to the side rooms; the enemies in the central ring are pretty unrelenting.

Also the Crystal Core works well, but it's hard to get in and out of.

Kuronama
08-18-2007, 02:49 PM
meh my main party is 96 97 97, ill just finish up in henne. thanks =)

Renmiri
08-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Top levels of Giruvegan ? Henne is better but Giruvegan is prettier.

Dragonsoul
08-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Is there a reason why there are no high level enemies in the game at the end besides bosses? It's hard to get up to Level 99 or am I missing something?

I think this was mentioned before and I think these were the nominations...

Henne mines special area
Lhusu mines special area
Pharos subterra
Giruvegan Great Crystal

Somebody posted about Nabreus Deadlands and Necrohol of Nabudis but those enemies are much weaker, not sure why they posted that.

I'm at level 59-60 right now(Yay!) For levelling up to level 67, are those the best places? Is there anything I should know as well? :D

Dirufan
08-19-2007, 07:21 AM
The best place that I've found, AND the most reliable is The Great Crystal II. When you get in there, take Saggitarius Gate two. Go right, and you'll have a neverending spawn of Necrofiends or whatever. They kill for 2500 xp, and you can create major chains of them, because the spawn is random. Plus, Once you get a chain of 256 of them, you can try to kill the Larva Eater that spawns at the nearest waystone and get the Danjuro, the most powerful dagger in the game.

Nifleheim7
08-19-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm also looking for a place to level up.
My main team is lv 70-72,and i just got some good beating by Dimsa and Diabolos at Lhusu Mines...(they are both VERY annoying when they have very little energy left)
The problem is that atm i can't have access to the Henne mines area you all seem to suggest,so i think i'll try Giruvegan or Pharos.

Btw,is there a strategy to beat Disma (i don't have holy atm)or just need to level up?

BG-57
08-19-2007, 08:43 PM
You have to have at least 10 Espers before the Elder Yugelo unlocks Henne Mines extension for you. Which means you have to complete the required boss fights at Pharos first.

I did a lot of leveling in Lhusu Mines extension up until that point.

I found that boss and mark fights become a lot easier with an HP healing Gambit connected to X-Potions. Generally keep up with Protect, Shell, Haste, Brave and Bubble. With good timing you can swap in equipment to block/absorb status ailments or elemental damage before it hits.

Nifleheim7
08-19-2007, 08:54 PM
You have to have at least 10 Espers before the Elder Yugelo unlocks Henne Mines extension for you. Which means you have to complete the required boss fights at Pharos first.

I did a lot of leveling in Lhusu Mines extension up until that point.

I found that boss and mark fights become a lot easier with an HP healing Gambit connected to X-Potions. Generally keep up with Protect, Shell, Haste, Brave and Bubble. With good timing you can swap in equipment to block/absorb status ailments or elemental damage before it hits.

Oh,ok then.:)
I think i'll level up at Lhusu/Giruvegan,go to Pharos and then continue leveling in henne mines.
And yes,i agree about the X-Potions.Curaga-ja takes a lot of time to cast it.

BG-57
08-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Generally I use a Curaga healing Gambit for regular foes, X-Potion for bosses. That's once X-Potions are easily obtainable at stores.

Hazzard
08-20-2007, 12:58 AM
X-potions are useless later on until you have around 700+ MP. I would set Curaja gambit for only one person in a party of three, also Hastega for one person, and Esunaga. The essentials are obviously the usual buffs, such as; Bravery, Bubble, Protect and Shell (I never really have to use the last two) Best leveling up spot is the Pithead Junction in the Henne Mines Extension area - 20 bats will appear, one kill = 3100 EXP x 2 w/embroided Tippet = 6200 per kill x 20 = 124,000 EXP, it's easy to shift screens to get them to respawn, with no encounters from other monsters, exit only twice then comeback. Only need three gambits, four if necessary; Foe- Undead : Cast Sleepga ---- Foe- Sleep : Cast Curaja
----- Ally - Cast Bubble (Before you pull the lever and haste up party, also definitely make sure you cast Faith on everyone in party)

Takes around one hour to level up 10 levels at lvl - 77+, but still good leveling.

Proxy
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Henne Mines extension is great EXP.
And in the Great Crystal as you get deeper in, and more lost also, the enemies are great exp.
And in the Subterra, if you have proper gambits set up, since the enemies seem to be endless it's a real quick way to get up there in levels.

Dragonsoul
08-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Great info on the pithead junction in henne mines extension!

People keep mentioning Lhusu mines, Henne mines, Great Crystal(Giruvegan), and Pharos Subterra, but which is best and what is the pros and cons for each and what level should you be at to level up in each of those?

Please give me specific info on this, and any levelling tricks there are. Thank! :)

Dirufan
08-20-2007, 11:42 PM
~Giruvegan~

Pros - Neverending chains
Relatively easy enemies
Deathbringer KO-able

Cons - Pain in the butt to get to

BG-57
08-21-2007, 12:07 AM
All these areas require the usual array of defensive magic (Protect, Shell, Float, Haste, Brave, Bubble, Libra):

Henne Mines Extension

Pros:
High level enemies
Close to an orange save crystal

Cons:
Unlocked late in the game

My place of choice to level. You can run back and forth from the save crystal without too much trouble. Equipping Black Masks, Rubber Suits, and accessories against Confuse are very helpful. Recommended only for about level 75+.

Lhusu Mines Extension

Pros:
Fairly high level monsters
Close to an orange save crystal

Cons:
Need to do some hunts and subquests to unlock.

I leveled a lot here when the Gilgamesh hunt first became available. The hardest region can easily overwhelm a party that's level 65 or below, so I recommend running to the blue save crystal and then venturing out, using the blue crystal as a home base. Also, watch out for the rare game Bombshell, he can be very tough for an unprepared party.

Pharos Subterra

Pros:
Easy to get in and out of any level using the elevator.
Relatively high level monsters.

Cons:
The side rooms start out in darkness until you can put Black Orbs in the shrines to bring up the light levels.
The fights along the inner rings can get very intense.
Unavailable until fairly late in the game, although earlier than Henne Mines Extension

I actually avoided this until after unlocked the HME and leveling up a bit to about level 85. That worked fairly well, but you have to keep moving if you are in the inner ring on any level, because the monsters will swarm you. The side rooms are a better bet, once you get the light levels up. This you can do by defeating the monsters you meet in the dark and picking up the Black Orbs they drop. You have to be touching them (like a treasure chest) or they will fly off after a short amount of time. It's very distracting to fight off a horde of monsters and trying to scoop up the Orbs at the same time.

Dragonsoul
08-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks! Basically I just need to level up to a high level(73 atleast, possibly 90's) so I need a place with high level enemies that show up frequently, what is the best choice of the four? :D

BG-57
08-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Do you have all five areas unlocked right now?

I personally consider Henne Mines Extension the best way to go. Try killing one of the Abyseel bats near the back entrance of the Henne Mines at the Feywood. You can't get very far inside, but if your party gets wiped out by a single bat, you're better off leveling up somewhere else first. The backup place for me is Lhusu Mines Extension.

Renmiri
08-21-2007, 02:00 AM
I just hate bats ! And love the view in Giruvegan :love:

Hazzard
08-21-2007, 01:47 PM
If you're in your 60's and you're attempting to access Henne Mines.Ex, then I'm guessing your party will be wiped out quickly, unless you flee all the way to the Pithead Junction and do the set gambits I wrote a few posts previous to this. If you're looking for easy leveling around your level, then I would advise heading off to Giruvegan (Kill off Behemoths and the flying gargoyles) or go to Subterra in Pharos, but you definitely need to have the appropriate gambits to even challenge the first hurdle of monsters who will enclose upon you.

Simply have your usual buffs and set these for attack:

Attack: Foe- Nearest Visible (For leader)
Attack : Party Leader Target (For two subordinates)

Dragonsoul
08-21-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't understand, I was in the Henne mines extension levelling up when I was at level 53. I'm still there and I'm at level 59-60 right now. It was tough earlier, but I survived by casting protection type spells on me and being cautious with Curaja being cast often.

I'll be here for a little more, then off to Giruvegan(Great Crystal). I'll probably do Pharos Subterra after that. Earlier I was in Lhusu mines extension but not anymore.

Hazzard
08-21-2007, 11:27 PM
What don't you understand, Dragonsoul?

BG-57
08-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Dragonsoul, you may be in the regular part of Henne Mines. Can you go north from the orange save crystal into the Ore Separation room and go east from there?

Dragonsoul
08-22-2007, 07:49 AM
What don't you understand, Dragonsoul?

Somebody said I would have trouble levelling up in the Henne Mines extension if I was in the 60's as far as level goes, but I was levelling up there when I was at level 53.

I start at the Orange save crystal, go north, then go east into the Henne mines extension, some guy opened the way for me. I remember a place where you turn a color switch and 10 bats show up. I fight these guys that disappear and reappaear also. I got a Ribbon as well and some megalixers. I'm pretty sure I'm in the Henne mines extension.

Anyways, I'm excited! :)

by the way I found vgchartz.com today, it shows how much a game sells!

Final Fantasy XII sold 600,000 copies on it's first week! Gears of War got like 500,000! :)

BG-57
08-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Hmm, sounds right. I was having more trouble with them at that level though. You're lucky with the Ribbon. It's only an 11% chance per try.

Dragonsoul
08-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Whoa! I didn't even know about the Ribbon until I found it in a corner. Right now I have the exp boosters equipped as a relic for everybody.

Hazzard
08-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Actually, 20 bats show up each time, keep exiting 2 screens then come back and flip the switch. You should go up two levels everytime you try it, at your levels.

Dragonsoul
08-22-2007, 10:26 PM
It's 20 bats, you sure? That's a lot! I was thinking 10-15 bats, I remember it taking a while to beat them. I had this cast on my characters...

Haste
Libra
Bravery
Faith
Bubble
Protect
Shell
*I also had the experience doubling Embroiddered Tippet relic equipped on everybody also.

I had Berserk cast on Vaan or Basch, depending on which party I was using. This would have them attack much faster and with much more power and I wouldn't have to control them. I would have Vaan or Basch attack and Ashe and Penelo, or Balthier and Fran would cast Curaja nonstop. I was able to beat them.

So you mean that I can just cast that switch over and over? I just did it one time. Do I have to leave the room? Do I go one or two screens away?

You say I can gain 2 levels by beating 20 bats, how is that possible, that seems like I would need a lot more bats to gain two levels, I'm at level 59-60 right now. Please tell me more! :)

Dirufan
08-22-2007, 10:30 PM
3111 x 20 = (2)62220 = 124440 Exp per round.

ff is da best
08-30-2007, 12:37 PM
the best place to lv up is in the secret parts of the henne mines ..
i started levelling my people when they were at lv 65+ and manged to get to lv 99 in about like 2 hours (i think). well yeah i also once lv up to 99 in the nabreus deadlands but i was going solo so i could get more exp.i used the excalibur and started at lv 70+

Dragonsoul
08-30-2007, 11:19 PM
A thread was posted for an auto levelling trick

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xii/108429-easy-level-ups.html

Let me try that! Is there my tricks like this that exist? I want to get up to atleast level 70